Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #1551
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE TYRITH

At this point, it isn't necessarily because I think he is bad - I'm a little surprised he is alive if he isn't but I concede that Fozzie could have used the "limited masons" role instead of "brothers" role, as suggested by Barkeep.

But given how random the vote appears to be at this point, I don't want to get stuck with a vote on a person who is going to really damage our cause if he is telling the truth with his reveal.

- if he is lying, then there is a pretty good chance he is human
- if he is telling the truth, then we aren't taking a chance of losing the pack leader, seer, or some other critical role based on this vote

I'm willing to move the vote somewhere else later in the day, if there is compelling evidence that someone is clearly bad and that we have reason to believe we understand the voting rules.

Normally, I'm in complete agreement with Barkeep's assertions of "vote who you think is guilty", with a small dose of risk management factored into the decision. But in this particular case I'm ignoring it.

Note - vote listed again at the bottom of the post to make it easier for counting them later in the day.

VOTE TYRITH
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #1552
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
It might be first vote still standing too though? Ie: first vote could be considered either Sack or Schmidty, and first voter could be: Barkeep or Coffee?

Or am i reading too much into this?

It's possible, I guess. I would take it as first vote, whether the vote was later unvoted or not.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #1553
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also, one of the conditions listed was player with the least votes. How in the world would that be computed in the case of 3-4 people with 0 votes? Maybe it considers votes during the entire course of the game from day 1 till now? Even then you could still end up with ties.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #1554
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

without confirming or denying it, in such a hypothetical situation it would be the first/last voted entered.. It doesn't have to be a vote that still counts, as long as it was valid when entered.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #1555
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, one of the conditions listed was player with the least votes. How in the world would that be computed in the case of 3-4 people with 0 votes? Maybe it considers votes during the entire course of the game from day 1 till now? Even then you could still end up with ties.

Multiple person ties will be resolved by the rules, if no other functions come in (Roles or Boss Breaks Tie), it will be random
Old 06-06-2006, 12:57 PM   #1556
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

My interpretation is that if it is least vote, we currently have three players tied with 1. Otherwise it doesn't make sense, I agree.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #1557
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
My interpretation is that if it is least vote, we currently have three players tied with 1. Otherwise it doesn't make sense, I agree.
OK, this is an odd strategy but I am wondering if St. Cronin voted for me sp I wouldn't be involved with the least votes, which would be zero. If that is the case it didn't work because I am now tied at one, but if he unvotes me I go back into a tie with zero, so for now

VOTE LATHUM

that should give me 2 votes, enough to not get lynched but also not tying me with anyone. If someone finds a way to make sure I am involved in a tie then we should strongly lookat that person.

I am leaving for work now but will be home before the deadline.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #1558
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, this is an odd strategy but I am wondering if St. Cronin voted for me sp I wouldn't be involved with the least votes, which would be zero. If that is the case it didn't work because I am now tied at one, but if he unvotes me I go back into a tie with zero, so for now

VOTE LATHUM

that should give me 2 votes, enough to not get lynched but also not tying me with anyone. If someone finds a way to make sure I am involved in a tie then we should strongly lookat that person.

I am leaving for work now but will be home before the deadline.

I guess my understanding was least votes would also consider those with 0 votes too? not just least of the people with votes? Maybe I'm wrong here.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #1559
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I guess my understanding was least votes would also consider those with 0 votes too? not just least of the people with votes? Maybe I'm wrong here.

I don't think that 0 counts.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #1560
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think that 0 counts.

Ok lets see. so far I've guessed wrong about the possibility of real voting rules happening today, wrong about what it means by the first vote, by the first votee. Been wrong about what it meant by least number of votes...

I'm not off to a good start today. If I was in Mass this week, I would drive to EMC and beat Fozzie up.

Ok here is one I'm pretty safe on.. So last person who is voted has a 1/6 chance of being lynched. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong there too, I dare you!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #1561
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Ok lets see. so far I've guessed wrong about the possibility of real voting rules happening today, wrong about what it means by the first vote, by the first votee. Been wrong about what it meant by least number of votes...

I'm not off to a good start today. If I was in Mass this week, I would drive to EMC and beat Fozzie up.

Ok here is one I'm pretty safe on.. So last person who is voted has a 1/6 chance of being lynched. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong there too, I dare you!

For all I know you're right about everything. My role says that when the rules change, I will know, but only 1 hour before the voting closes. The only indication I have gotten that this is imminent is the description of Anxiety's death.

What I am sure about is: Lathum and hoops are good guys. Coffee, Barkeep, and Sack are not the wizard. Anybody else seems like a decent lynch vote today.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #1562
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i thought about this several days ago, which is why i was adamant about leaving my vote on hoops on day 4 (later switched to anxiety)...i thought maybe the only way to kill the wizard was with an accumulation of votes of the course of the game.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #1563
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, Barkeep, and Sack = not henchmen, could be the wizard. Correct?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #1564
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Coffee, Barkeep, and Sack = not henchmen, could be the wizard. Correct?

Correct. I'm actually almost halfway convinced that the wizard is Coffee.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #1565
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i thought about this several days ago, which is why i was adamant about leaving my vote on hoops on day 4 (later switched to anxiety)...i thought maybe the only way to kill the wizard was with an accumulation of votes of the course of the game.

Wow. THAT would be interesting.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #1566
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Currently this is what i see as the running totals (obviously changes as more votes come in:

First vote - Sack
First player voted - Barkeep
Last vote - Lathum
Last player voted - Lathum
Lowest votes - Coffee (1)
Highest votes - Schmidty (3)

Schmidty - 3
Lathum - 2
Tyrith - 2
Coffee - 1

Not voted: Schmidty , Tyrith.

One thought though.. if we find out in the last hour what the day lynch method is going to be, this could end up being like Ebay couldnt it, as a race to get your lynch in last?
Old 06-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #1567
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok. I'm catching up and notice that I have a bunch of votes on me. I'm not going to have much time at all to spend on the board, so I guess I'm basically dead. Good job humans, you mind-fucked everyone into killing another wolf.

Bleh, whatever.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #1568
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Read Schmidty, it may not be as bad as you think.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #1569
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, seems like it's pretty tight at the moment, Schmidty.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #1570
Schmidty
Coordinator

I guess my point also is that I don't even know how to defend myself. I've played my normal game and haven't done anything more odd than just about everyone here vote-wise.

All I really can do to save myself, is point the finger solidly at someone else. The only problem is that I don't know who to accuse, since I don't have a strong feeling about anyone.

If anyone cares whether I live or die, ask me questions regarding any suspicions that you have of me, and I'll answer them. Otherwise, I'll die quietly and the humans will be one step closer to victory.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #1571
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Yeah, seems like it's pretty tight at the moment, Schmidty.

Only Tyrith and I haven't voted, and I have 3 votes and he has 2; therefore, the outcome is obvious.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #1572
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Ok. I'm catching up and notice that I have a bunch of votes on me. I'm not going to have much time at all to spend on the board, so I guess I'm basically dead. Good job humans, you mind-fucked everyone into killing another wolf.

Bleh, whatever.

That is somewhat of a blowup for someone who with their vote could tie it up. Plus, with the rules as we know it for today, its evidentally not even gurantueed that even matters. Looking at all of the various possible lynch methods today, your chance of being lynched right now is less than 20% it seems. And you can even change that with your own vote (one of 2 that hasnt voted).
Old 06-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #1573
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Schmidty, I think the best thing for you right now would be to read at least today's conversations. Its pretty much believed that today's vote is different than others. I stand by my thinking that you currently have less than a 20% chance of being lynched if nothing changes.

That said though, I currently don't have my vote on you, but you are one of my top two suspects. I could always move my vote to you if I felt, but I honestly don't even know what that would get me to be honest even if I suddenly changed my mind and felt you a better candidate for lynch.

I think the biggest thing I have been saying to you the past few days is I need something from you to show me you are part of our side. Any reference to you as a suspect is usually greeted with a response of "well prove I am bad" Which you know as well as I do that isn't how things work in WW. By this point of the game, there are very few people who don't have at least someone vouching for them or shown some signs of good faith. Its going to be natural for people to start looking at you since we honestly don't really know much anything good or bad about you. But you are a better lynch pick for us than someone who we are fairly confident is good now.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #1574
Schmidty
Coordinator

I didn't notice that the rules basically changed, since I haven't had much time to read the thread........and the fact that I am pretty damned lazy right now.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #1575
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't notice that the rules basically changed, since I haven't had much time to read the thread........and the fact that I am pretty damned lazy right now.

Give us some reasons someone else is better, give us your role (which honestly, at this point, I don't see a WHOLE lot of reason to keep it secret), give us a general gut feeling you have about someone(s).

Give us SOMETHING.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #1576
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Give us some reasons someone else is better, give us your role (which honestly, at this point, I don't see a WHOLE lot of reason to keep it secret), give us a general gut feeling you have about someone(s).

Give us SOMETHING.

Fine. At this point, it doesn't matter.

I am the Pack Beta.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #1577
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well to help get you going some Schmidty, my vote isnt currently on you but it could have probably been just as easily as my current target.

Some things that others have said that we don't know about you at all..

What role do you have?
Who do you think might be bad guys here?
Who are you pretty sure might be good guys on our side?

Right now I have very little to go on about you, I don't know what you do, who you trust, who you don't trust.. All I know of you is that you have voted late in almost every day, and pretty much most of your votes all have not really played any impact in any day so far (ie: just slipping through)

I'm looking for both reasons to lynch people and not lynch people right now. Unfortunatly, I just don't have many reasons to not target you, where I do have at least some for other people.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #1578
Tyrith
College Starter

All I have to say is this. Blade's death description made it very clear that one of the living players had a strong relationship with him. I revealed that it was me several days ago, and it has not be contradicted at all since then. I was part of the early dogpile on anxiety. Take it for what it is.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #1579
Tyrith
College Starter

Oh, and I completely agree with cronin about lathum, it confirms what I've been thinking for a while.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #1580
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Oh, and I completely agree with cronin about lathum, it confirms what I've been thinking for a while.

Can you explain?

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #1581
Tyrith
College Starter

For the last game day or two I've been fairly certain lathum was our best buddy, but didn't want to be the one to blow the load because of the risks involved. It just fits in with everything he's said and everything that has happened.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #1582
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm out until after lynch
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #1583
Tyrith
College Starter

Unless circumstances change, I don't plan on voting until after the magic one hour line, in case any new information comes out. My primary suspect right now is Coffee, because he hasn't been able to give any specifics at all about his role. Schmidty is my secondary suspect, for lack of reason to trust him.

I'm somewhat surprised nothing happened, however, seeing as my power with blade was really kinda crappy and random death is a stiff punishment in WW, plus my general lack of involvement with what happened with blade throughout the game, I can't say I'm too surprised.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #1584
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
For the last game day or two I've been fairly certain lathum was our best buddy, but didn't want to be the one to blow the load because of the risks involved. It just fits in with everything he's said and everything that has happened.

I have had it mind the last day or so that either him or you were bad. I'm convinced he's good; I'm still unsure about you.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #1585
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Cronin, I still don't understand your sudden change on Lathum from last night, unless either then or now was an act. You said you sniffed Sack, what changed your opinion of him in such a 180?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #1586
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I have had it mind the last day or so that either him or you were bad. I'm convinced he's good; I'm still unsure about you.

I'm trying to what I can now. I'm open to suggestions as to what you think I should do.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #1587
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I'm out until after lynch

You know, I read that as 'after lunch,' and then I remembered: we're wolves.

lunch, lynch, aren't they really interchangeable?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #1588
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, I still don't understand your sudden change on Lathum from last night, unless either then or now was an act. You said you sniffed Sack, what changed your opinion of him in such a 180?

Like I have said, its a game of chicken.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #1589
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, is the beta you being cute with the "alpha" role? Or is it an actual role? If so, can you give some information about what is involved with it - hopefully in a way that helps the wolves more than the wizards?

That would give us something to mull over between now and final hour.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #1590
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Schmidty, is the beta you being cute with the "alpha" role? Or is it an actual role? If so, can you give some information about what is involved with it - hopefully in a way that helps the wolves more than the wizards?

the fact that all he said was "im the beta wolf" and gave us nothing else did not help his case in my puny little mind.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #1591
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
the fact that all he said was "im the beta wolf" and gave us nothing else did not help his case in my puny little mind.

But at least he isn't the omega, surely he deserves credit for that.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #1592
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

No, it's not being "cute". Sheesh.

I am the Pack Beta, and I have no powers right now. I don't want to go further, because I don't want to be a target of the humans tonight (if I make it that far).
Old 06-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #1593
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

If it comes down to me either being lyched or telling my role, I'll do it. But I'd prefer not to, because I don't want to be targeted tonight.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #1594
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
No, it's not being "cute". Sheesh.

I am the Pack Beta, and I have no powers right now. I don't want to go further, because I don't want to be a target of the humans tonight (if I make it that far).

I really don't think anybody has to worry about that.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #1595
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I really don't think anybody has to worry about that.

Am I missing something in the rules, yet again? I still haven't gone through everything in the past few pages. Like I said earlier, I'm busy today. I'm not able to spend more than a few minutes at a time at my desk.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #1596
st.cronin
General Manager

No, all I mean is that it's pretty much a done deal that I will be target tonight.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #1597
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
No, all I mean is that it's pretty much a done deal that I will be target tonight.

Damnit, I am playing awful this game guys. I'm really sorry that I haven't helped much.

I'm admittedly the worst WW player, but I'm not usually this bad. I started out so suspicious of hoops and a few others (because of past games), that I've been afraid to trust anyone.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #1598
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Cronin, I'm just trying to tie up loose ends. Can you confirm Hoops's account of last night. Did you also receive information that he guarded you from the bad guys last night?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #1599
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, I'm just trying to tie up loose ends. Can you confirm Hoops's account of last night. Did you also receive information that he guarded you from the bad guys last night?

Yes, hoops succesfully protected me last night. There is no way that he is either the wizard, or on the wizard's side.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #1600
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, hoops succesfully protected me last night. There is no way that he is either the wizard, or on the wizard's side.

ok thanks, what I was looking for. Trying to come up with a trust list for myself, and wanted to make sure that it was confirmed.