Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #1451
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, I would argue that I'm already trying to lead a charge against you. It isn't some kind of sneak attack while you are away from your computer. I put it out there with the intention of giving you the opportunity to respond.

If you are a good guy then I understand you thinking I'm a bad guy gunning for you. If you are a bad guy that feels threatened by my actions, then I completely understand why you are voting for me.

However, if you are a good guy and can supply any kind of information that should help us separate you from Racer and Chief Rum in the vote today that would be really helpful. I'm not sold on this vote (good guys without the benefit of reveals rarely are, right?) but I think it is the best one for reasons I outlined in Post #1427.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #1452
st.cronin
General Manager

Ardent are you being forced to vote a certain way?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #1453
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, I would argue that I'm already trying to lead a charge against you. It isn't some kind of sneak attack while you are away from your computer. I put it out there with the intention of giving you the opportunity to respond.

If you are a good guy then I understand you thinking I'm a bad guy gunning for you. If you are a bad guy that feels threatened by my actions, then I completely understand why you are voting for me.

However, if you are a good guy and can supply any kind of information that should help us separate you from Racer and Chief Rum in the vote today that would be really helpful. I'm not sold on this vote (good guys without the benefit of reveals rarely are, right?) but I think it is the best one for reasons I outlined in Post #1427.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #1454
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm actually a little peeved that cronin hasn't visited me. From my understanding, he would not have been able to clear me, but at least someone could say something on my behalf.

I'm very likely to reveal my role before I leave in less than 2 hours. And no, Neon, I'm not taking one for the team.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #1455
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As for what I've done at night? Nothing. I've been holed up. As far as I know, no one can vouch for me. Everyone's too busy visiting Lathum, it appears.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #1456
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I'm actually a little peeved that cronin hasn't visited me. From my understanding, he would not have been able to clear me, but at least someone could say something on my behalf.

I'm very likely to reveal my role before I leave in less than 2 hours. And no, Neon, I'm not taking one for the team.

Heh, I actually had submitted your name initially on both days 1 and 2. Both times I changed it at the last minute.

knives out
Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #1457
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I pity the fool that tries to kill me at night, though.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #1458
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I will let this develop and see what happens. It's basically unrevealed guy #1 exchanging votes with unrevealed guy #2, while the majority votes are on unrevealed guy #3.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #1459
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Heh, I actually had submitted your name initially on both days 1 and 2. Both times I changed it at the last minute.
MOTHER F"ER

I WANT MY HAT.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #1460
Poli
FOFC Survivor

And no cronin, I'm voting this way because I'm pissed.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #1461
Poli
FOFC Survivor

gah flipping rehearsal's been moved up 30 minutes
Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #1462
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, I just didn't understand what Alan had to do with that.

knives out
Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #1463
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Telle, I would just argue that by the end of the day I think we need to unite on a candidate and take our shot. Because the Titans will most likely have at least eight votes they can throw our way to move the vote (four votes for two people). I don't think they would be that obvious if they can avoid it, but if they feel like they can cull our numbers quickly enough it might make sense to take their stand today.

If we miss on this vote, then the people who have information power should look to target our 2nd/3rd candidates and hopefully we come back tomorrow with an even better chance for a good vote.

I'm not finished reading the thread, but if the Titans were to do that, wouldn't someone with a lot less votes tonight getting lynched draw a lot of suspicion for whoever voted for that person? I don't think the Titans would do that if they were the ones who moved up the deadline last night. That train of thought seems suicide to me.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #1464
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'm not finished reading the thread, but if the Titans were to do that, wouldn't someone with a lot less votes tonight getting lynched draw a lot of suspicion for whoever voted for that person? I don't think the Titans would do that if they were the ones who moved up the deadline last night. That train of thought seems suicide to me.

I thought about that, too.

knives out
Old 10-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #1465
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Ok, I just didn't understand what Alan had to do with that.
You'll likely understand what I mean by that in about...1 hour.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #1466
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RaceR makes a good point. Unless as Hoops says, they felt they were already so close to the tipping-point that they could withstand it (doubtful, as the two mega-olympians are still out there and they're not close to a 1:1 ratio anyways)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #1467
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You'll likely understand what I mean by that in about...1 hour.

AE...if you are indeed a good olympian why are you being so cryptic?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #1468
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You'd rather me just spill it?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #1469
hoopsguy
General Manager

Racer, it depends on how many Titans are out there. I'll see if I can work through it in this post and see how well the idea stands up.

Titans:
Atlas
Hyperion
???

Monsters:
Medusa
???

Heroes:
Heracles
Achilles
???

Olympians:
Hades
Poseidon
Ares
Hephaestus
Apollo
Asclepius
???

We know of six Olympians, two heroes, one monster, and two Titans (there are a couple of assumptions in those numbers) which total 11 out of 13 players. The ??? under each leaves open the potential for there to be additional members of this group.

We've lost four Olympians, one monster, and one Titan.

Starting ratios out of 19 players:
10 Olympians
3 Titans
2 Heroes
2 Monsters
2 left to be defined

If the Titans feel like they can get an Olympian today, and there are several revealed ones to pick from, they can take their shot with controlling the vote today and claiming another one tomorrow night. Ideally they can do this without having to max out their votes, as that might limit their night actions, but if we head into tomorrow with four Olympians against 3+ Titans/Monsters are we going to win that showdown?

I don't know what the ratios are and I would be a little surprised if any faction in this game knew exactly what they were. But if there are still three remaining Titans and Medusa aligns with them then this strategy makes a lot of sense for them.

I think this is worst-case thinking, but I would rather prepare for the worst than be ambushed by it. Which is why I still think we should try to come to a consensus today on our candidate, whoever it is going to be. I think there is enough information out there that we can make good decisions going forward without the benefit of a broad voting record from today.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #1470
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

heading home. will be off for like ~ 2 hours
Old 10-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #1471
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hoops, take the question mark off the heroes. I'm a good guy.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #1472
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
oK,

First off I am curious why RA thinks Telle, NeonChaos and DT are good.

And if we factor in people who have been semi vouched for we get/

NeonChaos
DT
Telle
RaidersArmy ( the vouchee)

factor in roles that have revealed who we assume good

Lathum
ArlingtonColt
Anxiety

That leaves us a group containing

Hoopsguy
St.Cronin
PurdueBrad
ChiefRum
Ardent
Racer

Now if any of those people can be cleared we can further narrow things down, or if anyone has information that can clear or damn one of the above now is a good time.

Now may be a good time to lay some cards on the table.

I just woke up and am doing this from the top of my head, so if I missed anything please speak up.

Okay, I'm going off this list. Someone said St. Cronin has now been vouched for. Chief Rum hasn't been around, right? In my opinion, he's played this game similar to the only other game I've played. He hasn't posted quite as much in my opinion, but again I'm pretty sure I read that he wouldn't be around much today. His analysis seems way to valuable for us to get rid of right now. That leaves me with Hoopsguy, PurdueBrad, and AE. I'm a bit more suspicious of PurdueBrad and AE then Hoopsguy at the moment. I'm going to reread stuff before making my decision, but for now I'll got to take off for a bit. I think everyone else should also look at them before deciding whether or not to keep their votes on me. I'm a good guy and have a power that can be useful to the Olympians.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #1473
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Screw it. I'm Odysseus. I know for a fact Achilles is in the game. I've spent my AP each night asking the gods where/who he is.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #1474
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Straw-grasping now on-going.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #1475
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hence, I'm a good guy, Hoops.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #1476
hoopsguy
General Manager

If AE is on the up-and-up then we have:
10 heroes
3 titans
3 heroes
2 monsters

I think it is fairly likely that there is one last monster out there instead of another titan, but again there is a lot of guesswork involved with this list.

If the reveals that we have had are in fact solid, then we should be in great position to win this game.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #1477
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

ae, if you're a hero, then you made a horrible play today. Your death would not have put the Titans in any advantage whatsoever. Heroes would have been expendable if put in a run-off vote against a possible Titan, since you don't count as an Olympian, and, therefore, even deter the Titans' winning conditions.

Man.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #1478
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Now there's a flipping dress code for this thing. Seriously? Screw WW and weddings.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #1479
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Ok, AE, kindly explain how does your nightly action work? What results have you achieved?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #1480
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If I find Achilles, then I can kill a monster.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #1481
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Screw it. I'm Odysseus. I know for a fact Achilles is in the game. I've spent my AP each night asking the gods where/who he is.

As long as you've already come out with this, why would Odysseus have the ability to locate Achilles? I'm going to Wikipedia to see if this is something that should be obvious, but if you can shed light on it that would be great.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #1482
Poli
FOFC Survivor

For 4 AP, I can ask the gods if X is Achilles. I started doing that after night 1. I haven't had success.

I have had the choice of hiding out (4AP) and waiting to see if I'm the target of a night kill. If I am, then I instead kill the person attacking me. I did that the first night, but decided to go with the Achilles route afterwards.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #1483
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
As long as you've already come out with this, why would Odysseus have the ability to locate Achilles? I'm going to Wikipedia to see if this is something that should be obvious, but if you can shed light on it that would be great.

Odysseus was the guy assigned to look for Achilles, who was hidden by his mother from being drafted into the Greek army.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #1484
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've got about 20 minutes to get dressed and hit the road.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #1485
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Do you know of any monsters in the game, though? Or do you have to figure out which one is a monster too?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #1486
hoopsguy
General Manager

Think I found something to back the notion of Odysseus finding Achilles:

Quote:
Odysseus and other envoys of Agamemnon travelled to Scyros to recruit Achilles because of a prophecy that Troy could not be taken without him. In most accounts, Thetis, Achilles' mother, disguised the youth as a woman to hide him from the recruiters because an oracle had predicted that Achilles would either live a long, uneventful life or achieve everlasting glory while dying young. Odysseus cleverly discovered which of the women before him was Achilles when the youth stepped forward to examine an array of weapons (some accounts say that Odysseus arranged for the sounding of a battle horn, which prompted Achilles to clutch a weapon).

However, what value would this bring you? Would you get PM rights with this person? Do people learn that you visited them?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #1487
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was told there are 2 monsters. Look back and you'll see I said I believe there are monsters in this game and they are not powers.

I wasn't told of PM rights with Achilles. I was told I ask the gods, so I'm assuming people don't realize I've asked. I'll refrain from saying who I've asked.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #1488
Poli
FOFC Survivor

And I'm out.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #1489
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, based on Day 1 there was a reason to believe that there was both a Minotaur (Schmidty) and a Medusa. So the two monsters part resonates well enough.

However, if there was a hero with the ability to kill a monster I would think that Perseus would be the most likely to do this as he was the one who killed the Minotaur. Allowing him to search each night for the Medusa and kill it makes more sense than Odysseus having to find Achilles so they can kill a monster.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #1490
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Okay, I'm going off this list. Someone said St. Cronin has now been vouched for. Chief Rum hasn't been around, right? In my opinion, he's played this game similar to the only other game I've played. He hasn't posted quite as much in my opinion, but again I'm pretty sure I read that he wouldn't be around much today. His analysis seems way to valuable for us to get rid of right now. That leaves me with Hoopsguy, PurdueBrad, and AE. I'm a bit more suspicious of PurdueBrad and AE then Hoopsguy at the moment. I'm going to reread stuff before making my decision, but for now I'll got to take off for a bit. I think everyone else should also look at them before deciding whether or not to keep their votes on me. I'm a good guy and have a power that can be useful to the Olympians.

We'll cross the PurdueBrad/Hoopsguy bridge when we come to it. Yeah, everyone's a good guy in this game, apparently.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #1491
Poli
FOFC Survivor

One last thing, I have to send in my AP before I hit the road

All 5 AP are going on hoops tonight.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #1492
hoopsguy
General Manager

If there is someone in the game who is Achilles maybe this description from Ardent will mesh with their character. Telle has said that Achilles is in fact in the game, so there seems like a reasonable chance that he can help/hurt this reveal.

If AE is telling the truth here then I guess I'm surprised with the way he has played this game. He has the chance to be very aggressive as a human, as removing him from the board doesn't help the bad guy win conditions (1:1 ratio with Olympians). I understand wanting to stretch out the game personally, but why not have fun while you are playing?

I don't have nearly enough votes to get AE myself; I'm limited to one vote. If people don't want to look here and instead want to line up on Racer or Chief Rum I'll follow closer to deadline. But with what I know right now I feel OK about my vote on AE.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #1493
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
One last thing, I have to send in my AP before I hit the road

All 5 AP are going on hoops tonight.

If you are a human like you say you are then you are making a mistake with that vote, unless you have a win condition that is separate from the Olympian win conditions. A max vote on me would only help the Titans. I hope you reconsider.

If you do, don't post it in the thread. Just send in the one point and see if you can trap anyone else who jumps on me as a vote tomorrow if I show up lynched with fewer votes than someone else when they try to pin it on you.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #1494
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll reconsider it if I get back in time. As is I'm running late.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #1495
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1494:

Racer - DT (1253), Lathum (1355), Cronin (1368), AC (1378), Neon, (1380), Purdue (1392)
Chief - Anxiety (1346), Telle (1421)
Ardent - Hoops (1427)
Hoops - Ardent (1443)

Ardent has indicated he will be using a max (4) vote.
People who are limited with their vote today: PB, Hoops, DT
Old 10-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #1496
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

ardent, you should hold off on that vote for hoops and try looking for Achilles one more time. If you are Odysseus, you shouldn't be concerned about being killed, it can only serve the village well to build a strong CoT if you do find Achilles.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #1497
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Uh, I'm Odysseus. I don't want to reveal my power because I think it can really benefit the Olympians, but I will if it means saving my own skin.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #1498
Racer
College Benchwarmer

This makes my vote tonight pretty easy,

Vote Ardent_Enthusiast
Old 10-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #1499
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Guys, I really urge you to take your vote off of me and place them on AE tonight. My power has the potential to be very beneficial to the Olympians.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #1500
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Racer, it depends on how many Titans are out there. I'll see if I can work through it in this post and see how well the idea stands up.

Titans:
Atlas
Hyperion
???

Monsters:
Medusa
???

Heroes:
Heracles
Achilles
???

Olympians:
Hades
Poseidon
Ares
Hephaestus
Apollo
Asclepius
???

We know of six Olympians, two heroes, one monster, and two Titans (there are a couple of assumptions in those numbers) which total 11 out of 13 players. The ??? under each leaves open the potential for there to be additional members of this group.

We've lost four Olympians, one monster, and one Titan.

Starting ratios out of 19 players:
10 Olympians
3 Titans
2 Heroes
2 Monsters
2 left to be defined

If the Titans feel like they can get an Olympian today, and there are several revealed ones to pick from, they can take their shot with controlling the vote today and claiming another one tomorrow night. Ideally they can do this without having to max out their votes, as that might limit their night actions, but if we head into tomorrow with four Olympians against 3+ Titans/Monsters are we going to win that showdown?

I don't know what the ratios are and I would be a little surprised if any faction in this game knew exactly what they were. But if there are still three remaining Titans and Medusa aligns with them then this strategy makes a lot of sense for them.

I think this is worst-case thinking, but I would rather prepare for the worst than be ambushed by it. Which is why I still think we should try to come to a consensus today on our candidate, whoever it is going to be. I think there is enough information out there that we can make good decisions going forward without the benefit of a broad voting record from today.

Did I miss something? How do you know that Atlas is in the game?