saldana
Pro Starter

i think it may be too late gram
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #1502
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, I have it at 13 right now:

Gramm 13 -- Swaggs (1277), Fouts (1280), Chubby (1287), Path (1313), Hoops (1314), LSG (1332), Spleen (1333), SnDvls (1335), Racer (1344), Glen (1347), NTN (1397), Lathum (1403), Bullet (1453)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #1503
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

In the event I get lynched, there is something bothering me about Anxiety. Look at post 393. He asks "why deny a bodyguard the opportunity to kill a bad guy by protecting an obvious target".

How does he know the bodyguard can have a kill opportunity? It is not standard to the role. In fact, it is true, I get a chance to kill the cowboy if my target is attacked.

I think the only way Anxiety would know this is if he was the bodyguard or if he was a wolf and was told attempting to kill a protected target may result in a cowboy death.

Since I am the bodyguard, chances are Anxiety is not.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #1504
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

unlynch gram
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #1505
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Hoops it is not like you to leave your vote on me with what I have presented, what gives? You usually approach with caution. I have given a very good amount of info that supports not lynching and there is NO info that supports a lynch.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #1506
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Damn...we're setting ourselves up to really only have one shot again tomorrow.

Maybe I was rash.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #1507
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And so we finally kill someone?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #1508
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Deadline 1 min ago
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #1509
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Unlynch Gramm
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #1510
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

crap
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #1511
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, if this was Day 1 I would be off of you right now. But we are up to Day 4 and we need information. I would move it if we had people here that I felt could dispute your reveal - Bullet and Chubby. While I don't know their roles for sure, I feel like there could certainly be overlap and possibly a duplicate role.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #1512
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Bullet: wouldn't have mattered; he was still going down
Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #1513
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Well we'll see what happens now.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #1514
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, based on your vote just now I assume that Gramm's role did not conflict with yours?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #1515
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, you guys that voted unlynch will look good soon.

Good one cowboys. I think Hoops, Anxiety and Path have a high potential to be cowboys.

Also, Bullet and Saldans were in the vicinity of the kill, so that is food for thought

Good luck townies!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #1516
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
In the event I get lynched, there is something bothering me about Anxiety. Look at post 393. He asks "why deny a bodyguard the opportunity to kill a bad guy by protecting an obvious target".

How does he know the bodyguard can have a kill opportunity? It is not standard to the role. In fact, it is true, I get a chance to kill the cowboy if my target is attacked.

I think the only way Anxiety would know this is if he was the bodyguard or if he was a wolf and was told attempting to kill a protected target may result in a cowboy death.

Since I am the bodyguard, chances are Anxiety is not.

I can't say anything one way or another on this, but I think it's pretty confirmed that Anxiety has actor as a role. He acted as me on Night One, and I can confirm I was not at Anxiety's home that night. And ntn, who seems to have the ability to read people and determine their allegiance, also met Anxiety, albeit again in the Chief Rum role. He's clearly not a bodyguard, and I think if he were a wolf, ntn would have sensed it.

I haven't looked back to see what the context was for the post you mention, but it sounds like gameplay logic to me, as I know bodyguard roles in past games have sometimes ended up in fights in which one of the other may be killed. It could be Anxiety thought that would be the case in this game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #1517
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Gram, if this was Day 1 I would be off of you right now. But we are up to Day 4 and we need information. I would move it if we had people here that I felt could dispute your reveal - Bullet and Chubby. While I don't know their roles for sure, I feel like there could certainly be overlap and possibly a duplicate role.

This is really why I voted to lynch him in the first place. I had an inkling of a suspicion, and felt we generally needed to lynch.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #1518
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, you guys that voted unlynch will look good soon.

Good one cowboys. I think Hoops, Anxiety and Path have a high potential to be cowboys.

Also, Bullet and Saldans were in the vicinity of the kill, so that is food for thought

Good luck townies!
The problem is that ntn has vouched for hoops and Anxiety. As we believe ntn has the ability to do such a vouching that seems to work in their favor. Path, on the other hand, has been baking a whole lot, whatever that means.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #1519
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Sorry hoops, but the people who have revealed or "seen" each other out are not giving you anything solid other than they saw each other.

Also, Anxiety says his actor "action" says it does not make him tired. My PM said using night actions two nights in a row will make you tired. I think Anxiety is not being truthful here. Make sure you guys keep him under scrutiny.

Also, now NTN's record as a sheriff is worse than Saldana's. Your best off with a different person in that role.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #1520
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The day starts with utter chaos in one part of town as all kinds of ongoers stopped to check out the happenings at Goldeneagle's house. People left the gruesome scene obviously enraged at what took place and looked to take it out on anyone possible.

The only person in jail from that night took the brunt of the heat from the majority of the town, cries calling for his lynching started early in the day and were heard often. Finally after much of the day had passed he spoke up, some listened and changed their minds, others felt so upset at what happened that they chose to not change. In the end the cries of HANG HIM spoke the loudest.

Ntndeacon calls Grammaticus forward and in front of everyone handles the lynching. After his death, no one can come up with any signs that he was a member of the cowboys, it is apparent that Grammaticus was just a villager. His body is left there for a brief period as a reminder of the mistake that you have made today.

Election votes: (10 votes needed for new sheriff)

No votes currently for a new sheriff.

Lynch votes: (10 votes needed for lynch)

(0) Swaggs -
(6) Chief Rum - Fouts (1280), Hoopsguy (1314), Lonestargirl (1332), Sndvls (1335), St.cronin (1386), Lathum (1417)
(12) Grammaticus - Swaggs (1277), Fouts (1280), Chubby (1287), Path (1313), Hoopsguy (1314), Lonestargirl (1332), Spleen (1333), Sndvls (1335), Racer (1344), Ntndeacon (1397), Lathum (1403), Bulletsponge (1453)

We are now in Night 4. Deadline is Friday 9:00am EsT. Please submit night actions to me before that time.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #1521
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I can't say anything one way or another on this, but I think it's pretty confirmed that Anxiety has actor as a role. He acted as me on Night One, and I can confirm I was not at Anxiety's home that night. And ntn, who seems to have the ability to read people and determine their allegiance, also met Anxiety, albeit again in the Chief Rum role. He's clearly not a bodyguard, and I think if he were a wolf, ntn would have sensed it.

I haven't looked back to see what the context was for the post you mention, but it sounds like gameplay logic to me, as I know bodyguard roles in past games have sometimes ended up in fights in which one of the other may be killed. It could be Anxiety thought that would be the case in this game.

The truth is nobody has validated NTN's role anymore so than mine. A cowboy would know who is aligned with the town and who is aligned with the cowboys.

When I die and show as a good townie, you should rethink your current reasons for trust. The closest to confirmed is Swaggs, albeit who foolishly voted to lynch me.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #1522
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Good luck town!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #1523
hoopsguy
General Manager

I agree that no one has validated NTN per se, but three of us have had encounters with him at night. None of us were attacked. We all seem to have pretty clearly placed him with a role.

That doesn't automatically make him non-Cowboy, but it does mean that he is not killing or converting.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #1524
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This is troubling. I think we not only lost a villager, but a player who could have helped us a lot.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #1525
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
When I die and show as a good townie, you should rethink your current reasons for trust. The closest to confirmed is Swaggs, albeit who foolishly voted to lynch me.

I'm on board with this, and was just about to post so. Swaggs is pretty much absolutely not a cowboy. I'm for releasing him, and making him sheriff.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #1526
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I'm on board with this, and was just about to post so. Swaggs is pretty much absolutely not a cowboy. I'm for releasing him, and making him sheriff.
I agree about releasing him. That leaves us the ability to jail 1 more person who would share the space with Rum.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #1527
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would imagine people will object mightily to this, and it won't matter, but I will put it out anyway. I would ask for the townsfolk to ask ntn to release me. I can't do any good from in here. If you're going to kill me, then lynch me and be done with it. If not, release me and allow me to use my skills to help track down the cowboys.

At least now that is pretty much out in the open as to what I am and what I do, I can openly make my approaches and try to find the bad guys or information that we could use to help build larger CoT.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #1528
hoopsguy
General Manager

We have NTN as our Sheriff for one more night. I trust him, despite the fact that we had a setback today.

This is the time of day it makes sense to voice JAIL selections - when we have complete information.

Now, the question I have - do we look harder at the people who voted for Gramm (I'm in that group) or at the people who backed off him at the end when he had 17 votes? Wolves often move their votes around to protect their voting record in cases like this ...
Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #1529
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree about releasing him. That leaves us the ability to jail 1 more person who would share the space with Rum.

I also agree. And since releasing Swaggs and me would result in no jailings at all, I would recommend releasing Swaggs and keeping me in here for now. I hope I may be able to be released within the next couple days here. I don't think any information is going to come out way or another on me, as I can't do anything in here, and no one can do anything to me (except lynch me).

Old 10-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #1530
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now, the question I have - do we look harder at the people who voted for Gramm (I'm in that group) or at the people who backed off him at the end when he had 17 votes? Wolves often move their votes around to protect their voting record in cases like this ...

Well, I know you want to steer away attention from the voters to the people who backed off, since you were one of the voters, but I feel that's where we want to look. The bandwagon to lynch was much larger and longer in the making then the reverse (which also had the obvious connection that Gram came out and said what he did and finally gave reasons why we shouldn't kill him). With the votes dropping off Gram the way they did, I find it very unlikely the cowboys would jump off of him. He was very close to getting saved at the end, and if he had come on maybe an hour earlier, he probably would have.

I would definitely look at those who put votes on Gram, were here at the end when he made his revelation, and yet still didn't remove their votes.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #1531
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well, Shoot! Sorry Folks. I am up for any suggestions on who to Jail tonight. My plan now is as it was to release one and put one in.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #1532
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
well, Shoot! Sorry Folks. I am up for any suggestions on who to Jail tonight. My plan now is as it was to release one and put one in.

I think you should release Swaggs. Unless you are still concerned he will be killed, then release me. But I think Swaggs is okay to be released. The cowboys probably have a lot of targets.

I would recommend putting in one of the following: Fouts, LSG, Racer or SnDvls.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #1533
hoopsguy
General Manager

The list of people who voted for Gramm is already published in the end of day summary. Here is the list of people who removed their lynch votes upon Gramm's reveal - when there was a super-majority on him and not much time for him to realistically be saved.

CR, Barkeep, Anxiety, Saldana, Glen
Old 10-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #1534
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am curious why anxiety isn't tired even though the rules clearly state if you do your night action 2 nights in a row you come up tired. That puts him at the top of my list for now.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #1535
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

Personally, I wouldn't mind, of course, if you released me, then met with me (not my action, your action ) and determined my allegiance. Then if I am good, leave me out and go get one of the ones in my previous post. If I am bad, put me back in, announce it to the village and lynch me tomorrow night.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #1536
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Does Swaggs want to be released? If so release both of them and lets put in two tomorrow, lynch one, and put two in the next night. Gram seemed to be thinknig we should loko at Saldana and Anxiety, so maybe we should be looking to put them in jail. I honestly wish i could add more to this conversation but all i can do is speculate. If i was a cowboy I would at least be contributing more to the conversation and not acting like a dummy, like i am now. As a cowboy i would know more and would probably give myself away cuz im not too great at this game. I am trying my best, but it seems like path, fout, racer, and st. cronin, im just a boring villager.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #1537
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The list of people who voted for Gramm is already published in the end of day summary. Here is the list of people who removed their lynch votes upon Gramm's reveal - when there was a super-majority on him and not much time for him to realistically be saved.

CR, Barkeep, Anxiety, Saldana, Glen

Except he almost was. bulletsponge just missed. There were others who have been out most of the day. This was in, what, 45 minutes?

He told his story, and it was true--he was a villager and a bodyguard to boot. Despite knowing this, several people--including you--kept him on the end of the rope.

I don't actually have much doubt about you, because I do trust what ntn has been saying, and he met up with you. That said, I think you are barking down the road and are missing potential wolves who voted along with you just to steer attention away from yourself.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #1538
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am curious why anxiety isn't tired even though the rules clearly state if you do your night action 2 nights in a row you come up tired. That puts him at the top of my list for now.
I think 1503 makes it rather clear Anxiety has been lying to us in some fashion. I'm guessing he hasn't really been playing dressup nearly as much as he's claimed.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #1539
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I mean, "barking down the wrong road" in that last paragraph. Added for clarity.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #1540
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Just wondering who has vouched for Bullet and Barkeep? I know they were in a couple of people's COT, but i haven't seen any reason why.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #1541
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, do you think that every single person who moved their vote at the end away from Gramm is a villager? Take yourself out of the equation, look at it objectively, and tell me if you think this is the case.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #1542
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Gram seemed to be thinknig we should loko at Saldana and Anxiety, so maybe we should be looking to put them in jail. I honestly wish i could add more to this conversation but all i can do is speculate.

are you paying attention at all....if i were a cowboy, why in the blue hell would i have come out and contradicted myself when CR had 7 votes on him with 2 hours til lynch...he could easily have been lynched alongside gram if i hadnt come out and corrected myself from yesterday morning....on what planet would a cowboy save someone from the lynch, unless it was another cowboy, in which case i just handed the town two wolves (and i am such a shitty player that i would do that)?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #1543
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just wondering who has vouched for Bullet and Barkeep? I know they were in a couple of people's COT, but i haven't seen any reason why.

speaking of which...who has vouched for you....oh yeah...racer, based on one word of a PM about how much sleep you said you got and if you heard shots....no one has examined you at all, no one has come accross you at night, no one has really had much to say about you, despite the fact that you continue to try and get me jailed while a majority of the people in the game still have no reason to think i am anything but what i have said i am all game....well i have something to say now....

vote jail LSG
Old 10-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #1544
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

crap it seems peeps are going to start looking at me. maybe its time i used my duel before i die
Old 10-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #1545
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, do you think that every single person who moved their vote at the end away from Gramm is a villager? Take yourself out of the equation, look at it objectively, and tell me if you think this is the case.

Well, going from person to person...

Barkeep...his actions have struck me as a villager from the very beginning, with his early role reveal. He has contributed little since then, though, in the way of information and he continues to not be killed by cowboys, so I guess there is some circumstantial evidence to suggest he might not be what he seems. I still give him the benefit of the doubt, though.

Anxiety...Gram gave a conspiracy theory on Anxiety, but I don't buy it. NTN seems to vouch for him, and you yourself, among others, vouch for NTN, who is perhaps only below Swaggs in being trusted. Plus, I think Anxiety's role as actor is pretty much confirmed. I'll admit I don't have an answer for why playing a role doesn't get him tired (if that's how it works), but my gut says he is a villager.

Saldana...tough one for me to judge because it was his info that got me jailed essentially, and also his further confirmation which might have saved me. I have openly said I had my suspicions about saldana. That said, it seems too obvious for him to be a cowboy. Remember, like BK, he allowed the spotlight to go on him very early as the first sheriff, and that's a very unlikely ploy for a wolf.

Glen...I don't have much info one way or another on Glen. I think he could be a cowboy on the "too quiet" basis, but he is also new and might just be playing a cautious game.

Bullet...I count him, since he tried to change his vote, but missed out. I think he has overplayed his role quite a bit, and that makes me very suspicious. But it seems clear he was in a drunken stupor in Night 1, so he couldn't have done the kill then. And he was a little bit too forward on the first day to be a wolf. But, once again, maybe that is the cowboys' plan--be obvious choices and hid out in the open.

On the list of people who kept their votes on Gram, I see a lot of potential candidates, better than a lot of these five.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #1546
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

damn im getting pissed. i cant get a bead on anyone. i want to kill someone!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #1547
Fouts
College Starter

Just got back. Too bad I missed all of Gramm's posts or I would have unvoted. If you would have revealed earlier, you would have lived.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #1548
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, going from person to person...

Bullet...I count him, since he tried to change his vote, but missed out. I think he has overplayed his role quite a bit, and that makes me very suspicious. But it seems clear he was in a drunken stupor in Night 1, so he couldn't have done the kill then. And he was a little bit too forward on the first day to be a wolf. But, once again, maybe that is the cowboys' plan--be obvious choices and hid out in the open.

the 9:01 vote has been bothering me since it happened...that ploy has been used a number of times during past games to try and make oneself look like they were trying to save someone...personally, i dont see how you dont see the little clock at the bottom of the board when you are typing your post and know that you are too late.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #1549
hoopsguy
General Manager

CR, fair enough. I agree with a lot of what you say here.

OK, there are two people in the game who I do not have associated with a role:
#16 Racer
#20 Glengoyne

Have either of these guys shown something that I missed?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #1550
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, i am out until tomorrow night

my suspect list is, in no particular order

cronin
lonestargirl
hoops
bullet