Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #1451
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I told DT what was asked of me and that Autumn came representing him. The words used were "I have the ability to confirm roles. If you send me your role I can confirm it and send that information to DT. I am doing this so we can help DT build a circle of trust. It was not exactly said that DT authorized this but it was heavily implied...

Quote:
I did not make a big deal out of it...I just asked DT and he thought that it was suspicious cause he was not made aware of it. I also think it is suspicous because Autumn threw a quick vote on me....For the record I still think it was out of hand and could be a quick way for the wolves to prioritze kills.

Think about this..Im not saying it is true but just think about it. Autumn is a wolf. Autumn sends out asking to confirm roles. Autumn obviously knows who villagers are,so every villager wants to build a COT. Thus Autumn knows all villagers will give an honest reply. So Autumn confirms most villagers and a few wolves...making them into the COT with a fair amount of villagers. This way Autumn and more wolves join COT...they have a list of the best roles to kill....they kill a few....we lynch a few more because they arent in the COT....and bam...game is very close to over...

I know its a long shot but that is how i think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Wait. I don't recall DT giving us the names of the two people who PM'd him about wanting to use their powers against Autumn. Did I just miss that or something?

Telle, this is what I was referring to.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #1452
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
WTF? Danny? Im glad it isnt me but random? Especially when your the one who spearheaded the dont go with DT but go with voting records...im confused but kinda relieved?

I haven't played enough with Danny to know his style, but he's nowhere on my personal trust list right now though I have no real reason to distrust him either. Solidly neutral for me at this point, so I've got no problem with him getting a vote.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #1453
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
PM @ 1215...I agree totally and will follow your advice...

I think he was referring to (and I was answering about) you being one of the two people Autumn messaged, not you being one of the two who wanted to kill him.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #1454
Danny
Head Coach

In fairness to Autumn, he has had some suspicions of me starting yesterday I believe.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #1455
path12
Coordinator

Danny, why didn't you vote day 1? I think you said something but am way too busy to find it now.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #1456
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

guys I am a page back but I don't necessarily want to spell ut wo is on the "ht" list right now for fear of making them targets.

I will say that my feelings in this case are based on more than role-pm's.

still got a page to catch up
Old 07-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #1457
Danny
Head Coach

I had company over, so wasn't paying close attention to anything that was happening in the game. I ended up losing track of time and came in at about 6 and the lynch already happened.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #1458
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think he was referring to (and I was answering about) you being one of the two people Autumn messaged, not you being one of the two who wanted to kill him.

ok...np. I just wanted to be off the list of people who tried to use their powers against Autumn cause I did not.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #1459
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
guys I am a page back but I don't necessarily want to spell ut wo is on the "ht" list right now for fear of making them targets.

I will say that my feelings in this case are based on more than role-pm's.

still got a page to catch up

Hmmm, I will unvote because of this, but I'm not sold necessarily on going by this list 100%

Unvote NFG
Old 07-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #1460
Danny
Head Coach

Votes as of post #1463:

1 - Autumn - nfg (1132)
1 - PurdueBrad - path (1347)
3 - nfg - PurdueBrad (1417), king (1418), The Jackal (1419)
1 - The Jackal - Thomkal (1411), Pass (1425)
1 - Danny - Autumn (1450)
1 - Chief Rum - Telle (1428)
Old 07-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #1461
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

While I haven't gotten an answer on NFG's play style, I find his explination to be slightly more persuasive than Jackal's right now. So based on Danny's vote history analysis, I think Jackal is the best bet. And I'm going out after work tonight (can't miss trivia night at the bar!) and don't want to be caught without a vote when my suspicions are tingling.

Vote The Jackal
Old 07-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #1462
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Beep, beep, beep, beep...
Old 07-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #1463
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Poli
Old 07-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #1464
Danny
Head Coach

I am going to get going soon. I am bringing my laptop with me to class today, so I may be able to check in, but may not depending on what we are doing.

I am going to stick with my analysis and go with Jackal now that DT doesn't want us to vote for NFG.

Vote Jackal
Old 07-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #1465
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Who Posted? Total Posts: 1,468
User Name Posts
DaddyTorgo 276
Danny 123
Autumn 122
The Jackal 95
Passacaglia 87
hoopsguy 66
nfg22 57
claphamsa 54
Alan T 47
path12 47
JAG 44
Barkeep49 44
PurdueBrad 43
BrianD 36
ISiddiqui 35
EagleFan 33
Chief Rum 32
Thomkal 28
Poli 27
kingfc22 26
Tyrith 26
ntndeacon 23
Schmidty 23
Telle 19
henry296 18
saldana 16
KWhit 11
PackerFanatic 3
Plutonium 2
lerriuqs 2
chesapeake 1
jeheinz72 1
RendeR 1
Old 07-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #1466
Autumn
Head Coach

Ntndeacon has gone under the radar lately, hasn't he? Kind of weird. Schmidty is also strangely quiet.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #1467
Thomkal
Head Coach

oh my the Clock has one less post than me, I better post some more.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #1468
Danny
Head Coach

Both are very quiet, which is not unusual for either. It makes NTN impossible to read, though Schmidty generally is more active if he has an important role (such as wolf).
Old 07-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #1469
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Ntndeacon has gone under the radar lately, hasn't he? Kind of weird. Schmidty is also strangely quiet.

Yeah.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #1470
The Jackal
Coordinator

Danny, honestly, you're a good player, what makes you think I'm a wolf? People keep pointing to your "vote analysis". Because my votes were early and on people we don't know about I'm the best person to go after? Seems kind of foolish.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #1471
The Jackal
Coordinator

You're just rubbing me the wrong way, and now that you've made your intentions clear, and that people are apparently going to move off NFG because DT doesn't want us to vote for him..

unvote NFG

vote danny
Old 07-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #1472
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not going to be around a lot this evening, we have a guest. I'd really like to see consolidation of votes. I had hoped that this game would allow us to lynch more often and get a quicker voting record, but hasn't worked so far. I'm willing to go to Jackal if it's the way to get a vote consolidated.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #1473
Autumn
Head Coach

or stay where I am ;-)
Old 07-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #1474
The Jackal
Coordinator

Voting for me is going to be a waste of everyone's time.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #1475
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm willing to stand by nfg22 for now.

DT hasn't really gotten us anything yet, so I'm hesitant to unvote and move over to jackal or danny. Of course this could end up biting me in the end, but I'm going to stick with my own gut feeling for now.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #1476
The Jackal
Coordinator

Funny how we're going after 3 of the top 6 posters, eh? Makes you think about the people that are keeping quiet.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #1477
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You're just rubbing me the wrong way, and now that you've made your intentions clear, and that people are apparently going to move off NFG because DT doesn't want us to vote for him..

unvote NFG

vote danny

It seems to be you're just voting for whoever as long as it's not you, so other than the voting record (which is not good, though a number of others players look poor as well), your play seems to have desperation in it.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #1478
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
It seems to be you're just voting for whoever as long as it's not you, so other than the voting record (which is not good, though a number of others players look poor as well), your play seems to have desperation in it.

I completely disagree that my voting record is "not good". Either you're a wolf or you are making me lose faith in WW.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #1479
Danny
Head Coach

How is your voting record good? You have early votes to establish candidates. You're right that if NTN is a wolf, you're voting record is good, but otherwise it's not. Wolves like to hide behind votes for villagers that are not lynched. There are a number of voting records which are not good and quite honestly much of what I am going off of is due to DT's trust of NTN. Maybe that is a mistake, I don't know.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #1480
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Lose faith in WW?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #1481
Danny
Head Coach

There was also movement off of you day 1 to other players. You also have never unvoted which is very wolfish if NTN and PB are in fact not wolves. I do realize there is a lot of assumptions here, but at this point I was going with DT's trust of NTN and my read that PB is not a wolf.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #1482
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
How is your voting record good? You have early votes to establish candidates. You're right that if NTN is a wolf, you're voting record is good, but otherwise it's not. Wolves like to hide behind votes for villagers that are not lynched. There are a number of voting records which are not good and quite honestly much of what I am going off of is due to DT's trust of NTN. Maybe that is a mistake, I don't know.

I never said my voting record was good. But to say it isn't good.. I can't agree with that. It's unknown. And I'd hardly say it falls on the bad side of unknown, since there's still a fair amount of suspicion on NTN and PB.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #1483
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Lose faith in WW?

Yeah, as in playing what you think is a good game to help the village and getting crucified for it, hopefully by wolves, but often times it's usually just misguided villagers trying to grasp at something to give them justification for a vote.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #1484
Danny
Head Coach

Alright, I am leaving now, but I will check in later. If arguments for other candidates can be made, I am open to that. I actually wouldn't mind DT posting what his thoughts of NTN are as my vote is based off the assumption that NTN is good.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #1485
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
There was also movement off of you day 1 to other players. You also have never unvoted which is very wolfish if NTN and PB are in fact not wolves. I do realize there is a lot of assumptions here, but at this point I was going with DT's trust of NTN and my read that PB is not a wolf.

I didn't unvote NTN to go to KWhit, that hardly seems like a negative decision.

And I didn't unvote PB because I wasn't ever fond of the run on clap, which I repeatedly said.

Would it have honestly looked better if I moved my vote from a candidate with votes to someone random?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #1486
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, as in playing what you think is a good game to help the village and getting crucified for it, hopefully by wolves, but often times it's usually just misguided villagers trying to grasp at something to give them justification for a vote.

But then you need to create arguments for other players, just quickly voting for whoever else comes up is not the way to win us over. You're play is either a disparate wolf or frustrated villager. Unfortunately, often times either way it gets you lynched. If you're a bad candidate, tell us who is a good one.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #1487
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, I've got to head out. I guess I will leave my vote where it is and see if there's more time when I get back. I think Danny, Jackal and NFG are all good suspects so I'm interested to see how the runoff goes.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #1488
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
But then you need to create arguments for other players, just quickly voting for whoever else comes up is not the way to win us over. You're play is either a disparate wolf or frustrated villager. Unfortunately, often times either way it gets you lynched. If you're a bad candidate, tell us who is a good one.

I'm certainly frustrated. NFG I felt was a good candidate, and I still feel he is, I've already said that wasn't purely self-preservation.

As far as other candidates, it seems like we're being limited in who we can target based on this trust list of DT which none of us know who exactly is on it.

I still think the list of five people that voted for the two villagers who've been lynched is a good place to look. I can see the argument that some of them were just "following Jack" but that's a good place for a wolf to hide. NFG is one of those, yes? CR is another, who I'd definitely consider. How does DT feel about him?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #1489
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't unvote NTN to go to KWhit, that hardly seems like a negative decision.

And I didn't unvote PB because I wasn't ever fond of the run on clap, which I repeatedly said.

Would it have honestly looked better if I moved my vote from a candidate with votes to someone random?

Not really, I understand you don't agree with it (either cause you are a wolf or you know you're a villager), but you are one of a group of players who I think has some suspicious votes. The primary reason I voted for you, was the way you responded to that.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #1490
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Not really, I understand you don't agree with it (either cause you are a wolf or you know you're a villager), but you are one of a group of players who I think has some suspicious votes. The primary reason I voted for you, was the way you responded to that.

Alright, thanks for your reasoning. I still disagree that they aren't suspicious, but yeah, I guess that's because I know I'm a villager. I'm sorry I tried to defend my voting.. should I have just kept silent?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #1491
Danny
Head Coach

CR is actually still on my suspect list as well. I'll tell you what, since I have already unvoted three time, I will unvote you for now and see what develops before I check in again.

Unvote Jackal

I do really need to go now
Old 07-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #1492
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Alright, thanks for your reasoning. I still disagree that they aren't suspicious, but yeah, I guess that's because I know I'm a villager. I'm sorry I tried to defend my voting.. should I have just kept silent?

Defending your votes is fine, this is a game of disagreement
Old 07-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #1493
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I wont be back till very late tonight so I hope all goes well.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #1494
The Jackal
Coordinator

unvote danny

We'll see what develops.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #1495
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

He was pretty vocal when he had votes on him but once that was over I don't recall much since.

I'd be willing to vote him again.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #1496
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

@5:01pm - nothing specific to say. nothing to say to you privately as far as voting that I wouldn't say publicly
Old 07-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #1497
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I know you also mentioned saldana's and Telle's voting record and they've gotten very little attention. I don't understand why Jackal's record stands out any more than theirs, except for what you say about his being willing to vote anywhere but himself and being possibly frustrated.

My gut says we've got some (plural) wolves laying low.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #1498
path12
Coordinator

As a matter of fact, to put my money where my mouth is:

UNVOTE PURDUEBRAD
VOTE TELLE

Per usual, mostly just curious to see what will happen.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #1499
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ntn and chief rum are both "available to vote on" if you will.

guys - I have a good trust list but I don't want to publicly reveal it yet and put targets on those people. it makes no sense right now.

I am sure its frustrating, but im trying not to say too much.

ntn and chief rum are both "no information". chief is on the "no way to verify his power wasgood for the village" list and ntn is on the "pushed to use power against autumn" list and the "could be tested under right circumstances.

note that the push against autumn is not automatically damming in my mind.

@cape league game
Old 07-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #1500
path12
Coordinator

Me, a GM and a clock. Quiet afternoon.