Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #1551
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Maroon 5 and Bo Bice!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #1552
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Man.. Just for the hell of it, I really hope castro doesn't get voted out just to see Simon's head explode.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #1553
MJ4H
Coordinator

I don't particularly care for Ryan saying "we have drama tonight" right off the bat.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #1554
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

"What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome?"

Castro: " The brain being dead. "

I wonder how many drugs he has done in his life so far
Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #1555
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

mmm.. Maroon 5.. Wonder how the basketball game is going..
Old 05-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #1556
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

That is the happiest person I've ever seen kicked off the show.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #1557
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yeah... While he still didn't sound that good he definitely was sporting the Marley happy, positive, and just all around laid back, attitude that you should have when doing Marley.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #1558
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Yeah... While he still didn't sound that good he definitely was sporting the Marley happy, positive, and just all around laid back, attitude that you should have when doing Marley.

But Marley didn't have bodies buried in his basement...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #1559
Ksyrup

Only listened to about 30 seconds of Bo Bice before we FF through, but damn...WTF happened to his voice?! He had some affected, out of tune vocal going on there. That dude was clearly a pretender.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #1560
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Only listened to about 30 seconds of Bo Bice before we FF through, but damn...WTF happened to his voice?!

Not been the same since about week 8 of a few years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #1561
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
I don't particularly care for Ryan saying "we have drama tonight" right off the bat.

What is he supposed to say, "Tonight as you all expect, Castro gets kicked off."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
That is the happiest person I've ever seen kicked off the show.

Agreed. I think his anxiety was getting to him and he just wanted to leave. At least, he has that in common with a lot of AI watchers. Interesting, that they cut his exit song off much quicker than most contestants.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-08-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #1562
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

What was also interesting at the beginning, was that he said that the top 3 last night were all within a million votes of each other. Syesha had a lot more votes that I would have guessed, but I imagine a lot of the teen girls voting for Castro will go to either of the Davids and she'll still have no shot to advance next week.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-08-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #1563
Ksyrup

DI was pretty well on point with the voting estimates. And yeah, as much as I'd like to see Syesha pull the upset, I don't think she has a shot because Castro's voting block will go to the David's first. She's in a no-win situation next week. But considering I wouldn't have minded her going home week 8 or so, she really came on strong and should be happy with how this played out.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #1564
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
What is he supposed to say, "Tonight as you all expect, Castro gets kicked off."

Nothing.

The point is that most of the time he actually goes out of the way to mention drama right in the opening, it is a surprise vote-off. Since it was such an obvious one tonight, and anyone but Jason would've been a monster upset, it just had me worried based on precedent.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #1565
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Nothing.

The point is that most of the time he actually goes out of the way to mention drama right in the opening, it is a surprise vote-off. Since it was such an obvious one tonight, and anyone but Jason would've been a monster upset, it just had me worried based on precedent.

Well he did his job, he kept you hooked and watching to see if there was a monster upset.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #1566
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Only listened to about 30 seconds of Bo Bice before we FF through, but damn...WTF happened to his voice?! He had some affected, out of tune vocal going on there. That dude was clearly a pretender.
You should have stuck around. That was a great song.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #1567
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Well he did his job, he kept you hooked and watching to see if there was a monster upset.

Oh, I have no problem with that. All I was saying was it made me slightly nervous.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #1568
Ksyrup

This was the first week Dial Idol had the bottom person in red, meaning Castro was certain to go home. And even if you didn't know that, about 2 minutes later, Seacrest said that the top 3 people were within a million votes of each other, and there was no way Castro could have been one of them. I wouldn't be shocked if Syesha was actually #2 and Archie #3, but they put her in the bottom 2 again.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #1569
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Do any of you guys ever vote for an AI contestant? Have you ever at all? I believe my wife voted once for Clay Aiken and once for Chris Daughtry, and that was it. She absolutely loved Blake Lewis last season, and she didn't even vote for him.

I've got nothing against the people who vote. I just have a hard time imagining who these millions of people are who are actually taking the time to do it.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #1570
Ksyrup

I have voted once, for Bo Bice when he did that a capella Badlands song. I was blown away that he knew the song and had the nads to bring it to AI and do it a capella.

I've been to a few blogs where the voters hang out. They are crazy/devoted to these people. They talk about using their allotted 1,000 votes in particular ways. It's insane.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #1571
MJ4H
Coordinator

I have never voted. My wife has voted a few times. Not this season. Pretty sure she voted several times for frikin Taylor Hicks.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #1572
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I voted for Carrie Underwood.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #1573
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
I have voted once, for Bo Bice when he did that a capella Badlands song. I was blown away that he knew the song and had the nads to bring it to AI and do it a capella.

Jake E Lee Badlands? That would blow me away too...
Old 05-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #1574
Ksyrup

He did In a Dream on the Top 3 show.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #1575
Kodos
Resident Alien

My wife has voted for David Cook a few times this season.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #1576
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I only watched the show a few times this season and voted for a family friend that was on the show. That is the only reason I would have even watched it in the first place.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #1577
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
My wife has voted for David Cook a few times this season.

Same here for my wife. She has also voted for Blake Lewis and Daughtry a few times.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #1578
Jim G.
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Do any of you guys ever vote for an AI contestant? Have you ever at all? I believe my wife voted once for Clay Aiken and once for Chris Daughtry, and that was it. She absolutely loved Blake Lewis last season, and she didn't even vote for him.

I've got nothing against the people who vote. I just have a hard time imagining who these millions of people are who are actually taking the time to do it.

I have a couple of times over the years. I voted for Mikalah Gordon, because she was funny and I thought it would be nice to see her continue in a VoteForTheWorst sense. I thought that was a bad season and there wasn't anyone to get behind.

I voted for Leslie Hunt in the early rounds last season, because she mentioned Imogen Heap as a primary influence and I thought she had potential.

This season, I voted for Brooke White until she started to suck and kept back-talking the judges.

By voting, I throw in maybe five votes while I'm working on the write-up.

My wife has thrown in a few votes for David Cook, because he's from Missouri and she likes his music.
Jim G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #1579
Subby
lolzcat

I voted for Fantasia a number of times. She's still my favorite contestant of all time...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #1580
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I voted for Fantasia a number of times. She's still my favorite contestant of all time...

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #1581
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I only watched the show a few times this season and voted for a family friend that was on the show. That is the only reason I would have even watched it in the first place.

Sanjaya?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #1582
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I hope Discovery HD is showing animals shitting tonight.

I scheduled my nightly one to avoid as much of the elimination show as possible. I am so sick and tired of these mediocre singers that I have no interest in watching anymore.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #1583
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

One of the greatest AI performances ever. I have the Badlands recording on cassette, LOL.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #1584
Ksyrup

Now I know why I haven't watched late night talk shows (Leno in particular) since the early 90s - Jason Castro and Huey Lewis do a little skit. Now THIS is some might fine com-o-dee right here!

&nbsp
Old 05-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #1585
rjolley
College Starter

Almost cracked a smile during that.

Almost.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #1586
Ksyrup

Top 3 spoiler (David Cook)

Spoiler
Old 05-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #1587
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

If that is the song by Cowell, that is a 'If you can make people like this one, you deserve to win'. What, they couldn't get the rights to "Loving You" by Minnie Ripperton?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #1588
Ksyrup

David Archuleta's dad loses 'American Idol' backstage pass
May 10 06:44 AM US/Eastern

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Backstage meddling has caught up "American Idol" favorite David Archuleta's dad, who's been banned from rehearsals, a person working for the TV talent contest said Friday.

Jeff Archuleta was told this week by producers that he can no longer join 17-year-old son as David as he prepares for the show, the person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The show's action was first reported Friday by the online Web site TMZ.

David Archuleta of Murray, Utah, is one of three contestants left as the top-rated Fox show heads toward the Jan. 20-21 finale. The fresh- faced teenager with the big voice has consistently been deemed a front-runner by the judges and been a consistent fan favorite.

Jeff Archuleta's intense backstage involvement had become a source of concern for the series, the person connected with "American Idol" said—but it was a lyric change on Tuesday's show that pushed producers to act.

Despite a warning, Jeff Archuleta insisted on altering "Stand by Me," one of two songs his son sang on the show Tuesday. By adding a verse from Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls," the father incurred additional costs for "American Idol," the person said.

Fox declined comment. Attempts to reach Jeff Archuleta for comment were unsuccessful. A phone number listed under his name in Murray, Utah, was no longer in service, and Fox did not immediately respond to a request Friday evening for help in contacting the family.

Earlier Friday, David Archuleta was honored at a hometown celebration held at his high school in Murray, during which Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman declared "David Archuleta Day."

The singer and his family declined to be interviewed at the event, but David Archuleta did speak with the Salt Lake City Fox affiliate, KSTU- TV. "Wow," he exclaimed as he viewed the cheerleading squad outside his stretch limousine.

The other finalists left in competition for the "Idol" title and a record contract are David Cook and Syesha Mercado. Cook, a native of suburban Blue Springs, Mo., had his own homecoming celebration Friday in Kansas City, while Mercado was feted Bradenton, Fla.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #1589
MJ4H
Coordinator

The singer and his family declined to be interviewed at the event, but David Archuleta did speak with the Salt Lake City Fox affiliate, KSTU- TV. "Wow," he exclaimed as he viewed the cheerleading squad outside his stretch limousine.

hahahahaha
Old 05-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #1590
rowech
Pro Starter

I wondered why he changed the lyrics and I'd be pissed as hell if the I was a producer and now had to pay royalties on two songs rather than just one. How is that even playing by the rules of the show really?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #1591
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I guess now we know who is winding the big silver thing on David A's back. If Dad can't get backstage or to rehearsal, who's going to be able to get the wind-up doll ready?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #1592
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
David Archuleta's dad, who's been banned from rehearsals, a person working for the TV talent contest said Friday.

Jeff Archuleta was told this week by producers that he can no longer join 17-year-old son as David as he prepares for the show, the person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.
I think it's obvious why Jeff has become an issue. He's actually Danny Bonaduce incognito:

Jeff:

Danny:

Last edited by Arles : 05-10-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #1593
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Damn shame. Painfully obvious that he has been coached up just given the nature of the songs that he sings and how he sings them.

Just like to know at what point do parents cross that line between nuturing a child's ability to living vicariously through them. Seems like it is easier to do with talents that might have a monetary payoff at the end (like athletics) than it would be say sculpting.. or if it was a skill that the parents weren't familiar with or have done themselves.

would be interesting to see what would happen if he was voted off this week... I smell lawsuit. "Oh, you screwed his chances up because I couldn't coach him properly during rehearsal!!!"

Last edited by Mustang : 05-10-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #1594
Ksyrup

Updated spoilers for tonight:

Spoiler
Old 05-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #1595
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Why did the judges pick songs within Syesha and A's wheelhouse but something totally off for Cook?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #1596
rjolley
College Starter

Actually, I think that can be done very well by Cook. Doesn't seem to be at first glance, but with what he's done with other songs, I could see him doing very well with it.

Syesha's song is a great fit for her, though. Can't remember A's song to know if it's a great fit for him, so I'll take your word for it.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #1597
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Why did the judges pick songs within Syesha and A's wheelhouse but something totally off for Cook?
I'm guessing because they want it to be competitive. It's like having Pujols and two double A guys in a HR derby. You better have Gaylord Perry on the mound when Pujols bats.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #1598
Ksyrup

Update on Archie's choice:

Spoiler
Old 05-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #1599
Ksyrup

One more update (Syesha's songs). Only missing Cook's producers' choice.

Spoiler
Old 05-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #1600
MJ4H
Coordinator

David Archuleta is a pleasure to listen to.