Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 PM   #1451
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I bet you have an invisible girlfriend too huh?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #1452
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I guess its just my game.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #1453
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'm chillin online if anyone wants to play. I'll be around for probably another hour or so.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 PM   #1454
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can you recruit invisible players?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:28 AM   #1455
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Are you high or is there really such a thing as the "invisible man?"
It's real, I've never seen it though. Have no idea how they are doing it.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #1456
Raiders Army
Coordinator

meh. The game is fun. I got my first "freeze" on the PS3 this morning. I had 1 second left in the third quarter and it didn't go to the plays. The play clock ran out and the camera just moved around the stadium. I paused the game, went into the instant replay and came back out and no problem.

If it would've broken on me, I would have hurled my controller through something since it was a good game.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #1457
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's real, I've never seen it though. Have no idea how they are doing it.

I think its a glitch if you remove the safety from doing what he's suppose to be doing. (On defense) And makes it as though there are 12 men on the field, but hey I guess I am high.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #1458
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Were you playing with Texas A&M because they do boast about their 12th man!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #1459
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
I think its a glitch if you remove the safety from doing what he's suppose to be doing. (On defense) And makes it as though there are 12 men on the field, but hey I guess I am high.

I play with the safety plenty (depending on what I'm doing) and never seen this happen.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #1460
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

What do you mean remove him from what he's supposed to be doing?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #1461
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
What do you mean remove him from what he's supposed to be doing?

For example if the free safety is suppose to be playing a deep zone and you (without changing his assignment to blitz) blitz manually.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #1462
KWhit
Coordinator

I do that all the time with no problems.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #1463
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I do that all the time with no problems.

I am going to try it on my buddies game later tonight to see if it was just my game/XBOX360.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #1464
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, Adam (OMT) has posted that the 2nd patch which is the gameplay patch has been finalized. Depending upon how quickly it gets through EA's QA and MS/Sony's certification process, it "could" be out in 2 to 3 weeks. Of course, the first patch has already taken longer than expected to get through that same process.

Here is his post on what it addresses:

Oh.. I thought it was leaked to Pasta Padre? This is the stuff we got...

- Ability to view your Online Dynasty HQ through EA Sports World
- Improved online performance

Dynasty
- Fixed a couple recruiting exploits
- Faster simming between weeks
>>
Custom Stadium Sounds
- The "All" option will now only work when the user is the home team
>>
Gameplay
- Improved coverage on kicks
- Hook Zones depth keeps defenders in their zones
- Fixed an issue with the Strafe Catch
- Allow fumbles to occur when diving
- WR screen routes improved
>>
Bug Fixes
- AI sliders for will now work correctly
- An issue with missing stats after simming has been fixed
- Ball carrier will no longer run out of bounds when changing hands and heading towards the sidelines
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the slot receiver to burn the safeties in a prevent defense
- Fixed a bug where the the ball would hit the cross bar, drop through, and not be counted
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Hot Routes from working

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-01-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #1465
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If anybody is around over the next couple days, I got my X-Box back and am looking to play some.

BVest1121
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #1466
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wade Moore, nice game. We were 14-0 before a disconnect, but he put up a couple nice deep passes over my bad coverage. The only thing I can say for myself is that a couple of those frustration big hits that I had felt good.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #1467
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Holy shit, my campus newspaper is harsh.

"Bottom dwellers Army and Temple play this weekend."

something like "Worst of college football plays this weekend as Army takes on FCS East".

You'd think they'd try to run a positive article like about how one of our safeties was recently drafted by the Lions...
Old 08-02-2008, 07:41 AM   #1468
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
FWIW, Adam (OMT) has posted that the 2nd patch which is the gameplay patch has been finalized. Depending upon how quickly it gets through EA's QA and MS/Sony's certification process, it "could" be out in 2 to 3 weeks. Of course, the first patch has already taken longer than expected to get through that same process.

Here is his post on what it addresses:

Oh.. I thought it was leaked to Pasta Padre? This is the stuff we got...

- Ability to view your Online Dynasty HQ through EA Sports World
- Improved online performance

Dynasty
- Fixed a couple recruiting exploits
- Faster simming between weeks
>>
Custom Stadium Sounds
- The "All" option will now only work when the user is the home team
>>
Gameplay
- Improved coverage on kicks
- Hook Zones depth keeps defenders in their zones
- Fixed an issue with the Strafe Catch
- Allow fumbles to occur when diving
- WR screen routes improved
>>
Bug Fixes
- AI sliders for will now work correctly
- An issue with missing stats after simming has been fixed
- Ball carrier will no longer run out of bounds when changing hands and heading towards the sidelines
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the slot receiver to burn the safeties in a prevent defense
- Fixed a bug where the the ball would hit the cross bar, drop through, and not be counted
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Hot Routes from working

Looks promising but I don't see anything about pursuit angles.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #1469
BigDPW
College Prospect

Anyone else had trouble connecting online?

Any advice on if it might be my router?

I have never had a problem until I logged on tonight and tried to play Bignej and SunTzu? I could only connect to one guy in a quick game too?

Wierd... I deleted my rosters to see if they were corrupt but still no dice...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #1470
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post

I have never had a problem until I logged on tonight and tried to play Bignej and SunTzu? I could only connect to one guy in a quick game too?

Any connection issues I have ever had in EA games have been due to my router. I always have to make sure all the appropriate ports are open and forwarded to my Xbox for everything to work.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #1471
BigDPW
College Prospect

Can you give me some advice on how to do that and which ports??? It has been along time since I have messed with ports in a router!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #1472
BigDPW
College Prospect

have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router if that helps...
Old 08-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #1473
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Can you give me some advice on how to do that and which ports??? It has been along time since I have messed with ports in a router!

I am by no means an expert at this stuff. Something that is probably easier than opening ports is to set your Xbox IP address in the router's demilitarized zone. This just essentially puts the console outside of the firewall in the router and allows free access to and from the Xbox.

To do this you would need to access your router setup. You should be able to access this by typing the following IP address into the web browser of any computer connected to the router:

A box should pop up asking you for an user name and password. By default both of these should just be admin.

From here I can't guide you too much because I don't know what the screens will look like for your router. Just look for the area that allows you to setup a DMZ host. If will ask you to put in an IP address. If you are using static IP's then you can just type in the IP address assigned to the Xbox.

If your router is setup as DHCP (assigns IP addresses randomly) you would need to find the IP address of the Xbox and then type that into the DMZ host area. You should be able to find the IP address of everything connected to the router somewhere within the router screens. The problem with using DHCP is that the Xbox could be assigned a different IP address each time you sit down to play. You would need to double check that the right IP address was in the DMZ host each time you wanted to play if you went this route.

That should resolve any connectivity issues.

Last edited by Ironhead : 08-02-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:07 PM   #1474
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

When you test your xbox connection in the dashboard, you want to make sure the NAT is "open" and not "moderate" or "strict". The moderate and strict NAT screws up your ability to play in games or private chat with some other players.

So, if you do the DMZ setting, check the connection and see if the NAT is open. That should mean you are good to go.

I would recommend not using the DMZ option as your long term solution as it is not the best security setup.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #1475
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

You can check this thread for pointers.

Solution: Having NAT Strict/Moderate Issues? "TDU Server Unavailable? Here's THE FIX! [Archive] - Atari Forums
Old 08-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #1476
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I had problems online recently. I could connect, but got disconnected around the end of the 1st quarter every time. I downloaded the new firmware for the router and my problem was fixed.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #1477
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Configuring my router was a pain. Running tests on the 360 wirelessly say everything was fine and there was no issues but I would lose connection every single time during a game. I ran an ethernet cable across the room to my Xbox and it worked fine. I reconfigured my router to open up the necessary ports and I've made it through 2 or 3 online games without issue so far.

I still can't invite anyone to game. Not sure what that is about. I can only invite to a game in the Lobby or with a matched game. Using the friends list my invite to game option is greyed out, and I can't find an explanation anywhere.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #1478
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Configuring my router was a pain. Running tests on the 360 wirelessly say everything was fine and there was no issues but I would lose connection every single time during a game. I ran an ethernet cable across the room to my Xbox and it worked fine. I reconfigured my router to open up the necessary ports and I've made it through 2 or 3 online games without issue so far.

I still can't invite anyone to game. Not sure what that is about. I can only invite to a game in the Lobby or with a matched game. Using the friends list my invite to game option is greyed out, and I can't find an explanation anywhere.

Any link to the ports that need to be open?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #1479
spleen1015
Coordinator

Ironhead's way is a good way, IMO. Just assign an IP to your 360, then put that IP in the DMZ.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #1480
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Any link to the ports that need to be open?

(TCP and UDP - 88 & 3074)
Old 08-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #1481
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post

I don't think I've ever been able to invite people to play in NCAA via the friends list. I just don't think it's supported.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #1482
Logan
Head Coach

My buddy just showed me this last night...create your own session (I think it's at the top of the live menu), make it an unranked game, and you'll be able to use your friends list to invite someone.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #1483
BigDPW
College Prospect

Okay I basically installed new firmware, port forwarded the ports above. I did not try the DMZ thing since I have caused problems when I tried to set my IP to static and assign each device one (maybe someone can give me some advice on that).

I was able to connect to one person in a quick match online last night and I would like to try and connect with someone from here today if possible to see if things are working. If SunTzu or bignej are around let me know when you might be available. I will quit out if you don't have time to play a full game just to see if we can connect...
Old 08-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #1484
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
My buddy just showed me this last night...create your own session (I think it's at the top of the live menu), make it an unranked game, and you'll be able to use your friends list to invite someone.

Yeah you have to get to the team select screen of a "game session" to be able to invite someone to play... But once you are at that screen you can do it...
Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #1485
Mike1409
High School Varsity

You can also go into the leaderboards in NCAA and tab to freinds and invite them that way as well.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #1486
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

This is correct. I think it is a custom game, select unranked and that opens up all of the options. Then select "invite only" and the game will create a session. You then pull up your buddy list and select your buddy. The send game invite should be available at that point.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #1487
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Okay I basically installed new firmware, port forwarded the ports above. I did not try the DMZ thing since I have caused problems when I tried to set my IP to static and assign each device one (maybe someone can give me some advice on that).

I was able to connect to one person in a quick match online last night and I would like to try and connect with someone from here today if possible to see if things are working. If SunTzu or bignej are around let me know when you might be available. I will quit out if you don't have time to play a full game just to see if we can connect...

Run your connection test and see if it shows NAT as open. If it does you are good to go.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #1488
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Run your connection test and see if it shows NAT as open. If it does you are good to go.

It has showed open all along so I am not sure that particular test is all that helpful in my situation? What ever it was that was going on?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #1489
bignej
High School JV

Quote:

I will get on tonight around 7:30 EST. I am hoping to catch to HOF game so we might not be able to play. My wife was laughing at me last night when we tried 353 times to get a game going , thinking outloud trying to figure out the problem, while the whole time I was wearing my headset.
On a side note, my wife makes fun of me when I talk about playing against humans instead of other people, like "Its a different game when you play humans. Humans are better than the computer", etc. Does anyone else get that form their wife/gf?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #1490
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I rented this just to get my football fix in - I haven't read all 30 pages of this thread but could someone give me a gamertag that I can use to DL rosters?

Thanks

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #1491
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I rented this just to get my football fix in - I haven't read all 30 pages of this thread but could someone give me a gamertag that I can use to DL rosters?

Thanks

give it a day or two before you get rosters....they're releasing a patch so the current rosters that are out don't go berzerk on you at random. For just exhibition games...I think most people download them from...

pasta padre
Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #1492
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
give it a day or two before you get rosters....they're releasing a patch so the current rosters that are out don't go berzerk on you at random. For just exhibition games...I think most people download them from...

pasta padre

Got it - thanks

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #1493
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post

pasta padre

This for the 360? It's saying that namer tag in unavailable...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #1494
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
This for the 360? It's saying that namer tag in unavailable...

Got it - it was one word

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #1495
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

If you have an online dynasty are you able to look at the standings, stats, ect online (ig., easportsworld.com)?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #1496
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not yet. They have a tab for it, but it just says coming soon or something to that effect.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #1497
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Not yet. They have a tab for it, but it just says coming soon or something to that effect.

Thanks - I did see that but I didn't know if there was any where else....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #1498
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Just booted up the game and got an update. Looks like the roster patch is out (360 version).

Anybody have any idea if you can start a game with the already created rosters or do you have to have rosters edited after the patch?

Last edited by Grammaticus : 08-05-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:52 AM   #1499
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It was supposedly released at 7:30 AM EST. Still no patch for the PS3.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #1500
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
It was supposedly released at 7:30 AM EST. Still no patch for the PS3.

RA...can you please visit the FOFC NCAA League forum a little more often

We are taking a roll call for the NOFL and you're the only owner who hasn't checked in.

thx