Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #1551
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I trust Chief as much as you probably at this point. I think Passacaglia tried to kill him off and just fumbled the snap somehow that we won't know until after the game is over. Unless Chief is the convert, I don't think he is a wolf at all.

At this point I would have a hard time believing most of you started off as a wolf other than Render and Schmidty, and I have a hunch on who the convert was too, but not worried about him just yet.

And even though I don't think Jackal is a wolf, he really needs to show up and join in.. He posted in the other WW game signup thread but been absent here.

chief being a convert would be crafty though. After the failure to kill him they convert him because he's viewed as being above suspiscion.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #1552
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just wondering if I should pass chief a bit of cash to help him with the bidding.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #1553
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
well I know you trust you. I'm just wondering what the "case" is for trusting you I guess. Wondering if you could use some cash infusion...

Appreciate the offer, but we don't want to roll too much cash into this. I have a lot and can afford it. It should be enough to beat out the wolves' bid, and if they still beat it, well, that's going to hurt their bottomline big time.

And as I said up above, if they did outbid me, I say we immediately vote End Game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #1554
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
chief being a convert would be crafty though. After the failure to kill him they convert him because he's viewed as being above suspiscion.

Chief is right though, if he wins the underground connection and there is no night kill tonight, I pretty much write off the idea that he could be a convert either. I don't see a wolf strategy at this point spending 100k+ just to restrain from killing two people to gain trust.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #1555
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief is right though, if he wins the underground connection and there is no night kill tonight, I pretty much write off the idea that he could be a convert either. I don't see a wolf strategy at this point spending 100k+ just to restrain from killing two people to gain trust.

oh absolutely. No doubt.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #1556
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Appreciate the offer, but we don't want to roll too much cash into this. I have a lot and can afford it. It should be enough to beat out the wolves' bid, and if they still beat it, well, that's going to hurt their bottomline big time.

And as I said up above, if they did outbid me, I say we immediately vote End Game.

fair nuff. I don't have a ton, so it would hurt me.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #1557
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I forget if it was Alan or hoops, but someone earlier pointed out if we go after the convert, we would be opening Pandora's Box and everyone would be open for a run. It would have been an impossible play for the village with little chance of success. Going for the originals is the way to go. Once they're out of the way, we can then re-set the table and consider convert possibilities, or even better, just vote to end the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #1558
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the case has been made my others, and I've talked about it earlier. Looks like there won't be much more discussion on it, so

VOTE RENDER
Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #1559
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I forget if it was Alan or hoops, but someone earlier pointed out if we go after the convert, we would be opening Pandora's Box and everyone would be open for a run. It would have been an impossible play for the village with little chance of success. Going for the originals is the way to go. Once they're out of the way, we can then re-set the table and consider convert possibilities, or even better, just vote to end the game.

It was me, its actually my philosophy in almost every WW game, so nothing new for me here. The day I was under fire and it was me vs Pass at the start, one of the thoughts Hoops had was that I would come out the next day and accuse him of being the convert.. I explained that I think that is a lousy strategy in almost any WW game..

Right now we have a very tight noose around 2 people for the last of three original wolves. We figure out which one of the two it is, then we re-evaluate who the convert is out of the remaining pool.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #1560
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

my=by
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #1561
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola

my=by

No Dola for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #1562
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

worries me that Jackel has just totally gone AWOL. I haven't played any games with him, but from what I understand he's played the game before (albeit on other boards) so he ought to know that's not kosher. Not sure if that's his MO at all or anything, but I think at some point maybe we look towards him?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #1563
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Current vote tally:
Render – Schmidty (1507), SnDvls (1522), Chief Rum (1538), Alan T (1542), Daddy T (1558)
Schmidty – Render (1516), Chief Rum (1538)

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-12-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #1564
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Current vote tally:
Render – Schmidty (1507), SnDvls (1522), Chief Rum (1538), Alan T (1542), Daddy T (1558)
Schmidty – Render (1516)

I voted for Schmidty actually, although I don't mind the alternate choice too much. Comes down to gut.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #1565
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
worries me that Jackel has just totally gone AWOL. I haven't played any games with him, but from what I understand he's played the game before (albeit on other boards) so he ought to know that's not kosher. Not sure if that's his MO at all or anything, but I think at some point maybe we look towards him?

Are you assuming Jackal is the converted wolf? I don't see him as the convertee. So if you are assuming he is the other original wolf, then you should push us to end the game right now.. since we know how much money Jackal had the same night we knew how much money Claphasma had, as well as the conversion happened and Passacaglia was gone..

If The Jackal is the third original wolf, then they don't even as a team have as much money as several villagers independantly do.

Since Claphasma put the Jackal in harm's way earlier in the game where he could have been easily lynched, plus the money issue I just can't fathom The Jackal as a wolf.. I just think he's a disinterested villager.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:04 PM   #1566
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I voted for Schmidty actually, although I don't mind the alternate choice too much. Comes down to gut.
Thanks. I fixed the vote count.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #1567
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you assuming Jackal is the converted wolf? I don't see him as the convertee. So if you are assuming he is the other original wolf, then you should push us to end the game right now.. since we know how much money Jackal had the same night we knew how much money Claphasma had, as well as the conversion happened and Passacaglia was gone..

If The Jackal is the third original wolf, then they don't even as a team have as much money as several villagers independantly do.

Since Claphasma put the Jackal in harm's way earlier in the game where he could have been easily lynched, plus the money issue I just can't fathom The Jackal as a wolf.. I just think he's a disinterested villager.

I dunno what I was assuming. I'm watching "Last Restaurant Standing" on BBC America and I'm distracted.

I didn't realize Clap put Jackel in harm's way earlier in the game. Makes sense.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #1568
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I really don't put the Schmidty lone ranger act as something a wolf would do (and admit to).

VOTE RendeR

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #1569
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
And just to respond to this as well, I have been trying VERY hard to turn over a new leaf so to speak with my game play. I used to get all fired up and belligerant and all it did was ruin the game for others. So the last few games I've tried really hard to not let things get under my skin and to just play a quieter calmer game. So please don't judge my play against how I USED to play as I am intentionally trying to not be THAT guy.

not doing that either as each game is a new game for me each time. I really try to not let other/past games play into each one.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #1570
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

7 mins to deadline. Thread is empty except for me and Barkeep
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #1571
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

6 minutes - AlanT has joined us in-thread
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #1572
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm keeping any eye out for any late shenanigans.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #1573
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have to drive home from my job which I leave at about 10. I get home about 10:10. Expect results around 10:20, perhaps sooner since there are so few players left and I've already counted most votes.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #1574
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

4 mins - Mr. W has joined AlanT and myself

apparently it doesn't look like there will be hijinks, which makes me guess we may have chosen wrong.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #1575
SnDvls
Pro Starter

there weren't any last night either
Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #1576
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

SnDvls, AlanT & myself in-thread at deadline
Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #1577
hoopsguy
General Manager

Me too, DT!!! And don't forget finkenst!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #1578
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

DEADLINE
Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #1579
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Deadline?

For that matter, is the deadline when it ticks over to 10 pm, or when it ticks over to 10:01 pm?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #1580
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Deadline?

For that matter, is the deadline when it ticks over to 10 pm, or when it ticks over to 10:01 pm?

according to BK it's 10 PM as I had modified a bid last night at 10:01 and was told it was too late
Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #1581
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Deadline?

I guess its up to the gM each game.. but generally votes still count while it says :00, and once it hits :01 its too late.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #1582
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OK, definitely past deadline now. I need to run out and shovel my driveway, I'll check back in later.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #1583
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

damnit! Ihate 10 PM deadlines 9 its easy to be around, 11 is to late to bother with. 10 is just taunting....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #1584
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The tide turns quickly and decisively against Render. But the phone calls you make to try and bankrupt him go nowhere. It seems as though he has a friend in the government. So today you bankrupt nobody.

But somebody sure was bidding on the services:
Underworld Connection: 140,000
Private Investigator: 70700
Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #1585
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well good grief... Guess we found who the money wolf is... Also see that he completely lied to us today. Looks like tommorrow will be a pretty obvious vote...

I am also guessing that the converted wolf probably voted for Render knowing it wouldn't do any good.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #1586
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

need to know if Chief won the Underworld Connection...

obviously RendeR is the consensus vote tomorrow
Old 02-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #1587
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you have some CDs mature yesterday?

no.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #1588
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL
Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #1589
RendeR
Coordinator

I am NOT a cutthroat, nor have I been converted. I did lie about not winning any services to simply allow the vote to go through. Problem is, they KNOW I'm not a cutthroat and I'll probably be killed tonight for it.

I've given orders to give my money to a number of players so as not to make a target out of any one person.

You voted.....Pooorly.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #1590
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

interesting
Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #1591
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I am NOT a cutthroat, nor have I been converted. I did lie about not winning any services to simply allow the vote to go through. Problem is, they KNOW I'm not a cutthroat and I'll probably be killed tonight for it.

I've given orders to give my money to a number of players so as not to make a target out of any one person.

You voted.....Pooorly.

well you've just been caught in a lie

you can change you heir to 1 person not "a number of players" and if you choose to pass money you must do it in the day and in thread...I know where my vote will be going tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #1592
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

good point SunnyD. I think at this point even if RendeR wasn't a cutthroat he's doomed tomorrow because he was protected from bankruptcy, we won't have closure on who or what he is until he's bankrupt.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #1593
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL not to mention that he can't be night-killed since he used that service, right? or am I getting my services crossed?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #1594
RendeR
Coordinator

I had a good chucnk of cash in CDs for a couple days. I've given orders for that to be liquidated and distributed along with the 50k I have on hand after today's vote.

I paid 30K for the insider

I missed 2 votes and paid 10k to move my beneficiary to hoops, who then got hacked anyway I have not replaced my beneficiary.

I put my money into cd's then and now that the vote turned to me *I'm still trying to figure out WHY, but the people who started the vote on me probably ought to be your cutthroats.* I kept my mouth shut and let it go knowing I would surivive and have put in orders to move my cash out so when they do kill me they get nothing.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #1595
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
well you've just been caught in a lie

you can change you heir to 1 person not "a number of players" and if you choose to pass money you must do it in the day and in thread...I know where my vote will be going tomorrow.

Oh, shit I didn't realize that =(

fuck. well they're gonna get some cash then.

sorry guys.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #1596
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

only 30k on the outsider? I find that very hard to believe too.

you're still going to die RendeR.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #1597
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

and let me clarify - by "you're still going to die" I mean "we are going to have to lynch you during the day tomorrow"
Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #1598
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Render... the only question I can think to ask at this point is really one more of morbid curiosity than anything else... You don't have to answer this until you give up the hope of trying to get out of the lynch tommorrow obviously....

I bid 30k on the govt insider the same day you won it with 30k.. What was the tiebreaker? In case of ties, do wolves just win the tie is all so you got it instead of me?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #1599
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

What bad form not to even put in an appearance. This is a crisis and Swaggs couldn't even be bothered to give a how do you do. Yes the strings that were pulled to make sure his largest customer switched business was well worth it. The man is destitute now. Bankrupt. Sure he wasn't a Cutthroat, but he didn't really seem like one of you either.

In other news you hear that the following services were won:
Private Investigator - $7500
Friend of the Bank - $7
Government Insider - $30000

You hear about this and feel for that poor bodyguard. He didn't get one cent richer today. That seems almost as tragic as the now certain death to come tonight.

Final Vote Count:
Lathum – hoops (110)
Swaggs – Alan (149), Lathum (155), Pass (156), Render (157), Mr. W (168), The Jackal (192), saldana (198), path (215), Schmidty (229), Tyrith (231)
Sndvls – mauboy(151)
Mau – Sndvls (190)
Hoops – Chief Rum (201)
Jackal – claphams (205)

You want to argue with the facts, Fine, fuck you =) I bought the insider or 30,000. Get over it =)
Old 02-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #1600
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Render... the only question I can think to ask at this point is really one more of morbid curiosity than anything else... You don't have to answer this until you give up the hope of trying to get out of the lynch tommorrow obviously....

I bid 30k on the govt insider the same day you won it with 30k.. What was the tiebreaker? In case of ties, do wolves just win the tie is all so you got it instead of me?

I'm assuming i got the bid in first, I got no indication of anything peculiar. just that I won it, i then clarified with BK via PM that it was an auto-item i didn't have to 'use' it.

So now its pretty much a given that I'll be killed tonight, as the cutthroats know I'll ditch my wealth tomorrow. if you can use that do so.