Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #1501
The Jackal
Coordinator

I mean, the voting for me the past couple of days have been outlying votes. Granted Cthulu and then Dwight with his ability made yesterday's matter somewhat, but the spreading out of the votes is not particularly what we want at this juncture. You've been asking everyone to follow you on to me because of your gut .. no scan, no suspicious action I've taken, not even a terrible vote record. I'm not asking you to lay out your case again, we've had enough of that back and forth, but I'm about at wits end trying to argue with you.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #1502
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
That's a fair argument and I did give it consideration. But to me that one thing doesn't make up for my other reasons, especially compared with taking a shot in the dark with the rest of the people left. And the other side of the coin is if Thursday knew he was going down, the next best thing he could give the remaining wolf (wolves) other than another villager kill is trust for the other teammate(s). That's exactly what hoops did for DV in the Dark Knight game.

This is something I've kept in mind as well

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #1503
The Jackal
Coordinator

DV can I ask why you voted for me yesterday? You sort've asked about people and then flybyed me with no reasoning.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #1504
The Jackal
Coordinator

If it was because I was the only other candidate and you thought NTN was a goner, I understand. But I'm not a wolf, and today is different.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #1505
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I mean, the voting for me the past couple of days have been outlying votes. Granted Cthulu and then Dwight with his ability made yesterday's matter somewhat, but the spreading out of the votes is not particularly what we want at this juncture. You've been asking everyone to follow you on to me because of your gut .. no scan, no suspicious action I've taken, not even a terrible vote record. I'm not asking you to lay out your case again, we've had enough of that back and forth, but I'm about at wits end trying to argue with you.

The short version is a combo of you have nothing to point to to clear you to the extent that others do and a general vibe that you've been playing it very safe with your opinions and not trying to stick out moreso than others.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #1506
Zinto
College Starter

I am much more inclined to go with Jag on a vote today then Jackal. My reasons are kind of meta-gamey but neither have done much in terms of proving to be a villager or wolf and neither have pinged me one way or the other. Jag just is a really strong villager and if he has a feeling on someone it could be wrong but I at least want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #1507
Zinto
College Starter

Also if Jag is a wolf he is lucky that he has earned my trust so much in these situations and more then likely I would follow him down a path like this regardless of the game.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #1508
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The short version is a combo of you have nothing to point to to clear you to the extent that others do and a general vibe that you've been playing it very safe with your opinions and not trying to stick out moreso than others.

And you don't think wolves would make an effort to have something to clear them? Obviously not everyone who's used an action to clear a villager or against a wolf is a wolf, but smart wolves lay nuggets in their favor. I haven't had the opportunity to use an interaction, so that's why I've got nothing pointing to clear me. I'm just been trying to make the best votes I can. Would it be better if I led a campaign against someone on gut? I don't have a particularly strong read on anyone, just an idea that a wolf would've used any opportunity they could to have something to raise them above others nearing endgame. And when I've gone out on a limb, it's been either the mckerney theory, who I was clearly wrong about and didn't even stick with, or hulk, which you've framed as making me look bad anyways. So.. yeah.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #1509
Zinto
College Starter

I guess saying Jag over Jackal is not a good explanation when Jackal is not going over Jag. I am just saying that I would be much more inclined to vote for Jackal today. If we come to the understanding that Jag is the better choice for today then so be it I will vote for him.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #1510
The Jackal
Coordinator

I agree with you that JAG is a strong villager, but usually he does a lot more analyzing when he's a villager. Granted he hasn't felt hes needed to analyze beyond NTN/me the past couple of days, but still. There isn't any solid info to say I'm not a wolf, but there isn't any solid info to say that I am.. I don't envy anyone picking if it's a JAG vs me showdown, and I didn't really want it to come to that situation anyways.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #1511
The Jackal
Coordinator

I've got to finish getting dinner ready, Ill try to check back in later to see if there's been any movement instead of leaving a vote on an outlying candidate right now. I still think focusing attacks is the best route hereon out.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #1512
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I tend to believe that one of chubby, mau, and zinto are a wolf. I said earlier that I expected a wolf to use an ability/interaction to clear a villager (or in mau's case kill a wolf) and in a game with more than a few wolves I think it's a guarantee one of them did so.

I wouldn't doubt this was true either. It would make sense to buy trust someway if you where a wolf. The only counter to that is what if the wolves where waiting until a later day to fake a scan. Then Danny says that no more scans can be given out through character interaction so their plan would fall apart.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #1513
Zinto
College Starter

Also for all the talk that Jag was holding up lynching NTNT there are some things wrong with it. For one Eagle told us NTN had 7 health and 0 defense. Why would everyone need to vote for NTN that day? More then likely we over killed him a bit. Second is why would Jag make a concerted effort as a wolf to try and pull away votes from someone who was going to turn up to be a wolf eventually? It does not seem like a very sound wolf strategy to me.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #1514
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So given the general state of things I think Hulk might be our best choice. We have no reason to think he's guilty, but unlike others definitely no reason to think he's innocent.

Athena attacks Hulk

I understand the reasoning but I am refusing to vote for the Hulk again. Sure he has given us nothing but as long as Schmidty is getting on to vote I am fine with him being alive.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #1515
Zinto
College Starter

Anyways I figure I should lay down my vote fro now and see what happens.

Dwight attacks Keyser
Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #1516
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And you don't think wolves would make an effort to have something to clear them? Obviously not everyone who's used an action to clear a villager or against a wolf is a wolf, but smart wolves lay nuggets in their favor. I haven't had the opportunity to use an interaction, so that's why I've got nothing pointing to clear me. I'm just been trying to make the best votes I can. Would it be better if I led a campaign against someone on gut? I don't have a particularly strong read on anyone, just an idea that a wolf would've used any opportunity they could to have something to raise them above others nearing endgame. And when I've gone out on a limb, it's been either the mckerney theory, who I was clearly wrong about and didn't even stick with, or hulk, which you've framed as making me look bad anyways. So.. yeah.

Just to be clear, I don't just mean special abilities / interactions for stuff to point to, I'm also talking votes. EF and BK had very solid votes on ntn, Chubby attacking and being attacked by CF prior to his wolf scan, and whatever else I laid out earlier today.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #1517
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Also for all the talk that Jag was holding up lynching NTNT there are some things wrong with it. For one Eagle told us NTN had 7 health and 0 defense. Why would everyone need to vote for NTN that day? More then likely we over killed him a bit. Second is why would Jag make a concerted effort as a wolf to try and pull away votes from someone who was going to turn up to be a wolf eventually? It does not seem like a very sound wolf strategy to me.

I think people are forgetting the order of things. JAG voted at 12:15 PM (post #1289), 25 minutes after Danny processed the day and he was the 1st vote. he refused to even consider moving his vote the whole day. It's not like he got his vote in at 8pm when it was already decided ntn was going down.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #1518
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
DV can I ask why you voted for me yesterday? You sort've asked about people and then flybyed me with no reasoning.

i was just looking through other candidates and decided on you. i actually didnt even notice that ntn voted you til later. i was just looking back through votes and was trying to see where the last wolf might be hiding

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #1519
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So given the general state of things I think Hulk might be our best choice. We have no reason to think he's guilty, but unlike others definitely no reason to think he's innocent.

Athena attacks Hulk

Why? And he's so strong do you even think we could take him? Sounds like a wasted vote to me

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #1520
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

and a wasted day of voting

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #1521
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I think people are forgetting the order of things. JAG voted at 12:15 PM (post #1289), 25 minutes after Danny processed the day and he was the 1st vote. he refused to even consider moving his vote the whole day. It's not like he got his vote in at 8pm when it was already decided ntn was going down.

I would assume a wolf would vote for another wolf though. Why would a wolf float his vote out on someone else when even before Jag voted a consensus had been decided that NTN was a wolf and used his ability to avoid damage. Jags vote stands out to much for a wolf to do.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #1522
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1519

Keyser Soze: Melisandre, Dwight
Hulk: Athena
Melissandre: Super Grover, Oscar, Keyser
Oscar: Mal, Jayne
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #1523
Zinto
College Starter

NTN voting Jacal almost seems like a wolf trying to throw us off anothers trail. Why not just attack Autumn when he was going down? It doesn't make sense to even began to start clearing someone like that at this point in the game.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #1524
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Mal and jayne switched to jag right before your previous update danny
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #1525
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I would look at JAG, Jackal, and Barkeep personally

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #1526
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

DV, if you think BK, then you have to assume Zinto is a wolf because he cleared him with a soothsayer statement. It makes no sense to vote BK before Zinto.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #1527
Zinto
College Starter

If you think Barkeep is a wolf lynch me first. That way when I come up a villager it will clear him. Lynching Barkeep first does not clear anyone.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #1528
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'd pick one of the other two first but what reason can you give for him wanting to take down Hulk?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #1529
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I'd pick one of the other two first but what reason can you give for him wanting to take down Hulk?

I believe his reasoning is that we still don't know if Schmidty will come around everyday to make a vote, and on top of that we have no idea if the hulk is a good character or not. There hasn't been anything to clear him, just the idea that he hasn't been around and that's unlikely to be a wolf?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #1530
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Does it make sense to anyone? If you were that last wolf and there was aplayer that strong out there who did random attacks wouldnt you be nervous?

I'm not saying lynch him now, just think about it. Would he beable to nightkill him? Very doubtful. that means he would have to get him lynched

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #1531
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

wouldnt you take out the risk of being attacked when everyone else believed you to be good?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #1532
The Jackal
Coordinator

But yes, if you think BK is bad that means Zinto/BK are likely the last two wolves. Which is still entirely possible, especially since if Zinto came up wolf it wouldn't necessarily mean BK was a wolf either, and they could be hoping to keep him alive. But that seems like a very low percentage vote at this point.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #1533
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Think about it objectively

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #1534
The Jackal
Coordinator

I had postured earlier DV that maybe Schmidty's attacks are random but can only hit villagers. Would be an interesting wolf ability, but probably isn't the case. But if you really think BK is bad, Zinto has to be the vote ahead of him.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #1535
The Jackal
Coordinator

I understand what you're driving at. By why are you so sure the hulk is good? That's where BK is coming from. He could still be a wolf, and if he is we're pretty much f'ed for meta-gamey type reasons.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #1536
Zinto
College Starter

I understand that BK's attack is head scratching and if I was anyone else in the game I would be jumping all over him for doing so as well. It does not make any sense to take attack the Hulk and if we where going to try and kill him we should have done so yesterday.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #1537
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

My vibe mainly, i just dont think hulk is. you dont have to listen to me, im just saying my peace

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #1538
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Dont forget to get in interactions / attacks for the special characters if you haven't already.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #1539
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1538

Hulk: Athena
Melissandre: Super Grover, Oscar, Keyser, Mal, Jayne
Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #1540
Danny
Head Coach

Missing Ctulu, Hulk and Duke Nukem
Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #1541
Danny
Head Coach

Although my plans were cancelled, don't forget the deadline is in 30 minutes.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #1542
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

30 minutes? oops, almost forgot... was thinking 10 for some reason.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #1543
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Attack Melisandre

I thought i had awhile left lol. My bad

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #1544
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Duke attacks Hulk

Still debating but this is a place holder since it looks like we may be another random attack from him.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #1545
Zinto
College Starter

I am pretty sure we do have until ten so an hour and half left.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #1546
Danny
Head Coach

No, 23 minutes now, I had changed deadline to 6 because I had plans and wasn't going to be around after that. My plans got cancelled, but I want to stick to the deadline I set.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #1547
Danny
Head Coach

Hulk: Athena, Eaglefan
Melissandre: Super Grover, Oscar, Keyser, Mal, Jayne, Cthulu
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #1548
Zinto
College Starter

Oh I did not even see that you had changed the deadline.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #1549
Danny
Head Coach

Just missing Hulk now
Old 07-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #1550
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I wasn't going crazy. It has been 10 up until tonight.