Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-31-2009, 06:37 PM   #1501
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Slowly coming around to the thinking that this team was not who I thought it was, and they probably had a way low BAIBP which lead to unnatural ERA+

Basically LeBron cannot mask the fact that we lack legit talent and need offensive upgrades at the PF and SG spots. The Bench would be far better with Varejao and West as key contributors.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #1502
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's hard to think of a better example of why I don't follow the NBA beyond idle curiosity than a Lakers-Magic final.

A team led by an adultering possible rapist against a team led by a pot-smoking thug who wouldn't stand up for the national anthem "because he's black".

Somehow I'm pretty sure this illustrates why & how I'm not connecting to the NBA.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #1503
stevew
Hall Of Famer

lol.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #1504
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I wanted the Celts to win. Failing that I was rooting for Lebron. Failing that, I really don't give a shit.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #1505
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It's hard to think of a better example of why I don't follow the NBA beyond idle curiosity than a Lakers-Magic final.

A team led by an adultering possible rapist against a team led by a pot-smoking thug who wouldn't stand up for the national anthem "because he's black".

Somehow I'm pretty sure this illustrates why & how I'm not connecting to the NBA.

Josh Howard does not play for the Orlando Magic.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #1506
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
against a team led by a pot-smoking thug who wouldn't stand up for the national anthem "because he's black".

Googled "orlando magic stand national anthem" and got nothing. Help please.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #1507
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

methinx Jon got his Howard's mixed-up
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 PM   #1508
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hi Rip van Jon. Welcome to 2009. Feel free to do a Google search of the years 2005-2008 to find out what's been going on.

BTW, I HIGHLY recommend you start with a search on the name JOSH Howard.

Ciao.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:02 PM   #1509
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Eh, I'm sure they all look the same anyway.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:02 PM   #1510
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, what's that line about better to be quiet and thought a fool, rather than to speak and remove all doubt? Seems fitting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-31-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #1511
miami_fan
Coordinator

Given Dwight Howard's GA backgroun.d and all that he represents, it would be much better to for Jon to google Dwight Howard. He might actually be proud of him. Or maybe not
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:12 PM   #1512
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

They all look alike anyways... sounding alike is only natural too!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #1513
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

Everyone who plays basketball is black.

Fixed that for ya :P
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #1514
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You know, I'm down with ripping Jon for the Howard mixup, but, really (and maybe I'm just being too sensitive), but I think we should lay off on the jokes that basically label Jon as a racist.

IMO of Jon over the years, really, when it comes to Jon disliking this or that, he's really pretty equal opportunity. He'll hate on anyone, white or black or mauve.

Are there racists here at FOFC? Probably. Cuts both ways. Is Jon certainly a conservative, white male from the Deep South. Absolutely. Has Jon said assheaded things on more than one occasion. Without question.

But I don't recall saying anything that I could specifically say was clearly racist. Of a conservative nature? Sure. Racist? I might have missed it.

So (assuming I didn't miss it), I think we should stick with ripping Jon on his lack of NBA awareness and leave out the race jokes.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #1515
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Thanks for policing us, Chief.

Lord knows what we'd get into without ya.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 05-31-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #1516
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You know, I'm down with ripping Jon for the Howard mixup, but, really (and maybe I'm just being too sensitive), but I think we should lay off on the jokes that basically label Jon as a racist.

IMO of Jon over the years, really, when it comes to Jon disliking this or that, he's really pretty equal opportunity. He'll hate on anyone, white or black or mauve.

Are there racists here at FOFC? Probably. Cuts both ways. Is Jon certainly a conservative, white male from the Deep South. Absolutely. Has Jon said assheaded things on more than one occasion. Without question.

But I don't recall saying anything that I could specifically say was clearly racist. Of a conservative nature? Sure. Racist? I might have missed it.

So (assuming I didn't miss it), I think we should stick with ripping Jon on his lack of NBA awareness and leave out the race jokes.

FWIW I agree.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #1517
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Thanks for policing us, Chief.

Lord knows what we'd get into without ya.

Police, my ass.

I got no powers but the written word, and I am as much of a posting dumbass as anyone. You guys do what you will. I just figured maybe we're pushing the line abit there, and thought someone should say something.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #1518
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Rather than go post by post on what I realized a little while ago elsewhere (and came here to correct as well) I'll just confirm your observation.

What can I tell you, as I said I follow the league idly at most. In this instance, the phrase "can't tell one from another" isn't a racial thing, it's a league thing. Odds are you could probably come up with 10 players from roster spots 10-14 across the league that I'd misidentify by race.

But on that basis whatever beatings I take for this one I fully deserve, that's just the flat truth.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #1519
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rather than go post by post on what I realized a little while ago elsewhere (and came here to correct as well) I'll just confirm your observation.

What can I tell you, as I said I follow the league idly at most. In this instance, the phrase "can't tell one from another" isn't a racial thing, it's a league thing. Odds are you could probably come up with 10 players from roster spots 10-14 across the league that I'd misidentify by race.

But on that basis whatever beatings I take for this one I fully deserve, that's just the flat truth.

no beatings here. i agree. except for the guys with obvious names
Old 05-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #1520
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, everyone's jumping on Jon for getting the wrong guy on the Magic, but nobody is going mention the fact that he basically called Pau Gasol a rapist? I know he looks shady, but let's at least get the facts straight.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #1521
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

If we can't label people racist on this board anymore, I think we may as well all just stop coming. Next thing you'll tell me we can't go straight to Hitler comparisons or something.

Wait, what I meant to say is: Lighten up, Francis
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 AM   #1522
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
If we can't label people racist on this board anymore, I think we may as well all just stop coming. Next thing you'll tell me we can't go straight to Hitler comparisons or something.

Wait, what I meant to say is: Lighten up, Francis

Hey, if they're being racist, go for it. If they're not, though, I don't think we should be calling them that. I doubt you would say that to Jon's face without more evidence to back it up here, would you?

Stay classy.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #1523
Groundhog
Coordinator

There is early talk about Jameer Nelson possibly making a comeback for the finals.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:17 AM   #1524
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

If he does, will he even be relevant, considering the long layoff?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #1525
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Ok, everyone's jumping on Jon for getting the wrong guy on the Magic, but nobody is going mention the fact that he basically called Pau Gasol a rapist? I know he looks shady, but let's at least get the facts straight.

i should turn on my mic and record my brother and me watching the next lakers game. it's a nonstop stream of "rapist" this and "awww pau does your vagina hurt?" that. Pretty classy and classic.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #1526
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
1) Try and trade for Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire. I don't think they have the pieces to grab Bosh but Stoudamire will probably be available for relatively cheap. It would require committing long term to Amare which isn't a good thing, but it could mean a title or two for Cleveland. The problem with this move is that if it doesn't work out and Lebron bolts, you have a bad contract on the books.

Bosh - not gonna happen. Even with Amare what do you trade? You need about $13 million in salary to trade for him plus something the Suns actually want in the deal. On top of that Amare can opt out the same year Lebron can. They have the salary in Ben Wallace (although Ben is now talking retirement so I don't know how that affects being able to trade his cap number) but what do you offer? Are you willing to give up Hickson? I would think Phoenix could get something better and what happens if he bolts after a year? Or what happens if you sign both him and Varejao to long term deals and Lebron bolts?

Quote:
2) Grab a guy who can create mismatches and won't completely break the bank. Two guys come to mind. Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion. With the current economic situation in the NBA, I think both could be had for the mid-level exception (well Odom should be). The other would be Wallace who would be a perfect fit on the Cavs gameplay wise, but don't know if he'd really mesh well with Lebron. Wallace likes to take games off and Lebron doesn't. Does Lebron have the ability to tame Wallace like Jordan did with Rodman?

Its funny because I suggested Marion to a friend of mine the other day. He fits exactly what the Cavs lack. He's a good defender and is capable of playing and defending the perimeter - I like the Cavs chances against a team like Orlando with Mo on Jameer/Rafer, Delonte against Lee, Lebron against Hedo, Marion against Lewis and Z against Howard with Varejao off the bench. Against a more conventional lineup you could slide West to the bench and play Lebron at 2 and Marion at 3 if you wanted. I think the last person you want is Rasheed. If you plan on keeping Lebron in town the last thing you need is Sheed poisoning the water hole so to speak. I look back at what happened in Detroit and I can't help but think that Rip and Tayshaun took their cues on whining, complaining and especially in Rip's case racking up Ts from Rasheed. Don't get me wrong, without Rasheed we probably don't win that title but I think renting him for a couple of months as a hired gun can work - anything longer and forget it - he's not the kind of guy who's going to take a backseat though and do you really want to throw the task of reigning him in on Lebron with the current contract situation?

Quote:
3) Take a major risk on an unorthodox guy that could change they dynamic of the team. Lets take Ben Gordon for example. You can now play a drive and kick game with Lebron kicking to Gordon or Williams. Gordon is one of the best pure shooters in the game and could flourish in a fast paced system that would see him getting a ton of open shots. Lebron needs a guy who can put up points for the team when he's on the bench. It'd be a huge risk, but imagine how tough it would be to defend that lineup. Two legitimate 3-point shooters and Lebron going to the hole.

Gordon would be a great fit but he's not signing for the MLE. He wants major money and will get it from somebody so unless they work a sign and trade with Chicago there's no way to do it. Chicago might go for that if they feel they don't want to pay him what he wants but would Cleveland want to committ themselves to being a luxury tax type team? You know Lebron's getting the max - Gordon would certainly be looking for something at least 10-12 million per, Mo is signed on for 9 million per and you're going to be resigning Varejao. That would be four players for 40-45 million plus the 9 million owed for the West/Gibson combo and do you resign Z when his contract is up in a year?

If I'm Cleveland I fire Mike Brown immediately, break the bank for someone like Jeff Van Gundy and go after Marion with the MLE. I would also try to use Ben Wallace's contract to make a deal. In fact I would target Kevin Martin from Sacramento. The Kings are in total rebuild mode now and the franchise is struggling financially. Offer JJ Hickson and a 1st round pick with Wallace for Martin and be willing to take Udrih's contract too. That would leave the Kings in a much better financial spot and give the Cavs some immediate scoring help from Martin and some needed athleticism from Marion. It puts them in cap hell but Lebron certainly would have plenty around him.

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 06-01-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #1527
RainMaker
General Manager

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating how bad the financial system in the league is right now. 25 of the 30 teams will have lost money this year, many teams in upwards of $50 million. Season ticket renewal rates are down a ton. Even a team like the Bulls that typically average a 95% renewal rate and have a ton of promise for the future are seeing it drop to the low 80's. A few teams will be losing half their season ticket holders this year.

Essentially what you're going to have this offseason is 25 teams trying to cut payroll and 5 teams adding to it. The salary cap is not going to go up this year and will probably even go down in 2010. You have a gigantic free agency class in 2010 as well as a collective bargaining agreement that needs to be re-done and leaves a ton of uncertainty amongst teams (we could see a major overhaul like with what we saw in the NHL).

I just don't see teams jumping to offer Ben Gordon a 6-year, 65 million dollar deal when he is undersized and can't defend anyone. Or a Lamar Odom who has his flaws and is hitting 30 with close to 700 games under his belt. Teams are getting much smarter with contracts and you just aren't going to see this stuff go down anymore under this economic climate.

Even if there is a fit for a guy, there isn't going to be much competition to sign them that it helps drive up the price.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #1528
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hey, if they're being racist, go for it. If they're not, though, I don't think we should be calling them that. I doubt you would say that to Jon's face without more evidence to back it up here, would you?

Stay classy.

Actually I might, because I was joking, and I tend to not hold back with jokes. The fact that he wasn't being overtly racist is what makes it funny.

Ah whatever, I always forget how PC some people can be. God forbid we poke fun at each other on the internet.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #1529
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually I might, because I was joking, and I tend to not hold back with jokes. The fact that he wasn't being overtly racist is what makes it funny.

Ah whatever, I always forget how PC some people can be. God forbid we poke fun at each other on the internet.

And I always forget how unapologetic people hide behind "joking" when they insult people. I guess we're all so forgetful today!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #1530
Kodos
Resident Alien

Gotta say, outside of my usual interest in the Lakers being denied championships, my interest in the Finals is extremely low. I don't think I can name ANYONE on the Magic. I was rooting for Lebron and the Cavs, but now I am having trouble mustering much interest.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #1531
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Gotta say, outside of my usual interest in the Lakers being denied championships, my interest in the Finals is extremely low. I don't think I can name ANYONE on the Magic. I was rooting for Lebron and the Cavs, but now I am having trouble mustering much interest.

Rashard Lewis? Hedo Turkoglou?

Dwight Howard (the pride of Southwest Atlanta Christian High School)?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #1532
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've heard of Turkoglou. Woot!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #1533
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
And I always forget how unapologetic people hide behind "joking" when they insult people. I guess we're all so forgetful today!

1) A statement can be a joke and yet cause one to feel insulted at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive. It usually depends on a persons sense of humour. I suggest you attempt to acquire one (oh snap!).

2) I feel I have nothing to apologize for, so yes, I'm unapologetic. Umm, point for you? I don't know how this is scored.

3) I'm not hiding from anything. See above.

Can we move on now? Or do you want to lecture me some more? Maybe we should start calling you Chief Mum.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #1534
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I've heard of Turkoglou. Woot!

Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #1535
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
There is early talk about Jameer Nelson possibly making a comeback for the finals.

It's worth a shot. If he does better than Johnson or Alston he'll get minutes, if he's too far off the pace they can just stick with what's gotten them to the finals.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #1536
RainMaker
General Manager

The Lakers can't stop Nelson so him being able to play even at 80% is a huge plus. Alston though is a little quicker than Nelson I believe so he may pose more of a threat. The achilles heel of the Lakers is quick guards.

Last edited by RainMaker : 06-01-2009 at 04:19 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #1537
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
If I'm Cleveland I fire Mike Brown immediately, break the bank for someone like Jeff Van Gundy and go after Marion with the MLE. I would also try to use Ben Wallace's contract to make a deal. In fact I would target Kevin Martin from Sacramento. The Kings are in total rebuild mode now and the franchise is struggling financially. Offer JJ Hickson and a 1st round pick with Wallace for Martin and be willing to take Udrih's contract too. That would leave the Kings in a much better financial spot and give the Cavs some immediate scoring help from Martin and some needed athleticism from Marion. It puts them in cap hell but Lebron certainly would have plenty around him.

I agree with the signing Marion part. I'm not too keen on Martin though.

I'm firing Brown, signing Marion, trading Ben Wallace for Elton Brand, and then moving Gibson, Hickson and Pavlovic(mostly non guaranteed deal) to the Bucks for Redd.

Sure that's all injury catastrophe waiting to happen. But it's not my money.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #1538
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought Rafer Alston was the pot smoking thug Jon was referring to.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #1539
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I agree with the signing Marion part. I'm not too keen on Martin though.

I'm firing Brown, signing Marion, trading Ben Wallace for Elton Brand, and then moving Gibson, Hickson and Pavlovic(mostly non guaranteed deal) to the Bucks for Redd.

Sure that's all injury catastrophe waiting to happen. But it's not my money.

Martin has one skill and that's scoring. He's not a franchise player but if he doesn't have to be anything but the #2 scorer I can see him thriving there. I don't like a trade for Brand at all - thats a HUGE contract and with his injury history I don't like it. Also they wouldn't be able to do to trades - Wallace is the only real salary they can move and if he's going to retire teams would love to take his expiring contract and buy him out cheap so that's a good trade piece but it's the only major salary they have to trade. I think if they sign Marion then they should trade for a guard. Redd's a fine fit - pretty much the same kind of player as Martin. I like that move as well especially Redd is an OSU grad.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #1540
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1) A statement can be a joke and yet cause one to feel insulted at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive. It usually depends on a persons sense of humour. I suggest you attempt to acquire one (oh snap!).

2) I feel I have nothing to apologize for, so yes, I'm unapologetic. Umm, point for you? I don't know how this is scored.

3) I'm not hiding from anything. See above.

Can we move on now? Or do you want to lecture me some more? Maybe we should start calling you Chief Mum.

You're right, you're not hiding from anything, you are quite publically an asshole. Cool, glad we got that straight.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #1541
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Martin has one skill and that's scoring. He's not a franchise player but if he doesn't have to be anything but the #2 scorer I can see him thriving there. I don't like a trade for Brand at all - thats a HUGE contract and with his injury history I don't like it. Also they wouldn't be able to do to trades - Wallace is the only real salary they can move and if he's going to retire teams would love to take his expiring contract and buy him out cheap so that's a good trade piece but it's the only major salary they have to trade. I think if they sign Marion then they should trade for a guard. Redd's a fine fit - pretty much the same kind of player as Martin. I like that move as well especially Redd is an OSU grad.

Pavs is signed for near the league average with about a mil guarateed. In theory that's a good chip.

I can see both sides of Brand. I'm for rolling the dice if it is just money.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #1542
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder how much cash Gilbert is going to be willing to spend. I have no idea how The Rock Financial or quicken loans are doing though. We had a top 5 payroll and next year will be higher. I love Andy but I hope they tell him to walk if he wants 10M.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #1543
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
You're right, you're not hiding from anything, you are quite publically an asshole. Cool, glad we got that straight.

Sweet, not only did I get another lecture, you decided to call me a dirty word to boot! I feel so scolded! Do it again, do it again!!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #1544
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
I wonder how much cash Gilbert is going to be willing to spend. I have no idea how The Rock Financial or quicken loans are doing though. We had a top 5 payroll and next year will be higher. I love Andy but I hope they tell him to walk if he wants 10M.

His business is doing well - its actually growing. They didn't have many bad mortgages on the books...they had already sold most of them to the banks. Plus he's got the Chinese investors now too so that means a pile of cash and Yi Jianlian will be coming to the Cavs
Old 06-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #1545
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sweet, not only did I get another lecture, you decided to call me a dirty word to boot! I feel so scolded! Do it again, do it again!!

Asshole.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #1546
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Marion's pretty washed up. He's been traded 3 times in 2 seasons and was basically an expiring contract in Toronto (with no sniff of an extension from the Raps). But, he could certainly be had for the MLE if Cleveland wants.

Word around Phoenix is that the Shaq for Wallace plus spare parts deal may come back (the rumored deal is Shaq for Wallace+Sasha+ a pick). It saves the Suns around $3 million and gets the Cavs a low post scorer. That's about the closest thing to a bigtime deal I can see Cleveland getting.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #1547
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Asshole.

*sniff*... shut up... just shut up.
You had me at 'ass'.
*sniff*
You had me at 'ass'!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #1548
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
*sniff*... shut up... just shut up.
You had me at 'ass'.
*sniff*
You had me at 'ass'!

Back to hiding you go then. No surprise.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #1549
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking that wally will be the beneficiary of a "accept this sign and trade for way more money than your worth" trade. I believe the first year is the only thing that has to be guaranteed. And the team getting him could have the second year partially guaranteed. Which makes him a huge chip in the 2010 offseason.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #1550
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm thinking that wally will be the beneficiary of a "accept this sign and trade for way more money than your worth" trade. I believe the first year is the only thing that has to be guaranteed. And the team getting him could have the second year partially guaranteed. Which makes him a huge chip in the 2010 offseason.

I think you're dreaming a little, steve. I don't think anyone will be willing to give a player like Szerbiak (sp) any decent money, even over just two years. And certainly not trade anything decent for him to get the chance to do it. Only way would be if someone was so overloaded contract-wise that a team was desperate to get rid of him.

Say...want Zach Randolph?