Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #1501
KWhit
Coordinator

Yep. Should give you guys something to discuss.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #1502
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
That is nonsensical in the context of what just happened. I'm not trying to be insulting, the only way it makes sense if you wanted to save Alan T.

I don't know anything about Alan T or RPI-Fan. Ultimately, I went on a gut instinct. If Kwhit had bothered to reveal his role sooner, I would have had time to reason things out more clearly.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #1503
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I viewed Desnudo and I saw an incomplete picture. He seemed sad and it seemed like he was planning something. That is all.
Hmm... vigilante? Or ninja?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #1504
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
You suddenly spoke up out of self-preservation. That makes me more suspicious of you.

Before I started talking, in all likelihood, I was going to live.

I put my ass on the line for tomorrow, and it looks like I was right, and yet you still are saying I am more likely bad than Alan T.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #1505
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know anything about Alan T or RPI-Fan. Ultimately, I went on a gut instinct. If Kwhit had bothered to reveal his role sooner, I would have had time to reason things out more clearly.

Please. Excuse me for trying to avoid death by ninjas and revealing my role before I had found anything useful.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #1506
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Hmm... vigilante? Or ninja?

Or neither.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #1507
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Well, sudden or not, it's hard to blame anyone for speaking up out of self-preservation. He's supposed to just sit there and get lynched? I mean, I know that getting yourself killed by Chuck Norris is a great honor and all, but it's still a little extreme.

I agree, I don't hold against Alan T his switch.

However, I do feel stronger about him being a ninja, than anyone else right now for numerous other reasons.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #1508
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Also: I like KWhit's play. I would have behaved the same way in his position, I think.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #1509
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

after I call you out on your strategy you suddenly feel the need to change your vote so it doesn't appear you are hiding.

Am I the only one who smells a load of crap here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original vote text
Well, I still think Lathum is ninjaish, so will place my vote on him for now, if only as a placeholder incase I miss the deadline which I may well do as I'm not sure if I can stay around much longer. However I think RPI is most definitley suspicious, as is Mustang to a certain degree. Hell, it seems everyone in this damn game is suspiciuous...

If 'm still here and anything 'interesting' happens/convincing arguments put forward I may well change this vote.

Vote Lathum

As I said, it was a placeholder vote more than anything, because I didn't know if I'd be here at the deadline and didn't want to get accused of avoiding voting completely. Also I said it was very much subject to change as things unfolded, and guess what things did unfold so I moved to KWhit. Funny how that happens.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #1510
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think Blade is right and Alan T is a smart Samurai. He offered some good early insights on Blade's role. Shrug, Tanglewood also thought you were the right choice RPI-Fan. I wish I had more time to reason everything through, but I made a snap decision as the deadline called for it. Again, if Kwhit had spoken up sooner, I would have had more time to reason things through. I apologize to my fellow Samurai if my vote sent you to face Chuck's awesome might and you are a Samurai, RPI-Fan.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #1511
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I agree, I don't hold against Alan T his switch.

However, I do feel stronger about him being a ninja, than anyone else right now for numerous other reasons.

Yes, the problem is the who did the voting. All the supposed "good guys" were piled on KWhit.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #1512
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
As I said, it was a placeholder vote more than anything, because I didn't know if I'd be here at the deadline and didn't want to get accused of avoiding voting completely. Also I said it was very much subject to change as things unfolded, and guess what things did unfold so I moved to KWhit. Funny how that happens.
seems to convienient to me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #1513
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please. Excuse me for trying to avoid death by ninjas and revealing my role before I had found anything useful.

I understand your reasoning and am not blaming you. However, I'm just saying I had a split second to make a decision. I apologize if I made the wrong guess.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #1514
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Also: I like KWhit's play. I would have behaved the same way in his position, I think.

Thanks. It was a weird position to be in with the vote so close. I started dropping little subtle hints a while back and then had to get more and more obvious when no one picked up on things like, "Can't you see what you're doing?"

What can I say? Self-preservation is a powerful thing.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #1515
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand your reasoning and am not blaming you. However, I'm just saying I had a split second to make a decision. I apologize if I made the wrong guess.

I thought you were criticising. No worries, mate.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #1516
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks. It was a weird position to be in with the vote so close. I started dropping little subtle hints a while back and then had to get more and more obvious when no one picked up on things like, "Can't you see what you're doing?"

What can I say? Self-preservation is a powerful thing.

I dont blame you for not saying anything there. You're dead either way unfortunatly. With no bodyguard, its just a matter of time. either lynch or night time. Have fun tommorrow Tanglewood!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #1517
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
seems to convienient to me
and awfully convenient as well that he was in the thread the whole time after kwhits reveal (as were a bunch of others)and kept his vote on .
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #1518
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I dont blame you for not saying anything there. You're dead either way unfortunatly. With no bodyguard, its just a matter of time. either lynch or night time. Have fun tommorrow Tanglewood!

oh and Eaglesfan! You two should be having a blast
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #1519
KWhit
Coordinator

Tonight has already given you guys plenty to discuss tomorrow.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #1520
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tonight has already given you guys plenty to discuss tomorrow.

Tommorrow I think our first two targets have to be Eaglesfan and Tanglewood. To analyze their prior votes.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #1521
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Crap.. looks like I picked a bad time to finish eating. Did NOT expect this turn.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #1522
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Tommorrow I think our first two targets have to be Eaglesfan and Tanglewood. To analyze their prior votes.

Would you mind explaning exactly why you aren't at the top of the chopping block with them?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #1523
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would you mind explaning exactly why you aren't at the top of the chopping block with them?

Well, my vote at least had a reason to it, where theirs didnt, at least that I could see.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #1524
KWhit
Coordinator

Check out Desnudo too. I scanned him last night and he had sadness and frustration but he was anticipating a special event during today's cycle.

FWIW....
Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #1525
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
was wondering that myself...i know exactly where my vote is going if i live through the night...same place as today and yesterday.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #1526
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
and awfully convenient as well that he was in the thread the whole time after kwhits reveal (as were a bunch of others)and kept his vote on .

Well I switched off KWhit as soon as I could as it became apparent he was seer. Also the fact that my name is listed at the bottom as being in the thread does not mean I am physically reading the thread at that moment. For much of the last hour or so I have been multi-tasking, switching back here and refreshing every now and then.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #1527
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Check out Desnudo too. I scanned him last night and he had sadness and frustration but he was anticipating a special event during today's cycle.

FWIW....

Well, thanks for getting me killed tonight.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #1528
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Is voting officially closed? I know Hoops said around 9..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #1529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
this is why I voted for alant and I think he is suspicious.

I bet you can go back and look through his posts and at one point or another has made at least 12 players "targets"

it just seems he is trying to spread alot of names around and cause confusion.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #1530
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang

Yes it is.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #1531
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang

Since he said my switch was too late, I would say yes.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #1532
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, thanks for getting me killed tonight.

Do I need to remind you that your vote was one of the key ones that put the voting virtually out of reach for me? So I had to reveal my role!

Since I'm dying tonight, I thought everyone should know what I saw.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #1533
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Since he said my switch was too late, I would say yes.

Thanks. I missed hoops note.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #1534
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Do I need to remind you that your vote was one of the key ones that put the voting virtually out of reach for me? So I had to reveal my role!

Since I'm dying tonight, I thought everyone should know what I saw.

I'm aware of what transpired. I voted with what I thought were the group of "known villagers." Maybe someone can come forward and say they sensed some of your hints, but I tend to need to smacked with a trout to see things sometimes.

I'll buy you a drink in valhalla or where ever samurai go when they die.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #1535
Desnudo
Coordinator

Of course, did anyone do a last count? Is it KWhit or are we tied, or what?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #1536
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 3 Lynch

The day begins with a funeral pyre and ends with animated discussion with virtually every samurai upset about yet another tied vote. Chuck makes his way down the mountain to face KWhit and Alan T.

"I see we have yet another tie. However, today will end in blood! KWhit, Alan T - which of you should walk away from this battle? Arm yourselves!"

KWhit brings forward a shining samurai blade an is on the offensive. But Alan T is ready for the attack. He stands unarmed and swerves to the side as the katana whistles past his body. Alan T's palm explodes into KWhit's side, staggering him.

The fight is unnerving for the bystanders, as the level of skill shown by both men is truly impressive. There is no way that an unarmed man should be able to hold off a skilled swordsman like KWhit, but he is doing exacty that. Finally, Alan closes on KWhit and drives his knee into KWhit's elbow, sending it into a very awkward position and loosening his grip on his weapon.

KWhit completes his move with a frontal kick to KWhit's chest, sending him flying in the air. KWhit gathers himself, but he is not nearly the measure of Alan T as a hand-to-hand combatant. Alan T grabs KWhit by the throat, holding him suspended in the air for a minute before snapping his neck.

He casts aside the now lifeless KWhit, bows to Chuck, and turns to face the assembled group. With a particularly menacing carved dagger in his hand! He throws it straight at Saldana, who catches it with his throat! Saldana gurgles for a minute, but is dead.

The last thing that Alan T sees is a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris.

"Today's activities have come to an end. The deaths of KWhit and Saldana are tragic, but a blow has been struck to the ninja on this evening. I look forward to continued samurai success tomorrow."

Hoopsguy, sporting a badly swollen jaw, whispers to Chuck. Chuck nods and reports the findings to the assembled samurai.

"A search of the quarters of these men shows that KWhit possessed incense and reams of notes on the human mind. Saldana possessed a number of bar napkins and sheet music for 'Pour Some Sugar on Me'. Alan T had a collection of small weapons similar to the knife you have already witnessed.

Votes:
Alan T (7) - Saldana (1196), Lathum (1198), Coder (1380), RPI (1399), KWhit (1450), Desnudo (1468), Mr. Wednesday (1469)
KWhit (7) - Qwikshot (1205), Blade (1269), Grammaticus (1386), Kingfc (1401), TazFTW (1427), Mustang (1459), Alan T (1477)
RPI (3) - Schmidty (1400), Tanglewood (1470), Eaglesfan (1475)

Night 3 is underway. I will process night actions upon receiving all PMs (or sometime shortly thereafter).

Also, I'm looking to set a permanent deadline for the end of Day cycles at 10PM CST. Let me know if that is a suitable time for the group - I hope that this is a fair compromise for the east/west coast while recognizing that any evening hour isn't very good for the players in the UK.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #1537
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think kwhit won by either 2 or 3 votes. Just going off my head, without looking back for sure
Old 02-01-2006, 09:31 PM   #1538
KWhit
Coordinator

Well that was fun. Alan T, you sonofabitch!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:31 PM   #1539
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I only realized a few minutes after the deadline how bad I fucked up by making it a tie. I'm truly sorry, and I realize this makes me look bad. It was a terrible honest mistake. It would have been a VERY dumb thing to do if I was a ninja. I am not a ninja.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #1540
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well that was fun. Alan T, you sonofabitch!

lol yeah, I had fun. I'll be watching how this goes from here out.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #1541
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Ok, so we've added to the living known villagers list by 1, officially (Coder).

I'd like to think I'm on that list now, too, but I doubt that's the case in everyone else's mind.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #1542
Desnudo
Coordinator

So I guess that means Alan T was the brutal ninja?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #1543
saldana
Pro Starter

.......................................................................................................
Old 02-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #1544
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
.......................................................................................................

Come have a beer with me and Alan T.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #1545
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'd like to think I'm on that list now, too, but I doubt that's the case in everyone else's mind.

You are in my mind. Sorry for voting on ya....

I also think Eaglesfan did an honest mistake. There was very little time to react and I think he just grabbed the first candidate in his mind to clear off KWhit.

Last edited by Mustang : 02-01-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #1546
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

No hard feelings? Next drinks on me
Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #1547
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE Eaglesfan
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #1548
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Ok, my version of the events:

1) KWhit & Alan T tied
2) Tiebreaker is that both die.
3) Alan T is the "brutal ninja", chooses to kill saldana.

NOTE: the order of deaths in hoops' writeup don't necessarily reflect this, but I think this is how it went down.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #1549
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Alan, you tricksy bastard!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #1550
Desnudo
Coordinator

Alan T (7) - Saldana (1196), Lathum (1198), Coder (1380), RPI (1399), KWhit (1450), Desnudo (1468), Mr. Wednesday (1469)

Clear in my mind. Also probably clear is Taz, unless he had a kitchen timer on his desk.