Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #1451
molson
General Manager

I don't think these fans have any clue who any of these people are.

They should have done this show in Boston or NYC or Philly.

Last edited by molson : 12-10-2007 at 09:00 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #1452
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Gangrel, Scotty 2 Hotty, ... who was the black dude I just got a glimpse of ... never mind, that's Flash Funk. And Steve "Skinner" Keirn. Jim Neidhardt. And Sgt Slaughter ... and a frightening Gillberg (that is Duane Gill, right?)

Bill "Goon" Irwin & The Mean Street Posse's Pete Gas round it out, I believe.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #1453
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Y'know, I kind of respect the fact that Bischoff doesn't try to hide his gray hair.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #1454
Joe
Pro Starter

yessssssss DiBiase!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #1455
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Bill "Goon" Irwin & The Mean Street Posse's Pete Gas round it out, I believe.

I had totally forgotten about Wild Bill Irwin even doing the Goon gimmick.
I'll admit to having to look that one up.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #1456
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
My wife asked as I watched the intro again this morning, "When did Jon Bon Jovi become a wrestler?"

I admit, I LOL'ed.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #1457
molson
General Manager

I didn't quite catch it, but Dusty Rhodes said something about "finally" having a son wrestle on RAW. Uhh.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #1458
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

damn, i want to wrestle Trish, id even let her pin me
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #1459
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Anyone want to lay odds that Janetty turns on HBK?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #1460
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, I was wrong. But that was the least surprising ending to Raw ever.

KICKWHAMSTUNNER
Old 12-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #1461
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Kudos to Regal and Punk (amongst those I saw) for have a Pop bash. Punk sporting his usual Pepsi and Regal with the Coke.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #1462
Schmidty
Coordinator

That was the worst crowd I have ever seen. They should be embarrassed, and the city should never be given another big show. Brutal.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #1463
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Kudos to Regal and Punk (amongst those I saw) for have a Pop bash. Punk sporting his usual Pepsi and Regal with the Coke.

I didn't see Punk but I did notice Regal & appreciated it.
Also noticed Jericho basically faked his sip.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #1464
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

No Rock?

LAME
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #1465
Joe
Pro Starter

No Bret.. and I don't think that was actually Foley under the Mankind mask
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #1466
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No Rock?

That absence was basically a given, as he's pretty much bigger than the show at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe

I wasn't too surprised about Bret not being there, and I had the same thought about Mankind /= Foley.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #1467
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well that was unexpected (RVD just kicked Santino's ass).

A squash.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 AM   #1468
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
mark out time for dibiase

i admit it...it totally marked out when his music hit...that was the highlight of the show for me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:50 AM   #1469
Flasch186
Coordinator

From the hour I saw the audience wouldnt pop for anything. I agree, they sucked the life out of the show although I think I though the show sucked anyways, from what I saw.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 AM   #1470
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

One of the more interesting things about last night's show will come later, when we see the ratings for it. Kind of a damned-if-you-do situation. If they're good, they're supposed to be, especially considering the advance hype. But if they're bad then that might be the worst sign yet for the ratings (although with the new contract they just signed I guess it doesn't matter nearly as much as it might have).
Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #1471
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i admit it...it totally marked out when his music hit...that was the highlight of the show for me.
I can't believe they didn't have DiBiase shaft some fan like he used to - that would have been the highlight of the show.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #1472
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
One of the more interesting things about last night's show will come later, when we see the ratings for it. Kind of a damned-if-you-do situation. If they're good, they're supposed to be, especially considering the advance hype. But if they're bad then that might be the worst sign yet for the ratings (although with the new contract they just signed I guess it doesn't matter nearly as much as it might have).
Last week Raw was up against the highest-rated Monday Night Football, and the highest rated cable show ever. This week it's the Saints and Falcons, so not many people were watching football I imagine.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #1473
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't believe they didn't have DiBiase shaft some fan like he used to - that would have been the highlight of the show.
They should have had that kid he kicked the basketball away from 20 years ago show up and beat him down.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #1474
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I guess this goes a little hand in hand with wrestling. I was visiting my aunt in the hospital last night. She was watching People's Court and one of the defendants ended up being none other than Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #1475
TLK
Pro Starter

This makes me happy.

edit: (yes.... in more ways than one. )

Last edited by TLK : 12-11-2007 at 08:52 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #1476
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
They should have had that kid he kicked the basketball away from 20 years ago show up and beat him down.

That would have gone down as one of the top five greatest moments in wrestling history. Especially if (though they never would have done this) he just showed up out of the blue, beat him up, and then only made a comment about the basketball as he was walking away from the beatdown.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #1477
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

The Foley thing was very strange. He was defintitely at the show, I saw backstage pictures of him, but it definitiely was not him in the ring. The hair didn't match up with the backstage picture, and was clearly a wig. And there was zero closeups up his face (and about a billion closeups a few minutes later of Taker and Austin).

Either he had an early flight to catch, or someone made a bet that they could pull off an impersonation.

Last edited by molson : 12-11-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #1478
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Wow - Sunny lost about 200 pounds - good for her.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #1479
molson
General Manager

Quote:

4.1 off of hours of 3.4, 4.5 and 4.3. (So a 4.4 in the regular time slot).

The last time they had higher than 4.4 was January-February 2006. (Edge's 1st WWE Title Reign, Including the infamous "Live Sex Celebration".) Before that, you have to go back to early 2002 to find back to back weeks of 4.4 or higher.

So a very solid rating, but for a novelty show - I would expect them to be back to normal next week.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #1480
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
So a very solid rating, but for a novelty show - I would expect them to be back to normal next week.
Especially since there really wasn't anything in the show that would make somebody who had stopped watching but tuned in out of curiousity want to stick around for future weeks.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #1481
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Especially since there really wasn't anything in the show that would make somebody who had stopped watching but tuned in out of curiousity want to stick around for future weeks.

It does sort of illustrate their problem when you look at the comments in this thread during last night's show.

We popped over DiBiase, seemed like everybody enjoyed the surprise (apparently one night only) return of RVD. We noticed Hogan, I almost always get a kick out of seeing Austin be Austin, we talked about The Goon.

And virtually none of us seemed to give a damn about anything that involved the active roster (even I thought last night's Jericho outing was just so-so).
Old 12-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #1482
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Watching Man Up on inDemand. Definetly the best PPV of the year. No question. Only cost 10 bones. Can't beat it.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #1483
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Briscoes vs Steen & Generico Ladder Wars match is probably better then any TLC match WWE has done. It's brutal. It's sick. It's fucking amazing.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #1484
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Briscoes vs Steen & Generico Ladder Wars match is probably better then any TLC match WWE has done. It's brutal. It's sick. It's fucking amazing.

We watched it Sunday evening. Although it was very damned good, to be completely honest I thought NWA-Anarchy had a better ladder match at their Hostile Environment show back in June.

The always incredible recap from Larry Goodman read as follows:
6) Awesome Attraction (Austin Creed & Hayden Young) beat Hollywood Brunettes (Kyle Matthews & Andrew Alexander) and Seth Delay & Adrian Hawkins in a Ladder Match to retain the NWA Anarchy Tag Team Titles (19:10). This was nuts. The belt was hung 15 feet above the ring. Three ladders of various sizes were ready and waiting. There was some comedy stuff early with the heel teams trying to get to the belt from an impossible distance below. Hawkins knocked Attraction off an 8 foot ladder with a springboard back elbow. That looked dumb. The action started to pick up. Alexander took a top rope bump onto the 6 foot ladder. Matthews ran up the ladder for a great dropkick on Creed. What followed were some of the most psychotic spots in Anarchy history. Two of them involved Young. From the top turnbuckle, he vaulted over the 8 foot ladder for a legdrop from the heavens onto Matthews. He topped himself by climbing to the top of the twelve foot ladder for a frogsplash onto Delay, who sold it like he was about to puke up a kidney. Delay launched a huracanrana off the 12 foot ladder onto Alexander, who was about halfway up the 8 foot ladder.Delay busted out the reverse 450 for a great crash and burn spot. Brunettes did the Sheeney Curse (double knee gutbuster/double stomp) off the ladder. Hawkins was the first to climb the 12 foot ladder and reach the belt, before getting knocked off. Matthew also got a touch. Matthews absolutely risked his life by taking a backdrop over the top of the 12 foot ladder onto a bridged ladder some 10 feet below. Creed appeared to have a clear path to the belt, but Delay whacked his ankle with a chair and climbed. Young slipped off the ropes on a springboard to the ladder ala Shelton Benjamin. Too bad. It would have made for a killer finish if he had hit it. Delay took a bump from near the top of the 12 footer and Young grabbed the gold. In victory, Young’s face showed his disappointment with missed spot. Creed was selling like his ankle was shot. All of the heels needed help from security to make it to the back. A jaw dropper of a match.

Best match I've ever seen in person, best ladder match I've ever seen period.
You know it's some sick stuff when my son turned to me during the match and said "they need to stop now, somebody is going get hurt or killed for real".

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-11-2007 at 09:37 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #1485
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Jon - Pick up PWG Battle of Los Angeles. You can get all three nights for like 35 bucks. I got mine the other day. It's unreal. Definetly a great pick up.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #1486
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The Foley thing was very strange. He was defintitely at the show, I saw backstage pictures of him, but it definitiely was not him in the ring. The hair didn't match up with the backstage picture, and was clearly a wig. And there was zero closeups up his face (and about a billion closeups a few minutes later of Taker and Austin).

Either he had an early flight to catch, or someone made a bet that they could pull off an impersonation.

They showed clips from the show on ECW and showed a picture of Foley with the Mankind mask off during the beer bash, so it was him.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #1487
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
And virtually none of us seemed to give a damn about anything that involved the active roster (even I thought last night's Jericho outing was just so-so).
True, but that's because they didn't even try to give any of the current guys a "rub" from the old stars.

Just as an example, how do you have a show like this without Cena? I know he's hurt and probably can't do much, but he can't come out and do some mic work? This is the guy they're building around for the future, wouldn't it have been worth it to fly him in and let him have some screen time with Austin?

You can't even say that they're keeping him out of the spotlight while he's hurt so that his return will have a big impact, since he was all over the interview and highlight packages.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #1488
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just noticed that a quick cut of Foley exiting up the ramp & removing the Mankind mask to grin at the camera was included in the "last week on Raw" opening montage tonight.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #1489
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I thought this was a pretty interesting ratings note. I can't think it bodes well for TNA overall.

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/head...99941729.shtml
Last Thursday's edition of iMPACT! drew a 1.14 rating, with an average audience of 1.5 million viewers.

Despite the star power of various former WWE stars and home-grown stars, not to mention the "Deal or No Deal" briefcase storyline that took place throughout the show, the top-rated quarter hour of the show featured the match between Velvet Sky & Angelina Love vs. Ms. Brooks and Ms. Jackie Moore. Their segment drew an impressive 1.3 rating, which looks to be the high-rated, non-gimmick quarter hour in the history of iMPACT! (non-gimmick means when it's not measuring based on another show, such as the lengthy CSI overrun that ran the week before, or the first quarter hour after UFC's Ultimate Fighter). This marks the second week in a row in which the women's match was the highest-rated portion of iMPACT! as the Gail Kim vs. ODB match with the Awesome Kong run-in gained 165,000 viewers and drew a 1.27 rating. The show's overall rating was a 1.09.

Furthermore, when they put all that star power out to build the main event during the same show (the 12/6 iMPACT!); Samoa Joe, Nash, Booker T, Young & Kaz vs. Kurt Angle, Christian, AJ Styles, Tomko & Roode, it drew a pretty good 1.16 quarter hour rating. However, the main event later in the show featuring all that talent drew a lackluster 0.97 rating. Additionally, the ladder match featuring Team 3D vs. Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal lost 248,000 viewers. And a match between Christopher Daniels & Senshi lost 234,000 viewers.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #1490
molson
General Manager

TNA just needs to go head to head with RAW. Give casual WWE fans (who can't really remember when TNA is on) something to flip to during commercials and slow segments. I'm not saying they're anywhere close to competing, I just believe that they'll get better numbers opposite RAW than some random other night during the week. Monday night is wrestling night.

Last edited by molson : 12-17-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #1491
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Monday night is wrestling night.

Except for much of the opening 25 minutes tonight apparently.

That was one of the more bizarre wastes of TV airtime I've seen in a long time.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #1492
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Except for much of the opening 25 minutes tonight apparently.

That was one of the more bizarre wastes of TV airtime I've seen in a long time.

A friend called and I was watching it on mute - please tell me it would have made more sense with the sound on. (Though I'm guessing not).
Old 12-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #1493
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A friend called and I was watching it on mute - please tell me it would have made more sense with the sound on. (Though I'm guessing not).

Maybe marginally but that's about it I'm afraid.

Trips was reasonably okay , Hardy let his NC accent show more than usual which was interesting in a way, but on the whole ... dreadful.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #1494
molson
General Manager

Jeff Hardy must have really kicked the meth - I never in a million years thought the WWE would trust him with high profile angles.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #1495
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What the hell happened with the 3 Edges?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM   #1496
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
What the hell happened with the 3 Edges?

The Major Brothers are apparently going to become a sort of undercard stable for Edge.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #1497
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Also, before I forget to mention it, I really enjoyed seeing the run sheet for TNA that was floating around on the internet last night. Kind of cool if for no reason other than it revealed the producers of each segment (most of which were Russo) and that I can't recall ever seeing one for a wrestling show before.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #1498
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The Major Brothers are apparently going to become a sort of undercard stable for Edge.

Roger. Thanks.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #1499
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Also, before I forget to mention it, I really enjoyed seeing the run sheet for TNA that was floating around on the internet last night. Kind of cool if for no reason other than it revealed the producers of each segment (most of which were Russo) and that I can't recall ever seeing one for a wrestling show before.

There's 1 or 2 floating around for old RAW shows (Of course, on a quick Google search, all I could find was a on-camera D/X reference to "run sheets")

Very interesting though - to see what matches were "assigned" to Ricky Steamboat or Arn Anderson.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #1500
molson
General Manager

The WWE WCCW DVD kicks ass.

Shameless plug (only because I've been inspired to do more regular updates).

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=58343