Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #1551
Pyser
Pro Rookie

invincible - 5/10

completely average in every way, but follows a tried and true formula.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #1552
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Fool's Gold - 8/10

I don't know why I liked this movie. I really don't think much of Matthew Machoweveryouspellhisnamehey as an actor. But I liked it. Treasure, action, suspense, comedy, romance. It's all those things wrapped up into a nice flick.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #1553
Flasch186
Coordinator

Elizabeth: The Golden Age 7/10

I truly liked the follow up and Clive Owen is great in his role as Sir Walter Raleigh. The piece truly tried to encapsulate the Spanish Armada's menacing and intimidating strength. I thought it was very good and recommend both the first Elizabeth and this one.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #1554
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Meet the Browns looks like a good movie, after viewing the trailer and seeing it doing well at the box office. Too bad it has a bad title since I thought it was another version of the awful Meet the Fockers.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #1555
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Just finished watching Bee Movie with the kids. From what I saw, I'd give it a 7/10.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #1556
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
Just finished watching Bee Movie with the kids. From what I saw, I'd give it a 7/10.

That movie was communist!
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #1557
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Dan In Real Life - 5/10

Maybe I'm not in the mood or something or maybe it's because Steve Carell is semi-serious in this movie.. whatever it is, it just didn't do much for me.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #1558
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
The Juice is worth the squeeze
We watched The Girl Next Door last night, and let me tellyou...this is a surprisingly good movie with some standouts in it. First off, let me say that I have never, NEVER, seen Timothy Oliphant do a bad job in anything including this. Eli his horny friend, while base, does a good job as well. Cuthbert is good in both facets of her character and the lead does a fine job as well. There are definitely some over the top performances and cliche's abound but if youre looking for a little bit of raunchy humor in a movie to rent. I recommend it.

Watching this again on TV tonight and the scenes are just awesome in capturing that boy meets girl who's out of his league awkwardness. Amazing.

It's as if a vet director did this with Vet actors....but they weren't. The characters are so well done and the little things, like the glances and smirks are so perfect. So well done, truly underestimated movie even by myself.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 03-22-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #1559
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Dan In Real Life - 5/10

Maybe I'm not in the mood or something or maybe it's because Steve Carell is semi-serious in this movie.. whatever it is, it just didn't do much for me.

I didn't want to ruin your great movie weekend but my wife told me that one was terrible after I refused to watch it based on reviews.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #1560
Brownkeg8
Mascot

Drillbit Taylor 7/10- Overall a very funny movie with Owen Wilson playing a good role in his interaction with High School nerds who need a bodyguard. Some Sexual references & mild language, but most was over even our 11 year old's head.

Last edited by Brownkeg8 : 03-22-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #1561
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I didn't want to ruin your great movie weekend but my wife told me that one was terrible after I refused to watch it based on reviews.

You should have.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #1562
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Dan In Real Life - 5/10

quite possibly the most unrealistic family portrayal of the last 10 years

and did i miss something. why were they all even there?!?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #1563
Blade6119
Coordinator

I Am Legend - 6.5

Maybe its just me, but i couldnt stand that ending. The whole movie was solid, and felt like it was building to something pretty great. Then...it just let me down. It was just too easy for my tastes.

Gone Baby Gone - 8

Really interesting, and i didnt figure out the ending until the end. Really makes you think about the morality of certain situations and what you would do in the main character's shoes. I went in expecting a crime flick, and while it was that, they managed to turn it into quite a bit more. I was pretty impressed, though depressed just by the tone of the movie.

Death at a Funeral - 9.5

New British comedy that had me laughing out loud almost the entire way through. Picked it up based off the reccomendations of some of my friends, and loved every minute of it. Part of what makes it so enjoyable is that they do a great job of making it seem like it could be anyone's family this happens to, and as such every viewer can relate. Its still is outlandish, but somehow manages to stay grounded if that makes any sense. Alan Tudyk had me falling out my my chair with his role. One of my most pleasent suprises in a long time
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 03-24-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #1564
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I Am Legend - 6.5

Maybe its just me, but i couldnt stand that ending. The whole movie was solid, and felt like it was building to something pretty great. Then...it just let me down. It was just too easy for my tastes.

The last third of the movie was really, really rushed. It's obvious they cut a bunch of footage out.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #1565
MikeVic
Head Coach

Superman - Doomsday - 6/10
I started watching this movie while tired, and fell asleep about 75% in. Not a fault of the movie. I finished watching the last quarter while rested.

I'm not the biggest Superman fan, but this wasn't very great or anything. There were some good scenes, and if this was on a TV series split into 4 episodes, I'd think it was good. But as a movie I was expecting more. It certainly had the feeling of being a TV show.

Some stuff just seemed to kind of happen or I might have missed explanations. If you like Superman, I think the story isn't very true to what happened in the story arc surrounding all of this, but I'm not well informed on that either.

In summary, I'm not sure who this movie was made for. I would guess for young kids that know nothing of Superman's story, or for Superman fans that don't care about the story saying true.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #1566
Lorena
Unregistered

The Recruit - 4/10

Colin Farrell gets recruited by Al Pacino to join the CIA and is told constantly: "nothing is what it seems". About 1/3 of the way into the movie I started getting upset.. I mean Colin's character is Capt. Obvious. During a stake out, he hides 2 cars away from his target.. I mean c'mon, if he wants to be undercover, how about hiding behind some bushes across the street, or in a car with tinted windows, or disguise yourself.. wear some shades, a cap, trenchcoat.. do something. The only thing that made this movie worthwile was hearing Al Pacino say his dick was on fire.

Don't waste your time with this movie, we should have watched Bourne Identity instead.

Last edited by Lorena : 03-24-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #1567
korme
Go Reds

Gangs of New York (2002) - I am surprised at myself that I hadn't ever seen all of this, only had caught bits and pieces until I bought the DVD and finally watched the 161 minute feature. At not one point did it feel too long, and I was into it from beginning to end. Great flick, as if you'd get nothing less from DiCaprio and Day-Lewis from Scorsese. 9/10
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #1568
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I have to agree with what said about "Dan In Real Life" this movie sucked...

I have seen a lot of praise for Gangs of New York lately, from friends and the internet- I watched it when it first came out on DVD and wasn't blown away- but I really don't remember it at all, so I guess I will be rewatching this one pretty soon.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #1569
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
I have to agree with what said about "Dan In Real Life" this movie sucked...

I have seen a lot of praise for Gangs of New York lately, from friends and the internet- I watched it when it first came out on DVD and wasn't blown away- but I really don't remember it at all, so I guess I will be rewatching this one pretty soon.

+1

We also bought the DVD when it came out and I remember not being impressed. I might have to whip it out this weekend and watch it again.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #1570
Raiders Army
Coordinator

When does version 1.1 of this thread come out?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #1571
rowech
Pro Starter

Gangs of New York is a much better movie after multiple viewings.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #1572
Groundhog
Coordinator

If you replace DDL with any other actor in the world, Gangs of New York is about a 6 or 7. With him, it's a 9.5-to-10, depending on the day. One of the greatest acting performances I've ever seen.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #1573
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
If you replace DDL with any other actor in the world, Gangs of New York is about a 6 or 7. With him, it's a 9.5-to-10, depending on the day. One of the greatest acting performances I've ever seen.

For me, it'd be more of an 8 because I really liked it overall, but I agree that DDL himself pushes it up to a near perfect rating.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #1574
korme
Go Reds

I love DDL, but he doesn't make the movie. In There Will Be Blood, he is that movie, he makes THAT movie. But here, Leo is solid as well and the story is great and he adds a very good performance, but he isn't why I want to see it again (the reason I will be watching TWBB again when it hits shelves).
Old 03-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #1575
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I only saw it once in the theater and found it very, very mediocare. I don't know if I'd be interested in seeing it again. DDL was good in it, but DiCaprio was dull, Cameron Diaz was horrible, and the whole movie felt bloated and sort of... meh. I'd give it about a 6.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-25-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #1576
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Sunshine - 7/10

I enjoyed it a lot, but 'the twist' just seemed a little odd and unexplained. Fairly predictable movie too, but still a good little space action movie. It was never in the theaters that I remember, unless only in the bigger cities. The whole storyline was just one I liked, with some good characters in the end I think.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:40 PM   #1577
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Sunshine - 7/10

I enjoyed it a lot, but 'the twist' just seemed a little odd and unexplained. Fairly predictable movie too, but still a good little space action movie. It was never in the theaters that I remember, unless only in the bigger cities. The whole storyline was just one I liked, with some good characters in the end I think.

I reviewed it a couple of pages back. It got a theatrical release here and I thought it was really good until it tried to go all 2001: ASO (and failed) at the end. Still, I enjoyed the movie as a whole.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 PM   #1578
korme
Go Reds

Blades of Glory (2007) - Wow, this movie didn't suck as much as Talladega Nights! I expected this to be the worst of all of Ferrell's sports movies, but a nice supporting cast (Arnette, Poehler, Fischer) helped this out a lot and there were some funny scenes. Also, Jon Heder is great in these types of roles where he is the awkward guy with the funny faces. Cracked me up at times. I'd give it a solid 7/10

Last edited by korme : 03-25-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #1579
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Blades of Glory (2007) - Wow, this movie didn't suck as much as Talladega Nights! I expected this to be the worst of all of Ferrell's sports movies, but a nice supporting cast (Arnette, Poehler, Fischer) helped this out a lot and there were some funny scenes. Also, Jon Heder is great in these types of roles where he is the awkward guy with the funny faces. Cracked me up at times. I'd give it a solid 7/10

Yeah, I agree. Caught this on an a long international flight, and it was much funnier than I expected. 7/10 is about right.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #1580
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree with this view 100%. I liked it okay in the theater, but nothing special. But I feel it has aged well in the times I have seen it on TV. There are still parts I can skip through, but it is a much "tighter" picture than I had originally given it credit for (my first viewing, I would have described it as meandering).

Although I by and large enjoy Cameron Diaz in most of her roles, this is one where I feel you could lift her out of the movie entirely and not only will it be shorter, it would be better. As long as you concentrate on the Leo vs DDL scenes and skip past most of the Diaz parts, you're good.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:08 AM   #1581
Johnny93g
College Starter

Gangs of NY is in my top 10 of all time. I think i saw it 3 times in theatres, and many times in the past few years. This is the flick where i discovered DDL for all his greatness. I think Leo also became a true, serious actor with this role. Just an amazing movie. 10/10
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #1582
Johnny93g
College Starter

I saw 2 movies last week.

Drillbit Taylor 3/10

This is the superbad kids entering highschool. Only it wasnt as funny. Owen Wilson plays, well, Owen Wilson, which i usually enjoy. He wasnt funny this time. The plot, while i expected to be dumb, was even worse then i could imagine. Nothing in this movie worked.

The Bank Job 5/10

I liked it, i didn't love it. I don't think there is anything that stands out as great. The acting, the story, the action, the twists, they were all solid, they were ok. I probably will forget it exsists in a few years.
TML
Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #1583
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Although I by and large enjoy Cameron Diaz in most of her roles, this is one where I feel you could lift her out of the movie entirely and not only will it be shorter, it would be better.

It's actually been quite awhile since I've watched Gangs of New York. I can't remember what role she played, nor can I remember what scenes she was in...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #1584
korme
Go Reds

Pickpocketing Whore

Last edited by korme : 03-26-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #1585
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I saw a couple of movies last week:

Wolf Creek - This is a horror movie set in the Australian outback that was supposively based on "true events." It's very much like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" or "The Hills Have Eyes" in that involves a bunch of urban young folks wandering into the "badlands" and then being tortured and killed by the natives. I don't know. Maybe I'm getting old, but this film just didn't do it for me. It seemed completely mindless. It did turn at least one of the old horror conventions on its head, which I appreciate, and the killer dude was pretty creepy, but I still didn't think much of it. 4/10.

3:10 To Yuma. I saw this on DVD that same night. This was a Western's Western. Just a good, old fashion tale with guys on horseback, Indians, gun fights, robberies, the whole nine yards. As expected, Christian Bale and Russel Crowe were both fantastic. Very cool characters. Ben Foster was also great as Charlie Prince, Crowe's intense, psychotic #2. If you like Westerns, it's hard not to like this movie. 8/10.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #1586
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

August Rush
The musical scenes / score are terrific. The rest of the movie...not so much. Way too over the top with sap, with gigantic, huge, gaping plot holes (and I usually am pretty good at suspending disbelief in flicks). Regardless, I loved the actual musical portions of the movie. 6/10.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #1587
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Pickpocketing Whore with a heart of gold

Fixed.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #1588
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Although I by and large enjoy Cameron Diaz in most of her roles, this is one where I feel you could lift her out of the movie entirely and not only will it be shorter, it would be better. As long as you concentrate on the Leo vs DDL scenes and skip past most of the Diaz parts, you're good.

Yup, she's the reason why it's about a 7 without DDL. Everyone else pretty much nails it as well, Leo in particular, but Diaz just doesn't blend in with the rest of the cast. Easy to forgive given the rest of the performances, because it's not like she's noticebly horrible or anything, she's just not up to par with most of the others.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #1589
Lorena
Unregistered

Psycho - 9/10

This movie definitely lived up to the hype. I loved the pacing, and the anticipation of something happening.. I was on edge for most of the movie. Anthony Perkins did such a good job playing the creepy character... I felt his anguish and psychotic nature. A lot of the scenes are left to our imagination (the shower scene, the part where Norman Bates wraps the body) which is better than watching a complete gorefest.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #1590
Johnny93g
College Starter

In Fuckin Bruges 8.5/10

Best movie of 2008 so far. As entertaining as it gets. The story is about 2 hitmen, trying to lay low in Bruges, Belgium. The dialouge, the music, the minor characters, everything about this movie was well down. A must buy DVD for me. I recommend this one to every regular in this thread.
TML
Old 03-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #1591
Flasch186
Coordinator

Captivity (2/10)

utter crap.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #1592
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

21- 8/10 Good movie overall. Was true to the original story but took some creative license to make it interesting with some good unexpected twists thrown in. A good way to kill 2 hours.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #1593
bignej
High School JV

Enchanted- 8/10

I was really suprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. Amy Adams was perfect in this movie. A fun and memorable experience.

Be Kind Rewind - 6/10

There were a few funny parts when they recreate the movies but pretty dull otherwise. Glad I watched it, but probably won't watch it again.

10,000 B.C. - 1/10

My 17yr old brother wanted to see this and he was the only reason I didn't walk out. This is the first movie that I've ever watched with huge WTF eyes from start to finish. How this movie got the budget it did is beyond me. It was a caveman movie where they had great teeth and neetly trimmed beards. They filled the 500 ploty holes with "prophecies". Everyone that left the theater had a look of "I cant believe I just spent $ on this sh*t".
Old 03-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #1594
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am curious what other people think of 10,000 BC
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #1595
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
In Fuckin Bruges 8.5/10

Best movie of 2008 so far. As entertaining as it gets. The story is about 2 hitmen, trying to lay low in Bruges, Belgium. The dialouge, the music, the minor characters, everything about this movie was well down. A must buy DVD for me. I recommend this one to every regular in this thread.

I saw the preview for this months ago. It looked hilarious. But it hasn't played much around here and when it was, there were some other movies out I wanted to say. I may have to take a look around and see if it's still playing anywhere.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #1596
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I always read this thread and mean to post...but never do, so I'ma bust out a quick summary of my recently viewed Netflix queue.

The Burden of Dreams - Documentary about the making of Warner Herzog's Fitzcarraldo. Watching Herzog stumble around under the burden of his own earnestness and varying degrees genius/insanity is GOOD clean fun - 9/10

The Really Long Title About Jesse James and Ben Afflecks Brother
- Meh. Just too long and its powerful cast and high production values combined to produce something completely forgettable - 5/10

3:10 to Yuma - You know what, this was a pretty good movie betrayed by a horribly unbelievable ending. I don't think I'm spoiling anything to say that Christian Bale's character has an 1800s-era wooden leg..and he spends the last ten minutes running around like he's fucking Jet Li. - 6/10

I am Legend - Another flick that I really liked until the final act. In this case the last 1/3 really wasn't all that awful at all, but it just lacked the isolation and tension that made the first part so good, and made the ending feel kind of a let-down. Also, the CGI at the end kinda sucked. - 7/10

There Will Be Blood - Not much else to say that hasn't been said everywhere else. I enjoyed it, and seem to be in the minority that I didn't mind the ending. On the other hand I personally wouldn't call it any kind of masterpiece. - 8/10

Blade Runner (SOOPER DOOPER SECRET CUT) - This is one of my very favorite movies, and as such I've seen every 'cut' released until now, and as a result of THAT I really couldn't tell the difference between this and the last 'secret' cut. It did look much nicer, so that's worth something. - 10/10 (2/10 on the 'new'ness factor)

Le Samourai - Classic New-Wave French gangster flick from Melville. Truly AWESOME style, with bold colors, cool cats and jazzy parisian nightclubs that are more than enough to make you overlook the paper-thin characters and extremely simple plot. - 8/10

M - 30s German crime flick starring Peter Lorre as a serial-killer paedophile. Holds up surprisingly well for being...well...a German crime flick from the 1930s. Lorre is delightfully creepy, as always. - 7/10

Rescue Dawn - Herzog 'fictionalization' of his documentary 'Litte Dieter Needs to Fly'. I love Herzog, and Christian Bale, but unfortunately this one just didn't live up to my expectations. 'Dieter' is a FAR more entertaining, and superior film. - 6/10

Little Dieter Needs to Fly - Aww hell, might as well throw this one in. Great Herzog doc in his typical invasive and immersive style (Grizzly Man), detailing a pilot in the Vietnam war who gets shot down over Laos, imprisoned, and escapes in the course of one incredible adventure. - 9/10

No Country for Old Men - Pretty much exactly what I expected from everyone involved, in the best of ways, but on the other hand there was nothing particularly earth shattering about any part of the production. - 8/10

Point Blank - Lee Marvin stars in this 60s noir-style revenge flick. Ya also get some Carrol O'Conner and Angie Dickinson. Pretty entertaining, if entirely shallow. - 7/10

The Lookout - That kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun is slightly retarded and is going to rob a bank and then Meathead the alien returns to his home planet. This didn't really hold my attention, and I ended up switching over to 'Meatballs 2' in the middle. - 5/10

This is England - Winner of this year's BAFTA for best picture. Director Shane Meadows' ('Dead Man's Shoes') autobiographical tale of his youth in a group of 80s british skinheads who start as simple working class skins, but take on a more violent flavor upon a friend's return from prison. GREAT soundtrack. - 9/10

Equilibrium - Had heard a LOT of good things about this precursor to the 'Matrix' that drew raves from some friends and critics whose opinions I respect. I thought it SUCKED ASS. 4/10

Ley Lines
- One of Takashi Miike's eighty billion Yakuza movies about violent Chinese immigrants working their way through the bottomest rungs of the Japanese underworld. Nothing really special, and Miike has done much better, but not horrible (and Miike's certainly done much worse). - 6/10

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-29-2008 at 11:49 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:39 AM   #1597
Lorena
Unregistered

Good Will Hunting - 9.5/10

Matt Damon was so, so good and there was a point in the movie where I actually teared up he was so believable. Minnie Driver and Robin Williams were also very, very good. It was a 2 hour film but the great dialogue made it go by quickly.

Last edited by Lorena : 03-31-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #1598
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Equilibrium - Had heard a LOT of good things about this precursor to the 'Matrix' that drew raves from some friends and critics whose opinions I respect. I thought it SUCKED ASS. 4/10

What didn't you like about it? I thought it was great.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 AM   #1599
Flasch186
Coordinator

Awake 6/10

Ok, I get it. there is a phenomenon where when youre under anesthesia you may still be conscious, be able to hear and feel pain but be unable to move. Well this murder mystery is so contrived with ghosts, souls, family drama, that I just couldnt help but scoff. Not worth the trouble if you have so many other choices from film.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-31-2008, 02:21 PM   #1600
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Good Will Hunting - 9.5/10

Matt Damon was so, so good and there was a point in the movie where I actually teared up he was so believable. Minnie Driver and Robin Williams were also very, very good. It was a 2 hour film but the great dialogue made it go by quickly.

I love that movie. I think everybody was cast perfectly. Very believable performances all the way around. Robin Williams was outstanding. I really don't know how anybody can't like that movie.