Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #1551
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

GD, thought it was a CST deadline. Crap in a lot of ways.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #1552
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just to make it official: deadline (technically 5 mins ago)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #1553
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
One last thinhg, Lathum seemed to want to lynch me in the Dem thread (how I read it) but votes differently here. Just an FYI.

ummm, what?

I never once said in the Dem thread I wanted to lynch you.

Can a fellow dem confirm this please
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #1554
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ummm, what?

Correct, today Lathum was pushing us in a direction away from EagleFan and would only vote for him if absolutely necessary which it wasn't.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #1555
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Correct, today Lathum was pushing us in a direction away from EagleFan and would only vote for him if absolutely necessary which it wasn't.

How could it have ever been 'absolutely necessary' to vote for him? Gun to the head?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #1556
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm slightly thrown by the above discussion, particularly since I was willing to give EF the benefit of the doubt. So he lied and is a wolf or he's good and telling the truth or most confusing of all, he is lying and good?! Not to doubt Henry or Lathum, but anyone else verify one side of this story or another?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #1557
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I apologize for not getting a bill out today. I was in and out during week, and barely around in the afternoon, and not many others were around to help out. I will think up something stellar (hopefully) over the weekend for Monday.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #1558
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I apologize for not getting a bill out today. I was in and out during week, and barely around in the afternoon, and not many others were around to help out. I will think up something stellar (hopefully) over the weekend for Monday.

You won't be Speaker by then, so it'll have to be for your own party.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #1559
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm slightly thrown by the above discussion, particularly since I was willing to give EF the benefit of the doubt. So he lied and is a wolf or he's good and telling the truth or most confusing of all, he is lying and good?! Not to doubt Henry or Lathum, but anyone else verify one side of this story or another?

Just accidentally clicked into the GOP thread when I went to go to the Dem thread to try to help on this. Closed the tab before scrolling down any.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #1560
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

P.Brad, in reviewing this afternoon's discussion, I'd say that this (in reply to EagleFan):
Quote:
ummm, what?

is a little more accurate than this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

Lathum was indeed pushing us in a different direction (which I'll leave to him to say if he so chooses), but never said he'd come back around and vote EF if needed (or 'absolutely necessary').

For whatever all that's worth.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #1561
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I don't want to say anything more here as I am out of the game but I will explain my position after the game.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:55 PM   #1562
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thx Mccollins for verifying, I'll be curious to see EF's explanation later. Although I'm thinking tomorrow's vote could shed some more light on it.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #1563
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You won't be Speaker by then, so it'll have to be for your own party.

...are you trying to say I am going to be NK'd?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #1564
Tyrith
College Starter

No, we have to elect another speaker Day 5, remember? Elections tonight.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #1565
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

...huh? We don't do votes during the night, and the Speaker is chosen by us...and why would we need to elect a new on one day 5 anyone?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #1566
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Today's voting results:

Rep. PackerFanatic (D) has been selected the new Speaker of the House. His term begins now, and will last until the end of the term at the end of the Day Four day cycle.

Okay nevermind, I didn't realize I was in it for just one day. We don't actually vote during the night, we would vote for a new speaker during day 5 (meaning we will only have 2 bills on Monday)

I guess it makes sense, since I was just essentially filling Chubby's role until the end of the term.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #1567
Tyrith
College Starter

Tonight in the sense that sometime between now and Monday our congressional elections are going to get posted :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:49 AM   #1568
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

eh, not much new. good to see we're not playing over the weekend (I couldn't remember what the schedule was) in case I do go to Harborfest tonight.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #1569
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Day Four Vote Tally

Bolded voters have two districts and two votes

WOLF VOTE

EagleFan-D (12)-- KWhit-D (1449), PackerFanatic-D (1454), Render-R (1461), illinifan999-R (1462), chesapeake-D (1465), jeheinz-R (1467), mccollins-D (1492), Passacaglia-R (1493), henry296-D (1498), Chubby-D (1499), path12-D (1512), Tyrith-R (1517)

jeheinz72-R (2)-- Lathum-D (1524), EagleFan-D (1533)

Did Not Vote/Abstain-- PurdueBrad-R

CONGRESSIONAL ELECTORAL OVERSIGHT BILL(TAKEN OUT BY AMENDMENT)

Pass (5)-- Kwhit-D (1479), chesapeake-D (1480), jeheinz72-R (1485), mccollins-D (1492), Passacaglia-R (1493)

CONGRESSIONAL ELECTORAL OVERSIGHT BILL (AMENDED, 1st)

Pass (14)-- chesapeake-D (1506), Tyrith-R (1509), path12-D (1511), illinifan999-R (1513), PurdueBrad-R (1514), Passacaglia-R (1521), PackerFanatic-D (1522), KWhit-D (1528), EagleFan-D (1533), mccollins-D (1537)

Fail (0)-- None

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-26-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #1570
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I had a long thing typed up, and then a stupid mouse click and it was gone. WTH? This deadline has gone to hell in a handbasket.

So I'll make it short.

EAGLEFAN WAS JUST A REGULAR DEMOCRAT!

His seat, the 13th District, is now under the control of path12.

The Congressional Oversight Bill, Amended, has been passed with ease, and is now sitting on the desk of the President for his signature.

Not surprisingly, there is a brutal wolf clause attached to it.

Midterm elections coming up next.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:33 AM   #1571
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

MIDTERM ELECTIONS

Elections should have drama. Not so much this time. The ones in the most danger used their abilities to save themselves and ensure re-election.

So everyone who was in Congress and still alive has retained their seats, although very few by landslide victories.

Chubby (11th), Lathum (17th) and henry296 (10th) were all re-elected, although it is suspected that all three may have had "help" in achieving those results. The results for Lathum in particular were surprising, because it was clear he was the target of a very strong partisan effort to keep him out of Congress.

Although the removal of EagleFan hurts, and elections are looking tighter now all around, it is clear the Democrats have begun to return to power.

NIGHT FOUR HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN. THE DEADLINE IS 7 A.M. EST/4 A.M. PDT MONDAY.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #1572
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Okay nevermind, I didn't realize I was in it for just one day. We don't actually vote during the night, we would vote for a new speaker during day 5 (meaning we will only have 2 bills on Monday)

I guess it makes sense, since I was just essentially filling Chubby's role until the end of the term.

Actually, when the Speaker survives elections, he will continue in that role until a new one is selected (or he is re-selected).

Since you have been re-elected, you will serve as Speaker while a new one is chosen on Monday, and you will have all the rights of that role while that happens, including the ability to submit a bill.

This would have been clearer sooner, I suppose, but the last Speaker, Chubby, did not win his election the first time.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:53 AM   #1573
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
P.Brad, in reviewing this afternoon's discussion, I'd say that this (in reply to EagleFan):

is a little more accurate than this:

Lathum was indeed pushing us in a different direction (which I'll leave to him to say if he so chooses), but never said he'd come back around and vote EF if needed (or 'absolutely necessary').

For whatever all that's worth.

Just to clarify, Lathum's comments in the dem thread weren't as strong in terms of voting for EagleFan, but there was a I will vote for him if statement, but not nearly what EagleFan says. I think those comments help add Lathum to my circle of trust.

As for the next wolf, it probably is a democrat that voted for Tyrith the night we voted for Mrs. S
Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #1574
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Actually, when the Speaker survives elections, he will continue in that role until a new one is selected (or he is re-selected).

Since you have been re-elected, you will serve as Speaker while a new one is chosen on Monday, and you will have all the rights of that role while that happens, including the ability to submit a bill.

This would have been clearer sooner, I suppose, but the last Speaker, Chubby, did not win his election the first time.

That is what I thought was the case. Thanks for clearing that up
Old 07-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #1575
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is a big F U to the republicans that tried to hold me down

( i mean that in total jest)
Old 07-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #1576
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so why me?

why do the republicans have a hard on for me?

I suggest the republicans look hard in their thread on who is pushing to vote me and attempt to get me out of the game.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #1577
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum, from what I've seen, I think you losing your first election simply put a target on you as an easy Democrat to get out. Although for me, the conversation that went on as Eaglefan went out (regarding you pushing hard for him or not) is an odd one given that it was a bad lynch. But I don't believe I've seen any other kind of push to put you out.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #1578
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hehe, well what I said above and your subtitle as "World's Greatest Wolf."
Old 07-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #1579
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 AM   #1580
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

There is an air of newness to the world, as Congress reseats itself once again for a new term, particularly for the Democrats, who have regained some of the power they lost early in the game. Plus, illinifan's term as President is more than half over, and the excitement of the approaching Presidential election is beginning to mount.

But Congress received a harsh reminder of the realities of the job before them when they awoke to the news that Rep. Path12 (D) of the 14th District has been arrested by the FBI for campaign finance fraud.
path12 swears he didn't do it. But after long talks with bipartisian officials, seeing the political necessity of doing so, he has resigned his seat in Congress in disgrace (and in the hopes of avoiding a lengthy prison sentence).

PATH12 HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GAME. HE WAS JUST A REGULAR DEMOCRAT WITHOUT A ROLE.

In other news, Prsident Illinifan999 signed the Congressional Oversight Bill into law. There was a gathering at the courthouse of the Supreme Court to consider the law.

Chief Justice Chief Rum soon announced that, while the intent of the law is bold and well-stated, it simply represents a two fold violation of the Constitution that cannot allow it to stand. On one, the rights voided by the law represent too powerful of a step for Congress to take with the current roles and pwoers in place to them. And in another, it represents too much of a move into essential game rule elements, getting into an area Congress can't normally control or have a legal effect on--the already illegal affecting of elections.

Therefore, the Congressional Oversight law has been struck down.

Even more unfortunate, citing the precedent set Friday in which the Court showed its ability to change the interpretation of a part of the law while allowing the law to as a whole to stand (i.e. the Witness law interpretation), the Court has struck down the Congressional Oversight section of the law, but is allowing the Brutal Wolf clause rider to stand, as it does not violate constitutionality.

The Brutal Wolf clause will remain in play, but otherwise the Congressional Oversight law is hereby overturned.

DAY FIVE HAS NOW BEGUN. DEADLINE IS 9 P.M. EST/6 P.M. PDT.

You must select a new Speaker today (and the current Speaker may remain in that role if you choose). In the meantime, the current Speaker retains his Speaker rights until a new Speaker is chosen as the end of the day.

You may also vote to change your chosen Leaders or Liaisons in your party threads if you wish, and announce it here.

Finally, it is the year before a Presidential election. A final choice for your candidate is not due until the end of the night cycle tomorrow morning (Night Five end), but you may certainly make that choice and announcement today.

Good luck!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:37 AM   #1581
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It becomes clear after the fact that the FBI was tipped off by the Wolf Party on path12's finance irregularities. Payment for Mrs. Schmidty? Who knows? Clearly, though, the enemy is fighting back.

Path12's 14th District is now under the control of mccollins of the 15th District. The 13th District, which had been under the control of path12, now is under the control of Speaker of the House PackerFanatic from the 12th District.

Polling to be announced shortly.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #1582
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wait, so the bill was overturned, but the brutal wolf part still stands?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #1583
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Day Five Power Poll

Most Powerful Men In Washington

1. illinifan999
2. PackerFanatic
3. Tyrith
4. KWhit
5. Passacaglia
6. PurdueBrad
7. mccollins
8. chesapeake
9. Chubby
10. Lathum
11. jeheinz
12. Render
13. henry296

The Most Popular Politicians in Washington (Day Five)

1. Chubby
2. PackerFanatic
3. PurdueBrad
4. illinifan999
5. Tyrith
6. henry296
7. mccollins
8. KWhit
9. jeheinz
10. Render
11. chesapeake
12. Passacaglia
13. Lathum

Day Four Public Bill Support

There was one bill vote yesterday. According to polling, general public came out as follows (+/- 4% polling error):

Congressional Oversight Bill

Supported: 53%
Did Not Support: 47%

Public Political Leaning

Political leaning interest now goes to the Democrats, 52% to 48%, as the public reacts negatively to the Republicans' decision to propose now bills in the last year.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #1584
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wait, so the bill was overturned, but the brutal wolf part still stands?

Correct.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #1585
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Ouch. Maybe it was good we didn't have any bills Friday, heh.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #1586
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE PACKERFANATIC FOR SPEAKER

No reason to upset a decent balance while we have one.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #1587
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
VOTE JEHEINZE WOLF

(as I catch up)

That's interesting. You'd think that when I laid off you, you'd respond in kind. Frankly though, if EF comes up bad (haven't gotten there yet), this vote likely makes me think you're villager, since you're better than that (at being a wolf)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:15 AM   #1588
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well that all around sucks balls (EF, Path, Brutal).

Ugh.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #1589
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah. That's no good.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #1590
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, so I'm rather confused and a bit at a loss for what we're supposed to do.

We can't propse bills because the supreme court doesn't want us to have anything more than we have. (whats the sense of having the ability to pass 3 a day if they're useless?) We can't NOT at least propose bills because it apparently hurts us politically. (see my recent fall from the popularity polls)

But if a wolf rider gets attached to ANY bill that passes its going to stand even if that bills is overturned (which doesn't jibe with how things really work, but hey, its a game)

SO, wtf do we do?

I'l sit in my seat with my hands under my ass and do nothing, since it seems its the only thing I can do. I can still vote for someone, but if we vote badly again I'll be out of my seat altogether and it won;t matter then.

Thouhts?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #1591
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm with RendeR here, I'm feeling basically paralyzed and wondering now just how hard it'll be for us to play even just a straight up game of WW going forward.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #1592
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That is how I feel too.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #1593
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ditto...

maybe we need to come up with a very tame bill, what that could be I have no idea.

To be honest I have been pretty clueless this whole game
Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #1594
mccollins
College Prospect

Perhaps we're supposed to pass bills that don't actually do much of anything so that we appear to be 'working' and don't take popularity hits for inaction.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #1595
chesapeake
College Starter

We can do what the real Congress does: pass a meaningless resolution that that confirms that wolves are bad and the Congress stands united against them.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #1596
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

But if we pass weak bills only to allow the wolves a chance to rider something then it's hindering us, not helping.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #1597
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It sounds like the Supreme Court is acting pretty wolfish these days. While we can't get rid of them for that, maybe we can just take that as a sign that the Congress is doing a better-than-expected job of destroying the wolf problem right now?

I guess I'm thinking there has to be a reason for CR to do that, so we can just relax and not worry about it.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #1598
mccollins
College Prospect

Heinz, I agree, but not passing bills and taking popularity hits threatens all of our re-election efforts.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #1599
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Heinz, I agree, but not passing bills and taking popularity hits threatens all of our re-election efforts.

Yeah, therein lies the rub.

I don't know which is the lesser of the 2 evils. Though do we know how much of the hit was EF-related? Like I notice on our side, PB is the best in the polls, and he didn't vote EF. How is it on the Dem side?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #1600
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

here's something i've proposed a couple times in the repub thread.

"Media Access Act"
This gives the media more access to Congress. Because of its increased presence, there is a % chance that a wolf will be identified during a nightkill. Also there will be an increased negative publicity hit for anything that would already cause it, i.e. changing votes.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote