Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #1501
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Just booted up the game and got an update. Looks like the roster patch is out (360 version).

Anybody have any idea if you can start a game with the already created rosters or do you have to have rosters edited after the patch?

A user named "WallaceNails" is claiming to have a clean roster based off DTLinder's roster, however, none of the EA reps have officially commented on this question, yet. It has been asked over at OS though and we'll hopefully have an official answer later today.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #1502
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

*crosses fingers*

If I can start pre-season stuff in the NOFL today I'll be absolutely stoked.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #1503
BigDPW
College Prospect

Remind me what Patch #1 is supposed to fix other than the roster bug?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #1504
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It also fixes a bug where if you edit a player in a dynasty, it resets the depth chart. I believe those are the only 2 fixes for patch 1. The main issue was to fix the roster editing crashing the game.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #1505
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Looks like we can git 'er goin EF. We have 100% confirmation on the OS boards...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #1506
Kodos
Resident Alien

So we are free to edit names in online dynasties that are already going then?
Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #1507
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
So we are free to edit names in online dynasties that are already going then?

That is correct sir.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #1508
Galaxy
Coordinator

When is path #2 suppose to come out?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #1509
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The 2nd patch has been sent for testing as of August 1st and if no problems arise will be out in 2 to 3 weeks. The fix list is in one of my posts on the previous page.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #1510
wade moore
lolzcat

I worry that my 360 might be dying.

I ended up going to Gamestop to swap out NCAA because it was freezing before I could even finish a quarter.

It's been fine through a few games. Then I went to start the 360 this evening and it hung at the xbox logo - weird.

Then I was just playing EF27 and it froze before I could finish a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #1511
Kodos
Resident Alien

Strange. BigDPW and I played last night, but the result isn't showing up on EA's site. We finished the game successfully. JetsIn09 and I had trouble with staying connected later that night.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #1512
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I worry that my 360 might be dying.

I ended up going to Gamestop to swap out NCAA because it was freezing before I could even finish a quarter.

Mine froze during my first game, in the 3rd quarter(just bought this tonight). Will try again tomorrow and see if its a consistant problem. Doh!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #1513
wade moore
lolzcat

I e-mailed Microsoft and got a laundry list of things to try.

Admittedly the one thing I haven't tried is other games, but for me if it's messing up on two disks of this game it's not the game.. Guess I'll have to run through their laundry list in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #1514
RainMaker
General Manager

If it's freezing, it's the system. The fact other games work doesn't mean anything. It's just a matter of certain games pushing the systems a little harder. I had the same issues awhile back for College Hoops 2K (every other game worked) and got the 360 fixed and it works like a dream.

Just saying not to waste your time delaying the inevitable.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #1515
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I'm freaking out because my NCAA 09 almost froze twice in my game last night. This was the first game since I installed the update. Both times it was after my WR got a first down. He also broke the career reception mark that game too...so I'm wondering if that's part of it?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #1516
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

kingneb...I had the same thing happen then I rememberd how to not get the dirty disc error. When you start up your Xbox, don't press power on your controller or on the console, eject the tray, and then close it. When the console fires up with a game in there (especially an EA game for whatever reason) the dirty disc error thing/freezes happen 10x more often.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #1517
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I e-mailed Microsoft and got a laundry list of things to try.

Admittedly the one thing I haven't tried is other games, but for me if it's messing up on two disks of this game it's not the game.. Guess I'll have to run through their laundry list in the next couple of days.

Ummmm....good luck. My 360 was doing the same thing and nothing worked. Finally it broke and I got the 3RRD.

Have you tried blowing out your 360 with compressed air? It worked for me...at least for a couple days. Anyhow, I called probably about two weeks ago, had them send me a box, it came last week and I shipped it out. My 360 came back to me yesterday fixed.

On a different note, now I have two copies of NCAA 2009. I guess I'll use the PS3 version for my offline dynasty and the 360 version for the NOFL.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #1518
Radii
Head Coach

quick question, if you're aiming a kick towards the sideline, do you need to try to aim the right stick in that direction when you push up, or are you still trying to push straight up to make the kick go where you aimed?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #1519
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I believe that you want to pull it back at an angle and push it up at an angle that is equivalent to where you want it to go.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #1520
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
quick question, if you're aiming a kick towards the sideline, do you need to try to aim the right stick in that direction when you push up, or are you still trying to push straight up to make the kick go where you aimed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I believe that you want to pull it back at an angle and push it up at an angle that is equivalent to where you want it to go.

I agree with EF, but I'd also clarify that if you have already angled your directional arrow to the sideline, the accuracy line will move to the left and right. You then want to push up in the direction of the accuracy line.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #1521
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

So you are basically using the aiming arrow as a spot to aim your kick stick at. That explains why I can never kick to the sideline.

Do field goals work the same way?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #1522
Radii
Head Coach

gotcha, thanks. I was messing around to see how my wireless connection would handle online play, and had a couple 10 yard punts trying to punt the ball out of bounds, looks like I need some more practice on that
Old 08-08-2008, 12:16 AM   #1523
Radii
Head Coach

Well after bitching about football games for years because I have a horribly old 25" TV that isn't widescreen and isn't HD and all that jazz, and about how I can never see any of my wide receivers(last year all I ever did was campus legend as a RB), I have finally broken down and decided to enter the 21st century and have ordered a nice new 37" HDTV, free shipping from amazon, hopefully to arrive early next week. WOOHOO.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #1524
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
So you are basically using the aiming arrow as a spot to aim your kick stick at. That explains why I can never kick to the sideline.

Do field goals work the same way?

Yes, I believe so. The left stick is basically to aim and give you an idea of what direction you want to pull the right stick back and push it forward. At least that is my understanding.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #1525
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Well after bitching about football games for years because I have a horribly old 25" TV that isn't widescreen and isn't HD and all that jazz, and about how I can never see any of my wide receivers(last year all I ever did was campus legend as a RB), I have finally broken down and decided to enter the 21st century and have ordered a nice new 37" HDTV, free shipping from amazon, hopefully to arrive early next week. WOOHOO.

I feel your pain. I'm still on a standard def TV. My new TV fund disappeared when an unexpected expense came up while buying our house.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #1526
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel your pain. I'm still on a standard def TV. My new TV fund disappeared when an unexpected expense came up while buying our house.

I incorporated the cost of a new TV when we got our house. We're paying hundreds of thousands of dollars...what's $3,000 compared to that?
Old 08-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #1527
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, I believe so. The left stick is basically to aim and give you an idea of what direction you want to pull the right stick back and push it forward. At least that is my understanding.

That sounds right. A great way to play around with this and get a feel for it is the HORSE minigame. You can spot the ball anywhere on the field to attempt field goals, go way outside the hash marks to an extreme to both get an understanding of how it works, and to practice.

So far, I am very, very bad at kicking anywhere but perfectly straight.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #1528
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I've just dealt with it for awhile now, but it has been a constant frustration in almost all video games since the 360 came out. I'm actually hoping to go back and restart a college hoops dynasty, or at least give the game another try, in the hopes that the increased court vision will help me get into the flow of the game better, in addition to being able to get into and enjoy NCAA a lot more than i have in the past. Its been ordered, and I'm getting pretty excited about it now, I haven't had a TV upgrade since ~2001

Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #1529
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'm bored...anyone want to play?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #1530
Radii
Head Coach

Mainly just making sure my video upload/embedding video is are working... the only play worth mentioning in my first game in a single player NC State dynasty.

Went up 2-0 at that point! and then 5-0. Unfortunately I didn't score again until I supersimmed the last 3 minutes down 26-5.

Last edited by Radii : 08-08-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #1531
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hmmm. I'm unencouraged by recruiting after just a few weeks in my offline dynasty. In Week 3 with Indiana University, I decided to see what was out there in terms of speed guys. Lo and behold, I found a 6'7" receiver with A+ speed who was rated as 4 stars. With no offers. I am not in his top 10, but I offer him a scholly and find a pitch he likes before hanging up. Next week, I am his number 2 team, just behind Ohio State I believe. Still no other offers. Clearly, anyone with that much speed should be a 5 star guy. Especially with that much height. He should have every team in the country camped out in his front yard.

This doesn't bode well for dynasties, online or offline, if the cpu can't figure out that this guy is a superstar in the making. Computer teams aren't evaluating talent very well.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-11-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #1532
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmmm. I'm unencouraged by recruiting after just a few weeks in my offline dynasty. In Week 3 with Indiana University, I decided to see what was out there in terms of speed guys. Lo and behold, I found a 6'7" receiver with A+ speed who was rated as 4 stars. With no offers. I am not in his top 10, but I offer him a scholly and find a pitch he likes before hanging up. Next week, I am his number 2 team, just behind Ohio State I believe. Still no other offers. Clearly, anyone with that much speed should be a 5 star guy. Especially with that much height. He should have every team in the country camped out in his front yard.

This doesn't bode well for dynasties, online or offline, if the cpu can't figure out that this guy is a superstar in the making. Computer teams aren't evaluating talent very well.

What were his other ratings (catching, jumping, awareness, ect.)?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #1533
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

He's not that good.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #1534
Galaxy
Coordinator

The patch should be coming soon, shouldn't it?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #1535
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
The patch should be coming soon, shouldn't it?

The 2nd patch on the 360 should be out in 1 to 2 weeks if no problems arise.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #1536
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Maybe the fact that Indiana made him an offer made other schools weary of a "sure-thing".

As far as the TV, I'm still standard. So if your playing me in an online dynasty and I make a throw that makes you go "what the hell" or I don't see a defender in position when he shows up and picks off the pass, that's why.

I'm kind of a frugal.

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-12-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #1537
Kodos
Resident Alien

Laugh it up before we send you down in flames once again, pal.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #1538
Radii
Head Coach

So I finished my first season in a single player dynasty with NC State, and I landed a 5* tackle and 4* QB after the season was over in recruiting.

At the end of the year when its time for position switches, the QB shows a 75 overall rating, and the tackle(a RT), an 80.

After I flip to the next preseason, if I look in the redshirt list, the QB is rated 75, and the tackle 80.

Still in the same preseason, when I look at my depth charts, the QB is rated 81, and the tackle 88.

So... any clue what causes that and which numbers are right? I didn't get to finish setting up my recruiting board last night so I haven't advanced to week 1 yet to see what happens then.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #1539
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
So I finished my first season in a single player dynasty with NC State, and I landed a 5* tackle and 4* QB after the season was over in recruiting.

At the end of the year when its time for position switches, the QB shows a 75 overall rating, and the tackle(a RT), an 80.

After I flip to the next preseason, if I look in the redshirt list, the QB is rated 75, and the tackle 80.

Still in the same preseason, when I look at my depth charts, the QB is rated 81, and the tackle 88.

So... any clue what causes that and which numbers are right? I didn't get to finish setting up my recruiting board last night so I haven't advanced to week 1 yet to see what happens then.

That is a little wierd... I have never seen that before... There was no "off-season" progression step between these two looks at ratings right?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #1540
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

The spring practice games?
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #1541
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
That is a little wierd... I have never seen that before... There was no "off-season" progression step between these two looks at ratings right?

right, this was after the training during the offseason... after you change from end of season/offseason tasks to preseason tasks for the next year.

I'm in week 2 now, I forgot to check what the ratings looked like in week one, I'll check again next time I play.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #1542
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I need some advice. In my SP dynasty that I'm writing about in the dynasty section, after year two of playing as Rutgers, I got offered a position in the ACC. What do you all think I should do?

edit: just to clarify, i accepted an extension with rutgers, and the acc offered to bring rutgers into the conference.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 08-13-2008 at 05:27 PM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #1543
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
I need some advice. In my SP dynasty that I'm writing about in the dynasty section, after year two of playing as Rutgers, I got offered a position in the ACC. What do you all think I should do?

edit: just to clarify, i accepted an extension with rutgers, and the acc offered to bring rutgers into the conference.

The ACC just seems to like to feed on the Big East.

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-13-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #1544
Logan
Head Coach

Fuck the ACC.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #1545
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

I'd go. It'll be a big step up from being at a mid major though.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #1546
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I went. My schedule is scary as hell now.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #1547
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I went. My schedule is scary as hell now.

Who did you replace?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #1548
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Who did you replace?

Duke.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #1549
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I played Oklahoma State vs. WVU online last night and got beaten down. Cheesers really play WVU. I then played Oklahoma State vs. Kansas State and was stomping this guy when he quit after the first quarter. He also went for it on 4th down every single time.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #1550
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I played Oklahoma State vs. WVU online last night and got beaten down. Cheesers really play WVU. I then played Oklahoma State vs. Kansas State and was stomping this guy when he quit after the first quarter. He also went for it on 4th down every single time.

I didn't go online at all with NCAA 09. How does the game handle quitters in regard to your online record? Is there any reprocussions against people who quit a lot?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote