Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #1451
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

well its 3 hours till deadline for this submission. I can either:

A) Not submit anything at all, and we're definitly losing but Oz won't.
B) Submit just a small part, and risk us losing and voting one of our own if no one else from Lupus or Howard decide to take it easy.
C) Just submit the best possible article and risk us beating Oz or oz even losing fully.

THe way I see it, its imperitive that Oz does not lose this challenge. its not horrible if they don't win or if we lose, but Oz can not finish last place.

Just like I proposed earlier, I say we go with a smaller entry and risk going to tribal council if we are beat by all three other teams. I'll then fully update it later after the contest so the work isn't wasted. It might risk us going to tribal council, but its better than Oz going.

Any objections to that, speak in the next 2 hours.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:17 AM   #1452
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Any particular reason you're dumping the Inside the Park paragraph from the current edition of the article?

I forgot to ever reply to this one, sorrry... But the info about Inside the Park is still in there, you might have missed it. Its in the section of other games (Season ticket baseball and Inside the park baseball)
Old 02-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #1453
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Please leave out the part about FOFC. It doesn't meet Wikipedia's guidelines.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #1454
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Alan, I say go with choice B.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #1455
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I just did a wikipedia crash course. (Never edited it before, and it has a different way of inputting the pages, doesn't take straight html.)

So spent about 20 min figuring it all out and transfering my html code to wikipedia code.

I'm only going to submit the side box, and the following areas:

Main, game play, other versions and external links.

Leaving out all of the new feature section for now. So really the main update is going to be the main section and game play sections. Not a whole lot change.

Hopefully this is enough to not finish last, but not beat Oz.

I get the impression Lupus is playing to try to win this, so we likely won't beat them, but staying ahead of Howard would be nice. Worst case is we go to tribal council and finish last, but at least its not Oz finishing last.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #1456
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Nice job, Alan -- even if we finish last, it would suck to go to tribal council, but at least there's nothing in our thread to worry about revealing.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #1457
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I posted the changes. Didn't include all of the meat, so just the base changes. I hope we don't end up last, but either way its up
Old 02-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #1458
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

alan, I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have offered up our subject without asking you first since you did most of the work. I really just wanted to see what the other tribes reactions would be
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #1459
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No, its fine with me... I guess my assumption with all of this, by us tanking for Oz was that they actually would do some of the work. I assumed they would realize how important this challenge was not only for them but for the entire group of survivors.

Bleh, how frustrating. Lupus probably will win and get to see Oz's info and we'll all be screwed.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #1460
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well if that is the case Alan, are you able to put the info back in that you took out so we can go balls out to try and win it?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #1461
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well Oz got an extention.. I still think its best to try to see if they can keep from losing
Old 02-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #1462
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
well if that is the case Alan, are you able to put the info back in that you took out so we can go balls out to try and win it?

I think Alan is right on. I dunno if Howard and Lupus are just playing dumb, or if they're just daring us to take a dive ourselves, but even if they are, I still think taking a dive is our best option.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #1463
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think Alan is right on. I dunno if Howard and Lupus are just playing dumb, or if they're just daring us to take a dive ourselves, but even if they are, I still think taking a dive is our best option.

The answers Anxiety and Swaggs both made I am under the impression they are trying like mad to win. I'll be very curious to see who the wolf there is.

I have no idea about Howard at all.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #1464
Passacaglia
Coordinator

KWhit's post intrigues me -- perhaps the wolves already know who the seer is, anyway?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #1465
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

It basically comes down to the communication thing.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #1466
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I've brought that up a few times.. but thought my microphone was off

Alan you and I discussed it around post #1250 as well and never got anyone else to really chime in.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #1467
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
KWhit's post intrigues me -- perhaps the wolves already know who the seer is, anyway?

they most certanially could already know we've been working on a lot of assumptions on both sides with the suggested bid rigging and the seer ect.

if they do know then I would think they really want Oz to lose 1) so they can read their thread and 2) to get a known villager out even if it's not the seer it gives them a better chance to hit him later.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #1468
SnDvls
Pro Starter

alan- very good job on the page

I read Lupus' submission and IMO we are going to win, not that we needed/wanted to, but Oz has yet to do a thing and Howard is already DQ'ed.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #1469
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

at least we know we won't lose
Old 02-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #1470
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

So, did Oz get a submission in?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #1471
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I checked the link to the FOF page in wiki and it is showing as last updated in January. It's looking like Oz did not get thier page updated. that sucks. I hope their is some kind of tie breaker for reading the losing teams thread. Maybe that is an outside chance Oz's thread stays private.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #1472
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Earlier on Barkeep said if two teams both were DQ'd, both teams would go to tribal council. I don't know as far as which the winning team could view, perhaps the winner gets a choice and if its us, we can choose Howard.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #1473
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Earlier on Barkeep said if two teams both were DQ'd, both teams would go to tribal council. I don't know as far as which the winning team could view, perhaps the winner gets a choice and if its us, we can choose Howard.

That is a good idea (choosing Howard). I hope that is the case and we can suggest the same thing to Lupus. Do you want to go ahead and post that in the main thread?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #1474
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

What do you make of Kwhit and Swaggs taking the whole "we would rather win than protect Oz and the seer" approach?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #1475
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
What do you make of Kwhit and Swaggs taking the whole "we would rather win than protect Oz and the seer" approach?

It was all of Lupus with that approach. Anxiety, kwhit and Swaggs all showed no signs of backing down. So evidentally they discussed as a group and decided they had done enough to protect Oz.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #1476
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
It was all of Lupus with that approach. Anxiety, kwhit and Swaggs all showed no signs of backing down. So evidentally they discussed as a group and decided they had done enough to protect Oz.

I think they're daring us to do it. We seem to be taking the lead as far as directives here -- the fact that another tribe is suggesting that they take a dive is probably disconcerting to them. Possibly, the idea also reminds them of Blade, who started such talk, and who they got rid of? Man...makes you wonder, if they really DID pass those idols in the first place, and Blade never lied about it, where we would be now.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #1477
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I just want to say it's nice to have such an active team
Old 02-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #1478
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I don't know how it will happen when we merge. But I imagine that we will be told we merged and immediately not be able to post in our tribal thread.

So, with that in mind, are you all interested in moving into any merge scenario as a voting alliance?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #1479
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I don't know how it will happen when we merge. But I imagine that we will be told we merged and immediately not be able to post in our tribal thread.

So, with that in mind, are you all interested in moving into any merge scenario as a voting alliance?

I am, I think the wolf in our tribe should step forward.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #1480
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I agree we need to stick together for as long as we can...and ditto what Lathum said...step forward so we can get you out of here.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #1481
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm up for a voting alliance, too.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #1482
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sooo, who's the wolf?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #1483
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Congrats on another win. Please note that you may only LOOK, and not post, in the temporary tribal thread. You may neither look nor post in the regular thread. So no throwing of the challenge was necessary. The original wording of the challenge was "The tribal council and their tribal thread for the day". In this case you get two threads.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #1484
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Good job guys! The temp threads limits knowledge we can gain, but also fixes our outing the seer concern. I think that is definately a good trade off.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:00 AM   #1485
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So just for clarification, we can look in both temporary tribal threads correct?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #1486
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Congrats on another win. Please note that you may only LOOK, and not post, in the temporary tribal thread. You may neither look nor post in the regular thread. So no throwing of the challenge was necessary. The original wording of the challenge was "The tribal council and their tribal thread for the day". In this case you get two threads.

I may be because I just woke up but this is confusing as all hell
Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #1487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so we CAN'T look in their thread?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #1488
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I didn't so no worries
Old 02-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #1489
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I may be because I just woke up but this is confusing as all hell

It was confusing for me too. I think its because he didn't go to sleep till late!

I think what he was saying is we can't look in their regular threads but are allowed to look in both temporary threads. We aren't allowed to post in either of those though.

So I'm not sure if Oz/Howard were told what we were, I figured I would mention it to them in the main thread. However on an unrelated note, do you all think we should make a pact to not look in the Oz thread today, and anyone who does is going against that pact?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #1490
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Alan, I forgot you propose that we don't look in Oz. I haven't looked in there, but even though it's only a temporary thread, I still think it's a good idea. Since we can't even post in it, it's not like we can help them out or anything (which would be nice, since they need it -- why can't the other tribes be the well-oiled machine that ours is?). Also, good job to everyone on the wiki entry!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #1491
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Kodos to Alan and the crew for the writeup.

I honestly don't see a problem w/ looking at the temp threads as if they are smart they woundn't post anything in there, but if that's the agreement no biggie to me either.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #1492
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am cool with giving oz their privacy.

I also think we should begin discussing an alliance once we merge. If we are 5-6 strong with one wolf that gives us great odds to still nail a wolf. My only concern would be killing the seer but Would rather have an alliance. IT seems a waste to let all the great teamwork go to waste once we merge.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #1493
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Kodos to Alan and the crew for the writeup.

I honestly don't see a problem w/ looking at the temp threads as if they are smart they woundn't post anything in there, but if that's the agreement no biggie to me either.

Well if the seer found out another wolf, they ideally would want to let howard know who to vote off or Lupus without everyone knowing who the seer was. So if they had the privacy of a closed thread to talk about it, someone in Oz could pass the word along.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #1494
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So this is probably obvious, but once we merge assuming we still have the numbers we should create an alliance with Oz and pick off the remaining Howard and Lupus members. That would leave us with one wolf only. Of course the downside to that is the wolves will be night killing us.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #1495
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So this is probably obvious, but once we merge assuming we still have the numbers we should create an alliance with Oz and pick off the remaining Howard and Lupus members. That would leave us with one wolf only. Of course the downside to that is the wolves will be night killing us.

I am a little frustrated with Oz right now thanks to this weekend. If all of the wolves are gone by the time we merge, then I don't see alot of use for Oz at that point if they aren't going to even try in a contest that was handed to them.

If there are still wolves around, then yes I agree that we should probably team up with Oz (if for no other reason to protect the seer longer).
Old 02-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #1496
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here is today's challenge:

30 library patrons in the Youth Services section of a library were asked: Which is the best Harry Potter book? (6 answers)

40 fourth graders were asked: What is your favorite food? (5 answers)

20 teachers were asked: Which movie will win best picture? (5 answers)

20 poker players were asked: Who is the best poker player? (4 answers)

30 adults (combination of library patrons and teachers) were asked: What time do you get up in the morning (to the nearest half hour)? (6 answers)

So we don't have to find the "best" answer, but instead the most popular answer. Like the I'm with stupid games.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #1497
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well if the seer found out another wolf, they ideally would want to let howard know who to vote off or Lupus without everyone knowing who the seer was. So if they had the privacy of a closed thread to talk about it, someone in Oz could pass the word along.

ahh I had not thought of that.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #1498
Passacaglia
Coordinator

My thinking is pizza for the food, 6 or 6:30 for wake-up time.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #1499
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Why won't Howard post anything? I want to snoop!

This makes the challenge a little more interesting -- we can see what they're thinking about some of these answers.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #1500
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My thinking is pizza for the food, 6 or 6:30 for wake-up time.

I agree about pizza. For wakeup time I think 6:30 is perfect. My S.O. is a teacher and other than mornings when she had early before school meetings, she woke up at 6:30.

As for the other questions.. I don't really know much about Harry Potter, or poker players. For best movies, I could make a guess, but this is from the viewpoint of a teacher, so not sure if that changes things some.