Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #1501
Celeval
Pro Starter

I liked tonights as well.

Did Echo actually say what he was building? I was distracted a bit and missed that point.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #1502
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
I liked tonights as well.

Did Echo actually say what he was building? I was distracted a bit and missed that point.

No but I think it's a church.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #1503
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
I wasn't calling you specifically. (If you were even responding to me) I just get fed up with the posts about how different the show is now. Last season's M.O. is the same as this season's. One character is centrally focused with flashbacks to their life previous to the crash and several side storylines are somewhat advanced. I think all the haters forget the 35 Jack epiosdes last season.

Yeah, I just didn't want to get lumped in w/ some pessimists. I LOVE this show, just personally, tonight was a little slow for me. This is one of the few episodes that has been like that for me though. And who knows, maybe it's just due to the exam week i'm in.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #1504
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
No but I think it's a church.

That was my first thought as well. Wouldn't surprise me, and would end, I think, with some interesting bits with Charlie.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #1505
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
Dola:

Countdown until rexalllsc explains all the negatives of last night's show.

About 10 minutes on the great "Henry Gale" storyline and the rest dedicated to a Hurley backstory which may or may not have much to do with the main plot. Since we don't know, I'll say it was a decent episode...

Last edited by rexallllsc : 04-06-2006 at 01:52 AM.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 AM   #1506
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I thought this was one of the better episodes of the season w/ (**SPOILERS FROM TONIGHT'S SHOW AHEAD, SO STOP IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET**) the imaginary friend angle, the possibility that the entire thing is in one of the character's minds (an internet favorite theory), dealing with mental health/lack of meds for an extended period of time, "Henry" revealing that he let the clock lapse and nothing happens, Hurley going apeshit on Sawyer, and then the Libby revelation at the end.

In fact, now that I think about it, I really liked tonight's episode. It also advanced the Jack/Locke divide, focussed in a little bit more on what Echo is doing (w/ Charlie helping him), and didn't even force us to listen to annoying Claire say anything about "my bay-bee!"

I agree. I liked this episode because of the way it presented the argument that the whole thing is in one of the character's head. I'd be disappointed if that was the end result, but they did an excellent job with it. Plus, we did learn a little more about the others. Hopefully more next week.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:49 AM   #1507
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

for the record, I too think it might be a church.

I thought the Dave thing was great. At first, it looked like it was just going to be another repeat of Jack seeing his father or Kate seeing the horse. But then it turned out pretty cool (even though I realized pretty early who Dave was).

The Libby thing is quite vexxing. She can't be imaginary, because she's interacted with other characters. right? So if she's real, and happened to be in the same loony bin as Hurley, what's the story? How crazy is she? Did anyone catch the look she gave right at the end of their scene on the cliff as they were walking away, right before they cut to the final "money shot"? I replayed it a couple of times because it was very revealing (not knowing that the next scene was going to be what it was anyway).

I will say that the food orgy thing at the beginning was as dumb as anything the show has done. If I was stuck on that island, and I came across the two of them throwing food away, I think I would make them walk the plank.

The thought that this whole thing is just the alternate reality of a crazy guy is just too cool for words
Old 04-06-2006, 07:09 AM   #1508
Samdari
Roster Filler

More Libby = good.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #1509
samifan24
Pro Starter

While I enjoyed last night's episode, several things bother me about the potential direction of this show.

**Potential spoilers below**

It worries me that the writers may be listening to the fans too much. For example, the fans ask why Hugo didn't lose any weight or if the hatch/island has a giant magnet and presto, we get an "answer" in tonight's episode. It almost seems that if the fans are clamoring for an answer to a lingering question, the writers feel obliged to create a direct response a few episodes later.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not upset that the fans have some impact with the writers of the show. I know most shows' writers mostly ignore their fan base. I just don't want the balance of season 2 and the upcoming seasons to be dictated exclusively by the fans, and I feel like tonight's episode had a bit too many answers to fans' questions for my liking.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #1510
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Why didn't sayid follow up with henry gale instead of cutting him off...

Henry Gale: I'm just a.......

Pisses me off that in the process of the interrogation, you wouldn't want to know HG role?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #1511
Swaggs
Coordinator

**Preview From Next Week Spoiler**

Did anyone else see the scene with a close up of "Henry's" face that they flashed for a couple of seconds at the end of the previews? He looked almost wooden and pretty damn creepy.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:08 AM   #1512
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
**Preview From Next Week Spoiler**

Did anyone else see the scene with a close up of "Henry's" face that they flashed for a couple of seconds at the end of the previews? He looked almost wooden and pretty damn creepy.

Well I think the actor Michael Emerson's got creepy down. Keep in mind the guy was in Saw. If you saw the movie (sorry) you know he can play creepy pretty well. His performance in Lost just attests to this.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #1513
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
We actually backed up and freeze-framed it...unbelievably creepy.

The casting on this show is just amazing.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #1514
Swaggs
Coordinator

Was he the orderly in Saw?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:14 AM   #1515
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Was he the orderly in Saw?

Yes.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #1516
rkmsuf
Head Coach

two thumbs up on the episode. well done.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #1517
John Galt
Pro Starter

I liked it too. The next episode looks good. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #1518
Thomkal
Head Coach

I enjoyed the episode. The whole bit with Hurley was lighthearted and then turned into some Wow! moments with his imaginary friend and Libby's revelation. I laughed at several character's comments and the Hurley/Sawyer fight and thought the writing was particularly well done for this episode. It was a nice contrast with the tension over Henry Gale.

Hurley's one of my favorite characters so I'm glad he gets the spotlight from time to time while serving as comic relief most of the other time.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #1519
Subby
lolzcat

Hurley's imaginary friend was played by Cam Edwards.

I'm almost positive.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #1520
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Well I think the actor Michael Emerson's got creepy down. Keep in mind the guy was in Saw. If you saw the movie (sorry) you know he can play creepy pretty well. His performance in Lost just attests to this.
He's creepy and effective, but he reminds me too much of Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects...similar look and line-readings. Still dig him, though...it's good to have a bit of effective menace.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #1521
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

I'm almost positive.

We need to check his Amazon wishlist to see if he needs a new pair of slippers.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #1522
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
He's creepy and effective, but he reminds me too much of Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects...similar look and line-readings. Still dig him, though...it's good to have a bit of effective menace.

funny you should say that. a friend of mind is convinced this guy is a Keyser Soze - the actual ringleader of the Others, pretending to be a lackey.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #1523
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
funny you should say that. a friend of mind is convinced this guy is a Keyser Soze - the actual ringleader of the Others, pretending to be a lackey.

My girlfriend and I have discussed that possibility as well.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #1524
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

I'm almost positive.

Actually I have seen that actor in a guest starring role on the West Wing as a democratic speechwriter as well as in a guest spot on Six Feet Under as a crazy artist who had homeless veterans wipe their asses with an American flag to protest a war. Those are both right up Cam's alley.

Last edited by timmynausea : 04-06-2006 at 03:55 PM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #1525
Pyser
Pro Rookie

henry looks more and more like gollum every week.

especially in that promo for next week.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #1526
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

i've always thought that.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #1527
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i've always thought that.

Me too.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #1528
Daimyo
College Starter

I liked the episode a lot. It was very similar to season 1 episodes IMO.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #1529
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Did anyone catch the look she gave right at the end of their scene on the cliff as they were walking away, right before they cut to the final "money shot"? I replayed it a couple of times because it was very revealing (not knowing that the next scene was going to be what it was anyway).

Same here. It was right after assuring Hurley that he could change, she looked either sad or as if she knew she was lying.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #1530
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

The series had fallen off to the point that I just recorded the past three episodes. I finally watched them last night, and WOW. They are right back on track. Three very good episodes in a row(at least when viewed within a four hour period). The season is redeemed. Not that it was bad before, but my interest had waned a bit.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #1531
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,

Now I'm waiting for the Dallas Shower scene, revealing that the season...errr... series was a dream.

Something like Hurley coming too several pounds lighter, and several months later. Dave will be there, I'm sure.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #1532
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:

The only reason I have doubts about that is that I think I read he only signed on for like 6 or 8 episodes or some such. Of course, nothing says that can't be extended, so anything's possible, or I suppose they could just kill off the ringleader for that matter, too... It's an interesting theory, though, but I think I've just lost enough faith in the writers to come up with something that interesting. Count me in the crowd of those frustrated with loose ends all over the place with no subplots ever wrapped up...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #1533
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Same here. It was right after assuring Hurley that he could change, she looked either sad or as if she knew she was lying.

To me it looked as if there was an evil element, as in "helping this guy feel better about himself is all a part of the master plan." Creepy as hell, and one of the best Lost episodes if not THE best.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #1534
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce
The only reason I have doubts about that is that I think I read he only signed on for like 6 or 8 episodes or some such. Of course, nothing says that can't be extended, so anything's possible, or I suppose they could just kill off the ringleader for that matter, too... It's an interesting theory, though, but I think I've just lost enough faith in the writers to come up with something that interesting. Count me in the crowd of those frustrated with loose ends all over the place with no subplots ever wrapped up...

Can we include actor contract terms in the list of spoilers that we don't discuss in threads like these. I don't want to know who is going to die, or who is more important that others, and discussing contract terms really drops some major hints in these areas.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #1535
SegRat
High School Varsity

Ok lets not talk about lost at all anymore. Or maybe we should only be allowed to talk about previous seasons.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #1536
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat
Ok lets not talk about lost at all anymore. Or maybe we should only be allowed to talk about previous seasons.

Yeah, because that is clearly what I said.

Considering this thread gets most of its traffic from people discussing the most recent episode, is it so terrible to focus the conversation on what happened and what people think will be happening? Spoilers of any kind have always been frowned upon in these threads.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #1537
Anthony
Banned

hey fag, why don't you look at the title of this thread. you might get some insight as to what you'll find inside.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #1538
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
hey fag, why don't you look at the title of this thread. you might get some insight as to what you'll find inside.

You really are a gigantic ass.

Yes I see the spoilers tag in the title. I've also been in this thread long enough to know that it was added after jbmagic got yelled at for posting spoilers that went beyond that most recent episode. The "brand spanking new spoilers" title was added (just as a new episode sub-title was added after every new show) directly following last week's episode. It will probably be changed after the next new episode.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #1539
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I added the new thread title because this thread isn't much more than a big turd at this point.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #1540
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
While I enjoyed last night's episode, several things bother me about the potential direction of this show.

**Potential spoilers below**

It worries me that the writers may be listening to the fans too much. For example, the fans ask why Hugo didn't lose any weight or if the hatch/island has a giant magnet and presto, we get an "answer" in tonight's episode. It almost seems that if the fans are clamoring for an answer to a lingering question, the writers feel obliged to create a direct response a few episodes later.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not upset that the fans have some impact with the writers of the show. I know most shows' writers mostly ignore their fan base. I just don't want the balance of season 2 and the upcoming seasons to be dictated exclusively by the fans, and I feel like tonight's episode had a bit too many answers to fans' questions for my liking.

I don't think that just because they are answering questions that fans have asked indicates that they are responding to fan requests. I think fans asked those questions because the show has hinted for us to ask them. The fans have asked hundreds of questions about the series, and had a few answered. I chalk that up to ongoing story.

I'm also in the group of people that believe that the major plot for the series is essentially finalized, and has been from the beginning.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #1541
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
meh? that episode was brilliant.

Just now finally watched this episode. And, once again, we are in agreement, good sir.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #1542
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

**spoilers***

Bad news, Michael is back.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #1543
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

It must be fun to write for Michael. You only have a few options:

1. WALT!!!!1
2. THEY TOOK MY SON!!!
3. THEY TOOK MY BOY!!!
4. I'M GONNA GET MY SON BACK!
5. I'M GOING TO GET BY BOY BACK!

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 04-12-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #1544
samifan24
Pro Starter

While I enjoyed a new backstory, I was disappointed that tonight's episode didn't focus on Jack and Kate out in the woods more. Oh and we called it- Eko is building a church. "I think I liked you better when you just hit people with your stick."
Old 04-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #1545
Swaggs
Coordinator

Yawn.

Decent backstory. Boring ass island story.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #1546
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
"I think I liked you better when you just hit people with your stick."

That was a great line. I liked the back story too. Good stuff. No new episode until May. That's fine, we've got NHL playoffs coming up and the NFL draft. The time will fly by.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-13-2006, 12:21 AM   #1547
rexallllsc
Banned

Wow. I didn't realize you could do so little in 60 minutes of TV. Congrats LOST writers.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:51 AM   #1548
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
Wow. I didn't realize you could do so little in 60 minutes of TV. Congrats LOST writers.

Kids these days... They just can't handle character development and a well-spun yard. Everything's gotta be zip! pow! bang! Now! Now! Now! I reckon MTV's to blame.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 04-13-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #1549
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Boring ass island story.

What? You didn't enjoy how once again no one tells each other anything that happens, so the group continues to be aimless? No reason Locke should tell anyone about the diagram on the back of the blast doors, right? The brilliant writing continues.

We use to have one Michael, now we have an Island full of them.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #1550
John Galt
Pro Starter

I really liked last night's episode. I thought the background story was fantastic and was well connected to the island story. I also enjoyed that island story a ton. I feel like I'm watching a different TV series than lots of people in this thread. Oh well.