Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #1451
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Maybe. I think it's pretty suicidal for the wolves to leave the seer alive, though. I guess that Blade has cleared somebody he shouldn't have. Whether innocently or not, I don't know.

That's why I brought the issue of the black dressed man up. No one has commented on this yet.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #1452
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
That's why I brought the issue of the black dressed man up. No one has commented on this yet.

Well, I don't know how to interpret it. It seems to fit with how Blade says his role works. But, it could also be a messenger from a real seer. Or, it could be something else.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #1453
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm not going to say anything else on the matter until blade shows up.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #1454
Fouts
College Starter

Lot of questions today;

Why won't Tyrith or Brian comment on the fact that both of them were supposedly at hoops' door on night 1?

Who is controlling path?

What will blade's reaction be when he arrives this morning?

What is Tyrith's reason for revealing so quickly? It appears he wanted to beat blade to the punch, but why would he need to?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #1455
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Lot of questions today;

Why won't Tyrith or Brian comment on the fact that both of them were supposedly at hoops' door on night 1?

Who is controlling path?

What is Tyrith's reason for revealing so quickly? It appears he wanted to beat blade to the punch, but why would he need to?

Dude, I ALREADY commented on hoops door night 1. TWICE.

And it was more beating hoops to the punch than blade, blade was just another reason.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #1456
Fouts
College Starter

Well, I'm out for a few hours. I hope somebody can sort this all out while I'm gone.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #1457
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Dude, I ALREADY commented on hoops door night 1. TWICE.

And it was more beating hoops to the punch than blade, blade was just another reason.

No, you commented on the hooker. Don't you find it curious that you and brian were at hoops door all night, but neither mentioned the other?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #1458
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
No, you commented on the hooker. Don't you find it curious that you and brian were at hoops door all night, but neither mentioned the other?

I was gone for a while. *shrug* I don't stick around all night, just until I'm confidant that nothing bad is going to happen.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #1459
Tyrith
College Starter

Actually, on night one I was at the door until dawn, so it must have been while I was taking my piss, which, seeing that the hooker snuck in and was already well engaged with hoops by the time I got back, must have been a REALLY LONG piss.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #1460
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm going to conclude that you are on our side. I can't figure out a good reason for a musketeer to take 2 days off when he could be killing people.

He was just removed from the voting, we don't know if he had no night actions -- why couldn't he be a musketeer, be safe for two days from duels/lynches and kill at night?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #1461
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
He was just removed from the voting, we don't know if he had no night actions -- why couldn't he be a musketeer, be safe for two days from duels/lynches and kill at night?

Too powerful, IMO.

Ok, I'm out of here for a few hours. I hope hoops and blade can sort this out.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #1462
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Too powerful, IMO.

Ok, I'm out of here for a few hours. I hope hoops and blade can sort this out.

Powerful, yes. But we have some powerful good guys, do we not?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #1463
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I don't believe anybody can vouch for me. Were I in your shoes, I might worry about me having been converted. But I haven't been. Better to lynch me than somebody with a real role, though.

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #1464
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't believe anybody can vouch for me. Were I in your shoes, I might worry about me having been converted. But I haven't been. Better to lynch me than somebody with a real role, though.

I don't know that I really suspect you or not, I just don't think that we can rule you out like Fouts seemed to.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #1465
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I don't know that I really suspect you or not, I just don't think that we can rule you out like Fouts seemed to.

I think you and LSG might be the only people I am really comfortable ruling out. Maybe Fouts. So, I agree.

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #1466
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you and LSG might be the only people I am really comfortable ruling out. Maybe Fouts. So, I agree.

Well, barring a lucky RNG, that'll be down to LSG and Fouts today. I am good in one of the swordplay categories but just average in everything else, so we'll see what happens.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #1467
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm also confused as to why Tyrith is thinking he has to pre-empt hoopsguy. Does he think hoops has some new dirt on him? Does he think hoops was the man in black?

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #1468
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I'm also confused as to why Tyrith is thinking he has to pre-empt hoopsguy. Does he think hoops has some new dirt on him? Does he think hoops was the man in black?

No, but I think hoops was tired of me not talking about my role and was going to smoke me out today one way or another, so I figured I'd play nice and volunteer it before he started going to town on me.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #1469
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
No, but I think hoops was tired of me not talking about my role and was going to smoke me out today one way or another, so I figured I'd play nice and volunteer it before he started going to town on me.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really recall hoops being all worked up about you. I'd like to go back and look through some of the posts -- was this yesterday evening?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #1470
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I can move my vote, but it doesn't mean a damn thing without 1-2 other people coming into play.

As it sits right now, I believe Tyrith is the only player who hasn't said anything about his role. In fairness, he has not been around near the deadline. But we are at the end of Day 3, and the question was posed by both Dubb and I earlier today to the people who had no published info.

Well, OK, I see this from yesterday. And he did vote for you. But frankly, it's not really the level of 'hoops is going hard after me today', is it? And also, I don't think hoops is 100% trusted this game yet either, especially if Blade comes into some question based on your observation last night.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #1471
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Well, OK, I see this from yesterday. And he did vote for you. But frankly, it's not really the level of 'hoops is going hard after me today', is it? And also, I don't think hoops is 100% trusted this game yet either, especially if Blade comes into some question based on your observation last night.

I don't really understand how Blade has come into question based on what Tyrith has said. Are we just upset that the man was dressed in black?

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #1472
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really recall hoops being all worked up about you. I'd like to go back and look through some of the posts -- was this yesterday evening?

It wasn't that he was all that worked up, but it was going to come up. I couldn't keep dodging the questions of who I am all day, I figured, without really getting us all off the right track. This way we can focus on other people, and I really don't lose that much considering how many people are left and what I'll be doing tonight.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #1473
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm not saying that blade's bad, but this is something we at least have to look at, isn't it? Blade is fully capable of having had us fooled with what's he doing this entire time; it really hasn't been that much.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 AM   #1474
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm not saying that blade's bad, but this is something we at least have to look at, isn't it? Blade is fully capable of having had us fooled with what's he doing this entire time; it really hasn't been that much.

I'm fine with this, I'm always suspicious of Blade, but I just don't see how what you saw last night means anything at all. It sounds like almost EXACTLY like what you would expect to see based on what Blade had said.

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #1475
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I'm fine with this, I'm always suspicious of Blade, but I just don't see how what you saw last night means anything at all. It sounds like almost EXACTLY like what you would expect to see based on what Blade had said.

Perhaps. I think it will be clearer whenever he tells us about his scan.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #1476
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't really understand how Blade has come into question based on what Tyrith has said. Are we just upset that the man was dressed in black?

I don't think he's come into question yet, but it is a rather interesting observation that deserves some explanation IMO.

Also, I don't know for certain that Blade has been vouched for, has he?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #1477
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I was definitely going after Tyrith last night and probably would have continued to ask him questions today. If I didn't like the answers, then I would have pushed harder.

Tyrith and I have played enough games, and chatted enough outside of other games, that I trust him when he says why he came forward with his information at the time he did.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #1478
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Lot of questions today;

Who is controlling path?

Sorry Fouts, I just saw this and your earlier question now. I've been dealing with some work projects off and on today.

I didn't stay at Hoops' door very long. I'm a fairly timid fellow and stick around just long enough to see who people are interacting with. The hooker was already there when I got there, but I didn't see any guard. I'm guessing that if I had seen a guard, I wouldn't have gone anywhere near the door. Maybe the leak in the plant was the perfect opportunity for the hooker to sneak in and me to hear her.

I still find it interesting that ntndeacon had been suspected earlier, and then got a hooker the same night that we only have one kill. I'm really starting to wonder if Dubb blocked ntndeacon's kill last night.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #1479
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I am a little surprised that everyone picked Hoops on night 1. The way I understand it, I listened at his door, Blade sent his spies there, Tyrith guarded his door, and Dubb sent a hooker. That really is quite a lot going on. I realize that Hoops is one of the most talkative players, but I'm surprised nobody sent anything to Blade or Alan.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #1480
hoopsguy
General Manager

So everyone can agree I didn't leave my room on Night 1
Old 12-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #1481
st.cronin
General Manager

I completely forgot ntndeacon was still around.

unvote Coffee Warlord
vote ntndeacon

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #1482
st.cronin
General Manager

hoops, what are your thoughts on what we should do today?

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #1483
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I am a little surprised that everyone picked Hoops on night 1. The way I understand it, I listened at his door, Blade sent his spies there, Tyrith guarded his door, and Dubb sent a hooker. That really is quite a lot going on. I realize that Hoops is one of the most talkative players, but I'm surprised nobody sent anything to Blade or Alan.

Um, a couple of people tried--and succeed--to KILL Alan night 1, if I recall :P
Old 12-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #1484
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Um, a couple of people tried--and succeed--to KILL Alan night 1, if I recall :P

Well, yes. I just seemed odd that all of the good guys went to Hoops and most of the bad guys went to Alan. I guess everyone just likes Hoops better.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #1485
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, yes. I just seemed odd that all of the good guys went to Hoops and most of the bad guys went to Alan. I guess everyone just likes Hoops better.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #1486
st.cronin
General Manager

It's also odd because my own perception is that Alan is more effective as a villain, and hoopsguy more effective as a villager. So, if I were a mouseketeer, I would be about 100 times more likely to target hoops than Alan.

knives out
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #1487
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
It's also odd because my own perception is that Alan is more effective as a villain, and hoopsguy more effective as a villager. So, if I were a mouseketeer, I would be about 100 times more likely to target hoops than Alan.

I'm still wondering if there wasn't a third faction making the second night kills.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #1488
hoopsguy
General Manager

What to do today - well, I was waiting for Blade to show up to see if he had any information to share. Looks like he is viewing the thread now.

After that, I think we make a decision on duel vs single candidate as far as the vote today, followed pretty quickly by listing candidates.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #1489
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, it seems pretty clear that we are going to have a duel today. If that goes poorly we can also evaluate seeking duels, but I'm not sure how well that will turn out based on the lack of them during the first three days.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #1490
Blade6119
Coordinator

Catching up now, have about 15 minutes before i head out for lunch then ill be around to talk most of the afternoon i believe.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #1491
Blade6119
Coordinator

I had 2 visitors last night tyrith, not 1. One came twice, and the one you saw came once.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #1492
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I had 2 visitors last night tyrith, not 1. One came twice, and the one you saw came once.

So what do you think abut Tyrith?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #1493
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So what do you think abut Tyrith?

I think hes prob. good, as knowing who he saw if he was evil he wouldnt report it to you all.
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #1494
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

So does that line up with Dubb sending you a visitor? And, if so, who the heck was visiting NTN, do they line up with Path's accounts, and who is sending them?

Blade, can you shed some light on the guy in black with the yellow flower who Tyrith witnessed?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #1495
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, can you clear another person for today, Blade?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #1496
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I think hes prob. good, as knowing who he saw if he was evil he wouldnt report it to you all.

Blade, what happened last night?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #1497
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If he was guarding you, why would he see one person but not two?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #1498
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
If he was guarding you, why would he see one person but not two?

Same reason I didn't see you night one, probably; I don't catch all of his visitors, especially if they aren't there to cause trouble.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #1499
Blade6119
Coordinator

The first visitor(and last i guess) was my servant taking my order and then returning with the results. The 2nd visitor was a conversion attempt.

Now, i felt this was fairly well out there, but if im an ex-musketeer who sold them out with an uncontrollable rage, do you really think im going to be able to become a musketeer again? My role stipulates i cannot become a musketeer again. Of all the players alive, why try to convert me? I didnt tell you i couldnt be converted for just this reason, but im a little stunned they did actually try. Wouldnt my story kind of imply that im less likely to be converted then any other guard? No offense bad guys, but last night might have just cost you the game if that was a one-time power. I hate and hunt musketeers, why would i be able to become one again? *rant over*

My order for last night was briand, and he is not a musketeer. Therefore i trust him about his views of hoops, DT, and whoever he watched last night.
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #1500
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill be back in an hour
Demotivation