Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
btw, does this make you my dad?
Yes it doesn
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #1502
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oh, and the youtube thing was flavor that jeheinz suggested about the mental connection that I have, since, you know... apparently, my character sucks in the tv show.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #1503
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So Claire and Noah are looking for each other but Lyle is the red headed step child?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #1504
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, Ive never heard of Lyle

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #1505
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, I was stunned that Lyle Bennet was on the list of players at the start of the game. It was like one of those "which of these is not like the others" puzzles. I certainly didn't have anything about him in my PM and Clap didn't mention anything about him either when we talked last night.

Well for fairness sake I'm a little suprised that Ando is in the game too.. but we know that is the case... So I'm trying to not necessarily pass judgement on that alone...

Although I will laugh if Neon ends up being sylar after I used him as my Sylar example all morning.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #1506
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola, I just saw alan beat me to it.

like I said, something with NC smells funny
Old 03-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #1507
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
dola,
and you pointed out that at this point that would be really dumb to do.

Actually, I don't want you going over to the Company. But I'm not all that worried about dying either, unless the rest of the Heroes decide I'm lynch-worthy. So I think it makes a ton of sense to bring up for public discussion.

From your perspective, I think it makes your role a little more rounded and believable. Noah is with the Company on the TV show although he leaves it when his daughter is threatened (all Season 1 stuff, don't want to put out Season 2 stuff). So this part is important in believing you have no powers and are a good guy.

I think I'm helping you by sharing this, not hurting you, for what it is worth.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #1508
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I don't want you going over to the Company. But I'm not all that worried about dying either, unless the rest of the Heroes decide I'm lynch-worthy. So I think it makes a ton of sense to bring up for public discussion.

From your perspective, I think it makes your role a little more rounded and believable. Noah is with the Company on the TV show although he leaves it when his daughter is threatened (all Season 1 stuff, don't want to put out Season 2 stuff). So this part is important in believing you have no powers and are a good guy.

I think I'm helping you by sharing this, not hurting you, for what it is worth.

oh

Thanks then :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #1509
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated list of people + reveals:

Clap - Noah Bennet
Hoops - Claire Bennet
The Jackal - Eden McCain
nfg22 - Maury Parkman
RendeR - unknown
Thomkal - DL Hawkins
Lathum - Micah Sanders
path12 - Adam Monroe
Greyroofoo - unknown (some speculation based on powers)
DaddyTorgo - Nathan Petrelli
mauboy1 - unknown
Schmidty - unknown
Neon Chaos - Lyle Bennet
Chief Rum - Matt Parkman
Barkeep49 - Daniel Linderman
Mr. Wednesday - Hiro Nakamura
Alan T - Molly Walker
Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #1510
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

You know, if you're going to accuse someone of being Sylar, might as well stop the "oh, he smells fishy" and "something's not right" posts.

I would actually rather have myself be in a race with anyone else who you think might be Sylar, considering my role really didn't give me much to work with (other than being Sylar fodder).
Old 03-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #1511
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well for fairness sake I'm a little suprised that Ando is in the game too.. but we know that is the case... So I'm trying to not necessarily pass judgement on that alone...

Although I will laugh if Neon ends up being sylar after I used him as my Sylar example all morning.

I'm not screaming "BS" on Neon's reveal, but I'm pretty surprised if this character is in the game. Ando is a much bigger player in terms of screen time than Lyle, so the only real comparison there is that they are normal people on the show instead of people with powers.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #1512
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Off to bed now. It's getting early.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #1513
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not screaming "BS" on Neon's reveal, but I'm pretty surprised if this character is in the game. Ando is a much bigger player in terms of screen time than Lyle, so the only real comparison there is that they are normal people on the show instead of people with powers.

I'm not jumping at Neon just yet, but if Jackal doesn't get PM rights by Monday at some point before deadline I might be willing to vote his way.

The one thing I'm debating on is whether or not I want to jump on a hunch for someone who might be Sylar but I'm pretty close to certain they aren't company or not.

I'm leaning towards not voting Neon regardless and allow whomever has actions have a chance to see if he's telling the truth or not with night actions.. and instead take a shot at someone who may or may not be company OR Sylar.. having a chance at two ducks at once is better than one in my mind.

We have the following non-reveals:

Render
Greyroofoo
Mauboy
Schmidty

Out of those four, some people had doubts about Render earlier in the game.. I highly doubt Greyroofoo is company, mauboy is way under the radar and Schmidty's only information is from me from night 4.

I'm sure it isn't a suprise, but right now I'm leaning towards voting Schmidty and taking a shot at someone who could be either Sylar or Company right now.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #1514
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

One day I shall live to the end as a villager. Just not a day in the near future it seems.

Good luck Heroes! Boo to the baddies, particularly the nasty man with the brain fetish.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #1515
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
One day I shall live to the end as a villager. Just not a day in the near future it seems.

Good luck Heroes! Boo to the baddies, particularly the nasty man with the brain fetish.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that was glad to see you back!

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #1516
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, there are a couple of huge roles that have not yet been revealed that I am almost certain will be in the game. Should be interesting to see how that shakes out ...
Old 03-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #1517
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

quiet......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #1518
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its Friday afternoon.. probably will be a ghost town all weekend.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #1519
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll be around.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #1520
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I've been trying to figure out why the Company would take out SnDvls. From a powers perspective, there were better revealed targets out there. In fact, there are others out there who also have spy capabilities. Here is the best I can come up with so far:

1.) He played a good game and had a pretty high level of trust
2.) Potentially some kind of risk/reward in his association with Hiro?
3.) Just figured he was unlikely to be guarded or be able to stop them (which, ironically, he had the ability to do)

Anyone else got ideas on this front?
Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #1521
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Thomkal, Schmidty, Lathum or anyone else have any information from last night about anyone?

I spied on Narcizo, so all I saw was that his/her head was cut open and dead.

Obviously, that does us no good.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #1522
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sure it isn't a suprise, but right now I'm leaning towards voting Schmidty and taking a shot at someone who could be either Sylar or Company right now.

If you vote for me, and I get lynched, you are taking out the most important villager in the game. Period. No joke or bullshit.

Since I know that not all of you are bad, I want to hear opinions from more than just Alan about whether I should do a full powerS (plural) and role reveal. I just don't feel comfortable, and I'm actually pretty pissed that Alan is pushing so hard for the reveal.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #1523
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, it seems everyone is revealing, so I may as well.

I'm Elle Bishop and I have the ability to shoot an electric current from my hands. Nothing too special here as I have the ability to add one vote to anybody's total. I can use this just once and I haven't used it yet, obviously.

I realize the character is part of the company in the real show but for this game I'm actually a hero.

My ability kind of sucks except in a situation where I can break a tie if I really want to. I'm not a good enough player or I should say I have no confidence in my abilities to add a vote on someone if needed. If there is no concrete evidence of anything, I doubt I'll ever add the vote since I don't want to be the one to eff everything up for the heroes.

So there you go, I'm a hero.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #1524
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
If you vote for me, and I get lynched, you are taking out the most important villager in the game. Period. No joke or bullshit.

Since I know that not all of you are bad, I want to hear opinions from more than just Alan about whether I should do a full powerS (plural) and role reveal. I just don't feel comfortable, and I'm actually pretty pissed that Alan is pushing so hard for the reveal.

Again, I ask you: If you want me to be target #1 the rest of the game, I'll reveal my role and powers. Hell, at this point, the fact that I've admitted that I have a powerful role probably already makes me a target, so it doesn't freaking matter.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #1525
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'll be around.

+1
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #1526
Schmidty
Coordinator

I notice that as soon as I ask for opinions on me revealing both Alan and hoops spend 5 minutes in the thread, and then both isappear at the exact same time.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #1527
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, I'm fine with you revealing. Only downside now as compared to earlier is that we have lost a bodyguard role. But if your role has some information that can help us with making good decisions, then I'm very interested in hearing it.

I actually put in my post and just now checked back, so I had not seen posts 1521 up to your post until I started typing my reply here.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #1528
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, now I'm reading your other posts above about concerns on the reveal - you've probably said enough that I can narrow you down to one or two roles. 80% one role, 20% the other role.

Given that there are only three people left out there, and that Sylar and/or the Company would want either one of those two roles out of the game, I think you are better served posting the information and then hoping that we have people out who can keep you around for awhile. Hopefully there are not too many bad guys left at this point ...
Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #1529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW Schmity I believe you.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #1530
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, no one quotes themselves and replies to themselves more than Schmidty
Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #1531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Does anyone else find it odd that literaly seconds after Ando/sndvls is killed Mr. Wednesday shows up as Hiro?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #1532
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I notice that as soon as I ask for opinions on me revealing both Alan and hoops spend 5 minutes in the thread, and then both isappear at the exact same time.

Considering that I just walked back in the door, that is a neat feat!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #1533
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm in the middle of some superman margaritas, but let me confirm that I have PM rights with neon. One thing we haven't discussed outright (at least not that I can remember) - what are the most easily faked abilities? I'd say spying on people is #1. This is all in an attempt to weed out sylar, of course.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #1534
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Does anyone else find it odd that literaly seconds after Ando/sndvls is killed Mr. Wednesday shows up as Hiro?

Not really, considering Sndvls said Hiro was around before he died, and it would be silly for mr.W to reveal as Hiro knowing there is another player who is Hiro
Old 03-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #1535
Schmidty
Coordinator

Screw it.

I am Peter Petrelli. I have the power of empathic mimicry. Every night, I lrandomly earn one power out of all of the successful power used that night. I sarted the first day with no power. After that, I learned the following powers:

Night 1 power learned: Class A power - Ability to dampen any power that is used upon any player. I can reduce, or possibly completely stop that power.

Night 2 power learned: Class A power - Flying ability. This means that I can choose to do one of two things ach night: Spy on someone, or completely protect myself.

Night 3 power learned: Class A power - Bodyguard ability. Straight-forward, normal bodyguard power except there isn't a rule that I can't protect the same person each night.

Night 4 power learned: Class A power - Ability to control any kind of technology. Every night, I can intercept communication from one chosen player to another if they get one, and I get it instead of them. If I do get the message, the other player simply gets a Yahoo spam messag from the GM.

The biggest thing: I CAN USE EVERY POWER ONCE PER NIGHT - MEANING I CAN USE ALL 4 DURING THE SAME NIGHT.

I got lucky to get all 4 class A powers. I kind of think my role is overpowered, but I suppose I could have gotten crappy powers or lynched by now.

There. Now you know.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #1536
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm in the middle of some superman margaritas, but let me confirm that I have PM rights with neon. One thing we haven't discussed outright (at least not that I can remember) - what are the most easily faked abilities? I'd say spying on people is #1. This is all in an attempt to weed out sylar, of course.
man i could use a margarita now......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #1537
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If it makes you feel any better Schmidty, I know that Barkeep wasn't lying so at least there is one bodyguard left in the game.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #1538
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty, I'm fine with you revealing. Only downside now as compared to earlier is that we have lost a bodyguard role.

Read the above post. I am a bodyguard AND can protect myself. I mentioned this to GM and asked if that means I'm invincible, and was told no. So there must be some other way I can die, and that's why I was hesitant.

I didn't want to reveal also, because I didn't want to waste my self-protect and not be able to spy each night.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #1539
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I was hoping that you would get to use the "avoid death" power that Path said he used, as that would help vouch for him being Adam Monroe and being attacked by Sylar (forcing him to use it).

You've got two different abilities that can protect you - so hopefully you can keep yourself around for a couple of days.

So, feel like sharing how you have used your powers up to this point? Anything good?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #1540
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

That power you learned night 4... That sounds like what was used against myself and then Thomkal twice... which means the person who used it should have gotten the information that we were meant to get.. right?

So far we only know one person in the game that is good with electronics.. Still room for another person though.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #1541
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is going to be interesting to see what kind of powers Sylar has at this point - Peter vs Sylar could be an interesting throwdown here, just like on the show.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #1542
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clap - Noah Bennet
Hoops - Claire Bennet
The Jackal - Eden McCain
nfg22 - Maury Parkman
RendeR - unknown
Thomkal - DL Hawkins
Lathum - Micah Sanders
path12 - Adam Monroe
Greyroofoo - unknown (some speculation based on powers)
DaddyTorgo - Nathan Petrelli
mauboy1 - Elle Woods
Schmidty - Peter Petrelli
Neon Chaos - Lyle Bennet
Chief Rum - Matt Parkman
Barkeep49 - Daniel Linderman
Mr. Wednesday - Hiro Nakamura
Alan T - Molly Walker

Greyroofoo - you've already indicated that NFG was telling the truth about your power. So that would rule you out for having an ability with electronics.

Which would leave RendeR as the person with this ability. Correct, RendeR?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #1543
hoopsguy
General Manager

And now they are both out of the thread ... hope that they read this and post soon.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #1544
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
So, feel like sharing how you have used your powers up to this point? Anything good?

Night 2 - I didn't know what else to do, so I used the dampen power on myself in case someone happy to try to use a power on me. I never got a result, so I'm assuming nothing targeted me.

Night 3 - As I mentioned, I spied on Lathum. He was in an internet cafe checking email, and then he left. NOTE - This was the when jeheinz72 PMed me to tell me I could use all of my powers each night, so I wasted the dampening one.

Night 4 - 1. Checked on Narcizo, and he was dead in a bathroom with head cut open. 2. Protected AlanT, nothing happened. 3. Dampen power on me, nothing happened.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #1545
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That power you learned night 4... That sounds like what was used against myself and then Thomkal twice... which means the person who used it should have gotten the information that we were meant to get.. right?

Yep. And the other person must be alive, because I got their power (Unless they got their action results and died the same night).
Old 03-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #1546
Thomkal
Head Coach

it's getting very very interesting. I'll likely be voting for Render if its confirmed he's the one sending the spam.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #1547
RendeR
Coordinator

I am Issac Mendez.

I am the painter, I see the future aka I am the Seer.

Nights 1-3 I scanned the following people and they are all verified heros:

Hoopsguy, Alan T, Thomkal

I got busy with family life today and never got a vote in thus did not get to scan anyone today. My bad guys.

I am also Chief Rum's new mental link, he can verify this.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #1548
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
it's getting very very interesting. I'll likely be voting for Render if its confirmed he's the one sending the spam.

I'm not sure that he is going to say he is that person - remember, someone is lying about their identity and is Sylar.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #1549
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I am Issac Mendez.

I am the painter, I see the future aka I am the Seer.

Nights 1-3 I scanned the following people and they are all verified heros:

Hoopsguy, Alan T, Thomkal

I got busy with family life today and never got a vote in thus did not get to scan anyone today. My bad guys.

I am also Chief Rum's new mental link, he can verify this.

Yep, this is who I expected to see revealed - I couldn't believe that the most natural person to be seer wouldn't be in the game.

So now we have all the reveals - real and fake - on the table.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #1550
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Heads up folks, if there are any questions looming, get 'em in now. I'm about to leave for the weekend (have a good one!)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote