Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #1551
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
FWIW, as one of the few LG holdouts, I bought the PS2 version over the weekend and am really enjoying it. The gameplay has been tightened up, and as soon as I get a good feel for slider settings over a couple of seasons running my dynasty at a lower-level school, I'll be ready to move up to a real school and take on a challenging AI. I've noticed improved angles, smoother gameplay/player movements, players getting run down on long returns, a more difficult option offense (I used to wear out the opposition with 3 or 4 option plays, which I can still do, but it's more realistic), and oh yeah...SUPER SIM IS SO GREAT. I was up 27-0 in my first game at halftime, and simmed through the rest of the game, stopping occasionally. What would have taken me an hour to sleep-walk through took me 30 minutes, and I won 34-3.

I guess my biggest thing is the "new" (for me) recruiting model, which I'll have to get used to. But otherwise, I'm glad I upgraded from 07.

Just bought the PS2 version and I'm just wondering what you are using for sliders?? I've monkeyed with a few things but still haven't found settings I like.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #1552
Radii
Head Coach

Oh man. My 37" HDTV arrived today, I CAN SEE MY RECEIVERS. This is way way better than Christmas
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #1553
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Oh man. My 37" HDTV arrived today, I CAN SEE MY RECEIVERS. This is way way better than Christmas

Darn, just before you and I play in our dynasty game. Oh wells
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #1554
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Wow.. what a game my first game of the season was against Illinois.

Pouring down rain, missed 2 FG's in the first half and I'm down 14-13 at halftime.

I lose my #2 WR in the 3rd quarter, make 1 of 2 FG's and I'm up 16-14 in the 4th quarter. Illinois goes up 22-16 late in the 4th on a 56 yd TD pass and a 2pt conversion.

Ensuing KO and Jeremy Macklin takes one to the house 82 yards and we take the lead 23-22, but there is just over 2mins left.

3rd and 8 and Juice Williams throws an out pass that's tipped and we intercept to seal the W.

Awesome game that I didn't think we'd win.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #1555
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I have yet to play an online dynasty game without rain. Hopefully this next week...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #1556
Radii
Head Coach

I landed a 5* HB at NC State, #29 overall recruit in the nation. I didn't make any promises to him. He comes in rated well(high 70s) but I have a stud HB as a senior this year. I also have a backup rated about as well as the 5* guy coming in. If I redshirt the 5* guy, how likely is he to transfer? I'd love the extra year of development but obviously I don't want to take too big a risk in losing him.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #1557
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I landed a 5* HB at NC State, #29 overall recruit in the nation. I didn't make any promises to him. He comes in rated well(high 70s) but I have a stud HB as a senior this year. I also have a backup rated about as well as the 5* guy coming in. If I redshirt the 5* guy, how likely is he to transfer? I'd love the extra year of development but obviously I don't want to take too big a risk in losing him.
Do you happen to recall any of his interest levels? As long as he wasn't highly interested in playing time, I would think you'll be ok.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #1558
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
Do you happen to recall any of his interest levels? As long as he wasn't highly interested in playing time, I would think you'll be ok.

ohhh, I didn't think about that, and of course I don't remember. My early playing time rating certainly wasn't way up there or one i was pitching w/ the starter I have, but I don't remember for sure. Definitely something I'll pay attention to in the future though! And I'll likely take the chance and redshirt this guy and see what happens.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #1559
Phototropic
Mascot

Patch #2 will release overnight for the XBox 360.

NCAA 09 Patch #2 Arriving Thursday Morn (360) - NCAA Football 09 at ncaa Strategies
Old 08-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #1560
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

YES!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #1561
Kodos
Resident Alien

Taken from OS:

Here are the patch features

- Ability to view your Online Dynasty HQ through EA Sports World
- Improved online performance

Dynasty
- Fixed a couple recruiting exploits
- Faster simming between weeks
>>
Custom Stadium Sounds
- The "All" option will now only work when the user is the home team
>>
Gameplay
- Improved coverage on kicks
- Hook Zones depth keeps defenders in their zones
- Fixed an issue with the Strafe Catch
- Allow fumbles to occur when diving
- WR screen routes improved
>>
Bug Fixes
- AI sliders for will now work correctly
- An issue with missing stats after simming has been fixed
- Ball carrier will no longer run out of bounds when changing hands and heading towards the sidelines
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the slot receiver to burn the safeties in a prevent defense
- Fixed a bug where the the ball would hit the cross bar, drop through, and not be counted
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Hot Routes from working
Old 08-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #1562
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Sweet!

I'm impressed that can do all that in a console patch. Makes me confident in a Head Coach patch!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #1563
BigDPW
College Prospect

Yeah... That is a nice list... Anyone dl'ed it yet?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #1564
BigDPW
College Prospect

Okay I downloaded the patch this morning and played my first game (with default sliders)... NC State (me) vs. Clemson

My Thoughts:

Gunners on punt coverage definitely are improved. They can break off from the block much better and put more pressure on the return man much like years past.

The linebackers seem to cover curl routes much better. On my first play from scrimmage I threw a 10yd curl to my WR and the LB sat in the zone picked it and took it to the house. I don't recall the LB ever being there on that play before the patch. All I ever had to worry about before was if the CB would hit the WR to break it up.

I was able to pressure the QB adequately (considering I was NCSU) I thought for the first time ever with this game... Usually I had to bring a blitzer to disrupt things but occasionally got pressure with 4 down lineman coming only... YMMV... I will have to see what I can do to disrupt the QB as a superior team to make a firm judgement on this.

I know they didn't say that the kickoff coverage was improved but it seemed to be a little better to me... I rarely broke KO returns before this patch anyway but where I was usually starting off at the 40-50 yd line now I am starting 25-35 yd line regularly after KO returns.

On the default sliders I thought the game played great. I was able to hit dump offs, curls, deep ins, posts, flys, crosses and also had trouble completing some of those routes as well throughout the game. It felt very balanced to me.

I was able to pick a couple of Clemsons passes and stay in the game down to the final play where I had driven 50 yds to the 10 yd line with no timeouts and a chance to punch it in for a 1 point win when I hurried to the line (20 secs left) and audibled to a pass play and quickly snapped and threw only to have it picked by a roving CB at the goal line which he took to the house to put them up 2 scores as time expired...

Last edited by BigDPW : 08-21-2008 at 08:38 AM.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #1565
Tigercat
College Starter

Somewhat related, EA is opening its first permanent game testing center on the campus of LSU, as of right now it will just test NCAA and Tiger Woods games. Sounds like a step in the right direction as far as quality control.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=menu57_1
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #1566
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Okay I downloaded the patch this morning and played my first game (with default sliders)... NC State (me) vs. Clemson

My Thoughts:

Gunners on punt coverage definitely are improved. They can break off from the block much better and put more pressure on the return man much like years past.

The linebackers seem to cover curl routes much better. On my first play from scrimmage I threw a 10yd curl to my WR and the LB sat in the zone picked it and took it to the house. I don't recall the LB ever being there on that play before the patch. All I ever had to worry about before was if the CB would hit the WR to break it up.

I was able to pressure the QB adequately (considering I was NCSU) I thought for the first time ever with this game... Usually I had to bring a blitzer to disrupt things but occasionally got pressure with 4 down lineman coming only... YMMV... I will have to see what I can do to disrupt the QB as a superior team to make a firm judgement on this.

I know they didn't say that the kickoff coverage was improved but it seemed to be a little better to me... I rarely broke KO returns before this patch anyway but where I was usually starting off at the 40-50 yd line now I am starting 25-35 yd line regularly after KO returns.

On the default sliders I thought the game played great. I was able to hit dump offs, curls, deep ins, posts, flys, crosses and also had trouble completing some of those routes as well throughout the game. It felt very balanced to me.

I was able to pick a couple of Clemsons passes and stay in the game down to the final play where I had driven 50 yds to the 10 yd line with no timeouts and a chance to punch it in for a 1 point win when I hurried to the line (20 secs left) and audibled to a pass play and quickly snapped and threw only to have it picked by a roving CB at the goal line which he took to the house to put them up 2 scores as time expired...

Great news!!!

I loved this game before the patch and now I can't wait to rattle off a game or two tonight!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #1567
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Somewhat related, EA is opening its first permanent game testing center on the campus of LSU, as of right now it will just test NCAA and Tiger Woods games. Sounds like a step in the right direction as far as quality control.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=menu57_1

Although I'm not sure if the people interviewed in the article, politicians included, really have much of a clue about what game testing is all about and how little those poor saps get paid. For Louisiana's sake, I would hope that this would be the beginning of something bigger and better, but I'm not overly optimistic.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #1568
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm really happy to hear this impressions post from a guy on OS, AuburnAlumni, who has just been slamming the game, particularly the lack of a pass rush. I can't wait to get home tonight to try out the patch for myself:

This game is 1000000x times better post patch.

Jess and I are using an All American Slider set and I'm on the road at Alabama.

Some impressions.

1. Kickoffs are MUCH improved. No more house rules!

2. The Sliders working helps so much. Now the CPU is much more challenging on All American.

3. THERE IS A PASS RUSH!!! PRAISE THE LORD! THERE IS A PASS RUSH!!! I'm playing Alabama on the road in Tuscaloosa. My highly rated D line is actually getting in the backfield, not getting pancaked every play, and on a play just 5 minutes ago, both of my Defensive Ends blew by the Bama tackles and got to the QB.

I almost wept with joy. I'll post a vid in a bit showing the improved pass rush. It's absolutely exhilirating.

*note* I have Break block at 100 and CPU pass block at 0.

4. You can hear opposing stadium sounds and it is SWEET. I'm listening to the Million Dollar Band in Tuscaloosa with Auburn on the road.

I'm such a geek, I'll be setting each playlist before I play because it adds SO much to the game.

Good job EA. This is a DEFINITE improvement, especially on defense. Hopefully these carry over in Human vs Human games as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #1569
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Grrrr - I bought Madden CE edition and I'm not like Madden at all - rented NCAA 09 a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the play. Now with patch I may be out to sell Madden and getting NCAA

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #1570
Galaxy
Coordinator

I wonder if this will take away the roll-out abilities.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #1571
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Great news EF!!

This and the NHL 2k9 demo out, I'm busy all night tonight!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #1572
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I tried to embed it, but it looked like a mess to me. Here is a link to the video he posted:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/256786

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-21-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #1573
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So is this game worth a purchase? I need a college football game very very bad. If the PS3 version is worth while post patch I'm going to have to check it out.

I'm mostly concerned about those horrible pursuit angles I've seen in videos, are those addressed? Or at least addressed with sliders?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #1574
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Ability to view your Online Dynasty HQ through EA Sports World

How do I view an online dynasty through EA Sports World? Anybody Dynasties here online that I can take a look at?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #1575
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The online dynasty viewing via EA Sports World isn't available yet. The developer clarified that the patch notes should have read that this fix is to allow the game to do that from the client side, but they still need to fix somethings server side for it to work. I wouldn't be surprised if it never ends up working properly.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #1576
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

For you who own or have played this years Madden and NCAA - which one is better?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #1577
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've only played 2 games of Madden at my friend's house, but I prefer NCAA's gameplay for the moment now that it has been patched. I think my gameplay view could change after Madden is patched, but overall I think I'll still prefer NCAA over Madden because of the dynasty being better than Madden's franchise.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #1578
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've noticed some great things post patch, mainly the kick and punt coverage is much improved as well as the pursuit angles.

I'll see how everything goes once my first season is over, but so far it's been one of my favorite console football games I've played in a long... long.. time.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #1579
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm dying to try the game now post-patch, but I don't know what slider set to use. So confused.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #1580
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm dying to try the game now post-patch, but I don't know what slider set to use. So confused.

I like AA's on OS very much. I was getting sick of the game pre-patch, now I can't get enough of it. I've blown out teams that are much weaker, had fights with equal teams, and gotten beat by better teams. Here is the settings from his slider set:

All American
7min quarters

Offense Human/CPU
QB Accuracy 40/50*
Pass Block 0/0
WR Catch 15/15
RB Ability 45/60
Run Block 25*/100

Defense
Awareness 50/100
Knockdown 100/100
Interception 0/0
Break Block 65/100
Tackle 25/30

Special Teams
FG Power 5/15
FG Accuracy 0/30*
Punt Power 45/50
Punt Accuracy 50/70
Kickoff Power 50/65

All Penalties Maxed out at 100.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #1581
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I've noticed some great things post patch, mainly the kick and punt coverage is much improved as well as the pursuit angles.

I'll see how everything goes once my first season is over, but so far it's been one of my favorite console football games I've played in a long... long.. time.

The coverage is huge, I no longer feel like I'm cheating when I get a big return (which is rare.) I agree that the pursuit angles seem at least a bit tighter and it makes a difference. The DE's are definitely more effective as well, particularly when they are high rated.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #1582
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The coverage is huge, I no longer feel like I'm cheating when I get a big return (which is rare.) I agree that the pursuit angles seem at least a bit tighter and it makes a difference. The DE's are definitely more effective as well, particularly when they are high rated.

Definitely.. oh yeah.. my DL had 4 sacks today!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:35 AM   #1583
RainMaker
General Manager

That's great news about the patch. I forgot about the game and may now throw it back on and see the improvements.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #1584
Icy
Pro Starter

Grrrrrr PS3 patch is not out yet :/

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #1585
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Grrrrrr PS3 patch is not out yet :/
The first one is here. Were these fixes that 360 fans talking about only in the second patch?
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #1586
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
The first one is here. Were these fixes that 360 fans talking about only in the second patch?

Yes, sadly, the 1st patch was just to fix the roster editing problem, the 2nd one is the gameplay fixing one.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #1587
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Yes, sadly, the 1st patch was just to fix the roster editing problem, the 2nd one is the gameplay fixing one.
Oh. I bought the game back when it game out, but haven't messed with it much yet. I was waiting for some of the bugs to be fixed. I guess I'll still be waiting.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #1588
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

You should sign up for the waiting list for one of the FOFC online dynasty leagues. You'll have a blast.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #1589
Phototropic
Mascot

Don't feel too bad PS3 people...we may have the patch, but we don't have any post-patch rosters.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #1590
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
You should sign up for the waiting list for one of the FOFC online dynasty leagues. You'll have a blast.

If I had more time, I would love to do that.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #1591
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah.. I'd say post patch this game is the best next gen football game I've ever played.

Just beat Buffalo 45-22 and it was such a fun game. Mizzou is now ranked #5 in the nation, we're 4-0 with a bye week and then we head to Nebraska who is 3-0 so far this season. South Carolina beat #1 Georgia, so it's going to be a battle to keep winning and fighting for that National Championship this year.

Maclin is so damn fast, I love getting him the ball in the open field!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #1592
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

An update of sorts on the status of the PS3's 2nd patch from over on OS. People are upset over there at the 2nd fiddle status that the PS3 development seems to be taking in regard to patches compared to the 360:

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates.

We discovered that there was potential for a really bad desync (about 10% of all online games) to have been introduced in the second patch. We decided to have Sony hold off on testing while we verified if this desync actually existed. After doing some extensive testing last week we determined that this desync does not occur, so we are now talking to Sony to get this back into testing. At the moment I'm not sure what the estimated release is, but we will do whatever we can to get it to you guys ASAP.

I know a lot of you are really looking forward to this patch and I apologize for the delay, but the important thing to keep in mind is that getting the patch late is a lot better than getting a patch where you would desync in 10% of your games.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #1593
Anthony
Banned

i'm not in agreement of "i dominate weaker teams, get a tough matchup against equal teams and get beat by the powerhouse teams" sort of thinking. i like to think that any game is winnable for me - why waste my time in my Stanford solo dynasty if i know right off the bat i won't be able to beat USC? why play that game then? why should i be happy with participating in a game that no matter what i do i have no chance of winning it as soon as the coin toss is over?

i like to think that no matter what team as long as i execute my gameplan perfectly then i have a small reasonable chance (instead of no chance) to win. and really, that's what college football - or any football, nay, any sport - is about. it's not about USC having a larger amount of more dominant players than my Stanford team. it's that they don't have a such a small window for failure that i do. they have more players with which to consistently execute their gameplan with. it's not the fact that they have better players, period. since my Stanford team has such a small margin for error i need to choose my plays perfectly to win. i don't like sliders that instantly make hard team unbeatable. when i'm playing Baylor i can try some new plays out and get a little more loose with my playing, i don't have that luxury with playing an Ohio State or USC - but the ability to win the game should be there whether its Baylor or USC. i'm in some NCAA online leagues where thanks to these hookey dookey sliders i'm all but assured of never being able to have Duke or Michigan State beat the Georgia's and Florida's of the world. what kind of fun is that?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #1594
Tigercat
College Starter

PS3 patch is now out, and the game plays so much sweeter with the patch. Just in time for the first college football weekend!
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #1595
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
i'm not in agreement of "i dominate weaker teams, get a tough matchup against equal teams and get beat by the powerhouse teams" sort of thinking. i like to think that any game is winnable for me - why waste my time in my Stanford solo dynasty if i know right off the bat i won't be able to beat USC? why play that game then? why should i be happy with participating in a game that no matter what i do i have no chance of winning it as soon as the coin toss is over?

i like to think that no matter what team as long as i execute my gameplan perfectly then i have a small reasonable chance (instead of no chance) to win. and really, that's what college football - or any football, nay, any sport - is about. it's not about USC having a larger amount of more dominant players than my Stanford team. it's that they don't have a such a small window for failure that i do. they have more players with which to consistently execute their gameplan with. it's not the fact that they have better players, period. since my Stanford team has such a small margin for error i need to choose my plays perfectly to win. i don't like sliders that instantly make hard team unbeatable. when i'm playing Baylor i can try some new plays out and get a little more loose with my playing, i don't have that luxury with playing an Ohio State or USC - but the ability to win the game should be there whether its Baylor or USC. i'm in some NCAA online leagues where thanks to these hookey dookey sliders i'm all but assured of never being able to have Duke or Michigan State beat the Georgia's and Florida's of the world. what kind of fun is that?

For a lot of people, the fun is building a crappy team into a power over time, while taking your lumps along the way. If you want to win all the time, play on JV and take the best team. Not sure where the fun would come in, but I guess that's what you're after. Maybe you don't want an actual challenge. Maybe you just want to be crowned without any effort. You certainly don't fail to showboat when you do get a lead on a human. And sending taunting PMs afterward was perfectly fine. Like it or not, losing to Indiana wasn't the result of the sliders. It was just you losing to a comparably rated team.

And I loved how you showboated in our last game even when you were still down two scores in the fourth quarter. Honestly, I won't miss your presence. Sportsmanship doesn't seem to be a strong point for you, but then I guess that's not surprising.

Here is my memorial to HA in RFL. This score brought him to within a couple TDs of Indiana midway through the 4th quarter. Perfect time to showboat, right?! Why not burn some precious time off the clock to highstep down the field a bit?

Last edited by Kodos : 08-29-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #1596
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow. I would never pull that kind of shit against an FOFC'er. Maybe against some dumbass online who cheesed with Pat White all game, but not against IU.

Of course, I do pull that shit all the time against the AI...especially when up by 50 or more
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #1597
Groundhog
Coordinator

LOL
Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #1598
Kodos
Resident Alien

The funny thing is, if you look at the video closely, I'm not sure the ball ever crossed the plane of the goalline. Too bad I couldn't challenge!

You should have seen his fake punt in the 4th quarter with a sizable lead from a few weeks ago against me in a non-league game. Or throwing bombs late with a multiscore lead. No class whatsover. What an asshat. Rubs it in when he wins, cries and quits when his team runs into some adversity. "I want to win every game and ask people how my ass taste! Waaaaaaa!!! Why don't they just let me win?!" The guy has no character. Good riddance.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-30-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #1599
sabotai
General Manager

I am wondering why you guys let this Anthony person, whoever he is, join and play with you guys when he, I suppose, has a track record of being like this.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #1600
Kodos
Resident Alien

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, which is always a mistake. I figured he would implode or do something to get banned quickly enough. Here's the highlights from his last RFL game against a human, for those who don't browse the NCAA online league forum. I wouldn't try to rub it in like this for anyone else but Anthony...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
We welcomed HA's Michigan State Spartans to Bloomington for our first Big Ten showdown of the season.

The first quarter saw a ton of offense. MSU scored on a 3-yard Lou Williams run on their opening drive, which featured a lot of no-huddle.

Trailing 7-0, Kellen Lewis led the offense out onto the field. Lewis hit WR Ray Fisher on a short pass, and Fisher took it the rest of the way for 69 yards to tie things up 7-7, still in the first. Michigan State answered with another touchdown drive, this one coming via a 44-yard run by junior RB Seth Brown.

Looking to answer once again, our offense moved its way into the red zone. Senior WR Brandon Walker-Roby found some open space in the end zone, and Lewis hit him for a 6-yard touchdown reception. After fifteen minutes, the game was deadlocked at 14-14.

Things cooled down in the second quarter, as MSU settled for a 38-yard field goal on their next possession. Seeing a chance to take the lead for the first time, Lewis and the offense took the field once more. They did not disappoint the fans, as Lewis took it in himself from 12 yards out after a nice drive to put us on top, 21-17 as we headed toward the half.

With a chance to put some space between ourselves and the Spartans, the offense came out fired up for our first possession of the second half. Things looked great as we quickly moved into their half of the field. Junior RB Bryan Payton took it 37 yards off of the option pitch to give us a 28-17 lead in the early third quarter. MSU cut it back to 28-24 on a 3-yard touchdown pass from senior QB Matthew Jackson to sophomore WR Dennis Moore, but we came right back with another TD run by Payton from one yard out.

We entered the 4th quarter with a 35-24 lead. Once again, a score came off of a big play. Junior QB Kellen Lewis broke it all the way on an option keeper from 38 yards out to give us a solid 42-24 lead. MSU was not ready to lay down yet, as they came up with a big touchdown run from Lou Williams to draw within 42-31.

The idiot's mom must not have taught him that the object of the game was to win, as ol' "No Clue" Lou was clearly quite pleased with himself as he showboated his way down the field. To help remind dimwit Lou of what the game is played for, Hoosier RB Bryan Payton drove the point home with his third rushing TD of the game, which came from 5-yards out, to make it a three-score game at 49-31. The Spartans tried to get a cosmetic score late, but they failed, and the Hoosiers reclaimed the Old Brass Spitoon in convincing fashion, 49-31.

In all, the game saw almost 1000 yards of offense. Indiana amassed 242 yards on the ground. Payton led the way with 101 yards on 16 carries for 3 TDs. Kellen Lewis added 89 yards and 2 scores of his own on the ground, while completing 10 of 14 attempts for 212 yards, 2 TDs, and one interception. The Hoosiers are now 4-0, but still seeking respect in the polls. With a ton of recruits in town, we got just the kind of game we hoped for.

GO BIG RED!

Last edited by Kodos : 09-02-2008 at 10:12 AM.