Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #1551
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm a bit surprised that BK/Narcizo didn't start picking up heat after me/JAG were wiped out back-to-back days and Autumn was lynched. It really seemed to set the stage for "why are these normally logical players being left alive, based on some of the earlier NK picks" question.

Obviously a very strong wolf performance; they were terrific at never being in the line of voting fire. Didn't force the issue too much when the game was going well. Just stacked up day after day of perfect results, which isn't easy to do even when the seer gets snuffed early.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #1552
Ragone
Pro Rookie

wish narcizo or packers had been around, i really thought my idea of trying to get one of them to fake reveal as the bg would have been fun to see flesh out
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #1553
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

It was amazing how Villager-Villager results lined up almost every day.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #1554
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hmm well I'm glad I was right about at least a couple of the wolves even if i was way too late on it. Great game by those guys. Controlled where we were looking from start to end.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #1555
Ragone
Pro Rookie

who was the next night kill.. out of curiousity?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #1556
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm a bit surprised that BK/Narcizo didn't start picking up heat after me/JAG were wiped out back-to-back days and Autumn was lynched. It really seemed to set the stage for "why are these normally logical players being left alive, based on some of the earlier NK picks" question.

Obviously a very strong wolf performance; they were terrific at never being in the line of voting fire. Didn't force the issue too much when the game was going well. Just stacked up day after day of perfect results, which isn't easy to do even when the seer gets snuffed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
It was amazing how Villager-Villager results lined up almost every day.

I really think it was just sheer luck. We were never really put in a threatening position for the villagers to get a read on any of us -- not to say that the village played poorly, just that their shots kept missing badly.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #1557
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
who was the next night kill.. out of curiousity?

Raiders was the order.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #1558
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Indeed Ragone it is REALLY hard sometimes to play bodyguard and it is often just random guessing. YOu just have to guess who is the MOST LIKELY to be a villager or a role and go with them.

Some games have TONS of roles that allow for reveals and instant information but this did not. It is weird that if there are no roles than the village has nothing to clear themselves with. And if they do, it becomes just cookie cutter and like every other game.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #1559
Ragone
Pro Rookie

yea.. i think i protected him yesterday.. hah
Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #1560
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I really think it was just sheer luck. We were never really put in a threatening position for the villagers to get a read on any of us -- not to say that the village played poorly, just that their shots kept missing badly.

Although, as I said to the fellow wolves, I did like the idea that we were crushing so well that we had you guys thinking that there weren't any wolves at all.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #1561
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You know - I started thinking about the math in this. Just once if one of the wolves had been lynched, the whole complexion of the game would have changed. But we were able to sow seeds of doubt about no wolves or a different mechanic in play almost the entire game. If nothing else, it proved a nuisance in trying to figure out what was really happening.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #1562
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Bhlloy was my primary today.. passa was secondary in case of a brutal wolf lynch..
Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #1563
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I voted for you 1) because of the timing of your vote yesterday, the 8th, yes I said 8th. That's #8. You'll understand why I'm repeating later.
So Jackal - what the heck were you trying to tell us there? I made up a couple "theories", but this just seemed to be too bizarre to be a coincidence.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #1564
Autumn
Head Coach

You guys also lucked out having CF as the moderator, one of the few that people could almost believe he'd pull something wacky on us. When I first saw the game going up I thought it might be something off the wall, so there was that little seed of doubt that might not have existed in another game.

Still just amazing that we never had one of these guys in our targets. Makes up for the games where all the wolves somehow end up in the vote on day two.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #1565
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Also, it's worth mentioning that we were all vanilla villagers on Day 1.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #1566
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, it's worth mentioning that we were all vanilla villagers on Day 1.

In fact, I feel like on Day 2, it was all wolves pushing that thinking, which worried me.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #1567
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Story: Glados and her cores (and her favorite turret) killed all the scientists and are left with you testers. On night 2 she drops her Companion cube and it lands on Ragone, smashing his head and giving him a cube head which he can use to protect people with. SInce she can't see where the cube lands she and her cores eliminate 5 of the testers and take their places to look for it.

The Tests:

Day 1 - Voting with no death. All people were testers. Purpose: To instill paranoia.
Night 1 - All roles given out at random.
5 Wolf roles. 2 Villager roles -> Seer - DV and Bodyguard Cube - Ragone
Day 2 - Unvoting and Death introduced
Day 3 - Button introduced. Public button push race. Winner becomes Duke.
Day 4 - Storage cubes introduced. Cubes dispersed. First to PM me to place it on button when button appears wins an item. This day: 1 button, 3 people given cubes (Autumn, hoops, Pass) Winner Autumn.
Day 5: Happiness Day. Inverse Lynch; 7 Cubes Dispersed, 3 buttons (split to 2 and 1) Winners: Simbo (who I think was waiting around the whole day just to use the cube ), bhlloy (who won the blue portal gun), and Packers.
Day 6: 1 Cube Dispersed, 3 buttons. Only 1 person and they got to choose their prize based on the button push. Winner: britrock
Day 7: High Energy Particle (Instant Kill ability at night). WInner: Kwhit.
Day 8: The Purple core drops. (Can give the item to anyone. If they are found compatible they might get their actions halted. Their was a chance of failure and it counted as a scan. This would keep passing until used. One use.) Winner: Raiders

Wovles:
Barkeep - GLados the Brutal Wolf
Simbo - Yellow timid corrupt core - Received a head as button gift making him a Cunning Wolf
Narcizo - Red angry corrupted core
Pass - Blue Boring data corrupted core
tyketime - turret

Chell - the seer - DV
Companion cube that dropped - the bodyguard, could guard people by blocking nightkills, even on self. Could not guard the same person back to back nights - Ragone

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-15-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #1568
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Yea, i was made bodyguard on day 2..
Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #1569
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You guys also lucked out having CF as the moderator, one of the few that people could almost believe he'd pull something wacky on us. When I first saw the game going up I thought it might be something off the wall, so there was that little seed of doubt that might not have existed in another game.

Still just amazing that we never had one of these guys in our targets. Makes up for the games where all the wolves somehow end up in the vote on day two.

This was actually I think the most plain game I think I've run thus far except for happiness chamber. I mnean the seer was lynched second. Granted I"ll let people believe what they want to believe but sure you have to believe your own eyes unless it was just a bad game design. I would tell you if there were things you had to do BESIDES vote for other people. (other mechanics etc). Although I've come to the conclusion that putting really BIG game mechanics on a single item given to one preson doesn't work bgecause if they go inactive for any reason, that mechanic is out of the game. Didn't really do that here tho.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-15-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #1570
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pass I really don't know how you do it. You pull that switcheroo at the last minute stuff in every game I"ve seen you play and people get mad at you and then forget about you totally. I don't know how you do it.
Are you Satan? a vampire? a jedi?

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #1571
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I really thought i was putting myself way to far out there.. i was waiting for a lynch me day to come.. would have had to reveal as bg and say i already protected myself the day before to buy another day for the village.

But it never came about.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #1572
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Portal guns:
Blue portal gun - gives the bearer a +1 vote.

Blue AND ORange Portal gun - Each MAY get an extra vote. However as votes change and unchange during the day, the person with the LAST vote put down gets the +1 vote.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #1573
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay now, go sign up for EagleFan's game. It's open for business.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #1574
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Pass I really don't know how you do it. You pull that switcheroo at the last minute stuff in every game I"ve seen you play and people get mad at you and then forget about you totally. I don't know how you do it.
Are you Satan? a vampire? a jedi?

I honestly don't know, either. I think I started doing it to shake things up, and as a way to prevent myself from being night-killed, but by now, people just expect it from me? I did think it was odd how much heat bhlloy was getting for pretty much pulling the exact same move that I did, at the exact same time, and I wasn't getting any. But I guess it goes to show that it's a move that either a wolf or a villager could make?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #1575
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I honestly don't know, either. I think I started doing it to shake things up, and as a way to prevent myself from being night-killed, but by now, people just expect it from me? I did think it was odd how much heat bhlloy was getting for pretty much pulling the exact same move that I did, at the exact same time, and I wasn't getting any. But I guess it goes to show that it's a move that either a wolf or a villager could make?

other people do it too. Lathum. Autumn, etc. But they only do it when there is a tie to make it UNtied. YOu do it just to "shake things up" and then you claim "oops sorry" and you get away with it
makes me laugh every time.

Oh yeah, what is it about my games that you guys always want to tie up the vote. makes more work and confusion for me

And oh yeah yeah, I am very sad and disappointed in Pass and bhlloy for spoiling my writeup with your last minute vote switches. Autumn was getting ready to bamboozle the vote and be saved. HE actually used his leg thingees. It was awesome, then you guys switched things.

(It was vill-vill so ofcuorse it didn't matter to the game...just to the fun )

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #1576
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
other people do it too. Lathum. Autumn, etc. But they only do it when there is a tie to make it UNtied. YOu do it just to "shake things up" and then you claim "oops sorry" and you get away with it
makes me laugh every time.

Oh yeah, what is it about my games that you guys always want to tie up the vote. makes more work and confusion for me

And oh yeah yeah, I am very sad and disappointed in Pass and bhlloy for spoiling my writeup with your last minute vote switches. Autumn was getting ready to bamboozle the vote and be saved. HE actually used his leg thingees. It was awesome, then you guys switched things.

(It was vill-vill so ofcuorse it didn't matter to the game...just to the fun )

I think it's just that my actions generally get dismissed as "stupid, but probably not wolfy I guess"

Sorry about Autumn! That could have been fun to see all the teeth-gnashing if he had survived even though he had more votes.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #1577
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Again, great job to the wolves. Great job to the new players who all stayed active and kept at it and really it was just a weird set of circumstances I think. Was happy with the acitivity level .
Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #1578
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I think it's just that my actions generally get dismissed as "stupid, but probably not wolfy I guess"

Sorry about Autumn! That could have been fun to see all the teeth-gnashing if he had survived even though he had more votes.

the next day Autumn pile-on would have been classic.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #1579
britrock88
Pro Starter

I feel even better about not wanting to break the Day 2 tie based on Day 1's voting.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #1580
Ragone
Pro Rookie

So most of the villagers probably thought i was a wolf.. and the wolves thought i was some kinda cultist.. a role i assume means i wanna be a wolf and know who they are, but cannot communicate with them, and they don't know of me..
Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #1581
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ah well, guess i can go to bed and not try and figure out who to protect tomorrow heh
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #1582
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Very cool game - well played one and all ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #1583
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

By the way barkeep. I went and looked at Spawn. I can't believe you subjected ANY new players to that hahahaha. I couldn't figure it out myself
Marc you started in that game? wow
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #1584
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

We really did have an excellent team, and we got really lucky with the lynch targets selected, we didn't have to force anything- the only time a wolf got more than 1 vote was Narcizo the last day I think. GG fellow wolves!
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #1585
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yeah, we had a lot of luck - we never really felt pressured and if you're not pressured then you don't tend to make mistakes. Getting the seer really helps because it means you don't have to take allowances for what might happen if you're scanned.

If I was to critique anything about the village play, looking from the outside, it's that all the votes became a two-horse race far too quickly. I think day four also showed that it's vital for a villager to get a counter-candidate going against a runaway vote winner. No matter how obvious it seems that someone is guilty you have to have other people in the race.

As Hoops suggested I was pretty much expecting to get heat after we'd killed Hoops and Jag - particularly after the happy vote which put Barkeep and me high up on the trusted list. But I think a sense of fatality had set into the village by then, I know I would probably be losing faith by that stage were I a villager.

Very well played by the other wolves - it was a pleasure working with you. When I saw that Barkeep and Pass were on the team I thought we had a good chance. But tyke and simbo played very well as well. I actually thought that they had converted me at first, until Barkeep said he'd been a villager on day one as well.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #1586
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

A very nice job by the wolves I thought. A number of you got trusted and were able to lead the voting towards villager candidates without picking up any heat, which sounds to me like skillful play moreso than luck.

I really enjoyed playing the newer players as well. As others said this was a very active game and they contributed a lot to that.

Thanks Crimson.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #1587
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
By the way barkeep. I went and looked at Spawn. I can't believe you subjected ANY new players to that hahahaha. I couldn't figure it out myself
There are ton of moving parts but for any given player they only have a small range of options so it's not TOO bad. All that choice though does mean there's fun to be had...
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #1588
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

I survived about ten minutes as I recall
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #1589
Autumn
Head Coach

I was surprised how discouraged the group got at not finding a wolf early. It didn't seem that unusual at all to me to not lynch a wolf by day four or five. Worrisome, yes, but it's hard to find wolves early. We needed to put more pressure on more people, as someone said above, instead of two-horse races every day.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #1590
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, exactly. We need to take a deep breath and step back and not let the mob mentality take over. That and recognize that just because somebody was a runner up the day before doesn't mean they must be a wolf and up for lunch today. Way, way too many people in this game never had to say anything of substance and flew under the radar the whole time
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #1591
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

At the end, I was asking why BK was still alive.

I am curious as to why I was NK'ed. I really didn't have a clue. I think I had three wolves on my happy list.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #1592
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
At the end, I was asking why BK was still alive.

I am curious as to why I was NK'ed. I really didn't have a clue. I think I had three wolves on my happy list.

If you look back, everyone had wolves on their happy list. The only one who didn't have any was MV I think, which is why I voted for him -- when I made my list, I wanted to make sure everyone had SOME kind of tie to a wolf, either voting for a wolf, or having a wolf vote for him, and MV was the only one who fit that.

We were pretty excited about the happy list, since it provided a road map of who was the most trusted, so we could kill them. However, Narc and BK were on top of that list. The bottom of the list had suspects that we didn't want to kill because we expected they were good lynch candidates, as well as me, Simbo, and tyke, so we didn't want to go there. So we looked at people in the imddle.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #1593
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The happiness list is a very good example why it is important for as many people as possible to keep track of information and totals. The wolves were updating their own list every hour and it was helpi8ng them decide who to vote for. Excellent work on that btw britrock! The more people keep track of vote totals and such, the harder it is for people like Narcizo to gain trust simply by doing that

And Marc V was going to be the lynch for the longest time GE. But then by the end of it, the top 3 were Narc, bark, and Marc (HA!). So if they killed Marc that would put a target on both Narc and Bark. SO they went down a few pegs. That day was kind of the start of NK scrambling as who was chosen was frequently picked out of a hat from that point on.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #1594
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And I guess Marc V moving up was partially my fault, since I gave him 5 points. Sorry, wolves -- I guess I should have decided that I was going to do that before, so I could have let you know. I felt bad that I wasn't as able to join in on the PMs as much some days, but I figured you guys had a good handle on things, and I had no night-kill opinions myself most of the time.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #1595
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Really, with the seer gone there were a lot of benefits to choosing the less likely targets on the nightkills. Little chance of getting stopped by the bodyguard, no breadcrumbs to leave for the town. That's probably as good of a game as I've seen run by a scum group, you guys are good here!
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #1596
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah, when DV died the only thing he would have been able to tell you was that GOlden Eagle was cleared (who he scanned). So someone else would have been lynched (Packer?) and then DV would have been NKed anyway if Ragone wasn't around to save him . (Not sure he was).

So I really don't see that as being too much of a change of how the rest of the game turned out. Incidently that continues our streak of lynching the person that announces in thread that they have to leave and won't be back before deadline.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #1597
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Just remembering this.

This vote was HUGE.

Raiders Army 8 - JaCkAl JaG NaRcIzO RaGoNe McKeRnEy BaRkEeP PaSsAcAgLiA britrock
Jackal 9 - HoOpSgUy PaCkErFaN AuTuMn GoLdEnEaGlE TyKeTiMe KwHiT DaRtH RaIdErS BhLlOy

That was the "day 1" vote. (The first voteoff day). 4 out of 5 wolves happened to me on the person that lost. That is so huge as most people tend to concentrate on whoever takes out the first villager at least for a couple days.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #1598
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Great game wolves. You nailed it. Sorry Ragone for going after you. I just felt as if you were a baddie.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #1599
Ragone
Pro Rookie

man ra, i really thought you were gonna force me to have to reveal at some point..

its okay though. i had to play a fine line to hide my role, which was apparently about the only thing i did right heh.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #1600
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

The wolves did a really good job of confusing the hell out of us...and I did a piss poor of being around much at all :-/ Sorry guys.

Fantastic game though, CF.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote