Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #1451
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
OK. I have a Level 18 QB. I was on Ben's team until he sold it, and the owner is willing to work on a trade. Who is interested?

Our team is set at QB, but I will vouch for this guy being one of the top 2 or 3 QB's we faced last season so if you have a need, you should really bring him in.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #1452
MacroGuru
Coordinator

And I have a level 9 QB I am just looking at either a backup or starter spot...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=447845

The team I am on signed 3 of us (made offers all on the same day at the same time, and all 3 accepted) I asked for a release or trade because I was sitting on the bench at the 3 spot...they then removed me from the DC and then made a trade offer to my team for 3 high level talent players for my QB and 2 scrubs, which I rejected.

If it all works out, I will sit, collect a check for another season and then be on my way.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #1453
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
If it all works out, I will sit, collect a check for another season and then be on my way.

I still say that the design of the game should have been buy a team with flex points and then buy flex points to upgrade individual players on your team and then limit leagues by max flex points you could use in a season (10k, 5K, 2.5K, etc). So, if you wanted to spend more money, join a higher league.

It's like joining WoW and having a guild say - Ohhhh.. you can't play today, sorry.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 06-11-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #1454
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I still say that the design of the game should have been buy a team with flex points and then buy flex points to upgrade individual players on your team and then limit leagues by max flex points you could use in a season (10k, 5K, 2.5K, etc). So, if you wanted to spend more money, join a higher league.

It's like joining WoW and having a guild say - Ohhhh.. you can't play today, sorry.

Bingo, I am not too concerned though, I own a team, have several players, I built a QB so I would understand the tactics available to them.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #1455
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Anyone see the new thing by Bort on how they are going to basically penalize you if your player is way above the average level for the conference you are in? So if you are sticking your level 20 guys in low leagues to win cheap championships, then those level 20 guys will get hurt in XP. Interesting. Nice to see they are doing something about the farm teams.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #1456
Anthony
Banned

i refuse to play this game any longer. i emailed one of the game admins, told them the situation about my CB being stuck on that team where the owner doesn't even have me on the depth chart, and i got some stock response basically "we don't interfere in owner/player issues". i stated that that stance was hurting their bottom line, since i refuse to pay anymore money towards the game while my player is in that situation, and that i couldn't think of anyone else who would pay money towards a game where something like this happens to one of their players.

whatever, i got too many other sources of entertainment. i haven't even checked in that other football online game - "Deep route" in a long time. i got GTA and soon OOTP9 coming out, i don't need this GLB nonsense. not worth it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #1457
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
And I have a level 9 QB I am just looking at either a backup or starter spot...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=447845

The team I am on signed 3 of us (made offers all on the same day at the same time, and all 3 accepted) I asked for a release or trade because I was sitting on the bench at the 3 spot...they then removed me from the DC and then made a trade offer to my team for 3 high level talent players for my QB and 2 scrubs, which I rejected.

irony is wonderful.

couldn't have happened to a better guy.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #1458
ColtCrazy
College Starter

HA, that's really a shame. If you want, shoot me a link and I can take a stab at a trade offer. I have some trade bait that might get you free.

But as for the owner you are with, I love how a little bit of "power" makes people turn into complete a-holes. The bottom line is it's a game and it's supposed to be fun. Some of these owners (and even players) are complete idiots.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #1459
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have a feeling that dealing with HA would turn a lot of people into a-holes. The guy is a royal pain in the ass.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #1460
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I have a feeling that dealing with HA would turn a lot of people into a-holes. The guy is a royal pain in the ass.

That's the way I keep reading it. If you have trouble with EVERYONE you deal with, maybe the problem isn't them?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #1461
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

hey, i will at least use lube before i give you a pain in the ass. i'm sympathetic like that.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #1462
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
That's the way I keep reading it. If you have trouble with EVERYONE you deal with, maybe the problem isn't them?

actually, i don't have a problem with the team my QB is on. my QB starts, as he was promised, so no prob there. the trouble starts when people offer me a contract, say i'm going to be the starter for the life of the deal, and then bench me for other players.

my fault, i shouldn't have accepted a multi-year deal. silly me, actually believing someone when they say i'm the starter for the whole length of the deal and put up a nice bonus to entice me to sign. i should've known better, and i should've just remained quiet when i was benched for no reason. and when i get traded to another team that leaves me off the depth chart right off the bat and i proceed to request to be moved and the owner's response is "you have a 3 year deal, you can't go anywhere and i don't have to do anything", then, yes, i'm the bad guy.

fun game, this GLB.

Last edited by Anthony : 06-11-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #1463
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I didn't offer anyone on my team more than a 1-year deal. In fact, if nothing changes and the season ends, I will have one player on my team (my LB) . I also stated I will work with all players if they want out and trade them to a better fit (for min cash even). I did that with two guys who signed and then wanted out because we got better quickly in those spots.

IMO, it's not worth the aggrivation of signing multi-year deals in FA. If someone wants a ton of bonus money for a 1-year deal, I'll move on to the next guy. My hope is that people will join, enjoy the team and then decide to extend for another season with a fair deal. I also never sign my own guys to other teams for more than a one-year deal. IMO, if all players/owners took this stance, there would be very few issues. The game is trending towards rewarding loyalty with Bort's changes, no need to artificially create it by signing 2-3 year "slave" contracts.

Last edited by Arles : 06-11-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #1464
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Lost City Idols are number 1
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #1465
MrBug708
Head Coach

Good win for us
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #1466
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I have level 4 QB that hasn't played for a human team yet, if anyone needs a backup backup.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #1467
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
irony is wonderful.

couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Ahh, but here is where the difference lies.

I am not an asshole.

I am getting the trade that was requested. I received the apology from the management of the team.

I wasn't blocked from the teams forum, I actually was productive to the teams, fancy that.

It's amazing what being civil can bring you...

I do have one thing to say HA, you are consistent, in everything you do on this message board, in the online games you play on, everywhere i have seen you.

The only question I have is, does that consistency translate from behind the computer?

Or are you just an internet asshole for pure shock value?
Old 06-13-2008, 02:54 AM   #1468
Sgran
High School Varsity

I'm creating a brand new defensive end. I want to put him in the D-league, but I thought I'd check here first for advice. Does anyone have any tips on joining a D-league team? I'm trying to make a pure sack machine -- all agility, and speed, with no stamina, so that wherever I go I'm playing 15 snaps or so and go straight for the QB.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:15 AM   #1469
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
I'm creating a brand new defensive end. I want to put him in the D-league, but I thought I'd check here first for advice. Does anyone have any tips on joining a D-league team? I'm trying to make a pure sack machine -- all agility, and speed, with no stamina, so that wherever I go I'm playing 15 snaps or so and go straight for the QB.

Bad idea imho, playing time = development, stamina = more playing time, so low stamina = low number of plays = slow development.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:26 AM   #1470
Sgran
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Bad idea imho, playing time = development, stamina = more playing time, so low stamina = low number of plays = slow development.

good point, especially since I'll get a lot of reps on a CPU team. I'll build it until I find my niche later as a rotation DE. I joined the Atlanta Lightning, where we have 3 human players so far. it will be interesting to see how many snaps i get (stamina at 13 now).
Old 06-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #1471
JeeberD
General Manager

DE Jeeberoni Potpie is now a member of the Lost City Idols. Hopefully he can get to the QB as well there as he did last year in Buenos Aires, where he racked up a league high 8 sacks.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #1472
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
good point, especially since I'll get a lot of reps on a CPU team. I'll build it until I find my niche later as a rotation DE. I joined the Atlanta Lightning, where we have 3 human players so far. it will be interesting to see how many snaps i get (stamina at 13 now).

Since it is a cpu team, don't forget to set your play intensity to "relaxed" to stay on the field as much as possible.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #1473
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
DE Jeeberoni Potpie is now a member of the Lost City Idols. Hopefully he can get to the QB as well there as he did last year in Buenos Aires, where he racked up a league high 8 sacks.
Jeeberoni is our starting LDE - so let those sacks come in!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #1474
larrymcg421
Head Coach

A great start to the season for DE Larry McGillicuddy: 8 tackles, 3 hurries, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 1 pass defended.

Of course, we have a massive DT that keeps double teams off me: http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=34616

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 06-13-2008 at 07:16 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #1475
hawk4669
High School JV

TE Hawk McGawk catches 10 passes and racks up 107 receiving yards in his season three debut.

WR Fingers O'Neill also catches the first Silverback TD pass of the new season!

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #1476
Arles
Grey Dog Software

If anyone has a level 11+ OT and wants to be our starting LT, PM me in GLB. I had to move one of our guys because he wanted to go to a friend's team so we are a little short at OT.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=3135

Last edited by Arles : 06-13-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #1477
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Jeeberoni is our starting LDE - so let those sacks come in!

Six hurries and two sacks in his first game of the season. Jeeberoni's picking up right where he left off!

Last edited by JeeberD : 06-14-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #1478
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Well I originally signed up having no clue what to do...
My first player I made a lot of bad moves with, he wasn't even on a team for 2 seasons.

Today a friend convinced me to get back into it, so I created a few more players. All D-League guys... Should be interesting, wish I would've given the game more of a chance when I first signed up.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #1479
Anthony
Banned

HAHAHA, i was able to make an OT named "Pussy Licker". hahahahaha. this is the greatest.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:18 AM   #1480
JeeberD
General Manager

Are you like ten years old or something?

Old 06-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #1481
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Hark Twiney is now a lvl 6 pocket passer.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=35181
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #1482
Icy
Pro Starter

WOW, the new tactics options for defense have been added (just beta test). This is huge and will take hours to set, but it will be well worth it!!

Basically you can create "inputs" that are the tactics to be used in a very specific situation. You can create as much "inputs" as you want, with all those different factors. The game AI will read the inputs one by one until one fits the situation. else will use the default from the basic strategy (for those who don't want to mess with these advance tactics).

Here are some screencaps from a guy in GLB forums:

Rules on How the New Advanced Tactics Work:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...Howitworks.jpg

Default Part 1:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...aultScreen.jpg

Default Part 2:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ultScreen2.jpg

New Input/Output:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...put-Output.jpg

Last edited by Icy : 06-16-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #1483
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

The newly owned Gators just lost 110-0. Awesome.

Edit

just checked out the stats. Their RB had 7 TD's on 26 rushes. Again...awesome. Oh...they're OT also had 51 pancakes.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 06-16-2008 at 05:49 PM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #1484
Kodos
Resident Alien

The game produces very realistic results.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #1485
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The game produces very realistic results.

JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #1486
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Wow, this one was a nail biter!

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=59311
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #1487
Arles
Grey Dog Software

The Lost City Idols managed to squeak out a 48-0 victory against the 2nd best team in the league:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=62113

Our average starter level was 15.3, their's was 15.0. We had a little better depth and I guess much better builds/gameplan. This was the first time I've seen such an unbalanced result from fairly equal teams.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #1488
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I have an RB who will be available in 10 days, Level 10.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=397971
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #1489
larrymcg421
Head Coach

DE Larry McGillicuddy (http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...layer_id=34744) is having an outstanding season with 9 sacks in the first 4 games, including a 12 tackle, 4 sack performance in Grand Junction's last victory.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #1490
MrBug708
Head Coach

Lost City Idols are playing well
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #1491
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
my Lost City Idols playing well in preseason

Bug, you're jb? And you didn't tell us????
Old 06-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #1492
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

So the Silverbacks' next opponent has won the first four games of the season by an aggregate score of 243-6.

This ought to be fun...
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #1493
21C
College Prospect

Spoiler
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #1494
hawk4669
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
So the Silverbacks' next opponent has won the first four games of the season by an aggregate score of 243-6.

This ought to be fun...

Any given Sunday.... (or Wednesday in this case...)

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:47 AM   #1495
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Hi, guys.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #1496
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk4669 View Post
Any given Sunday.... (or Wednesday in this case...)

Cheers!

You're a game behind there. That team beat us 38-6, although we did play them tougher than anyone else.

If we could just get our offense going, we'd be set. We really should have won our last game 66-10 or something, but it was nice to see our Kicker have an amazing day.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #1497
Peregrine
Pro Starter

It seems like the game is getting a lot slower lately, and for some reason around this time of night I can't access it. Are they doing some kind of maintenance?
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:45 AM   #1498
21C
College Prospect

I wouldn't say I've noticed any slowdown but around this time they process the daily training.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:48 AM   #1499
astrosfan64
College Prospect

I think this game is just getting alot slower in general. I think it is just the amount of users that are on this site now along with all of the new overhead from all the new teams etc... I'm sure it will get worked out.

Last edited by astrosfan64 : 07-01-2008 at 04:48 AM.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #1500
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Grand Junction's Alexander Thunder pwns all other kickers. He is absolutely on fire this year. He hit 28/28 FG's in the last 4 games. This includes 13/13 from beyond 50.