Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
funny how real life is a reason for you and no one else

i'm not a bad guy

my reasons for the pairings was to see where other's trust was
molson and you are at the bottom

I see how you can manulipate it though just like the whole blade set up

I voted molson first yesterday before anyone else

Real life is real life and you are fully entitled to yours.

The last time we were badguys together, hoops taught me about the "oh shit" moment... you should ask him about it after this game is over.

These are just my thoughts, but I don't think molson is a wolf and I think you are.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #1452
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
-Because I believe contrary to post 1364, Farrah can read.

Yep. But if you notice, I've been pretty lost this entire game. Didn't know who Frank was, never seem to know who was killed and generally don't know wtf is going on.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #1453
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

here's the question...do we all believe that we've been manipulated by a WW vet very well to this point? that we've knocked off a ton of people that we thought we trusted, and that blade was setup very well?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #1454
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
here's the question...do we all believe that we've been manipulated by a WW vet very well to this point? that we've knocked off a ton of people that we thought we trusted, and that blade was setup very well?

I believe there is at least one vet and one newbie among the wolves. As to whether there are more newbies or wolves, not sure. This is on my assumption there are at least three wolves.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #1455
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Real life is real life and you are fully entitled to yours.

The last time we were badguys together, hoops taught me about the "oh shit" moment... you should ask him about it after this game is over.

These are just my thoughts, but I don't think molson is a wolf and I think you are.

what's the "oh shit" moment? will you share with me after the game?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #1456
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Did anyone else notice the werewolf kills come rather quickly after the day ends? Is that normal?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #1457
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Did anyone else notice the werewolf kills come rather quickly after the day ends? Is that normal?

I haven't played enough to know if it is normal, but my guess is that the wolves are around at the deadline. Of course, most of the group is present at that time, so I am not sure if that helps us much.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #1458
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well if we think we've been twisted all around each other all along, then I think the thing to do is to look at a certain SnDvls. he's been there since the beginning and has only just been questioned now, after everyone that has been close to him has been eliminated...
Old 08-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #1459
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I think it is a safe bet that there is, at least, a vet on the werewolf team and that Dr. Reimann definitely played Blade perfectly. That said, let's not overdo this vet thing too much. Right now, there are far more dead vets than rookies, and there have been plenty of games were new players clean up.

Roles are randomly assigned and each person's style of play is different regardless of experience, so I don't think it is worth focussing on in a broad, general sense.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #1460
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Since I work again in the day time, I may have to try to do this on my own, and piece it together. I may not be able to get home in time to read your posts on it.

Heh, heh, tough to do with 30 pages to go through.

It goes quicker than you think. Took me about 30 minutes for Tanglewood. But I'm slow. And dead.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #1461
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
what's the "oh shit" moment? will you share with me after the game?

Sure.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 PM   #1462
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if we're looking for a WW vet wolf that has been "trusted" and has been in a position of influence so far, SnDvls and Gram are the two that have led things along, with Gram being a bit more vocal and thus maybe a little less likely IMO? Or more likely because he's been more vocal and trying to hide in plain sight?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #1463
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

on all other WW games i played we had to wait till the morning to find out the night actions. but its not happening like that this game. maybe because the game is simpler and everyone has fewer options at night he can get it done sooner
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #1464
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just throwing Gram. and SnDvls out there for consideration.

my vote is still looking towards molson or SnDvls although i think it's true, we'd be better off knocking off a wolf than dracula
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #1465
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yep. But if you notice, I've been pretty lost this entire game. Didn't know who Frank was, never seem to know who was killed and generally don't know wtf is going on.
I've got a note by your name regarding the Frank thing as well. I thought that was odd along with the "What are Masons?". If there is one thing you would read it's the first page with the rules. I had dropped the frank thing in the background because Blade did the same thing (asked who Frank was).

Are you a wolf?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #1466
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think it is a safe bet that there is, at least, a vet on the werewolf team and that Dr. Reimann definitely played Blade perfectly. That said, let's not overdo this vet thing too much. Right now, there are far more dead vets than rookies, and there have been plenty of games were new players clean up.

Roles are randomly assigned and each person's style of play is different regardless of experience, so I don't think it is worth focussing on in a broad, general sense.

sounds like what i said earlier. if we put a little heat on the newbies one might crack and show his (or her) hand. i know my first game i was a wolf and i did make some mistakes that would tip off some people.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #1467
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
on all other WW games i played we had to wait till the morning to find out the night actions. but its not happening like that this game. maybe because the game is simpler and everyone has fewer options at night he can get it done sooner

Agreed.

Usually, there is something like a 9:00 PM deadline for the votes/daytime writeup and then at 9:00 AM the night action writeup is revealed.

Seems like st. cronin has this one down so that the daytime/voting deadline is 8:30 PM and night action is 30-60 minutes afterwards.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 PM   #1468
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
I've got a note by your name regarding the Frank thing as well. I thought that was odd along with the "What are Masons?". If there is one thing you would read it's the first page with the rules. I had dropped the frank thing in the background because Blade did the same thing (asked who Frank was).

Are you a wolf?

I wish. Then I could talk to the other players and laugh at how suspicious of everyone y'all are.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:13 PM   #1469
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

Are you a wolf?

ok im going to defend Farrah here (even though i think she is the most likely newbie wolf). my first game i played ( god im tired of saying that) i didnt fullt read the first page rules, only what my role was. i voted for the most trusted person in the game because i didnt read the rules and promptly got voted out
Old 08-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #1470
Lorena
Unregistered

I suspect Sndvl for all the reasons mentioned, but also because he seemed to have defended Farrah after my accusation of her.

Who would defend a suspected wolf than a fellow baddie?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:17 PM   #1471
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
ok im going to defend Farrah here (even though i think she is the most likely newbie wolf). my first game i played ( god im tired of saying that) i didnt fullt read the first page rules, only what my role was. i voted for the most trusted person in the game because i didnt read the rules and promptly got voted out
Yes, but the difference is she generally just watches everything else. There are other terms that she waits to see everyone else talk about and thus determine what it is. The frank and masons comment seem like an attempt to post anything versus total silence. Plus Masons have been discussed for days and identified as important. Why didn't she ask the first time it popped up?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:22 PM   #1472
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Question for you... why not vote for SnDvls here? He voted for you today and there is, at the very least, a tiny bit of evidence that he could be a werewolf. I understand going on gut at times, but am just curious here.

It's tempting, and he's definitly in my top 3 suspects (I've voted for him before, and it wans't a throw-away vote - it nearly caused a 3-way tie). I mentioned him as a suspect on another occasion as well, when no one else was talking about him. Thus, my best guess right now is that they're both wolves.

Sndvs will be in the running tomorrow, or whenever we resume. So will I. I think Farrah should be part of that discussion as well. A 3-way race increases the survival liklihood of the only person I'm 100% sure is a villager.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 PM   #1473
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Molson and Swaggs,

Why am I not at the top of your suspect lists?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #1474
Fouts
College Starter

This is like a big car wreck on the freeway. I keep slowing down to take a look.

The CARNAGE!!!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #1475
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Molson and Swaggs,

Kind of an odd question to ask, isn't it?

Old 08-17-2006, 11:37 PM   #1476
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Molson and Swaggs,

You are still on it, but others have moved well ahead of you.

I feel like molson is likely Dracula and SnDvls is a likely werewolf. I think bulletsponge and Farrah are also up above you, as well.

See Posts 1326 and 1336 if you want more detail.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #1477
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I feel like molson is likely Dracula and SnDvls is a likely werewolf. I think bulletsponge and Farrah are also up above you, as well.

What is it that makes you suspicious of me?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #1478
Swaggs
Coordinator

st. cronin, are we intended to know if masons are more than villagers after they are dead or do they take their secrets to the grave?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 PM   #1479
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

and me?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:41 PM   #1480
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
st. cronin, are we intended to know if masons are more than villagers after they are dead or do they take their secrets to the grave?

There will be full role reveal at death. No masons have died yet.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 PM   #1481
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok im going to bed, got work tomorow. no need to jump the gun and vote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 PM   #1482
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
What is it that makes you suspicious of me?

You were the most erratic poster of the first two days, in that you threw out a ton of ideas. To me, that is always suspicious early on, as it plants a ton of seeds for people to branch out from and head, more times than not, in the wrong direction. Then, once you survived a few votes, you seemed to withdrawl a bit.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:43 PM   #1483
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I mean, you have laid two votes on me, I pushed for Blade, he was good and you are off me and onto others.

Post 1336 just says I posted a frustrated Ugh after Blade was villager. That was after you voted for me twice.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:44 PM   #1484
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Molson and Swaggs,

It's not that I actively think you're a villager. Day 1, I definitly couldn't imagine a wolf would start a 22-person game with a bunch of new people by bickering as much as you did. Since then, I've always just had a stronger opinion about someone else.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 PM   #1485
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
and me?

See post #1336. Beyond molson and SnDvls, you and the others listed are well below the others that I suspect.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:50 PM   #1486
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I mean, you have laid two votes on me, I pushed for Blade, he was good and you are off me and onto others.

Post 1336 just says I posted a frustrated Ugh after Blade was villager. That was after you voted for me twice.

I laid two votes on you because you were the most erratic poster and made a lot of noise the first two days.

Last night, the evidence pointed strongly at Blade and, even though he was a villager, he was the best bet to be lynched when you factor in the switched vote that saved him the day before and the Frankenstein summons (which, to me, indicates a threatened player wanting to use his powers before it is too late). He was set up very well, but if we hadn't killed him last night, we would continue to suspect him until we lynched him.

And now, I think molson and SnDvls are much better candidates than you are, so I will not vote for you until they are either dead or cleared.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:42 AM   #1487
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, path, sorry i couldnt keep you alive...our trust of each other lead to your death, and anxietys as well(well, his trust of me). I aplogize to both of you for taking you guys with me when i died.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:48 AM   #1488
Blade6119
Coordinator

DOLA, thank you to torgo for honoring his promise to be to try to kill my top suspect. Only time will tell if you are right to do so, but it means a lot to me you placed the vote. Back to valhalla for me
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #1489
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, off to work again for the day, hopefully back before the deadline if I need to make a change.

VOTE SNDVLS

I decided to buy into Swaggs' theory for now. It's not strong, but the evidence isn't strong for too many people left in the game.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:06 AM   #1490
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I laid two votes on you because you were the most erratic poster and made a lot of noise the first two days.

Last night, the evidence pointed strongly at Blade and, even though he was a villager, he was the best bet to be lynched when you factor in the switched vote that saved him the day before and the Frankenstein summons (which, to me, indicates a threatened player wanting to use his powers before it is too late). He was set up very well, but if we hadn't killed him last night, we would continue to suspect him until we lynched him.

I'm not sure I've expressed it this clearly, but even though the topic is kind of old at this point I wanted to say that this was my thinking on Blade.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #1491
Lorena
Unregistered

I don't think we can go wrong with a Farrah or Sndvls vote at this point

VOTE FARRAH

Her questions after my accusation solidify that she's playing the "I'm just a noob and don't know wtf is going on" card.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #1492
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well, I am very suprised and dissapointed that Blade was a good guy. Path and Anxiety, I guess you were right all along and we were being taken for a ride.

Onto today however, I am currently not really to sure where to go with my vote. Molson does look a bit suspicious, I agree he has been acting very, I dunno, odd throughout the game. The big thing though is how 3 of his 4 voters are now dead. At the moment I am not so sure what that says. I think it could well be that all the bad guys pilled onto Blade knowing he was going down and they wouldn't get heat when he came up clean. Could SnDvls however be Dr. Reimann? Setting up Blade, then seeing through his own set up to come up smelling like roses at the end? I can;t off the top of my head remember why SnDvls voted for Molson and not Blade, but I'll look it up and see what clues that might give us.

As to guys who Blade, Anxiety and Path saw as suspicious, well I guess we can take some pointers but they were all normal guys who didn't have any special insight. I do think they are as good a place as any to start however.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #1493
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I don't like his finger pointing at me.
Blade I hope your right on this or I'm probally the next to go.

vote molson

This was his post where he voted for Molson.

In hindsight, I'm not sure why I'm going down this path on SnDvls. He has been very quiet and a bit wolfy, I voted for him a couple of days ago, but I'm not sure how much him being the only living dude left who was on Molson means, if anything.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #1494
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So what does the fact that molson has consistently been on the losing person mean? I think that does give me enough pause, as bad guys often try to have better voting records than that. I think that gives me enough pause to

Unvote molson
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #1495
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
This was his post where he voted for Molson.

In hindsight, I'm not sure why I'm going down this path on SnDvls. He has been very quiet and a bit wolfy, I voted for him a couple of days ago, but I'm not sure how much him being the only living dude left who was on Molson means, if anything.
SnDvls whole matchup strategy seems weird, at best, and out of character to boot. I think that is a good reason to start down the path of SnDvls, at the very least.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #1496
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think we are headed down a bad road today, as the votes seem to be all over the place. I would really like to see molson or SnDvls get lynched today and see how the voting shakes out with that, particularly if it is close.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #1497
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think we are headed down a bad road today, as the votes seem to be all over the place. I would really like to see molson or SnDvls get lynched today and see how the voting shakes out with that, particularly if it is close.
I agree it's in our interests now, as it is generally, to get 2 or 3 candidates with votes. 3 lynch candidates is still infomrative, I feel, with this amount of voters. But we are essentially in a modified D1 until we can get a bad guy and start getting some info.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #1498
Swaggs
Coordinator

BK, what do you think the odds are that molson is Dracula? If he is, I think I would rather switch my vote from him to SnDvls (who I feel is a wolf), as Dracula is pretty non-threatening right now.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:50 AM   #1499
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, what do you think the odds are that molson is Dracula? If he is, I think I would rather switch my vote from him to SnDvls (who I feel is a wolf), as Dracula is pretty non-threatening right now.
Honestly? I can't tell one bad guy from another. I mean theoretically dracula would have the same voting record as a villager, that is at random, since they have no insight into who the bad guys are. I agree that it's better to find a wolf, or Dr. R (who can at least find out if someone is bad or not in order to form an evil COT) than Drac. That's one reason why I downgraded molson. I am currently debating between Farah and SnDvls for my vote.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #1500
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm surprised at what a slow day this has been.