Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #1501
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm glad I've stuck to my policy of not reading any of them, if they are giving up "MEGA" spoilers. I do look forward to going back and reading them after the season is over though.

You are going to be spoiled one way or another (when you read the comic or watch the show).

I consider the comic to be an invaluable addition to the show. So it was no more a problem than when HRG told the Haitian to wipe his memory and then shoot him in the TV show.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 04-24-2007 at 11:32 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 PM   #1502
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #1503
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Spoiler

Semi Spoiler with this

Spoiler

Last edited by mckerney : 04-24-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #1504
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm glad I've stuck to my policy of not reading any of them, if they are giving up "MEGA" spoilers. I do look forward to going back and reading them after the season is over though.

I'm with EF on this one. I'll be reading these as soon as the season is over.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:22 AM   #1505
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Spoiler

I agree with this assessment.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 AM   #1506
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Nope.. it isn't . Though I'm sad at the MEGA spoiler in this week's comic. Would have been better to be kept in the dark on that (usually the spoilers aren't that big). Though it is easier to stop and say "Whoa" with the comic than pause the show and go back and see if I heard that right.

The comics are great for filling in the details though. Really flesh things out nicely. I think some may read all of them when the season is over and find out some really fun stuff.

What are you considering the MEGA spoiler?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #1507
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What are you considering the MEGA spoiler?

Spoiler
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #1508
Anthony
Banned

i haven't read the comics yet (a friend of mine does and doesn't make it out to be the most shocking and experience-ruining thing in the world that some over here do), but i'm going with the train of thought that if something as "big" as what ISiddiqui read in the comics was revealed then it must not have been as integral to the storyline as we would suppose it would be.

**spoiler alert/theory below**

ever since peter got the ability to control all his powers, and especially after fighting Sylar (showing that he can control multiple powers at will), i stopped thinking Peter was the bomb. the whole point behind peter thinking he was going to explode was because he thought he didn't have control over all the powers he aquired. now that he can, it doesn't make sense that all of a sudden he would spontaneously explode like his dreams made it seem like he would. the comic revealing that it was Sylar isn't as "mega" as you would think. it's actually kinda fresh and exciting that the show would confirm that rather than use the old conventional method of stringing us along and then *surprise* Sylar was the bomb! that to me suggests they have even bigger storylines involved that to let us know it won't be peter is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by Anthony : 04-25-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #1509
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i haven't read the comics yet (a friend of mine does and doesn't make it out to be the most shocking and experience-ruining thing in the world that some over here do), but i'm going with the train of thought that if something as "big" as what ISiddiqui read in the comics was revealed then it must not have been as integral to the storyline as we would suppose it would be.

**spoiler alert/theory below**

ever since nathan got the ability to control all his powers, and especially after fighting Sylar (showing that he can control multiple powers at will), i stopped thinking Nathan was the bomb. the whole point behind nathan thinking he was going to explode was because he thought he didn't have control over all the powers he aquired. now that he can, it doesn't make sense that all of a sudden he would spontaneously explode like his dreams made it seem like he would. the comic revealing that it was Sylar isn't as "mega" as you would think. it's actually kinda fresh and exciting that the show would confirm that rather than use the old conventional method of stringing us along and then *surprise* Sylar was the bomb! that to me suggests they have even bigger storylines involved that to let us know it won't be Nathan is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

And by Nathan you mean Peter?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #1510
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
And by Nathan you mean Peter?

lol, i always get them mixed up. i'll fix that, thanx.

hey, it was a 50/50 chance i'd be right.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:10 AM   #1511
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Well if theories posted here are correct and it is Sylar as the "exploding man", I guess Ted bites the big one before the seasons end. But if its Sylar, and that does happen, who becomes the villain? Eric Roberts and Co?

I can see it being Sylar since he doesn't really grasp how to use powers when he gets them, he learns how to use them as time goes on. That would leave me to believe that if he is the exploding man, he probably kills Ted shortly before he blows up and hasn't had a chance to control that power and is angered in the middle of the street by something and just blows up literally?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 04-25-2007 at 08:19 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:17 AM   #1512
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

HA, well my postulation that it was a mega spoiler wasn't that it wasn't foreseeable, but that it was a big plot point that was somewhat ambiguous.

Though it is also spoiled by the "Next Week on Heroes" preview, if you look closely (maybe that should go in spoiler boxes as well ).
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #1513
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, I don't watch the previews of next week at the end of each show either, usually.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #1514
spleen1015
Coordinator

At this point, I don't think we know who the bomb is going to be.

We know that Bennett, Parkman and Ted are on their way to NY to stop 'The Co.'. So, there is reason to think that it can be Ted.

Maybe we find out in the next episode who the bomb was that causes the future we will see.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 AM   #1515
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
HA, well my postulation that it was a mega spoiler wasn't that it wasn't foreseeable, but that it was a big plot point that was somewhat ambiguous.

i hear that. still, it's pretty amazing they revealed that rather than how other shows would have handled it.

someone else called it though (on an unrelated topic), that girl who can change appearance (the one who always wears that hot Britney Spears hit me baby one more time school girl skirt) is going to be too much of a convenient thing for the writers.

Writer A: "how can we get this character to do someone they normally wouldn't do?"
Writer B: "let's get that girl who can change appearances to trick them."

too convenient. that's an instant safety net for any plot device. she's already been used to capture Claire's father, and now she was used to "kidnap" micah. try harder, guys.

and as for linderman - since claire already has the regeneration power, i'm assuming his power is he can make things come back to life? another too convenient power? does that mean perhaps isaac can come back to life? i'm sure his power to see the future was a tool heavily utilized by linderman (who bought his paintings). i can't see linderman letting that asset go to waste (if he can in fact bring things to life). that's my theory. if he does in fact have the power to bring things back to life, then he brings isaac back to life.

oooo, oooo, oooo....another theory: i'm sure that's why isaac was rather calm and accepting that he was going to die. maybe not so much that he knew Sylar would kill him, but he knew someone would be able to bring him back to life. could that be why when Sylar pinned him down, Isaac was in a "cross" position (armed outstretched and legs together), like a certain Jesus Christ, who, in case you didn't read that comic, also comes back to life.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #1516
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
i
and as for linderman - since claire already has the regeneration power, i'm assuming his power is he can make things come back to life?

The comics answer this question.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:40 AM   #1517
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wow... that's a great theory and it makes complete sense. Never even thought of it that way. Issac doesn't care because he knows that in the future he'll be brought back.

Though I wonder how that will work without his brain? Do they find it somewhere (I don't think Sylar literally eats them) and put it back?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #1518
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Spoiler

The more I think about this, the more I think this will be revealed in the next episode. There's hasn't been any important info revealed in the comics that hasn't been revealed on the show. They have to get that information out there. It is pretty important to the overall plot.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #1519
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow... that's a great theory and it makes complete sense. Never even thought of it that way. Issac doesn't care because he knows that in the future he'll be brought back.

Though I wonder how that will work without his brain? Do they find it somewhere (I don't think Sylar literally eats them) and put it back?

Spoiler
Old 04-25-2007, 08:46 AM   #1520
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I think Isaac "mayrted" himself, because he lost Simone because he killed her. I think Isaac knew his death by Sylar was a going to lead to Sylars eventual death and wanted to keep Sylar on that path.

I'm sure Linderman knows or will find out that Peter has that "sponge-like" power and not need Isaac because Peter already has that power.

Last edited by gottimd : 04-25-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #1521
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler

i'm sure the comics are correct, but that flower he brought back to life looked pretty dead to me. i mean, maybe he doesn't know the extent of his powers. Ted didn't know he could do EMP's until this last episode, just to prove a point.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #1522
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
i'm sure the comics are correct, but that flower he brought back to life looked pretty dead to me. i mean, maybe he doesn't know the extent of his powers. Ted didn't know he could do EMP's until this last episode, just to prove a point.

That may be true, but a good point has already been made. Peter now has Isaac's ability. So, he's not needed in that way anymore.

One thing I want to do is go back and watch the part where Hiro shows up at Isaac's apartment and he is dead. I want to see if there are any differences in that scene and the one where we see Sylar get him.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #1523
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
i mean, maybe he doesn't know the extent of his powers. Ted didn't know he could do EMP's until this last episode, just to prove a point.

I think at his age, Linderman would know. Plus he noted in that episode that "A long time ago, a group of people like him....", so it would seem that he has had plenty of time to learn, perfect his own power. Ted it seems like has only had knowledge of his power for maybe a year or so and thats pushing it.

So would it be safe to assume that Linderman can bring back things that are on the brink of destruction/death? The Cheerleader and Peter can heal fast as long as the thing obstructing the process of healing is removed? Remember when the Cheerleader was in the car accident, she came alive once the M.E. removed something from her body that was impeding the healing.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #1524
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
That may be true, but a good point has already been made. Peter now has Isaac's ability. So, he's not needed in that way anymore.

One thing I want to do is go back and watch the part where Hiro shows up at Isaac's apartment and he is dead. I want to see if there are any differences in that scene and the one where we see Sylar get him.

There are differences. In the first it did not apear that Isaac was spread out and stabbed with paintbrushes, Isaac had a goatee in the 2nd episode when Hiro found him, did not when Sylar killed him the last episode, was laying on top of the mural of the explosion in the last episode, was not when Hiro found him. Some of this might be a lack of continuity that should be there, but it seems that this would be something that would be important to keep the same.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #1525
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
There are differences. In the first it did not apear that Isaac was spread out and stabbed with paintbrushes, Isaac had a goatee in the 2nd episode when Hiro found him, did not when Sylar killed him the last episode, was laying on top of the mural of the explosion in the last episode, was not when Hiro found him. Some of this might be a lack of continuity that should be there, but it seems that this would be something that would be important to keep the same.

There has been a lot of things happen that could result in this happening at different times.

It has been mentioned that Hiro showed up at Isaac's the day after Nathan won the election and while he was there the bomb went off. The election hasn't happened yet, so it is clear that Sylar got Isaac at a different time than what Hiro saw.

It is hard to put into words.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #1526
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And of course that is the question. Was the plant dead or on the verge of death? Subtle distinction, but very important to determining the full extent of Linderman's power.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #1527
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
There has been a lot of things happen that could result in this happening at different times.

It has been mentioned that Hiro showed up at Isaac's the day after Nathan won the election and while he was there the bomb went off. The election hasn't happened yet, so it is clear that Sylar got Isaac at a different time than what Hiro saw.

It is hard to put into words.

Yeah, that's something I mentioned in my post where I said it was a semi spoiler, because I was mentioning something that was close to the comic. This is an element that fits in my belief that future Hiro has been able to change some things that have happened in the past, but the things that were predicted still came true.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #1528
Swaggs
Coordinator

**SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE PREVIEWS FOR NEXT WEEK**

There was a short scene with a television channel showing a picture of Sylar saying "America Remembers," or something like that. I am wondering if Sylar somehow gets the shape-shifters powers and takes credit for someone else's heroic act and then lives as that person, who presumably died heroically, for the next five years. Could be Nathan, as he seemed a little out of character in the scenes for next week AND from the drawing Sylar drew at the end of this week, I could see Sylar assuming Nathan's persona and getting into the White House.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 AM   #1529
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

There was a short scene with a television channel showing a picture of Sylar saying "America Remembers," or something like that. I am wondering if Sylar somehow gets the shape-shifters powers and takes credit for someone else's heroic act and then lives as that person, who presumably died heroically, for the next five years. Could be Nathan, as he seemed a little out of character in the scenes for next week AND from the drawing Sylar drew at the end of this week, I could see Sylar assuming Nathan's persona and getting into the White House.

That is a really cool theory. I like it. That would explain why Sylar had a smile on his face when they showed him painting.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #1530
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

excellent. i like it. it's not necessarily Nathan we're seeing, we're seeing Sylar in disguise, which explains the "evilish" looking Nathan. plus, the girl who has the shape-changing power is a minor character, one easily disposed of.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #1531
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

Spoiler

Last edited by Bee : 04-25-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #1532
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Just because it has been said somewhere that a character is in next season, I wouldn't think that means they definitely survive. Take a look at Lost, Boone is still in flashbacks. I think if Hiro can travel back and forth in time, anyone can technically still be signed onto the show for Season 2 but the character only being alive in the past?

My thoughts are that at some point they have to kill Sylar or won't it just become too implausible for anyone to stop him other than Peter, who would have to absorb and learn how to use every power Sylar has inherited at that moment to even have a chance to beat him?

I don't understand why Sylar was so interested in Isaacs power in the first place. Wow, he can paint the future! I would think Sylar wants more physical powers that he can assert over others.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #1533
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
Just because it has been said somewhere that a character is in next season, I wouldn't think that means they definitely survive. Take a look at Lost, Boone is still in flashbacks. I think if Hiro can travel back and forth in time, anyone can technically still be signed onto the show for Season 2 but the character only being alive in the past?

My thoughts are that at some point they have to kill Sylar or won't it just become too implausible for anyone to stop him other than Peter, who would have to absorb and learn how to use every power Sylar has inherited at that moment to even have a chance to beat him?

I don't understand why Sylar was so interested in Isaacs power in the first place. Wow, he can paint the future! I would think Sylar wants more physical powers that he can assert over others.

Sylar's thirst is for the powers. When he realized Mohinder had destroyed the list, his only known source for another power was Isaac, who he found out about by reading the scrap piece of paper.

To him, he was just getting another power. It doesn't matter to him what it does.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #1534
MikeVic
Head Coach

Awesome episode.

Suresh annoys the hell out of me!

About Sylar... If Sylar has Isaac's power, maybe he thinks he will draw other heroes too. Isaac seemed to do that quite often. So that could be a way to gain more powers, if he knows of a time and place that a hero will be?

About Isaac... Maybe in the comic he just finished, he drew of a way to destroy Sylar. Didn't he say that he doesn't care if he dies because he'll finally become a hero for informing others how to destroy Sylar?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #1535
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Awesome episode.
About Sylar... If Sylar has Isaac's power, maybe he thinks he will draw other heroes too. Isaac seemed to do that quite often. So that could be a way to gain more powers, if he knows of a time and place that a hero will be?

Yep, that's what I thought as well. His only way of finding out other heroes now is to draw them.

Quote:
About Isaac... Maybe in the comic he just finished, he drew of a way to destroy Sylar. Didn't he say that he doesn't care if he dies because he'll finally become a hero for informing others how to destroy Sylar?

Either there or the scrap book.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #1536
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Awesome episode.

Suresh annoys the hell out of me!

Maybe he should have drawn Mohinder killing Sylar while he was unconscious.

Seriously, any mayhem from here on out is on that guy's shoulders. Why couldn't the writers have come up with a better way for Sylar to make it out of that fight/situation alive.

Gah!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 AM   #1537
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Spoiler

I don't think you're right... or, at least, I'm reading that differently.

Spoiler
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #1538
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
I don't think you're right... or, at least, I'm reading that differently.

Spoiler
I agree with this Spoiler. I don't want to go into too much without the tag, but I think the point of the comic was to show that Hiro tried to alter the future with the "save the cheerleader" line to Peter in the subway, but the same thing ended up happening (just different characters involved). I'm guessing he went back too soon and the events still played out. Maybe this new "timeline on strings" in the future will find a different way to avoid it altogether.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #1539
Easy Mac

http://www.votepetrelli.com/
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #1540
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ive never watched this show, but from the comercials ive seen isnt it just a X-men tv show?

Last edited by bulletsponge : 04-26-2007 at 05:21 PM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #1541
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ive never watched this show, but from the comercials ive seen isnt it just a X-men tv show?

I akin it more to Rising Stars, with quite a bit of Watchmen in it, especially given last week's episode. It actually bears very little resemblance to X-Men.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:32 AM   #1542
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I akin it more to Rising Stars, with quite a bit of Watchmen in it, especially given last week's episode. It actually bears very little resemblance to X-Men.

Agreed.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #1543
Easy Mac

A spoilerish article on the watchmen/heroes similarity. No spoilers unless you missed last week.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04242007...nch.htm?page=2
Old 04-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #1544
MikeVic
Head Coach

Can someone tell me what happened in the last couple minutes? Right after Sylar revealed himself to Peter. The stupid local channel here cut out!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 PM   #1545
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Can someone tell me what happened in the last couple minutes? Right after Sylar revealed himself to Peter. The stupid local channel here cut out!

Hiro just teleported back to present time and the episode ended. Nothing earth shattering.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #1546
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Hiro just teleported back to present time and the episode ended. Nothing earth shattering.

Oh ok, so he was able to do it then.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #1547
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh ok, so he was able to do it then.

Yeah. They ended up back on top of that building. He pulled out the comic book and said "Now for the hard part...."

Nothing else.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #1548
Easy Mac

So which timeline were they working on in this episode? Future Hiro seemed to be of the impression that he stabbed Sylar, only the bomb still went off. So the Future Hiro that former Hiro ran into didn't belong in that timeline?

From my gathering:
In the original timeline, Hiro stabs Sylar, but because Sylar killed Claire, it didn't matter. So Hiro then teleports back to warn Peter to save the cheerleader, then teleports to the future to admire his work. Except nothing changed and the bomb still went off, but what happened to the Hiro that would have existed in that time line? He couldn't have been killed, because he would have had to teleport back in time in the original bomb timeline, in which he would have stabbed Sylar, but Sylar lived to explode. Perhaps someone else can flesh out the timeline for me so that it makes sense.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #1549
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
So which timeline were they working on in this episode? Future Hiro seemed to be of the impression that he stabbed Sylar, only the bomb still went off. So the Future Hiro that former Hiro ran into didn't belong in that timeline?

From my gathering:
In the original timeline, Hiro stabs Sylar, but because Sylar killed Claire, it didn't matter. So Hiro then teleports back to warn Peter to save the cheerleader, then teleports to the future to admire his work. Except nothing changed and the bomb still went off, but what happened to the Hiro that would have existed in that time line? He couldn't have been killed, because he would have had to teleport back in time in the original bomb timeline, in which he would have stabbed Sylar, but Sylar lived to explode. Perhaps someone else can flesh out the timeline for me so that it makes sense.

I guess it is the same time line and certain events just changed.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #1550
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

same thing happened to me, fucking Global's got it all right, fucking bunch of morons cutting off the shows even though they present it an hour earlier to make room for 24 at 9. I was recording off NBC and yet they found a way to put their stupid feed over it. arrrggg, damn they piss me off!

/end rant

FM