Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #1551
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I believe they are still quarantined in the other part of the prison. They all took off when Rick started waiving his gun around and telling Ghost Lori to leave. They, rightfully so, thought he was a crazy, gun-wielding person who may be yelling at them.

I imagine all the gunfire will draw them back out and that after the attack, Rick et al. will realize they are in over their heads and need all the help they can get.

I fully expected to see them come back and help out - but alas.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #1552
JediKooter
Coordinator

So in the preview of next weeks episode...

Andrea makes it to the prison, using a zombie ala Michone and it looks like maybe Merle and the rest of the gang may have some kind of 'truce' going on. Definitely looking forward to seeing it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #1553
stevew
Hall Of Famer

But she already was in the van!
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #1554
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Attached Images
File Type: bmp CalvinAndZombies.bmp (430.9 KB, 230 views)
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #1555
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
But she already was in the van!

Whutttt? She was at Woodbury asking where the Governor was.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #1556
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Did Andrea make it to the prison? I thought I just saw her leaving Woodbury with the zombie in front of her.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #1557
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Did Andrea make it to the prison? I thought I just saw her leaving Woodbury with the zombie in front of her.

I'll have to watch it again, but, to me it looked like she was pushing a zombie in front of her and then looked up at the prison. I could swear that she was walking through the busted gate of the prison. Could be some quick clever editing though.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #1558
Swaggs
Coordinator

Andrea is getting annoying...
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #1559
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Andrea may be the worst character on TV. She would not be out of place on Dexter.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #1560
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Andrea may be the worst character on TV. She would not be out of place on Dexter.

With Lori dead, I find it pretty hard to disagree.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #1561
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Totally wasted episode, quite possibly a new series low.

Last edited by stevew : 02-25-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #1562
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola-
Why is the blonde chick playing american idol again.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #1563
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Totally wasted episode, quite possibly a new series low.

Not the greatest episode at all, though I wouldn't say a new series low. Still beats the zombie in the well and some of the other filler episodes in season 2.5.

Sadly, the quality of an episode does seem inversely proportional to the amount of screen time poor Andrea gets. I am not sure how they will be able to salvage the character after all of this.

So Michonne went back to "expose" the Governor and to hurt Andrea just because Andrea chose safety instead of heading back out in the the zombie-infested wasteland? Hrmm...

Tyrese with the Governor now? Yikes! Say it aint so, Tyrese! Hopefully, he'll see through the Governor's madness and help take him down from the inside.

Next week looks quite promising.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #1564
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I suspect next week may be rather nasty.

As for this week, I almost wonder if the dud episode of the season (hopefully) was planned with an eye toward the Oscars. I mean, if a casual viewer was going to miss an episode, this would have been the one. About the only thing that would bear explanation might be the 2 minutes it took Tyrese's group to join up with the bad guys. Otherwise, a highly missable episode.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #1565
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I suspected we might see an episode like this to sort of bridge the gap between the two groups. There are five episodes left this season, which I am sure will all build up toward a final battle at the prison.

The last episode of the series is entitled "Welcome to the Tombs", which I am guessing is a reference to that.

On another board, someone suggested that Rick might be meeting up with some of the guys he got into with when Hershel went to the bar in Season 2. I am not sure if I saw that or not.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #1566
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On another board, someone suggested that Rick might be meeting up with some of the guys he got into with when Hershel went to the bar in Season 2. I am not sure if I saw that or not.

How weird. My son asked me about that exact scenario last night ... and I brushed it off by saying that they were just totally random dudes afaik.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #1567
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
How weird. My son asked me about that exact scenario last night ... and I brushed it off by saying that they were just totally random dudes afaik.

I do like the development of populating the world with random people, like that Mexican family the Brothers Dixon ran across on the bridge. That's what the world would be like. Lots of walkers. Some large communities, like Woodbury and then scattered survivors throughout.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #1568
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is it possibly Morgan shooting from the roof?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #1569
JediKooter
Coordinator

Last nights episode was the weakest so far of the young season. I'm hoping it was a platform to set things in motion or tie in other things down the line. As a stand alone episode though, not very impressed with it.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #1570
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
dola-
Why is the blonde chick playing american idol again.

She likes to sing, I guess, and it's not like they have anything else to do but sit around, be miserable and wonder when the army across town will be battering down their prison walls.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #1571
Thomkal
Head Coach

So show of hands, who thought a zombie or a gunshot was going to crash through the wall and kill that girl in mid-song? Seems like anyone who shows any happiness in the Walking Dead world gets killed off. Like the poor prison dude last episode.

And I really thought that last scene was going to be the Governor killing Andrea after she was a coward and chose not to kill him. That would have made this episode worthwhile, but alas...
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #1572
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I do have to say that the zombie curb stomp was a bit stressful. After watching "American History X", I have a hard time watching any kind of curb stomping, even when done to a zombie.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #1573
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
I do have to say that the zombie curb stomp was a bit stressful. After watching "American History X", I have a hard time watching any kind of curb stomping, even when done to a zombie.

Right there with you
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #1574
sabotai
General Manager

I can't see anything that even slightly resembles a curb stomp without thinking of that scene from American History X.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #1575
Jas_lov
College Starter

They killed off the unpopular Lori, now they need to do the same to Andrea. She's awful and to give her a feature episode was bad tv.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #1576
JediKooter
Coordinator

Andrea was never the best at making decisions and thinking things out. She almost killed Daryl, she slept with Shane, she slept with the Governor, she wanted to kill herself at the CDC and she got herself cut off at the farm and got separated from the group.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #1577
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is it possibly Morgan shooting from the roof?

Reading some chatter elsewhere that it is probably Morgan on the rooftops. This makes sense based on the comic book, right? Timeline, anyways.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #1578
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The main problem with Andrea is that she was always meant to be a minor character who they are trying to make into a major character tying the two camps together. I don't she was ever really written for that role, if that makes sense.

She was fine when she was running around with Shane and hanging out with Dale. I totally forgot she didn't know about Shane.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #1579
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Andrea was never the best at making decisions and thinking things out. She almost killed Daryl, she slept with Shane, she slept with the Governor, she wanted to kill herself at the CDC and she got herself cut off at the farm and got separated from the group.

Thank you Dale!!!

(/sarcasm)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #1580
Groundhog
Coordinator

I didn't mind it. Last week's was pretty action packed and they can't all be like that. Last night's episode was presumably setting up next week's action. Yeah, Andrea is the most annoying character though, and it's been that way since the beginning.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #1581
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Thank you Dale!!!

(/sarcasm)

Haha! That's exactly what I was thinking.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #1582
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I must be the only one who actually thinks Andrea's character has improved and been more interesting since Michone left her at Woodbury.

Now, keep in mind, I still think she's annoying as fuck and won't cry if (when?) she's finally done away with. But, IMO, her story arc is a good deal better now than it ever was before.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #1583
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, if it is indeed Morgan (and his son) coming back into the show next week, that would be completely and totally awesome.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #1584
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I mostly covered my eyes during this scene and peeked between my fingers. It didn't matter, the audio was the worst part anyway. *shudders*
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #1585
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Reading some chatter elsewhere that it is probably Morgan on the rooftops. This makes sense based on the comic book, right? Timeline, anyways.

No.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #1586
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
The main problem with Andrea is that she was always meant to be a minor character who they are trying to make into a major character tying the two camps together. I don't she was ever really written for that role, if that makes sense.

She was fine when she was running around with Shane and hanging out with Dale. I totally forgot she didn't know about Shane.

Spoiler

Last edited by DanGarion : 02-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #1587
stevew
Hall Of Famer

they should crossover cast Skyler White to tell Andrea what we all want to.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #1588
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
BTW, if it is indeed Morgan (and his son) coming back into the show next week, that would be completely and totally awesome.
Skip the "Previously On" segment just in case... you know whenever Morgan shows up again they'll spoil it by having flashbacks to episode 1 during that.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #1589
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Skip the "Previously On" segment just in case... you know whenever Morgan shows up again they'll spoil it by having flashbacks to episode 1 during that.

Do you think? That would seem incredibly dumb. But, sure, you may be right.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #1590
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Do you think? That would seem incredibly dumb. But, sure, you may be right.

I would have to think they wouldn't do that...right?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #1591
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post

Of course they would. They know they would get a ratings bump if they give that away. I always avoid all previews for just this reason. If I could, I'd avoid the "previously on" segments as well since they give stuff away.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #1592
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post

It was virtually impossible to NOT know that Merle was coming back in Season 3, they went out of their way to make sure of that. I feel quite certain if they brought even a minor character back from a long time ago it would at least be spoiled in the "previously on..." segment, if not in many more ways beforehand.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #1593
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That is true. I guess I am just giving them too much credit and hoping to be legitimately surprised by it (if that is the case).

If I remember, I will be fast-forwarding through the "previously on" segment this week, heh.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #1594
Swaggs
Coordinator

They learned this trick from Lost...
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #1595
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I personally think "previously on" is an okay place for a spoiler of that level.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #1596
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I personally think "previously on" is an okay place for a spoiler of that level.

That just seems too obvious...for some things, it's okay - but for events from 2 seasons ago, it's just too obvious.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #1597
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They should never have introduced Axel, Oscar, Tyrese and even Michonne if they were just going to marginalize them. I will watch and I'm sure others will, but I wonder when a large backlash will happen. I'm glad this week is a world exploration one. Maybe michonne will get some lines. Carl needs more usage as well.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #1598
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

Now that Laguerta is mercifully gone, there's a role open for her. She can probably trill her R's and pretend to be Cuban.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #1599
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
They should never have introduced Axel, Oscar, Tyrese and even Michonne if they were just going to marginalize them. I will watch and I'm sure others will, but I wonder when a large backlash will happen. I'm glad this week is a world exploration one. Maybe michonne will get some lines. Carl needs more usage as well.

Michonne feels really, really under-developed. Walking Dead has a bad habit about doing that with too many characters, but I'm very surprised its happened with that one.

As someone who hasn't read the comics, the only reason my expectations for Tyrese so far are different is the hype his introduction got. The show itself hasn't committed to his group in any big way yet, but they've been around enough that I'm intrigued to see what their role is in the upcoming conflict. I have on issues with him at all so far.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #1600
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
As someone who hasn't read the comics, the only reason my expectations for Tyrese so far are different is the hype his introduction got. The show itself hasn't committed to his group in any big way yet, but they've been around enough that I'm intrigued to see what their role is in the upcoming conflict. I have on issues with him at all so far.

Same here. I recognized him as Cutty from the Wire but had I not read this thread I wouldn't have thought him anything other than a secondary character and definitely wouldn't know his character name on the show. To be honest as a non-comic book viewer I would put the main characters as Rick, Daryll, the governor, Asian guy, and Andrea. Michonne would also be a background character to me if I hadn't read on here how big a deal she is supposed to be.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote