Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #1451
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Law90026 Express has an 11 plane and 13 airport business right now.

Airports are:
Sapporo (3million)
Sendai (2million) - likely to be dropped at some point
Tokyo (10million)
Osaka (4million)
Nagasaki (0.4million)
Seoul (10million)
Taipei (6.9million)
Shanghai (10million)
Nanping (2.9million)
Guangzhou (10million)
Hong Kong (7.1million)
Hanoi (6.5million)
Dhaka (10million)

Currently saving up for a 12th plane slot then either expansion to Bangkok (and that means committing to building towards Australia) or Delhi (and building towards Europe and the Middle East).
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #1452
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Law90026 Express has an 11 plane and 13 airport business right now.

Airports are:
Sapporo (3million)
Sendai (2million) - likely to be dropped at some point
Tokyo (10million)
Osaka (4million)
Nagasaki (0.4million)
Seoul (10million)
Taipei (6.9million)
Shanghai (10million)
Nanping (2.9million)
Guangzhou (10million)
Hong Kong (7.1million)
Hanoi (6.5million)
Dhaka (10million)

Currently saving up for a 12th plane slot then either expansion to Bangkok (and that means committing to building towards Australia) or Delhi (and building towards Europe and the Middle East).

I'm sitting at 11 planes and 16 airports right now. My roster is:
Ottawa (2M)
Montreal (3.6M)
Toronto (5.1M)
Detroit (4.3M)
Chicago (9.5M)
Boston (4.5M)
New York (10M)
Philly (6M)
Washington DC (5.6M)
Cincinnati (2.1M)
St. Louis (2.8M)
Kansas City (2.2M)
Atlanta (5.3M)
Dallas (6.4M)
Houston (5.9M)
Mexico City (8.9M)

At level 13 now and the next level is looking far off. I have been closing down some of the smaller airports so I can upgrade to bigger airports. I was also looking to build into South America since there was an event there, but I am realizing that it is farther away than I thought.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #1453
law90026
College Benchwarmer

I just closed down all my class 1 airports and am upgrading my planes to level 2.

It was too much of a hassle to me to try and juggle the stops that some of my fleet couldn't get to and the TouchArcade forums seemed to indicate it was the way to go.

I have to say the 5 seaters are still hard to make a profit on for me right now.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #1454
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I am in the process of doing the same. What level are you at? I haven't seen any 5-seaters yet, but that might come at the next level.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #1455
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't started playing Pocket Planes yet. I keep meaning to but get distracted by work and other games and books and knitting.

One game coming out this week that I'm really looking forward to is Cthulu Saves the World. A throwback style RPG, I'm glad it's coming out before I leave on my trip. I'm also looking forward to the iOS iteration of the 3rd Penny Arcade game, not sure when the iOS release will be for that yet though (Steam today?).

Question on Ticket to Ride (and thanks spleen for playing with me)...are the train draw cards common? Can you see what cards I pick? In theory if I remembered, would I be able to tell which cards others pick? I'm still trying to get a hang of the strategy in it. It's a bit reminiscent to me of Risk, another game I struggle with.

Finally, in advance of my trip, I also picked up Lost Winds 2. I'd hoped to get a code for it from Starbucks about a month ago when it was the Pick of the Week but that was one of the few weeks my local Starbucks never had cards out when I went...so I plunked down for it anyway.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #1456
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Also, a preview for Cthulu.. 'Cthulhu Saves The World' iOS Hands-On Impressions | Touch Arcade

/tk
Old 06-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #1457
spleen1015
Coordinator

tk, with regards to TTR, if you pick up any of the 5 face up cards, your opponent can see what you picked up. If you draw from the pile, then they just see that you picked from the pile, ie the back of the cards.

You can pick up 1 face up card and draw from the pile on the same turn, btw.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #1458
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I am in the process of doing the same. What level are you at? I haven't seen any 5-seaters yet, but that might come at the next level.

I'm at 15 I think. You get the 5-seater Pearjet at level 14 but they're tricky to handle (at least for me).

Right now I restrict my Pearjets to only fly to my big cities simply because landing at a smaller airport means the return leg is likely to be in the red. I use my smaller jets to jet all over and create a lot of layovers so that the chance of getting a 5-combo is higher when my Pearjets arrive.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #1459
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I think seeding the airports with layovers is a good way to feed the larger planes. I often have planes sitting at an airport for 2 or 3 new job cycles, though the pearjets take 4 or 5 to fill the plane.

If you watch the pearjets fly, you get a new coin/bux about every 3 seconds. The faster the plane, the more often (and faster) they fly by.

I am now spread out enough that some of my older planes have to make 3-leg trips just to get from beginning to end.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #1460
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There's a new podcasts app out today by apple, and you really need to check it out. Gives you the options to subscribe, auto-download, and store what you want.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #1461
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i use Downcast...works good
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #1462
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

been using podcaster for a while now but just downloaded the Apple app just to try it out.

FM
Old 06-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #1463
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't want to sound like a Fanboy, but I listen to probably 30 hours of podcasts per week and this looks to be everything I would hope for. Assuming the auto update works correctly it means that I can snag everything via wifi. Metered data might not be a big deal for future cell plans.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #1464
AnalBumCover
College Starter

For fans of Magic the Gathering, Wizards of the Coast released MtG: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013. The free download gets you a tutorial and a short single player campaign. But to unlock the full version, it's a $9.99 in-app purchase.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #1465
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

whoever it is who's done 474 load to San Jose in Pocket Planes is a hard worker. Send me a friend request to QcFrogMan in GC so I can see your name

I assume most of you have done the same as I with Book of Heroes, which is stop playing it. Was fun while it lasted, and for free, you can do a lot worse.

Downloaded another free one called CSR racing that is kinda cool. A drag racing type game where you simply do quarter miles type races. No driving per se, simply shifting the gears and upgrading your car, and buying a new car as you go up.

I also need to share something about iOS. It's something i just learned a couple days ago and maybe you guys all know about it but if only one persons learns now, then it'll be good in my book. You know when you have many notifications on a locked screen? Well I just learned that any of these notification is "slideable" and when you slide one to unlock your device, it'll open the right app rightaway. Thought it was neat.

FM
Old 06-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #1466
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
For fans of Magic the Gathering, Wizards of the Coast released MtG: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013. The free download gets you a tutorial and a short single player campaign. But to unlock the full version, it's a $9.99 in-app purchase.

iPad only, FYI
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #1467
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
whoever it is who's done 474 load to San Jose in Pocket Planes is a hard worker. Send me a friend request to QcFrogMan in GC so I can see your name

Someone else flying in the Caribbean has done the bulk of this work, from what I can tell. I haven't been keeping track, but I've probably contributed between 50 and 100 deliveries.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #1468
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

You've done 62. You can see it buy going flight crew, the leaderboard, the the little people icon. You see the name of whoever you are friends with in GC

FM
Old 06-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #1469
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post

that game is out now, price set at $1.99 but in the meantime, another Cthulhu game has gone free Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land. It's a turn based RPG type game.

FM
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #1470
wahoomac
Mascot

Being unemployed currently, certainly helps with the trivial things .

San Jose is right in the middle of my budding airline empire. I have had to mothball some of my jets, and put back into service some of my turbo-prop planes. I just stack up the San Jose-bound at either Guatemala (overflow in Mexico City) or Bogata (overflow at Caracas). I'm sure the next major event will be half-way around the world (was surprised that this one was so close to the last one: Santiago).

I, too have pretty burned out on Book of Heroes. I haven't played for a while, maybe play it a little this weekend.

Thanks for the hint about the slideable notifications, a lot about iOS that I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post

I assume most of you have done the same as I with Book of Heroes, which is stop playing it. Was fun while it lasted, and for free, you can do a lot worse.

Downloaded another free one called CSR racing that is kinda cool. A drag racing type game where you simply do quarter miles type races. No driving per se, simply shifting the gears and upgrading your car, and buying a new car as you go up.

I also need to share something about iOS. It's something i just learned a couple days ago and maybe you guys all know about it but if only one persons learns now, then it'll be good in my book. You know when you have many notifications on a locked screen? Well I just learned that any of these notification is "slideable" and when you slide one to unlock your device, it'll open the right app rightaway. Thought it was neat.

FM
Old 06-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #1471
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah, i like Book of Heroes, but it drains my battery like crazy. Been just playing Where's my Water? and Pocket planes. Also 30 Second Life is good too heh
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #1472
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
tk, with regards to TTR, if you pick up any of the 5 face up cards, your opponent can see what you picked up. If you draw from the pile, then they just see that you picked from the pile, ie the back of the cards.

You can pick up 1 face up card and draw from the pile on the same turn, btw.

Well now I feel dumb. I hadn't realized until I read this that there were face-down cards to draw from. I thought you were forced to use the face-up ones.

/tk
Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #1473
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Summoner Wars was just released for iPad. I just discovered the game in last week. I bought the Master Set board edition and have enjoyed playing it with my son. The iOS version is an instant buy for me.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #1474
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Summoner Wars was just released for iPad. I just discovered the game in last week. I bought the Master Set board edition and have enjoyed playing it with my son. The iOS version is an instant buy for me.

Hmmm. I'm getting a game no longer available notice when I try to get it.

Guess I'll try again later.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #1475
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post

And an easy buy since it is listed as free.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #1476
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

First faction is free. Others are 99 cents each. I went ahead and bought the "Everything Bundle". Weird it's not showing up. I've downloaded, purchased, and went thru the tutorial to learn the interface. The same company that made the highly regarded Ascension app built this one as well.

I'm really just learning the game, but look forward to playing others. It looks like Online Mode is not yet turned on.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #1477
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

So far I am 0-4 against AI. I'm gonna stick with 1 faction for a few games to understand how the cards fit together.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #1478
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Finally one of the events for Pocket Planes is in the US. I've done 370 jobs for Independence Day in Philly. Still trying to work some more before the deadline.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #1479
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Finally one of the events for Pocket Planes is in the US. I've done 370 jobs for Independence Day in Philly. Still trying to work some more before the deadline.

Looks like we're in the Top-100 again, and shouldn't drop out before the deadline. Anyone else ship any "special" cargos to Philly and get some Sea Knight parts? I received two engines and one set of controls so far.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #1480
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

What "special" cargoes? I haven't seen anything like that yet.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #1481
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So I've maxed out level 2 and 3 airports in NA and SA. I've got a ton of cash now, with little to spend it on. Is it worth it to upgrade airports?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #1482
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
So I've maxed out level 2 and 3 airports in NA and SA. I've got a ton of cash now, with little to spend it on. Is it worth it to upgrade airports?
I've been upgrading airports before even maxing out finding that I'm much more likely to be able to put together a full flight to get the 25% bonus and to better take advantage of layovers.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #1483
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I have only been upgrading the tier 3 airports, but I think the money is well worth it. Having double the layover spots and the jobs is great.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #1484
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
What "special" cargoes? I haven't seen anything like that yet.

The special cargoes would be in amber instead of blue and you wouldn't know what you were carrying until you got to Philly. I have an extra Sea Knight engine I could Gift to someone (I guess--I've never gifted from the game). Friend me on Game Center: Wahoo_Mac
Old 07-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #1485
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post

FWIW, I picked this up a few days ago, and it's pretty much what I was looking for. I haven't played MtG for a long time, but still recall the mechanics. The "campaign" mode is a good fit for my level of interest and nostalgia, gradually bringing me along against more complex foes, introducing more complicated concepts, and so forth.

I have a lower standard than most of the App Universe for spending $10, but this was a very good purchase for my money, I'd say, and I'm far less than halfway through the obvious content.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #1486
DataKing
Pro Rookie

A minor word of warning in Pocket Planes. If you are going to shut down an airport, make sure you clear out all of your pending layovers to that airport first. Otherwise they will be undeliverable, but will continue to use up valuable layover spots.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #1487
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
A minor word of warning in Pocket Planes. If you are going to shut down an airport, make sure you clear out all of your pending layovers to that airport first. Otherwise they will be undeliverable, but will continue to use up valuable layover spots.

They can be cleared later if you forget. Tap the red X and they'll go away at the next job change.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #1488
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
They can be cleared later if you forget. Tap the red X and they'll go away at the next job change.

I did not know that. Thanks.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 07-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #1489
Icy
Pro Starter

Any nice and deep enough strategy game for Ipad? kind of an empire building game (like Caesar in PC) or a good turn based strategy game for solo playing.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #1490
tarcone
Coordinator

Civilization Revolution
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #1491
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Civilization Revolution

Is it any good? I had it download but didn't get very far and gave up. I just started playing minecraft. That will chew up some time.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #1492
tarcone
Coordinator

I love it. Plays just like Civ. Different levels for your taste. Lots of different scenarios. Easy game play. Has a scenario generator now. Though I havent messed with that.
I have played hundreds of games. And I have yet to get tired of it.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #1493
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Anyone playing Outwitters? Looks like a fun one to give a try but as it's Multiplayer only I'd rather not start playing against some random opponent. My Gamecenter ID is Barkeep49
Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #1494
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Anyone playing Outwitters? Looks like a fun one to give a try but as it's Multiplayer only I'd rather not start playing against some random opponent. My Gamecenter ID is Barkeep49

I'm trying to send you a game request, but it says Barkeep49 doesn't exist. If you want to add me as bdoebert and set up a game, I'm interested.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #1495
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am looking for more folks to play Ticket to Ride with. I am unable to start mulitplayer games because my phone is profiled to not let me since it is a work phone.

Feel free to start a game with me if you want to play. I am spleen1015 on Gamecenter.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #1496
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I am looking for more folks to play Ticket to Ride with. I am unable to start mulitplayer games because my phone is profiled to not let me since it is a work phone.

Feel free to start a game with me if you want to play. I am spleen1015 on Gamecenter.

Invite sent.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #1497
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm trying to send you a game request, but it says Barkeep49 doesn't exist. If you want to add me as bdoebert and set up a game, I'm interested.
Weird. I've started a match.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #1498
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Weird. I've started a match.

Good game. I thought it would be closer than it turned out.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #1499
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Good game. I thought it would be closer than it turned out.

I was worried in the beginning when we were both working in that southern area. I got lucky with that late route that I had 3/4 made already.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #1500
britrock88
Pro Starter

Sent you one, spleen.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote