Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #1501
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
If Telle started off as the Bearer of the Necro, and the wolves took a shot in the dark and managed to find her that quickly, it's possible that she was converted. Either way, if Mrs S can be trusted, then Telle and EF were the last people "seen" with the book...EF is dead, which leaves Telle. That is why I think Telle should be lynched tonight. If we have a chance to "get" the book, we need to jump on that. If the book is an actual physical object then I would think that it can be passed from one person to another. I also think that it can only be passed during the night phase. But again, I have nothing to base this off of other than gut instinct.

Maybe it will go to the person who puts the lynching vote on her (the one that breaks a tie and makes sure to kill her)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #1502
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just in case

Unvote Telle
Vote Telle
Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #1503
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
If Telle started off as the Bearer of the Necro, and the wolves took a shot in the dark and managed to find her that quickly, it's possible that she was converted. Either way, if Mrs S can be trusted, then Telle and EF were the last people "seen" with the book...EF is dead, which leaves Telle. That is why I think Telle should be lynched tonight. If we have a chance to "get" the book, we need to jump on that. If the book is an actual physical object then I would think that it can be passed from one person to another. I also think that it can only be passed during the night phase. But again, I have nothing to base this off of other than gut instinct.

That's what I was going to ask. Has there ever been a game that had physical objects that passed that way? Plus, if the wolves can convert then it is irregardless of the book in the scenario you presented so getting the book isn't necessarily a needed thing. The role's power may well have died when the bearer originally died.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #1504
Axxon
Pro Starter

Plus Alan T is doing something now for two days that Telle hasn't done and that is confuse issues, confuse votes and stay alive. For nothing else, getting rid of him drowns out the noise and leaves more room for the signal.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #1505
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
That's what I was going to ask. Has there ever been a game that had physical objects that passed that way? Plus, if the wolves can convert then it is irregardless of the book in the scenario you presented so getting the book isn't necessarily a needed thing. The role's power may well have died when the bearer originally died.

Yes there has been games with physical objects

Regardless of previous games the book is a physical object in this game (It is an item that I must gain according to my win condition)

No idea if it is involved any in conversion or not.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #1506
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Plus Alan T is doing something now for two days that Telle hasn't done and that is confuse issues, confuse votes and stay alive. For nothing else, getting rid of him drowns out the noise and leaves more room for the signal.

I'm not confusing anything! I'm one of the few people who have chosen to respond to your posts. Everyone else has been ignoring them as if they didn't matter!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #1507
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
we don;t KNOW IF telle was the actual bearer

She worked at the library (giving her access to the book by knowing the layout of the building/vault) and the book was found on her when she was killed by a wolf (she wasn't given it by a wolf initially, since wolves can't talk to villagers, only after they're converted to wolves) so isn't it safe to say she's the initial Bearer?
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #1508
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm not confusing anything! I'm one of the few people who have chosen to respond to your posts. Everyone else has been ignoring them as if they didn't matter!

But a confirmed seer outed you as a wolf. That really kinda kills any credibility with me though I'd be receptive of your third party role idea had that not happened.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #1509
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But a confirmed seer outed you as a wolf. That really kinda kills any credibility with me though I'd be receptive of your third party role idea had that not happened.

I keep saying that he needs to scan a real wolf, and then he will see the difference in the message that he received. He keeps avoiding it, but I know for a fact that Schmidty did not tell him that I was a wolf because I am not one. In fact, I actually yelled at him mentally to get out of my mind when he did try to scan me.... Unless he chooses to deny that also
Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #1510
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
the whole Telle got resurrected by the book she was suppsedly holding herself and that doesn't sit well with me at all.

It was in her bag, clear and simple - the book in her bag was used to resurrect her. The Nec is the book in this story that is used to do just that, how much more clear can it be?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #1511
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
I also think that it can only be passed during the night phase. But again, I have nothing to base this off of other than gut instinct.

I agree with nothing to base that on but gut instinct.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #1512
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I keep saying that he needs to scan a real wolf, and then he will see the difference in the message that he received. He keeps avoiding it, but I know for a fact that Schmidty did not tell him that I was a wolf because I am not one. In fact, I actually yelled at him mentally to get out of my mind when he did try to scan me.... Unless he chooses to deny that also

So, you could have been the bearer of the book. EF kills Ms Schmidty and you resurrect her. She outs EF and then uses the book as an excuse to yet again save you so tonight, you can convert the next kill assuming conversion is an every other night thing because it's clearly not an every night thing but everyone is afraid of the book still.

Just thinking aloud. That would mean you're neither for wolf or humans, just some of them, the non converted ones. Do you win if you outnumber both sides?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #1513
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

No idea if it is involved any in conversion or not.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #1514
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
It was in her bag, clear and simple - the book in her bag was used to resurrect her. The Nec is the book in this story that is used to do just that, how much more clear can it be?

I never respond well to the old "how much more clear can it be" when looking at mud.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #1515
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
I never respond well to the old "how much more clear can it be" when looking at mud.

lol
Old 06-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #1516
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, you could have been the bearer of the book. EF kills Ms Schmidty and you resurrect her. She outs EF and then uses the book as an excuse to yet again save you so tonight, you can convert the next kill assuming conversion is an every other night thing because it's clearly not an every night thing but everyone is afraid of the book still.

Just thinking aloud. That would mean you're neither for wolf or humans, just some of them, the non converted ones. Do you win if you outnumber both sides?

You are correct, I am neither for wolves or for humans, but I could potentially help either side if allowed. I don't have any conversion abilities and i wasn't a part of the Eaglefan, Telle, Mrs.Schmidty night. Mrs.Schmidty is not evil and wasn't converted by me or Eaglefan. In fact, the only interaction I've had with Mrs.Schmidty was the night she stumbled upon me searching for something.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #1517
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You are correct, I am neither for wolves or for humans, but I could potentially help either side if allowed. I don't have any conversion abilities and i wasn't a part of the Eaglefan, Telle, Mrs.Schmidty night. Mrs.Schmidty is not evil and wasn't converted by me or Eaglefan. In fact, the only interaction I've had with Mrs.Schmidty was the night she stumbled upon me searching for something.

Dola, I should say searching mentally that is. I don't really have much physical strength at all, most of what I do is mentally as Racer can attest to!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #1518
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

As of post 1517

6 Alan T: Chief Rum (1233), Kwhit (1277), Telle (1306), Render (1326), Axxon (1354), Racer 1460
7 Telle: Alan T(1269), PurdueBrad (1291), Henry (1330), Oliegirl (1334), Passacaglia (1410), LoneStarGirl (1413), Mrs. Schmidty (1449)
Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #1519
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:

All we are saying that we don't and can't know for sure, 100% positively that the book Telle had in her bag is THE book. Yes, it appears that it is...but we don't know that there aren't OTHER books that Schmidty hasn't told us about. There are clearly other areas of study that he added in, I have one of them.

We aren't saying you are wrong, just talking and exploring our options and the possibilities for the game.

If Telle did have the book, then EF used it before he was lynched, where do you think the book is now? Alan has said that he has to get the book for his win condition, so clearly it's something that can be passed...either by killing it's possessor and claiming it, or by it reverting to someone who had it before. Maybe it depends on how the person is killed...lynch or night kill. We don't know.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #1520
Axxon
Pro Starter

Ok, enough of this. Does anyone have any structures they'd like me to look at?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #1521
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, enough of this. Does anyone have any structures they'd like me to look at?

Can you inspect a floor? I am interested in some information about the first floor
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #1522
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As of post 1517

6 Alan T: Chief Rum (1233), Kwhit (1277), Telle (1306), Render (1326), Axxon (1354), Racer 1460
7 Telle: Alan T(1269), PurdueBrad (1291), Henry (1330), Oliegirl (1334), Passacaglia (1410), LoneStarGirl (1413), Mrs. Schmidty (1449)

Don't forget that I unvoted and revoted.. so I currently have the 7th vote on Telle
Old 06-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #1523
Axxon
Pro Starter

If Schmidty allows it. Should I PM him and see?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #1524
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If Schmidty allows it. Should I PM him and see?

Sure, why not. Worst thing he says is that you can't do it.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #1525
Axxon
Pro Starter

OK, but first, whats are you looking for so I know why I'm inspecting it?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #1526
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

He's asleep but plans on being on about 10 minutes before deadline, I don't see why he wouldn't - you could always nominate someone else then switch to Telle, so what would be the difference?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #1527
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
All we are saying that we don't and can't know for sure, 100% positively that the book Telle had in her bag is THE book. Yes, it appears that it is...but we don't know that there aren't OTHER books that Schmidty hasn't told us about. There are clearly other areas of study that he added in, I have one of them.

We aren't saying you are wrong, just talking and exploring our options and the possibilities for the game.

If Telle did have the book, then EF used it before he was lynched, where do you think the book is now? Alan has said that he has to get the book for his win condition, so clearly it's something that can be passed...either by killing it's possessor and claiming it, or by it reverting to someone who had it before. Maybe it depends on how the person is killed...lynch or night kill. We don't know.

Not taking it that you guys are saying I'm wrong, it just seems like splitting hairs when it's not necessary. Someone said earlier that usually the simplist explanation is the correct one, right? I'm going with that argument in regards to the book she had being the Nec.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #1528
Axxon
Pro Starter

I'd actually like to weigh Alan T. If he weighs the same as a duck...

he's made of wood, and therefore...

A WOLF!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #1529
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

A WOLF!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure if you try to drown me and I die it doesn't necessarily make me a witch!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #1530
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

A WOLF!!!!!!!

hahaha
Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #1531
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Not taking it that you guys are saying I'm wrong, it just seems like splitting hairs when it's not necessary. Someone said earlier that usually the simplist explanation is the correct one, right? I'm going with that argument in regards to the book she had being the Nec.

OK - so if we go with the simplest argument that the book you saw was the Necro, then what is the simplest argument when it comes to it's current location?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #1532
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, but first, whats are you looking for so I know why I'm inspecting it?

Not sure if you could even find the other item I'm looking for by examining construction. If I say what it is, you have to promise that you won't assume I'm a wolf
Old 06-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #1533
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if you try to drown me and I die it doesn't necessarily make me a witch!

No, but I'm afraid it could make you the bearer of the necronomicon. If you're not the wolf, that's the only other role I could see that would scan you as one.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #1534
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
OK - so if we go with the simplest argument that the book you saw was the Necro, then what is the simplest argument when it comes to it's current location?

That is a viable argument for sure!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #1535
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not sure if you could even find the other item I'm looking for by examining construction. If I say what it is, you have to promise that you won't assume I'm a wolf

That's an interesting proposition. I will say if I find said item I will not consider you a wolf.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #1536
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's an interesting proposition. I will say if I find said item I will not consider you a wolf.

Would it upset you if I had to convince everyone to lynch you once you found it like I'm trying to do with Telle today?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #1537
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I've done exactly what I said in the other post. We were faultering on Alan and hoops yesterday, the votes were all over the place and the argument was geting us nowhere, so I picked a fact (EF killed Telle and Rased her) and pushed everyone in that direction to avoid the confusion.

If I was wrong or hurting the village in that then I....oh wait, I wasn't wrong...damn, that crimps your theory a bit....

So whats your real reason?

I love it how you're taking credit for lynching EF yesterday.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #1538
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Would it upset you if I had to convince everyone to lynch you once you found it like I'm trying to do with Telle today?

So, Telle isn't necessarily a wolf but you need her lynched?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #1539
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, Telle isn't necessarily a wolf but you need her lynched?

I believe Mrs.Schmidty, so if she says Telle is a wolf, I trust her!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #1540
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I believe Mrs.Schmidty, so if she says Telle is a wolf, I trust her!

I'm sure you do.

How do you intend to get the items if we're lynched instead of killed at night?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #1541
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure you do.

I don't have any night kill power. Maybe we will find that out today during the lynch..
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #1542
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm sure you do.

Umm. We really need to lynch Alan T today guys.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #1543
Axxon
Pro Starter

Again, if it's the items you need how can you get them if their holders are lynched?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #1544
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I am here and reading to catch up. Any quick synopsis of the day's events, however, would be much appreciated. Gracias.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #1545
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
All right, I am here and reading to catch up. Any quick synopsis of the day's events, however, would be much appreciated. Gracias.

Keep your vote on Alan T.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #1546
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Hmmm biggest debate:
Is Telle the Bearer of Nec for sure for sure for sure? If yes, does she still have it? Did EF give it back after he killed then resurrected her? Where is the book now?
Alan was scanned bad (though of course he disagrees) and has said he needs the book.
Do we kill Telle as a convert that may or may not have the book, or quiet things down and take out Alan?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #1547
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Telle is a revealed wolf, and the majority of people have come around to my thinking that I'm likely not pro-villager, but also not a wolf so they'd rather focus on lynching Telle today and worry about me later.

You probably want to move your vote.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #1548
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
ease up tonto,

Damnit, I told you it was your turn to be Tonto. I want to wear the mask this time.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #1549
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm biggest debate:
Is Telle the Bearer of Nec for sure for sure for sure? If yes, does she still have it? Did EF give it back after he killed then resurrected her? Where is the book now?
Alan was scanned bad (though of course he disagrees) and has said he needs the book.
Do we kill Telle as a convert that may or may not have the book, or quiet things down and take out Alan?

The only reason people want me to die is because I post alot. The wolves always want to kill off the people who post their analysis and thoughts in the thread, so by the time you get to end game, it is pretty quiet and they can slide Under the radar.

I think everyone should look at the people who haven't posted much.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #1550
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Telle is a revealed wolf, and the majority of people have come around to my thinking that I'm likely not pro-villager, but also not a wolf so they'd rather focus on lynching Telle today and worry about me later.

You probably want to move your vote.

. Alan T is really bad. Trust me.