Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #1451
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I have checked out the tape. If you watch one of the key plays his first game he rolled out to the right (remember he's left handed) and threw a 20 yard strike on the button. I'm not sure where your "he can't throw on the run" is coming from. His two INT's were both in the pocket INT's. He missed 13 passes the entire preseason, 3 of which were dropped. 8 of his 10 other incompletions came in the pocket, not on the run. So where are you getting your info from? Did you watch all 39 pass attempts (actually 42 if you count sacks and fumbles)? Because I did watch all of them.

The funny thing about the run is that the CB got the wind knocked out of him. He's going to run, just like any mobile QB will run. He'll learn to slide and get out of bounds as he gets older. Hell, Elway didn't grasp that until his 7th year in the league.

As far as CB's picking him off all the time? Yeah, he's a rookie. I know this is strange, but it really has nothing to do with Tebow. Rookies get picked off frequently. In the preseason and in the regular season. (20 INT's each for Stafford and Sanchez last year, Sanchez being blessed with one of the top Olines and running games in the league) Coming from the offense he came through, it's really not surprising he made some poor decisions. (I'd have been STUNNED if he hadn't) The thing that shocked me was how few of those poor decisions there was. He got picked off twice and two other throws could have been picked. Out of 42 drop backs? Not horrible.

Understand here, I'm not trying to justify Tebow as a God, a failure or saying what the Broncos gave up for him was right. He's on the team now no matter how we got him. I'm trying to judge him like I would judge any player on the team. Some people were saying at the start of the year he shouldn't even be in the league. He's won the backup QB job in camp without question. Other idiots were saying he'd be a God in his first year and Denver should start him opening day. Wrong. He's not ready to start opening day and may not be ready for another two years. (thought I think it will happen quicker than that based off what I saw)

I'll leave the hype/bashing to other people. I'm just trying to be objective in what I see. Take it for what it's worth.

TroyF wins
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #1452
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Big Ben's suspension reduced to 4 games for good behavior.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #1453
Epi_862
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I have checked out the tape. If you watch one of the key plays his first game he rolled out to the right (remember he's left handed) and threw a 20 yard strike on the button. I'm not sure where your "he can't throw on the run" is coming from. His two INT's were both in the pocket INT's. He missed 13 passes the entire preseason, 3 of which were dropped. 8 of his 10 other incompletions came in the pocket, not on the run. So where are you getting your info from? Did you watch all 39 pass attempts (actually 42 if you count sacks and fumbles)? Because I did watch all of them.

The funny thing about the run is that the CB got the wind knocked out of him. He's going to run, just like any mobile QB will run. He'll learn to slide and get out of bounds as he gets older. Hell, Elway didn't grasp that until his 7th year in the league.

As far as CB's picking him off all the time? Yeah, he's a rookie. I know this is strange, but it really has nothing to do with Tebow. Rookies get picked off frequently. In the preseason and in the regular season. (20 INT's each for Stafford and Sanchez last year, Sanchez being blessed with one of the top Olines and running games in the league) Coming from the offense he came through, it's really not surprising he made some poor decisions. (I'd have been STUNNED if he hadn't) The thing that shocked me was how few of those poor decisions there was. He got picked off twice and two other throws could have been picked. Out of 42 drop backs? Not horrible.

Understand here, I'm not trying to justify Tebow as a God, a failure or saying what the Broncos gave up for him was right. He's on the team now no matter how we got him. I'm trying to judge him like I would judge any player on the team. Some people were saying at the start of the year he shouldn't even be in the league. He's won the backup QB job in camp without question. Other idiots were saying he'd be a God in his first year and Denver should start him opening day. Wrong. He's not ready to start opening day and may not be ready for another two years. (thought I think it will happen quicker than that based off what I saw)

I'll leave the hype/bashing to other people. I'm just trying to be objective in what I see. Take it for what it's worth.

I get what your saying with the rookie thing. But that's not it with Tebow. Most rookies throw picks because they are not in tune with the system and haven't build self confidence or chemistry. All things coming out of Denver are pointing to the fact that Tebow is really well adapted to the playbook. Tebow's interceptions will not come so much from mental errors, but from combining his slow wind up with at times poor accuracy. It's one thing to throw against secondaries made up from other college guys and journeymen, but like i said before, real NFL corners will have a field day with the guy in his current form. That being said, they likely have a few money plays they run for him - his own package if you will - to eliminate this.

And i agree that the stats are good, but in my opinion completely irrelevant. When your looking at a preseason game with 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players, it's the intangibles you're looking for, and evaluating how they translate against good players - in my humble opinion anyway. I'll take up the offer to watch the film on him again, and open up what i was trying to say earlier.

And just to be clear Troy, wasn't try to attack you or whatever, i just love watching film, analyzing football and talking about it.
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #1454
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
I get what your saying with the rookie thing. But that's not it with Tebow. Most rookies throw picks because they are not in tune with the system and haven't build self confidence or chemistry. All things coming out of Denver are pointing to the fact that Tebow is really well adapted to the playbook. Tebow's interceptions will not come so much from mental errors, but from combining his slow wind up with at times poor accuracy. It's one thing to throw against secondaries made up from other college guys and journeymen, but like i said before, real NFL corners will have a field day with the guy in his current form. That being said, they likely have a few money plays they run for him - his own package if you will - to eliminate this.

And i agree that the stats are good, but in my opinion completely irrelevant. When your looking at a preseason game with 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players, it's the intangibles you're looking for, and evaluating how they translate against good players - in my humble opinion anyway. I'll take up the offer to watch the film on him again, and open up what i was trying to say earlier.

And just to be clear Troy, wasn't try to attack you or whatever, i just love watching film, analyzing football and talking about it.

Even if Tebow has a PERFECT grasp of the offense, what makes you think he'll be able to run an NFL offense in his first group of games? I've read in other places that both of his interceptions came because of his "slow" motion. Reality? Watch the tape. He did the unmistakable thing EVERY rookie QB does. He locked onto his first option, never looked away and threw the ball. You could have a Dan Marino release and John Elway power and have it taken to the house when you do that.

This is a guy who ran a college gadget offense for four years. This isn't a Sam Bradford or Marc Sanchez or Mathew Safford who ran an NFL style offense in college. It's going to take him time to adjust to the NFL. Again, I'm amazed the adjustment happened so quickly. (third or fourth teamers not withstanding)

He will be protected in his formations early this year. He'll have one or two reads early on. He'll run QB draws and sneaks (again, you just can't understand how bad Denver was in 3rd or 4th and short last year, it was embarrassing) He'll do the reading the defense work in practice.

When judging Tebow, let's look at Sanchez. Sanchez came out of a pro style system. He had a sensational running game, a great offensive line and a top 5 defense behind him. All he had to do was manage the game in the regular season. And he sucked at it. We all know they backed into the playoffs and got their despite of the rookie, not because of him. This isn't an indictment on Sanchez, it's how the NFL works. Rookie QB's get chewed up and spit out.

I'm still amazed at all of the Denver fans who forget about Elway when he was young. For those who don't remember, here are Elway's hightlights as a rookie:

Game 1 - On opening day against the Steelers, Elway lined up under RG one play.

For the season, he completed 47% of his passes. He had 14 INT's to go with 7 TD's. He fumbled the ball six times.

I know you can't judge a player based on a few preseason games. On the other hand, you can't hammer him to death either. If you'd told me the kid would win the #2 QB job out of camp this year, I'd have told you to get a CAT scan. He's had a good preseason. That's all I was trying to say.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #1455
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

With Ryan and Flacco, we had two "once in a generation" rookie QB seasons happen the same year. Then the very next year, we had Sanchez fall on a team with a top defense and running game and make the playoffs.

All of which, I think, combined to drastically increase our expectation for rookie QBs. Unless something has fundamentally changed about rookie QBs in the NFL, Ryan/Flacco/Sanchez are the historical outliers.

As long as Denver's fans and coaches expect almost nothing out of Tebow this season, then they should be fine. The problem will come if Orton struggles and the fans start a huge Tebow push. That could cause a disaster.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #1456
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Crayton traded to Chargers, guess they are giving up on Jackson.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #1457
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Big Ben's suspension reduced to 4 games for good behavior.

As much as it disgusts me, this actually excites me for my fantasy team where I got him for $7. I was counting on him missing 37% of the season and thus only producing 63% of his last year's numbers (which is why I hedged by taking McNabb too), but 75% of his numbers is a huge improvement over that.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #1458
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Does Maroney get traded to Denver now? Seems like it would be a fit.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #1459
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Possibly, but the Pats need some youth in the back field. I'm not much of a fan, but at least you know what to expect from him. Same can't be said about BenJarvis.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #1460
Arles
Grey Dog Software

What does Maroney give over Moreno or Buckhalter? I'm not sure the Broncos are eager to fill the "dances a lot but doesn't gain many yards" role in the backfield
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #1461
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Seahawks are rumored to be cutting Housyourmomma and Julius Jones (good riddance). Couldn't trade Housh because he's got $7 mill guaranteed this year, and he's a #2 at best. Thanks Tim Ruskell!

Maybe clearing room and money in the future to get that V-Jax deal done? Who knows...

Last edited by SnowMan : 09-03-2010 at 08:40 PM.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #1462
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
As much as it disgusts me, this actually excites me for my fantasy team where I got him for $7. I was counting on him missing 37% of the season and thus only producing 63% of his last year's numbers (which is why I hedged by taking McNabb too), but 75% of his numbers is a huge improvement over that.

Are you in my fantasy league, rumple-pigskin?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #1463
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

rumple-pigskin? what's that? the name of your league? or some deranged nickname?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #1464
Swaggs
Coordinator

Has T.J. Housh deteriorated that much already or is this strictly financial?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #1465
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Has T.J. Housh deteriorated that much already or is this strictly financial?

Probably a combination of him not being what they were expecting and finances. He just isn't a #1 receiver in any system and was being paid as one. Even at his peak he was a #2 guy that made a living as a possession receiver while Ochocinco took the double coverage.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #1466
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'd just figure that he'd be worth having in an uncapped year.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #1467
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Guy in my league took McNabb and Roethelisthamburguesa.

Odd.

If you were in my league, then you'd be talking about my sweet Jerome Harrision pickup in the seventh round.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #1468
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Guy in my league took McNabb and Roethelisthamburguesa.

Odd.

If you were in my league, then you'd be talking about my sweet Jerome Harrision pickup in the seventh round.

LOL - which league? the fofc auction draft?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #1469
Swaggs
Coordinator

In unrelated news, Steelers have definitely made the following cuts:

TE Eugene Bright, OG Dorian Brooks, OT Kyle Jolly, WR Brandon London, TE Sean McHugh, DT Scott Paxson, LS Matt Stewart, S Justin Thornton, RB Justin Vincent, LB Renauld Williams

Nothing too exciting here. McHugh and Vincent have been on again/off again Steelers.

Two more semi-surprises are also being reported, but not verified:

Kraig Urbik, a third rounder last season, has reportedly been cut (or told that he will be). Kind of a surprise there and a definite whiff by the FO.

Frank Summers, a big running back, is also reportedly being released. He was a later round pick last season, but was kind of a fan/blogger favorite (Steelers' fans seem to always be looking for the next Bus).
Old 09-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #1470
B & B
College Benchwarmer

DT,

Nope, its a B&M league down here on the island. The guy with your QB rotation is an Aussie transplant via Mass, so hes a Pats fan.

The draft was before the reduction in suspension, but still a good 10th round pick.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #1471
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
DT,

Nope, its a B&M league down here on the island. The guy with your QB rotation is an Aussie transplant via Mass, so hes a Pats fan.

The draft was before the reduction in suspension, but still a good 10th round pick.
Down there on which island?

Absolutely a good late-round pickup - the suspension-reduction just makes it even better.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #1472
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Kraig Urbik, a third rounder last season, has reportedly been cut (or told that he will be). Kind of a surprise there and a definite whiff by the FO.

I played HS football with him, not a big fan.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #1473
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So tired of the 2nd and 3rd round whiffs. What is the window on this team swaggs? 2 years?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #1474
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So tired of the 2nd and 3rd round whiffs. What is the window on this team swaggs? 2 years?

I dunno. If we hit on one of these two receivers, I think we might have longer than you think. Our OL and DBs (Polamalu aside) have been shit for a few years now. Ward, Hampton, and probably Harrison and Polamalu are probably only good for two more though. I think we have enough young DBs and LBs that we will hit on a few and replenish.

I'd think that having Roethlisberger, Wallace, the LBs, Heath Miller, and Mendenhall put us in as good of shape as anyone. Would have been nice to still have Santonio in that core, though.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #1475
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I played HS football with him, not a big fan.

He had every opportunity to earn a job. It isn't like we are stacked at guard.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #1476
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
He had every opportunity to earn a job. It isn't like we are stacked at guard.

I thought I'd remembered reading that the Steelers had trouble at guard and he wasn't playing any. I guess I could clarify that I wasn't saying I'm not a fan of the move but that I was never a big fan of Urbik.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #1477
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm also at the point where I don't feel good about cheering for Big Ben. Also the fanbase annoys me. I like a lot of guys on the Packers so I might just follow the Pack for now. The constant stream of "he was never arrested". That crew especially pisses me off and I feel like a jackass for ever cheering for or defending Raplisburger.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #1478
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I don't really get the hate for Roflmaoburger. What has he done that at least half the players in the NFL haven't done?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #1479
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't really get the hate for Roflmaoburger. What has he done that at least half the players in the NFL haven't done?

Played at a high level and won two Super Bowls.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #1480
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Half the league is going to underage bars and sexually assaulting barely 18 girls while their bodyguards stand watch?

Hell, if that's true and its that easy, then Roethlisberger is the only one out of hundreds to get caught doing it, and deserves all the hate for being a complete moron.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #1481
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Has Big Ben been convicted or anything?

Or is Ben such a criminal mastermind that is quite adept at hiding all his crimes.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #1482
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Has Big Ben been convicted or anything?

Or is Ben such a criminal mastermind that is quite adept at hiding all his crimes.

Nah he just has enough money (1.5million purportedly) to make 19 year old meth heads shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Crayton traded to Chargers, guess they are giving up on Jackson.

And apparently my buddy Marty Hurney slept in the Panthers office and never knew he was available. So they will enter the year with exactly 1 NFL WR
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #1483
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Half the league is going to underage bars and sexually assaulting barely 18 girls while their bodyguards stand watch?

Hell, if that's true and its that easy, then Roethlisberger is the only one out of hundreds to get caught doing it, and deserves all the hate for being a complete moron.

So now it's an underage bar (what exactly is that?) and she's 18...

He's an moron, yes. But he is so much worse morally than the rest of the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Two more semi-surprises are also being reported, but not verified:

Frank Summers, a big running back, is also reportedly being released. He was a later round pick last season, but was kind of a fan/blogger favorite (Steelers' fans seem to always be looking for the next Bus).

Urbik I am not suprised.

Summers, most 'experts' have written him in to the roster. Does this mean Wright is making the roster as the FB?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #1484
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
He's an moron, yes. But he is so much worse morally than the rest of the league?

He bought and served liquor to an underage woman, whom was later escorted to a public bathroom by one of his bodyguards who then proceeded to block the entrance/exit, while Ben engaged in sexual contact with the woman, who within minutes sought out a police officer on the street and accused Ben of raping her.

Call me crazy, but it's not that hard a distinction to make.

As for whether he was convicted of anything, he admitted to the police the he bought and served alcohol for a minor, the DA said he admitted and was likely guilty of buying and serving alcohol for a minor but charges would not be pressed/filed by the DA's office because it would also involve pressing charges against the 'victim' in the alleged rape (and underage drinking is not a felony charge and not the DA office's responsibility). Finally, he was suspended for buying and serving alcohol to a minor, and the suspension announcement contained no reference to the alleged rape, so he is being suspended for a crime for which he may not be convicted of, but a crime for which he was certainly caught, a crime which the DA said he was 'probably' guilty of, and a crime to which he admitted his guilt to the police.

...again, the distinction is pretty easy to make. Maybe half the league is doing that same stuff on a nightly basis....they're not getting caught doing it red-handed in the middle of a rape investigation, admitting to it in a police interview, and having their local DA go on TV and point to their guilt.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-04-2010 at 10:13 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #1485
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Undrafted FA Max Hall outta BYU has taken over as the Cards #2 QB. He'll end up starting half the games this year imo.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #1486
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Leinart and Housh cut.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #1487
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Heads are rolling today.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #1488
Thomkal
Head Coach

:::sighs at the news Leinart has been cut.::: I think its pretty clear that Coach Whisenhunt never had much confidence in Leinart, so probably for the best that he move on. I hope he finds a team where he has a chance to start this season rather than say a backup to Peyton Manning.

I think my beloved Cards will be lucky to win any games this season now with Derek Anderson at the helm.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #1489
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Housh would fit in nicely with the Vikings, veteran guy who can fill in until Rice gets back
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #1490
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
:::sighs at the news Leinart has been cut.::: I think its pretty clear that Coach Whisenhunt never had much confidence in Leinart, so probably for the best that he move on. I hope he finds a team where he has a chance to start this season rather than say a backup to Peyton Manning.

I think my beloved Cards will be lucky to win any games this season now with Derek Anderson at the helm.

As a Browns fan I kinda wonder what Anderson can do when he's throwing to someone of Fitzgeralds ability compared to what he had in Cleveland, but yeah I don't see Arizona doing much this season.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #1491
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
He bought and served liquor to an underage woman, whom was later escorted to a public bathroom by one of his bodyguards who then proceeded to block the entrance/exit, while Ben engaged in sexual contact with the woman, who within minutes sought out a police officer on the street and accused Ben of raping her.

Again, he was convicted? Or was there such lack of evidence that Ben wasn't even charged.

As for buying alcohol, I bet that a good chunk of Americans have bought and/or served to people under 21. These are not vile people. Most are good and decent people.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #1492
Danny
Head Coach

And how many of those served that alcohol to someone underage with the intent of getting him/her to have sex with them? Even the story Ben told does not reflect well on him. And saying there must be others who have done the same is not an excuse for a behavior.

And that's even assuming Ben told the truth which I suppose is possible, but the other way is possible as well. Unfortunately, rape trials are very hard to prosecute, especially when the accused is someone famous with gobs of money.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #1493
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

It's not like he was accused once and got off, it's twice now. Most players are able to avoid being accused of rape twice within a year, no? I'm sure he's just really really unlucky. Twice. On top of these multiple alleged rapes there's all sorts of stories about him being a disrespectful jerk to anyone and everyone he meets.

He also plays on the Steelers, immature douchebag jackasses tend to stand out there more than say, the Bengals, Jets or Cowboys. On top of the fact that he road the talent on that team to a pair of superbowls. Which annoy people even more, given what a complete and utter asshat he is.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #1494
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Rape trials are also hard to prosecute with no evidence.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #1495
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I bet Leinart will be starting Week 1. This is probably just sending a mesage.

Heh.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #1496
rjolley
College Starter

With these solid vet WRs available, the Bears have to grab one to help out that group, right?

Right?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #1497
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

As for whether he was convicted of anything, he admitted to the police the he bought and served alcohol for a minor, the DA said he admitted and was likely guilty of buying and serving alcohol for a minor but charges would not be pressed/filed by the DA's office because it would also involve pressing charges against the 'victim' in the alleged rape (and underage drinking is not a felony charge and not the DA office's responsibility). Finally, he was suspended for buying and serving alcohol to a minor, and the suspension announcement contained no reference to the alleged rape, so he is being suspended for a crime for which he may not be convicted of, but a crime for which he was certainly caught, a crime which the DA said he was 'probably' guilty of, and a crime to which he admitted his guilt to the police.

...again, the distinction is pretty easy to make. Maybe half the league is doing that same stuff on a nightly basis....they're not getting caught doing it red-handed in the middle of a rape investigation, admitting to it in a police interview, and having their local DA go on TV and point to their guilt.

My favorite argument against him is the bolded.

She was in a bar...it's his job to check her ID?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #1498
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

If it was some random guy who took a girl to the bathroom and had his buddies block the entrance so no one could get in, you would see it with different eyes. But he throws Touchdowns for your favorite team so it's cool if he sexually assaults a girl.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #1499
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Can anyone fill me in on the Leinert situation? He didn't seem horrible enough to cut in preseason. I can understand the benching, but I just haven't heard what's happened.

Is it an attitude issue? Lack of effort? What's the deal with the whole situation? I'm guessing this is much deeper than a lackluster preseason.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #1500
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Can anyone fill me in on the Leinert situation? He didn't seem horrible enough to cut in preseason. I can understand the benching, but I just haven't heard what's happened.

Is it an attitude issue? Lack of effort? What's the deal with the whole situation? I'm guessing this is much deeper than a lackluster preseason.

Leinart needed to win the job or he'd be a distraction for whoever was the QB. Seems like they decided to cut their losses.