Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #1551
mccollins
College Prospect

Geez Narcizo, another book to read?! I'll catch up at lunch...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #1552
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
For most of the game I decided that there had to be a pawn wolf, it would only make sense. But I do not believe that mccollins is a wolf and obviously, whether or not I was one, I would say here I'm not. I would like to point out that mccollins' voting record this game is strong, particularly back to day one with the Hoops vote. Also, he has proved to be incredibly valuable as a partner because I don't understand chess that well yet.

As for myself, I was originally on Hoops day one and pulled off of him because, as usual, I listened to him (something I need to stop doing). But I believe I embraced being scanned and even forewarned what was going to happen (and I don't mean in a KWhit way) AND I'm the one person that revealed board locations when St. Cronin asked for them. That's all I have defense-wise vs. being a wolf but I'm also not getting drawn into this discussion any further.

What do you mean by that? I'm not taking offense, I just don't follow what you're saying. I like to know what people mean when they talk about me.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #1553
mccollins
College Prospect

Actually, Narcizo makes some sense rather than sounding like he's floundering to not be found out.

I think, however, the rules on moving dictated the bouncing off oliegirl not that she necessarily protected herself. Based on the moving/attacking rules, I think she got there earlier and Narcizo wasn't trying to move to the square by way of attack.

Pass told me that you can either choose to move or to attack, not both.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #1554
mccollins
College Prospect

Ok, more when I get to work.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #1555
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
What do you mean by that? I'm not taking offense, I just don't follow what you're saying. I like to know what people mean when they talk about me.

KWhit, I just looked back because I knew that didn't sound right. I meant Anxiety. My bad!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #1556
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
For most of the game I decided that there had to be a pawn wolf, it would only make sense. But I do not believe that mccollins is a wolf and obviously, whether or not I was one, I would say here I'm not. I would like to point out that mccollins' voting record this game is strong, particularly back to day one with the Hoops vote. Also, he has proved to be incredibly valuable as a partner because I don't understand chess that well yet.

As for myself, I was originally on Hoops day one and pulled off of him because, as usual, I listened to him (something I need to stop doing). But I believe I embraced being scanned and even forewarned what was going to happen (and I don't mean in an Anxiety way) AND I'm the one person that revealed board locations when St. Cronin asked for them. That's all I have defense-wise vs. being a wolf but I'm also not getting drawn into this discussion any further.

Confused who was who, corrected here.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #1557
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
KWhit, I just looked back because I knew that didn't sound right. I meant Anxiety. My bad!

And I was referring to the way that Anxiety outlined his entire plan to us on day one and then followed through.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #1558
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Ah. I couldn't tell if you were complimenting me or criticizing me. I was very confused.

Makes sense now.

*goes back to being dead*
Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #1559
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm the one person that revealed board locations when St. Cronin asked for them. That's all I have defense-wise vs. being a wolf but I'm also not getting drawn into this discussion any further.

No offense PB, but the wolves would be pro-revealing locations. It gives them a road map on who might kill Neon first so they know who to night kill.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #1560
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm pretty sure Narc is correct, given my understanding of the board protect power (which I have). If he and olie tried to occupy the same spot but Olie did it first and was protected, Narc would bounce back a slot.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #1561
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Actually, Narcizo makes some sense rather than sounding like he's floundering to not be found out.

I think, however, the rules on moving dictated the bouncing off oliegirl not that she necessarily protected herself. Based on the moving/attacking rules, I think she got there earlier and Narcizo wasn't trying to move to the square by way of attack.

Pass told me that you can either choose to move or to attack, not both.

I was told specifically that I thought I had captured a black rook but was unable to do so and had to retreat a square. Going on this I had no idea you had to specify that you have to attack or move.

Quote:
Rooks: Tell me which direction you would like to move (North, South, East, West), and how many spaces you want to travel, from 1 to 8. You will stop when you reach your desired number of spaces. If an opposing piece is in the way, you will capture that piece and stop there -- that piece will be removed from the game. If a friendly or protected piece is in the way, you will stop right before that piece.

I presumed that she must be protecting herself with her rook power.

Anyway I'm sorry for the long posts again. But I get lonely here during the day. I have to go home now. I'll pop in during the evening to see if I need to change my move. But I'll put a vote in now.

I think Render and Jackal are both wolves but I realise that the last time I thought someone was a wolf I got it spectacularly wrong. I also realise that my posting over the last couple of days has been erratic. Anyway I believe our on-board position is stronger today than yesterday. I believe that both rooks getting up the board will prove to be important in bringing pressure on the king and we can't do that with OlieGirl positioned where she is. We also run the risk of retreating and blocking the top rows from the queens we are going to get next turn. We run the risk of white wolves doing that as well but if they do so then they will be outing themselves.

Vote OlieGirl

Subject to change. Possibly.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #1562
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
As for myself, I was originally on Hoops day one and pulled off of him because, as usual, I listened to him (something I need to stop doing).

I strongly disagree. In fact, I would suggest that others need to start listening to me more in these games. Particularly people with weighted votes

OK - back to being dead.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #1563
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I strongly disagree. In fact, I would suggest that others need to start listening to me more in these games. Particularly people with weighted votes

OK - back to being dead.

I'll try to remember that in the future.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #1564
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Yes, I am the rook who can protect again board moves...I rec'd information in my PM that the White Rook came at me but was not able to capture me. I'm not a wolf.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #1565
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll work us up a vote count.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #1566
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oliegirl (3) - PurdueBrad (1533), ntndeacon (1536), Narcizo (1561)
The Jackal (1) - RendeR (1498)
RendeR (1) - The Jackal (1502)
Narcizo (1) - Neon_Chaos (1544)

not voted: jeheinz72, mccollins, oliegirl
Old 05-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #1567
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Village, we're split around some. Knowing that Oliegirl can't night protect is important and also knowing that she can actually stop us from actually taking her on the board is also important, but is getting her voted off now more important than voting off a known (or possibly known) wolf?

I've been going back and forth here but I'm still thinking that voting her off is key to actually winning the game. Mccollins and Heinz, I'll be curious to hear both of your thoughts on this.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #1568
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Unvote Narcizo
Vote RendeR
Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #1569
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Village, we're split around some. Knowing that Oliegirl can't night protect is important and also knowing that she can actually stop us from actually taking her on the board is also important, but is getting her voted off now more important than voting off a known (or possibly known) wolf?

I've been going back and forth here but I'm still thinking that voting her off is key to actually winning the game. Mccollins and Heinz, I'll be curious to hear both of your thoughts on this.

Yeah, I just can't make up my mind. I've nearly voted either way (for olie or for who I think is a wolf of the two, RendeR) like 3-4 times now.

On one hand, the wolf isn't out to help us, and could get in our way. On the other, olie is certainly going to get in our way. We can realistically only lynch he as I can't see the wolves doing our job for us.

It's almost a complete toss-up for me.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #1570
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

But by the same token, I think my inability to make a vote is that realistically, my vote is inconsequential. It is, for all intents and purposes, 4-2-1 right now. Figuring it'll be 5-2 when RendeR gets in. Basically if the olie voters stay and collins wants olie gone, she's gone.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #1571
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I hate this time of year. Second fight in two days, luckily I got this one before it really got started, one hard smack to the back of the head was all they had time to get in. Man, kids can be dumb sometimes. I think these kids need to play werewolf, that should help with some of their aggression.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #1572
The Jackal
Coordinator

Transform aggression into words!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #1573
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm out for a couple hours, btw. Be back before deadline. Then it's off to philly.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #1574
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm putting this in for now. I mainly don't want to forget. The topic is still very much open to me

Vote oliegirl
Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #1575
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm out for a couple hours, btw. Be back before deadline. Then it's off to philly.

Jackal, I've saved this until now but you should probably vote me off:

<-------------------- HUGE Penguins fan.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #1576
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, let me change that:

<------------------------HUGE Penguins fan enjoying a 2 games to 0 lead.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #1577
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

And if I'm night killed, you KNOW it was Jackal now!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #1578
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
No offense PB, but the wolves would be pro-revealing locations. It gives them a road map on who might kill Neon first so they know who to night kill.

This was another reason I was dumbfounded that Cronin was a villager. I thought that was ridiculous to announce to the wolves where our pieces were so that they could intervene and block us.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #1579
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah I was frankly puzzled he really was good in the end.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #1580
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Guys, what are the chances the Pass would set 2 wolves as PM partners??? Didn't we already go through this earlier in the game? I was Hoops PM partner, that is why I didn't vote for him the first night, I had no reason to believe he was a wolf and had no one else to trust or even get a read on, so I didn't vote for him...I promise you, I'm not a wolf.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #1581
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Guys, what are the chances the Pass would set 2 wolves as PM partners??? Didn't we already go through this earlier in the game? I was Hoops PM partner, that is why I didn't vote for him the first night, I had no reason to believe he was a wolf and had no one else to trust or even get a read on, so I didn't vote for him...I promise you, I'm not a wolf.

olie, they're no longer looking for wolves.

They just want to get rid of you in order to make their path to checking me easier.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #1582
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, honestly Olie, Neon is right. For me (and the rest of the good white guys) it's a matter of clearing black out of the way vs. actually voting for wolves.

Now I'm pretty sure RendeR is a wolf. But I don't win the game by killing wolves, I win by mating Neon.

Can someone explain to me how voting RendeR is in my best interests right now?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #1583
mccollins
College Prospect

As stated earlier, I don't really want to vote olie today. Cronin was all about voting off black, I've always preferred to vote off wolves.

Reading back through RendeR and Jackal's verbal sparring, RendeR sounds like a person acting and Jackal sound like a person just trying to state what he knows.

I could be having the wool pulled over my eyes (or they could both be wolves, as mentioned), but this is what I planned to do at deadline yesterday until PurdueBrad wasn't able to show up because of the school fights (would've been perfect at 6-6 like I had discussed earlier in the day):

Vote RendeR
Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #1584
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Oliegirl (4) - PurdueBrad (1533), ntndeacon (1536), Narcizo (1561), jeheinz72 (1574)
RendeR (3) - The Jackal (1502), Neon (1568), mccollins (1583)

not voted: oliegirl
Old 05-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #1585
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

so if what I know is true we've got basically 5 for Olie, 1 for Jackal and 6 for RendeR.

Presuming Olie votes RendeR and RendeR switches to Olie we're looking at 7-6 RendeR over Olie.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #1586
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
this is what I planned to do at deadline yesterday until PurdueBrad wasn't able to show up because of the school fights (would've been perfect at 6-6 like I had discussed earlier in the day)

This is why I apologized yesterday when I FINALLY was able to get on. Mccollins had the perfect plan in order to get both a wolf and black piece off the board at the same time. It's because of this that I will believe in Mccollins from now until the end of the game.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #1587
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

VOTE RENDER

Obvious vote to save my non-wolf butt
Old 05-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #1588
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Oliegirl (4) - PurdueBrad (1533), ntndeacon (1536), Narcizo (1561), jeheinz72 (1574)
RendeR (4) - The Jackal (1502), Neon (1568), mccollins (1583), oliegirl (1587)

My count puts it at 7-5-1, RendeR with the "most" votes.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #1589
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
so if what I know is true we've got basically 5 for Olie, 1 for Jackal and 6 for RendeR.

Presuming Olie votes RendeR and RendeR switches to Olie we're looking at 7-6 RendeR over Olie.

I think you should be on around deadline. Just to be sure.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #1590
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Here's what I have, looks like it matches jeheinz72:

Quote:
The Jackal -- RendeR (1498)
RendeR -- The Jackal (1502), Neon_Chaos (1568), mccollins (1583), oliegirl (1587)
oliegirl -- PurdueBrad (1533), ntndeacon (1536), Narcizo (1561), jeheinz72 (1574)
Narcizo --
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #1591
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm going to try to be around as well, although the way things are going, who knows?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #1592
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I'll be around. But I'm still not sure which way is most beneficial. Like I said before, with you controlling ~30% of the votes, it's like you get to pick.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #1593
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Speaking of the plan we were going to try and pull off yesterday, anybody thought about voting no lynch and allowing us to pull off a tie today? With mccollins' votes and mine, I think we can balance things.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #1594
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I assume Neon and Olie are locked and RendeR and wouldn't move
RendeR would have to vote Olie to avoid being the lone player voted off (If he's a wolf, he would still see value in taking Olie with him rather than a throw away on Jackal)
Leaving us to shift the rest of the votes
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #1595
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Well, I certainly won't be voting No Lynch.

Good luck orchestrating that.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #1596
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I think people talking about orchastrating anything, be it openly or not are either wolves or people who are open to late vote shifting messing with things.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #1597
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So it would be something like this:

Olie- RendeR, narcizo, mccollins (4)
RendeR- Neon, Olie, ntn, heinz, PB (2)

Jackal as a no lynch. Make sense or too hard? I'm thinking that in the vote movement we might be able to see another wolf.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #1598
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think people talking about orchastrating anything, be it openly or not are either wolves or people who are open to late vote shifting messing with things.

I am the second half of this, I am open to a late vote shift to see if we can get off both a black piece and a wolf, don't see the problem there. Worst case scenario, it doesn't go and we GET one of them off which is what is going to happen anyway.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #1599
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BUT it also puts a lot of trust in whoever we would leave as a no lynch vote that they wouldn't come in and break the tie so I figure nobody would go for it on that matter alone but I saw value in discussing it.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #1600
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I am the second half of this, I am open to a late vote shift to see if we can get off both a black piece and a wolf, don't see the problem there. Worst case scenario, it doesn't go and we GET one of them off which is what is going to happen anyway.

No no no there Brad.

Sorry, I think you're looking REALLY suspicious following this line. If RendeR is a villager and you're a wolf you'd get quite the haul with this move, now wouldn't you?