Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2003, 01:37 PM   #1451
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, what do you guys expect me to say?

Happy to get a seemingly quality forward. Don't think he'll do what he did last year. Don't think he's worth that much. Don't think he's worth pulling out of the Federov sweepstakes for. But happy to get a quality forward.

I can only hope that last year was a turned corner for Prospal, although he seems to be more of a playmaker than a scorer. I guess that's not so bad if you put him on the top line with Sykroa and Rucchin (30+ and 20+ goal scorers). Any Lightning fans here (yeah...right...) can tell me if this guy is a solid two-way player? That would make the length and size of the deal make a little more sense.

As for Chistov, we were counting on a breakout year from him even when we were expecting to have Kariya back. So that doesn't change much. Even last season our offense was mediocre rather than good.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 02:27 PM   #1452
Karim
College Starter

Here's an excellent interview with Bill Zito (Barry's brother), agent of Tuomo Ruttu, regarding the contract stalemate with the Blackhawks:

http://www.blackhawkzone.com/news/071703.php
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 02:33 PM   #1453
bbor
Pro Starter

If Ruttu was Russian...Smith would have signed him in a second

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:05 PM   #1454
bbor
Pro Starter

Dola...The polish Gretzky signs on for a 2nd tour of duty with the Islander...1year 1 mil after getting bought out by the Habs.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #1455
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Yes. I don't see much offense without him.

I'm not sure what Wings fans are expecting, but who the Wings get in return will have a lot to do with how much they pick up in his salary. I keep hearing Doug Weight, but he is no Fedorov. Besides, who needs an overpaid, overrated goalie so bad that they would trade a center comparable to Fedorov for him? Well, Besides Colorado? [/b]

Maybe they won't get as much offense, but the defense will be improved and they have upgraded the goalie. As for Hasek being overpaid and overrated; where would you get that from? Has there ever been any indication of this? At minimum he is one of the top three goalies of the expansion era, if not higher. If 'overpaying' for a goalie means a better shot at the Cup, then that's fine by me.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:26 PM   #1456
Travis
Pro Rookie

I think the overrated/overpaid was in reference to Joseph...
Old 07-17-2003, 03:27 PM   #1457
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by ice4277
Maybe they won't get as much offense, but the defense will be improved and they have upgraded the goalie. As for Hasek being overpaid and overrated; where would you get that from? Has there ever been any indication of this? At minimum he is one of the top three goalies of the expansion era, if not higher. If 'overpaying' for a goalie means a better shot at the Cup, then that's fine by me.

Yes, the defense is improved. My point is that they will need Fedorov to score like they did last year. You Wing fans will HATE defensive hockey, trust me.

Oh, and I wasn't talking about Hasek. Unless Holland intends to trade him instead of the overpaid, overrated Cujo. Wouldn't that be interesting?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:54 PM   #1458
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

DOLA-

Well, it's a start.......

Quote:

NHL put limits on goaltender's pads

Canadian Press

7/17/2003

NEW YORK (CP) - Garth Snow, please surrender your pads.

The NHL announced Thursday it was instituting a 38-inch (76 cm) limit on the length of goaltender pads.

Snow, the backup goalie of the New York Islanders, came out with pads last season that nearly went to his waist. The league said Thursday it estimated about one-third of NHL goalies wore pads that exceeded 38 inches.

Previously, the only restriction on goalie pads was that the width does not exceed 12 inches (30 cm), and that remains in effect.

``Our objective in bringing in a restriction on the height of pads was to create a level playing field for all goaltenders without compromising their protection,'' Colin Campbell, the NHL's senior vice-president and director of hockey operations, said in a statement.

``We intend to strictly enforce this new standard by measuring goaltenders' pads on a regular basis during the season.''

Clubs will be fined $25,000 US for having a goalie violate the new rule.

The league also announced Thursday that former NHLer Kris King will oversee the enforcement of rules pertaining to goalie equipment. King played 14 years in the NHL from 1987-88 to 2000-01 with Detroit, the New York Rangers, Winnipeg, Phoenix, Toronto and Chicago.

Chances are, the league will nod their heads, sigh, and move on to the next "problem". Or they could suprise me and take care of the pad width problem, too.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #1459
Karim
College Starter

That's what I was thinking. While they were at it, why not deal with jersey size, shoulder pads, blocker size, glove size and pad width?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:06 PM   #1460
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yes, the defense is improved. My point is that they will need Fedorov to score like they did last year. You Wing fans will HATE defensive hockey, trust me.

Oh, and I wasn't talking about Hasek. Unless Holland intends to trade him instead of the overpaid, overrated Cujo. Wouldn't that be interesting?

We won't hate defensive hockey if it brings us another Cup

Gotcha on the Cujo/Hasek thing, I read it wrong...my bad.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 11:49 AM   #1461
bbor
Pro Starter

Cup goes through Colorado this year i do believe.

Old 07-18-2003, 12:02 PM   #1462
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
Cup goes through Colorado this year i do believe.

You may be right, but history is on the side of the team with the biggest goaltender...but has there been a team in the modern era with scoring depth like they have? Jeez. Gives me the willies just thinking about. How the hell can you get matchups against that lineup?
Old 07-18-2003, 01:05 PM   #1463
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
You may be right, but history is on the side of the team with the biggest goaltender

This brings up an interesting question Sach....

With all this talk about Hasek coming back...it has sort of over shadowed the fact or rather question of IF he can still play?

He is 37 years old and took a year off.He was a world class goalie when he retired...but......look how fast Roy went from super human to mere mortal.

Interesting to see how it plays out....will they keep Cujo until they figure out if Dom is still Dom?

Old 07-18-2003, 01:35 PM   #1464
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This brings up an interesting question Sach....

With all this talk about Hasek coming back...it has sort of over shadowed the fact or rather question of IF he can still play?

He is 37 years old and took a year off.He was a world class goalie when he retired...but......look how fast Roy went from super human to mere mortal.

Interesting to see how it plays out....will they keep Cujo until they figure out if Dom is still Dom?

Wouldn't that be great if the rest of the teams just made Detroit sit there with all that money in the goaltending position!
Old 07-18-2003, 03:15 PM   #1465
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cards4ever
Wouldn't that be great if the rest of the teams just made Detroit sit there with all that money in the goaltending position!
When Toronto was in a similar (although somewhat lower profile) situation with Cujo and Felix, teams tried to lowball. They didn't end up getting a deal done until December.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #1466
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
When Toronto was in a similar (although somewhat lower profile) situation with Cujo and Felix, teams tried to lowball. They didn't end up getting a deal done until December.

That would be beautiful! Detroit has Hasek, Legace, and Cujo, so they have even more of a problem, of course if Hasek's back goes out.....
Old 07-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #1467
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
That would be beautiful! Detroit has Hasek, Legace, and Cujo, so they have even more of a problem, of course if Hasek's back goes out.....
If you're really a Red Wing hater, you should hope they follow the exact same route the Leafs did: wait six months, make the deal, get a good young player in return, then watch as he gets his eye carved out by a high-stick.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:13 PM   #1468
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If you're really a Red Wing hater, you should hope they follow the exact same route the Leafs did: wait six months, make the deal, get a good young player in return, then watch as he gets his eye carved out by a high-stick.

I would never ever ever wish for something like that to happen, I've seen guys get carried off the ice, it sickens me to my stomach.

My speculation is purely on the fact that Hasek has had a bad back and it has gone out in the past, you have to wonder what is going to happen after a year out.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:25 AM   #1469
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Looks like the Ducks will be signing Fedorov afterall...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=47789
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 12:24 PM   #1470
bbor
Pro Starter

I think i just saw a nekkid man streaking down the street only wearing a tattoo of a duck on his chest....I think it might have been CR celebrating the arrival of Feds for 5 years 40 mil.....Murray is giving Lacroix a run for executive of the year.

Old 07-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #1471
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

My poor dog.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 01:40 PM   #1472
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
My poor dog.

LOL! Hats off to Anaheim. They aren't giving up easily, are they?
Old 07-19-2003, 01:48 PM   #1473
bbor
Pro Starter

Who needs Kariya when they have Feds...for cheaper...and i think he os more rounded a player than Kariya...although he is a bit more moodier.

It is gonna be strange to see Feds in a Ducks Uni....i guess it will bejust as odd to see Kariya in a Avs uni.

HB,how do you think the Wings counter this move?.......Grabbing Weight?...or do they just go on without Feds without replacing him?

Since the Leafs are now rebuilding with youth(according to Quinn) maybe the Wings could get Sundin off them

Old 07-19-2003, 03:14 PM   #1474
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Not really sure how the Wings counter this move. I guess one option is signing Nieuwendyk. His name has been thrown around as a possible stop-gap measure in case Fedorov leaves. No offense to Joe, but he's 37 and not what he used to be. Losing Fedorov hurts big time. Yzerman's knees could go at any minute. That leaves them with Zetterberg, a second year guy, as your #1 center. Scary. It's a big drop off, considering the "old" Wings (pun intended) used to be incredibly solid down the middle: Yzerman, Fedorov, Larionov, Draper.

The only asset they can move at this moment, and get something even close to Feds is Joseph. Easier said then done as we've discussed here. Weight is the best option. Most talented available. If not him? Lindros? I dunno.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 04:13 PM   #1475
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I would never ever ever wish for something like that to happen, I've seen guys get carried off the ice, it sickens me to my stomach.
No kidding, I was at the Berard game. Not fun.

It's funny how that incident hasn't stuck to Hossa, though. It's as if it's just been forgotten.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:17 PM   #1476
Karim
College Starter

Quote:

It's funny how that incident hasn't stuck to Hossa, though. It's as if it's just been forgotten.

I really think that's because it was an accident. It was the backswing if I remember correctly, so there was nothing that could have prevented it. Had it been semi-deliberate, it would have followed him his entire career.

What's interesting is that it hasn't at all affected his play. Some people wouldn't be able to handle the psychological aspect afterwards, just like some pitchers who've seriously injured a batter.

I wonder how the guy whose skate sliced Malarchuk dealt with it. That was by far the worst thing I've seen in hockey.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:11 PM   #1477
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Actually I think it was the follow through that caught Berard in the eye. It was such an exaggerated swing that I think Hossa could feel a bit guilty about the carelessness of it all, but it definitely wasn’t deliberate so that’s likely the reason it hasn’t stuck to him.

I can’t remember who the player on the Malarchuk incident was, but wasn’t he hauled down by the defenseman as he cut toward the net? Surely I wouldn’t feel responsible in that case. It was just a misfortunate horrific accident.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:19 PM   #1478
klayman
College Benchwarmer

dola

Steve Tuttle was the player.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:39 PM   #1479
Karim
College Starter

I remember back in the 80s during a Flames game, Eddie Beers was hit and immediately you saw the trainer, Bearcat Murray, running down the ice. I don't even think the play had stopped but thankfully the trainer was on the ball because it turned out Beers had swallowed his tongue and couldn't breathe.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:59 AM   #1480
bbor
Pro Starter

Is Bearcat still employed by the Flames?

Old 07-21-2003, 08:23 AM   #1481
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
I really think that's because it was an accident. It was the backswing if I remember correctly, so there was nothing that could have prevented it. Had it been semi-deliberate, it would have followed him his entire career.
Yes and no. It was certainly not deliberate, but it was a wild swing that it would definetely fall under the category of incredibly careless. It was definetely not "just one of those plays", and I don't think to this day anyone knows what exactly he was thinking.
Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
What's interesting is that it hasn't at all affected his play. Some people wouldn't be able to handle the psychological aspect afterwards, just like some pitchers who've seriously injured a batter.
If I remember right, he was actually quite shaken for a long time after the incident. Much of the rest of the season was a writeoff for him.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:32 PM   #1482
bbor
Pro Starter

Bump

Old 07-22-2003, 02:04 AM   #1483
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Is Bearcat still employed by the Flames?

No, he retired a few years ago. I think he shows up at alumni golf tournaments and such.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:12 AM   #1484
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Since no one else has mentioned it, Stevie Y stays in Detroit for $6M and change.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 06:07 AM   #1485
klayman
College Benchwarmer

klayman's Completely Bored Hockey Trivia

General trivia

2 points - The top 5 all time defenseman point leaders are Ray Bourque (1579), Paul Coffey (1531), Al MacInnis (1272), Phil Housley (1232), and this former Peterborough Pete with (1216).

Larry Murphy - Maple Leafs

9 points - With all the talk around Malarchuk above, name the defenseman who checked Steve Tuttle causing his skate to cut Malarchuk, the goalie who replaced Malarchuk during that game, and the 3 other goalies the Sabers used in net that season.

1 point - Steve Yzerman is the current longest serving Red Wing. With the departure of Sergei Fedorov from the Red Wings, what player now holds the 2nd longest current tenure with the club?

Nicklas Lidstrom - Sachmo

8 points - I think I’ve posted this one before in other triva threads, but I’m not sure if anyone got it. The Tragically Hip have a song that explains the story revolving around Bill Barilko. Barilko scored the game winning goal in overtime to win the 1951 Stanley Cup 4 games to 1 for the Leafs, and then disappeared in a plane crash on a fishing trip during the summer. The Leafs would not win the Cup again until his body was discovered. What team did they beat, what year did they recapture the Cup, and what unique event happened in the 1951 Final series that never happened before or since?

Montreal Canadiens, 1961-62, All five games went into overtime - Karim

3 points - Poor John Ogrodnick. He played his entire career with 3 crappy teams, who each won the Stanley Cup after he retired in 1993. What 3 teams were they?

New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings - Maple Leafs 2 out of 3
Quebec Nordiques - Karim

Useless Goalie Trivia

2 points - Detroit Red Wings shady goalies. This GS faced the brunt of the opposition for most of the early 80’s until this former Canuck GH replaced him in the late 80’s.

Greg Stefan and Glen Hanlon - Maple Leafs

2 points - This former New York Ranger goaltender thought he was a reincarnated lion, had a lion painted on his goalie mask, and once pounced on an opposition player (like a lion) during a fight.

1 point - Name the only goaltender in NHL history who has all five vowels (a,e,i,o,u) in his last name.

John Vanbiesbrouck - henry296

3 points - On October 12, 1980, the Leafs’ Wilf Paiement scored the NHL’s 100,000th goal against the Philadelphia Flyers. Name the goaltender he scored against.

Things only klayman knows about the Edmonton Oilers Trivia

4 points - The Edmonton Oilers lost their first ever NHL game 4-2 to Chicago. Who scored the Oilers’ first goal and who received their first penalty?

Kevin Lowe (goal) - Karim

2 points - Oiler shady player. JP who won 2 cups playing the left wing along Mark Messier and Glen Anderson.

Jaroslav Pouzar - Karim

2 points - Dave Semenko scored 6 goals during the 83-84 regular season. How many did he score playing on Gretzky and Kurri's line during the playoffs?

5 - Karim

5 points - Exactly 2 players have played for the Calgary Flames before joining the Edmonton Oilers and then winning a Stanley Cup with Edmonton. Kent Nilsson was one, the other was this player who scored an important overtime goal against the Winnipeg Jets in the 1990 Stanley Cup 1st round.

Mark Lamb - Karim

2 points - Going a different way. I won 3 Stanley Cups with the New York Islanders before winning another with the 84-85 Edmonton Oilers after being claimed off waivers. Who am I?

Billy Carrol - Karim

Bonus Question
10 points - klayman’s all time 2nd favorite goaltender, this former Blackhawk is a Vezina trophy winner and also played for the Sabers and Red Wings.

Bob Sauve - Karim

PM me or shout them out, whatever you guys decide. I'll keep score. If it's a big hit I'll work on some more.

EDIT: corrected spelling mistakes

Leader Board:
Karim - 32 points
Maple Leafs - 6 points
Sachmo - 1 point
henry296 - 1 point

Last edited by klayman : 07-22-2003 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:36 AM   #1486
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by klayman

2 points - The top 5 all time defenseman point leaders are Ray Bourque (1579), Paul Coffey (1531), Al MacInnis (1272), Phil Housley (1232), and this former Peterborough Pete with (1216).
When in doubt, always try Larry Murphy as the answer to any defenceman trivia.

Quote:

1 point - Steve Yzerman is the current longest serving Red Wing. With the departure of Sergei Fedorov from the Red Wings, what player now holds the 2nd longest current tenure with the club?
McCarthy?
Quote:

3 points - Poor John Ogrodnick. He played his entire career with 3 crappy teams, who each won the Stanley Cup after he retired in 1993. What 3 teams were they?
Rangers and Wings for sure. Devils?
Quote:

2 points - Detroit Red Wings shady goalies. This GS faced the brunt of the opposition for most of the early 80’s until this former Canuck GH replaced him in the late 80’s.
Greg Stefan, and Glen Hanlon.
Quote:

1 point - Name the only goaltender in NHL history who has all five vowels (a,e,i,o,u) in his last name.
Tough one. Is it someone we'd have heard of?
Quote:

10 points - klayman’s all time 2nd favorite goaltender, this former Blackhawk is a Vezina trophy winner and also played for the Sabers and Red Wings.
Heh... Hasek. I think I remember hearing that he did play for the Sabres at one point.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:53 AM   #1487
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The player on the Red Wings with the longest tenure besides Yzerman is...Lidstrom?
Old 07-22-2003, 09:17 AM   #1488
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Damn. "Khabibulin" is a couple of vowels short. But it sounds odd so I figured it might have snuck in a couple of strays.

SI

Old 07-22-2003, 10:53 AM   #1489
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I have to admit...I didn't see this coming.

Quote:

Numminen to Dallas in three way deal

TSN.ca Staff

7/22/2003

A three-team, two-part trade will see defenceman Teppo Numminen change franchises for the first time in his 15-year NHL career.

The Columbus Blue Jackets have sent centre Mike Sillinger and a second round draft pick to the Dallas Stars for defenceman Darryl Sydor. The Stars then sent Sillinger and a draft pick to the Phoenix Coyotes for Teppo Numminen, who waived his no-trade clause to go to Dallas.

Numminen, who is scheduled to make $4.5-million next year, has spent his entire 15-year NHL career with the Phoenix Coyotes/Winnipeg Jets franchise. He was originally drafted by the Jets in 1986 and joined the NHL club for the 1989-1990 season.

Numminen's 1,098 games with the franchise rank as the third-most with one team in the NHL among active players behind Detroit's Steve Yzerman (1,378) and New Jersey's Ken Daneyko (1,283).

Numminen has scored 108 goals and 534 points in his NHL career. He has six goals and 30 points in 78 games with the Coyotes last season.

Sydor, who is in the second year of a five-year, $15.8 million contract, has spent 12 NHL seasons with Los Angeles and Dallas. He scored five goals and 36 points with the Stars last season and has tallied 82 goals and 405 points in 863 career NHL games.

The emergence of Philippe Boucher and Stephane Robidas on defence helped make Sydor expendable along with Dallas' need to clear payroll space to re-sign potential free agents Mike Modano, Jason Arnott and Jere Lehtinen in the future.

Sillinger, who will earn $1.8-million last year, has played parts of 12 NHL seasons with the Detroit, Anaheim, Vancouver, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Florida, Ottawa and Columbus. He scored 18 goals and 43 points in 75 games with the Blue Jackets last season and has 153 goals and 374 points in 753 career NHL games.

Sydor has been cold for a while now, but he had great chemistry with Zubov. Teppo is a great player, but he's old. I'll have to think about this one for a while.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:21 AM   #1490
bbor
Pro Starter

Damn...Why would they make this deal?Sydor and Zubov have been the PP D-men for Dallas for ages havent they?Has Sydor fallen that far in his play?

I like Numminen...but he is rather old.Sydor will get assloads of icetime in Columbus and is a good pick up for them to have some experience on the blueline.

Phoenix obviously is dumping for salary with Sillinger only scheduled to make 1.6 mil or so this season.

Old 07-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #1491
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Sydor has 3 years remaining on a $3 mil/per contract. I think the Stars want Teppo to help with the puck moving offense, then maybe resign him at a reduced level next year (assuming there is one). That way, they can have some free space to sign the UFA's coming out next year, which include Modano and Lehtinen. Sydor will have a career year in Columbus this year...
Old 07-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #1492
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
When in doubt, always try Larry Murphy as the answer to any defenceman trivia.
correct

Quote:
McCarthy?
nope

Quote:
Rangers and Wings for sure. Devils?
Rangers and Wings correct, third team is not the Devils. Might be sneaky.

Quote:
Greg Stefan, and Glen Hanlon.
correct

Quote:
Tough one. Is it someone we'd have heard of?
yes, it is a modern player (no longer playing though)

Quote:
Heh... Hasek. I think I remember hearing that he did play for the Sabres at one point.
While Haskek is a Vezina winner and has played for the Hawks, Sabers, and Red Wings he is not in klayman's favorite goalies column. hehe, I knew this one would catch somebody.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #1493
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The player on the Red Wings with the longest tenure besides Yzerman is...Lidstrom?

correct
Old 07-22-2003, 01:45 PM   #1494
henry296
College Starter

Is the goalie: John Vanbiesbrouck.

Todd
Old 07-22-2003, 01:53 PM   #1495
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by henry296

Todd
it is.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:01 PM   #1496
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Damn...Why would they make this deal?Sydor and Zubov have been the PP D-men for Dallas for ages havent they?Has Sydor fallen that far in his play?

It was probably the dye job on his hair that made them trade him...his teammates were laughing so hard, they couldn't win the Cup anymore.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #1497
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
The Leafs would not win the Cup again until his body was discovered. What team did they beat, what year did they recapture the Cup, and what unique event happened in the 1951 Final series that never happened before or since?

Montreal Canadiens

1961-62

All five games went into overtime

Last edited by Karim : 07-22-2003 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:18 PM   #1498
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Poor John Ogrodnick. He played his entire career with 3 crappy teams, who each won the Stanley Cup after he retired in 1993. What 3 teams were they?

Quebec?

Quote:
Bonus Question
10 points - klayman’s all time 2nd favorite goaltender, this former Blackhawk is a Vezina trophy winner and also played for the Sabers and Red Wings

Hasek?

Quote:
3 points - On October 12, 1980, the Leafs’ Wilf Paiement scored the NHL’s 100,000th goal against the Philadelphia Flyers. Name the goaltender he scored against.

Pete Peeters?

Quote:
5 points - Exactly 2 players have played for the Calgary Flames before joining the Edmonton Oilers and then winning a Stanley Cup with Edmonton. Kent Nilsson was one, the other was this player who scored an important overtime goal against the Winnipeg Jets in the 1990 Stanley Cup 1st round.

Mark Lamb?

Quote:
4 points - The Edmonton Oilers lost their first ever NHL game 4-2 to Chicago. Who scored the Oilers’ first goal and who received their first penalty?

The goal was definitely Kevin Lowe... the penalty, also Kevin Lowe?
Old 07-22-2003, 05:20 PM   #1499
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by henry296

Todd

Ok, now I feel stupid. I should have known that.

SI

Old 07-22-2003, 05:25 PM   #1500
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
While Haskek is a Vezina winner and has played for the Hawks, Sabers, and Red Wings he is not in klayman's favorite goalies column. hehe, I knew this one would catch somebody.

I didn't read that Hasek wasn't right. How about Bob Sauve?