Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #1451
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Pick up the posting, this game needs another 250 posts to hit the first page of threads. I may need to bring CrimsonFox back into the game or become a player in my own game.

When the game finishes, make a new post to detail every character's stats and abilities (including the 'Characters of the day').
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #1452
Danny
Head Coach

Yes I could do that, or I could spread out each character over multiple posts b listing hp, defense, attack and abilities all in separate posts.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #1454
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Maybe we can start up a political discussion in this thread? That is good enough for a couple hundred posts (and a boxing or two).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #1455
Danny
Head Coach

Forgot to note this, but Athena is no longer banished
Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #1456
Danny
Head Coach

Yes, both of those posts help Eagle
Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #1457
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Wolves! (I wanted to help too)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #1458
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'll get the party started..
mal and Jayne standard attack super Grover 2.0
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #1459
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1458

Keyser Soze: Melisandre
Super Grover: Mal, Jayne
Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #1460
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal and Jayne unattack super grover
mal ands Jayne attack Duke nukem
Just a vibe I'm getting right now. I'm debating between chubby jag and ef.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #1461
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not liking the vote on keyser soze right now based on ntn attacking him last night before death. Not sure a wolf is going to put a fellow wolf in critical this late in the game. I know it can be done for gaining trust but its more risky than usual because you don't need a majority to be killed. You could be killed by one voter.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #1462
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Lets get talking guys! We've got reavers (wolves) to kill!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #1463
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I'm not liking the vote on keyser soze right now based on ntn attacking him last night before death. Not sure a wolf is going to put a fellow wolf in critical this late in the game. I know it can be done for gaining trust but its more risky than usual because you don't need a majority to be killed. You could be killed by one voter.

That's a fair argument and I did give it consideration. But to me that one thing doesn't make up for my other reasons, especially compared with taking a shot in the dark with the rest of the people left. And the other side of the coin is if Thursday knew he was going down, the next best thing he could give the remaining wolf (wolves) other than another villager kill is trust for the other teammate(s). That's exactly what hoops did for DV in the Dark Knight game.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #1464
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I did not like Cookie Monster's ability at the start of the game. While I think I was right for the wrong reasons about Thursday I have, at this stage, come to look less kindly on things are not friendly towards the villagers. We have seen no other powers, beyond the random attack of nonvoters, which are outside of the players control as Chubby claimed was the case with Cookie Monster. Therefore,

Athena attacks Super Grover
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #1465
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I also am surprised to see you mention EF as a possibility. He basically served up ntn for us. I guess if you turn on the paranoia you could say he was a wolf trying to get us to waste time on him when he knew ntn would escape, but that seems like a risky play for that stage of the game.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #1466
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I did not like Cookie Monster's ability at the start of the game. While I think I was right for the wrong reasons about Thursday I have, at this stage, come to look less kindly on things are not friendly towards the villagers. We have seen no other powers, beyond the random attack of nonvoters, which are outside of the players control as Chubby claimed was the case with Cookie Monster. Therefore,

Only thing about that is Cookie Monster's ability killed a wolf character and never affected a villager's character.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #1467
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Three attacks. Three different characters.

If we go after Grover we also need the other character dead..
Old 07-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #1468
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Only thing about that is Cookie Monster's ability killed a wolf character and never affected a villager's character.
That is a very good point actually.

Athena unattacks Super Grover
Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #1469
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I also am surprised to see you mention EF as a possibility. He basically served up ntn for us. I guess if you turn on the paranoia you could say he was a wolf trying to get us to waste time on him when he knew ntn would escape, but that seems like a risky play for that stage of the game.

That and his summary today just king of pinged me slightly.

The paranoia can definitely make you go back and forth on a daily basis. I had ef as cleared on day one because I thought he had the same passive ability as me but it wasn't that so I had to reconsider him again..

Not sure what to think tbh. I may switch back to chubby.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #1470
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Not really worthy of unattacking IMO.

Well I should say not worthy of taking him off your radar completely. If you think something is there explain it like you did and let it soak in.. I would actually like to see chubby scramble a little.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #1471
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Meant to quote BK on that last post...

/upping the post count for danny
Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #1472
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So given the general state of things I think Hulk might be our best choice. We have no reason to think he's guilty, but unlike others definitely no reason to think he's innocent.

Athena attacks Hulk
Old 07-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #1473
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I was just going to write that if I had to pick a non-Keyser candidate, I would reluctantly choose Hulk, not because I feel so sure he's a wolf but because there's less reason to expect others are.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #1474
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I went back to see who hulk attacked one day where it didn't count because it was invalid. Was there more than one? Regardless its taking too long to try finding it on my phone.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #1475
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Huh? I had one cool ability between my 3 guys and I used it (super grover 2.0's power of investigation) night one to scan Lathum. Oscar's ability sucks to be honest.

I will also point out that I was pretty onto ntn, was the 1st one to vot him yesterday, stayed on him all day, and even argued to keep people on him. that's wolfy? I just felt I needed to defend myself/clear up some misconcetpions before I posted my strategy for day like I was planning to.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #1476
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
HULK GET HOME FROM WORK LATE!!!!

SMASH MUPPETS IF ALIVE!!!!

Quote:
HULK HOME TO SMASH BEFORE WORK AGAIN!!

ATTACK MUPPETS!!!!

Quote:
HULK CONFUSED........

Banner?

Quote:
*OOC*

I am so sorry guys. I was very busy today, came home to eat, posted and meant to make it official, but obviously didn't before I left. I know I've let you guys down, and would totally understand attacks made on me.

I'll be on for an unknown amount of time after I wake up tomorrow (10 a.m. PST), and before work. I'll try to make up for for screwing up twice now.

*OOC*

Quote:
HULK SMASH!!

Hulk attacks Mad Hatter

Quote:
HULK AGREE!!!

NELSON DIE!! SMASH OCTOPUS TOO!!!!

Attack Cthulu

Quote:
Ok, I'm here for a bit. I wasn't removed from the game, so I really want to get a vote in. I don't blame anyone for attacking me, as I haven't done a thing to help our cause. I will say this: My attack isn't high, but my HP are (were) very high, so really, other than killing off a villager, you really aren't killing someone helpful.

Here's my vote:

Attack Thursday Next

Here all of Schmidty's posts from the game except the one where he explains his absence.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #1477
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I think if you are going just by what has happened in the game you have:

DV-Most likely a neutral character

Jag, Jackal, NTN, Eagle, and Schmidty All have not been scanned and have not done anything to prove theirselves as villagers or wolves

Zinto, Mauboy, and Chubby-Have performed an action either clearing someone or do some action against the wolves

Autumn-Blocked for hoops and attacked by wolves

Barkeep-100% clear in my book since I soothseyed(I believe that is what it is called) him

This closely mimics my tiers that I have so it saves me some time from having to type everything out (tho it's not exact).

I don't think it's worth our time to vote DV and I think our last wolf is in the next tier (with ntn already being exposed and killed).

I brought this up yesterday and a little this morning (didn't want to get into it too much as it was still predeadline when I had to leave for work) but Jag is at the top of my list right now for what seems like to me, trying to stall ntn's death. He seems to have a lockon onto Jackal like he has information but he has admitted he doesn't.

This in no way means I have any confidence in Jackal, just that Jag's action ping me higher than Jackal and the other's in that tier.

Jag used the bomb on ntn at night but then wouldn't vote for him. He also would not budge even when it was clear the village thought the best course of action was to ensure ntn's death. If he had been on ntn then switched late to try and get a 2nd target, it would have pinged me a lot less than his actual actions did.

my $0.02

Super Grover 2.0 attacks Melisandre of Asshai
Oscar the Grouch attacks Melisandre of Asshai

this is by no means set in stone but he is at the top of my list with the information we have currently.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #1478
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Duke attacks Melissandre

Just to get that in. A good case seems to have been laid out against him at the moment. This may change depending on how the day goes.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #1479
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1478

Hulk: Athena
Melissandre: Duke, Super Grover, Oscar
Old 07-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #1480
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal and jayne unattack Duke nukem
mal and Jayne attack Oscar the grouch
I already forgot about ef and his interaction this morning. Wow. Rough day for me. He has been up and down like ten times on my list today. When I add him to one list I remember why he wasn't already and move him back.

Okay. I'm going to stick w chubby today I think..I need probably another small character to attack grouch and a big one to attack Grover. I like the melisandre attack though. Go get her!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #1481
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And chubbys post makes me remember that jag move... I hate posting on my phone.
mal and Jayne unattack grouch
Mal and Jayne attack melisandre
Old 07-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #1482
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1480

Hulk: Athena
Melissandre: Duke, Super Grover, Oscar
Oscar: Mal, Jayne
Old 07-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #1483
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm done posting til I get home. I'll read and respond if completely necessary.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #1484
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I will state, in JAG's defense, that JAG switched the attack of a wolf away from a villager and then stayed quiet about it. I don't see a wolf staying quiet. Heck I don't see myself staying quiet about it as a villager. But JAG stayed quiet about it and it only came out because I forced it out through something I won.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #1485
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think that attitude is a bit of a mistake. If we get to a 2 villager vs. 1 showdown with all three near full health, the village is just about guaranteed to lose, so we can't treat this exactly like a regular WW game. I agree with the basic premise that it'd be good for us to 'lynch' at least one char per day though.

Quoting my post from 1396 yesterday for Chubby's benefit. I did nothing to try and slow down ntn's death yesterday, I simply assumed we would have more than enough going after him when essentially everyone but Autumn agreed he had to go (and even Autumn in the end voted for him).

I don't really mind some action my way as long as we agree to take Jackal down as well. That way if I'm wrong about him, you can wrongly finish me off tomorrow and if I'm right, you can rethink attacking me if there's a fifth wolf.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #1486
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm conflicted here. Despite JAG being dead set on me for days now I still don't have him at the top of my wolf list. My pissed off side wants to vote for him, my let's catch a wolf side is hesitant. But there's really no strong info that he isn't a wolf at this point either, so I'll probably end up on him out of a quasi mix of self defense and hope.

I'm kind of in agreement with BK on the hulk, to be honest. I know people have said the wolves want him out, but what if he's a wolf and his random attacks can only target villagers as a special ability? He's said very little, and medical concerns aside, could easily have been kept afloat by wolf teammates.

I'm working on some lamb shanks for a dinner party that'll probably keep me busy until the deadline, but I'll check back in a little later to decide on a vote.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #1489
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Also needing a little "hand holding". What did Chubby and mau do that were listed as clearing villagers? Sorry, have not been following all the characters that well.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #1490
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I used super grovers ability to clear lathum on night w. I think mau finished off tyrith? (Not 100 positive)
Old 07-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #1491
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yes, mau used an interaction ability (i think it was indiana jones?) to finish off tyrith the night when he escaped a lynch.

As for JAG:

Quote:
The day I mentioned above, I had predicted Nelson's attack that day. I knew nothing would happen to Autumn because I had already sent Nelson against someone else (can't recall who it was).
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #1492
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

W = 1
Old 07-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #1493
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What did JAG do? What power did he use?

I moved Tyrith's attack off of one of Autumn's muppets.

Mau - finished off Tyrith with a night action, jumped on ntn after he saved himself from a lynch.

Chubby - Cleared Lathum with a scan, was attacked by CF and attacked CF day 1 and 2, or somewhere around there.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #1494
The Jackal
Coordinator

As BK said, I'm not exactly sure why JAG stayed quiet about that. I don't know that it points one way or another, but I might as well get my vote in:

KEYSER ATTACKS MELISANDRE
Old 07-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #1495
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And unsuccessfully used a bg last night w aragorn. Was hoping so badly that they'd attack zinto.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #1496
The Jackal
Coordinator

I tend to believe that one of chubby, mau, and zinto are a wolf. I said earlier that I expected a wolf to use an ability/interaction to clear a villager (or in mau's case kill a wolf) and in a game with more than a few wolves I think it's a guarantee one of them did so.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #1497
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Jackal, why the last couple days and your first post today have you felt decently about me being a villager?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #1498
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, why the last couple days and your first post today have you felt decently about me being a villager?

Mostly because of the voracity in which you've come after me. Usually wolves don't pigeonhole like that. And I've played enough with you that I have a decent general feeling of when you're a villager. But I know I'm a villager and at some point something has to give. I don't need to vote for you today but I don't think spreading votes out at this point in the game is going to benefit us.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #1499
The Jackal
Coordinator

But actually going over our voting records started to change my mind. You were in on Mrs Doubtfire just like me, which was an easy route to go (I know that argument doesn't help me), and both of us piled on CF when it was fairly obvious he was a wolf. But after that you've been so focused on me you've ignored most of what else is going on. You didn't even seem willing to vote for NTN. And I get that argument that it seemed like there was enough to take him out - I used that myself not voting for Tyrith earlier. But still, you were dominating the conversation and slightly distracting things from NTN. So I'm not convinced you're a wolf, you're not at the top of my list, but by no means are you close to cleared.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #1500
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I will also say this, JAG might be an overzealous villager but I can't explain some of his actions and compared to the others in that tier, he's acted the most wolfish which is why I'm voting him right now. I certainly am not saying it's a must pick one in JAG/Jackal