Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #1451
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I assure you. I was attacked by a necromancer on Night 2. I'm not making it up. I don't really expect it to clear me, since it seems easy for me to be making it up. Just don't make it something that ADDS suspicion to me.
The fact hoops didnt mention anything like it in his night post is odd, but you saying you found the knife is what really makes me suspicious. I dont think you would be notified of finding the item unless you could use it. So the fact you made no mention of that makes me doubt you more.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #1452
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe someone else scanned on Night 2 was inactive? Could it have been Bek? I think he was the only one who didn't post at all on Night 2.

I mean, he was the only one who didn't post Day 3. Worked out well for us -- the seer didn't have to out himself to get Bek lynched.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #1453
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I find it highly odd no one else has come forward and claimed to be scanned as well. I havent been scanned that i know of, so lathum claiming this seems odd. But if he was really scanned it would be by a bad guy, and if he was bad then he would tell us. I think lathums story is one i dont understand yet, unless hes bad and slipped up thinking others who werent bad could corroborate his story.

blade, dont know if you skimmed over it or are discounting it, but we had a conversation yesterday about why no one else has said anything similar to lathum...one thought was that the seer hasnt been making scans the past 2 nights so he can summon the avatar on night 4 (must forego scanning for 3 nights before the summoning can occur)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #1454
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe someone else scanned on Night 2 was inactive? Could it have been Bek? I think he was the only one who didn't post at all on Night 2.
And what about night one and night 3? I doubt hoops decided to just make night 2 the night he would tell us.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #1455
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The fact hoops didnt mention anything like it in his night post is odd, but you saying you found the knife is what really makes me suspicious. I dont think you would be notified of finding the item unless you could use it. So the fact you made no mention of that makes me doubt you more.

The fact that I made no mention of what? Whether or not I could use it?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #1456
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And what about night one and night 3? I doubt hoops decided to just make night 2 the night he would tell us.

Night 1 = Lathum
Night 2 = Bek?
Night 3 = Hasn't come out yet.

Just the theory I'm sticking out there.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:30 AM   #1457
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
blade, dont know if you skimmed over it or are discounting it, but we had a conversation yesterday about why no one else has said anything similar to lathum...one thought was that the seer hasnt been making scans the past 2 nights so he can summon the avatar on night 4 (must forego scanning for 3 nights before the summoning can occur)
I dont think the seer was involved, as i dont think the seer would do one scan and then stop. Either scan all the way or from night one go for avatar. So i figure the scan was bad, as if it was seer we would have other views in my mind.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #1458
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The fact that I made no mention of what? Whether or not I could use it?
Yes sir...if hoops brought it up, i think it would be a useable item. You seemed to indicate otherwise or not indicate at all.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #1459
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Night 1 = Lathum
Night 2 = Bek?
Night 3 = Hasn't come out yet.

Just the theory I'm sticking out there.
Possible, but like people reasoning why bek couldnt have been found yet, what seer do you know would scan lathum and then bek? Most players would go vets, barring hoopsguy who isnt playing.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:35 AM   #1460
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here's my current take on people. There are many people that I have no good feel for at all, so just left those blank..

Big Trust
4. path12 - He is the pharoah. I'll conceed its not a gurantuee that he is good, but he has the most going for him so far to be likely to be good I think.

Small Trust
7. Dubb - Without much opposition to doubt he is the soothsayer as he says he is, the question now becomes just like the pharoah. Do we think this role is good or bad?

10. SnDvls - His being cleared right now relies entirely on Dubb's allegiance. If Dubbs is indeed on our side, then Sndvls is too.

2. Passacaglia - Can't clear yourself by saying you were attacked without anyone else to back you up. Nothing from Hoops to back up his story either. However, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

11. Lathum - No one really has come out and said "Hey I'm the seer and I didn't scan you and you are full of it." I don't think its a smart move for the seer to come out right now even if Lathum is bad, but without any opposition, I'm ok with the idea that Lathum was scanned by the seer and no one has been pushing for his vote.

Neutral

1. Barkeep49 - Receiving the Scarab doesn't mean he is good. it just means whoever passed it to him thinks he is. I did not like how many people were pushing for Barkeep's lynch yesterday just for trying to get some conversation going. If I had to guess, I would lean towards him being good. But not much to go on for now.

3. Schmidty - Schmidty is like trying to read a black wall in the dark. If he ever actually gave us anything to use to find his innocence, I would be suprised!

5. Anxiety -

12. Coffee Warlord -

14. Qwikshot -

15. Tyrith -

17. Blade6119 - I made some comments about Blade earlier where it felt he was being different. i don't feel that any more. He feels like typical blade to me now.

19. Vince -

20. Chubby - I think its unlikely that we have 2 new players playing the I'm a new guy so cut me some slack while I undermind all of good and try to kill you all at night cards. Its probably not a stretch to think there is a chance of at least one of the new guys doing that though. Right now based on behavior alone though I am leaning towards Bullet being bad more than chubby.

21. Tanglewood - Really hasnt been here much or said much. Thats not always a reason to lynch someone though. He could be flying under the radar, and I'll vote for him in lieu of someone else that I don't have a good feal for though.

22. Kingfc22 -

Small Untrust
13. bulletsponge - See my comments on chubby

9. Saldana - Only really negative thing I have against Saldana is that he pushed and pushed hard for Cronin's death. He pushed hard enough to get me to buy into it which I regret now. I would think less of it if I didnt feel that someone bad knew Cronin was going to be set up to die with the silence spell.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #1461
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Possible, but like people reasoning why bek couldnt have been found yet, what seer do you know would scan lathum and then bek? Most players would go vets, barring hoopsguy who isnt playing.

Maybe a rookie, who doesn't know who the vets are?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #1462
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't think lathum is a bad choice for an early seer scan. He's been a pretty good player in the games i have been in with him. He also usually leaves more closer to the chest than some of the players like Hoops or Barkeep or you or such. So there are less ways to find out information on him.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #1463
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree with these statements. You're saying alot of what I said earlier about it. I don't think its something that makes me find him more suspicious, I just dont really have any desire to use it to add him to my trust list without secondary backup on it from something.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #1464
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That list is pretty helpful, Alan T. Makes me wonder about some of those in your Neutral group, to see who's trying to fly under the radar. I'm thinking Schmidty, Qwikshot, and king.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #1465
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That list is pretty helpful, Alan T. Makes me wonder about some of those in your Neutral group, to see who's trying to fly under the radar. I'm thinking Schmidty, Qwikshot, and king.

Well I am working from a datacenter this week, so most of my notes are in the form of notepad files on a computer. I've been trying to jot down things that interest me as I see them. So some of the people I don't really have much to go on yet is more due to my lack of writing down anything about them that caught my eye more so than them being under the radar.

Some of them definitly are doing that though, but just wanted to say my lack of putting anything about them wasn't me trying to say that. Just I hadn't noted much of anything from those people yet!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #1466
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I think we should come to some consensus about who we believe to eb good and have pass, pass them the knife. I would lean towards SnDvls as he seems to be pretty clearly cleared.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #1467
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe a rookie, who doesn't know who the vets are?
Bullet didnt know earlier, but it was explained to him pretty early bu snvdvls i think(sorry if wrong person). Chubby i havent seen much either way.

I certainly buy bullet scanning those 2...and since he has been on everyone's suspect list, ill go through with it.

VOTE BULLETSPONGE

I think im fairly confident we have good odds with him as i put the pieces together in my head. He just seems to fit into all the pieces i have for what i think a necro would be doing(the cronin vote, who they would scan, comments made, etc.) I think this will be my vote, barring some info later that i dont see now. I think, for the first time this game, im confident with my vote.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #1468
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Bullet didnt know earlier, but it was explained to him pretty early bu snvdvls i think(sorry if wrong person). Chubby i havent seen much either way.

I certainly buy bullet scanning those 2...and since he has been on everyone's suspect list, ill go through with it.

VOTE BULLETSPONGE

I think im fairly confident we have good odds with him as i put the pieces together in my head. He just seems to fit into all the pieces i have for what i think a necro would be doing(the cronin vote, who they would scan, comments made, etc.) I think this will be my vote, barring some info later that i dont see now. I think, for the first time this game, im confident with my vote.

Oh, so you think a necromancer has been doing these scans? I thought it was the Mystic.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #1469
path12
Coordinator

I was attacked last night. Luckily, I appear to have had some combat training and was able to parry the blow while screaming for my guards. He blinded me momentarily as I was reaching for his hood, so I didn't get a look at who it was before he escaped.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #1470
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Not flying under the radar...and following blade's comments (whom I trust) it seems we need more info to prove that you were attacked...

I'm going to go back and trend the votes...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #1471
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, so you think a necromancer has been doing these scans? I thought it was the Mystic.
I think it was a necromancer, yes. Im acting under the assumption the seer is either doing avatar or we dont find out his scans. For hoops to tell a bad guy he was scanned last night would be crazy(as if he doesnt say a necro he knows its a mystic...i dont buy hoops telling for the mystic)
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #1472
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Blade: I think you're wrong here. I think one of two things about Lathum's scan:
A. He's full of it
B. The person did one scan, of Lathum, not a bad choice at all, and is now summoning a good guy for us

So without agreeing with that part of the assumption I have trouble going with the bullet vote for the time being.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #1473
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I was attacked last night. Luckily, I appear to have had some combat training and was able to parry the blow while screaming for my guards. He blinded me momentarily as I was reaching for his hood, so I didn't get a look at who it was before he escaped.

Looks like we got lucky. Why no EG protecting you?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #1474
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well I think we should come to some consensus about who we believe to eb good and have pass, pass them the knife. I would lean towards SnDvls as he seems to be pretty clearly cleared.

I would say path, but my fear there is what if the holder of the knife has some curse or bad thing happen to them. So after path, out of the people in my some trust group, sndvls is the only one who didn't bring that trust to himself. Ie: Dubbs is the one vouching for him. So he seems the best of the bunch to me.

Ie: for Sndvls to be bad, it means both Dubbs and Sndvls are bad. Even if Dubbs is bad, he could have still vouched for someone who was good as a way to buy trust. So odds are in my head Sndvls has a better chance of being good than bad here.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #1475
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

I've been at work the past two days past the deadline so I haven't been able to post much during the day. Trying to be as helpful as possible with all the broken pieces of info we have received.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #1476
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Because I had him on Dubb.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #1477
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade: I think you're wrong here. I think one of two things about Lathum's scan:
A. He's full of it
B. The person did one scan, of Lathum, not a bad choice at all, and is now summoning a good guy for us

So without agreeing with that part of the assumption I have trouble going with the bullet vote for the time being.
You dont think a necro could have scanned him? Your talking mystic, im talking necro
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #1478
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Path only gave one order to the EG on night one to protect someone, as a way to confirm who they are later on. he's been leaving it up to them (free will) who to protect each night. Whether its him, Dubbs or someone else.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #1479
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Because I had him on Dubb.

Fair enough.

Anyway, I'll come clean about the dagger: it doesn't do a damn thing. I was hoping to make the necromancers think it would help defend me, so that they wouldn't attack me, but it's no biggie. They probably have better targets at this point, anyway.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #1480
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Path only gave one order to the EG on night one to protect someone, as a way to confirm who they are later on. he's been leaving it up to them (free will) who to protect each night. Whether its him, Dubbs or someone else.
Path just said he ordered to guard dubb last night...i dont like that...path is meddling in places he shouldnt be meddling if you ask me...
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #1481
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I would say path, but my fear there is what if the holder of the knife has some curse or bad thing happen to them. So after path, out of the people in my some trust group, sndvls is the only one who didn't bring that trust to himself. Ie: Dubbs is the one vouching for him. So he seems the best of the bunch to me.

Keep in mind, I still have the helmet and I can only keep one object at a time, so for me to get the knife I would need to pass/use the helmet.

As a matter of fact, this would be a good time after Barkeep's revelation to say that I had a scarab to start with. I used it when I got the helmet. There was no obvious effect besides a green light that washed over me.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #1482
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Why would you say that, when path said he had the EG on dubb?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #1483
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Ie: for Sndvls to be bad, it means both Dubbs and Sndvls are bad. Even if Dubbs is bad, he could have still vouched for someone who was good as a way to buy trust. So odds are in my head Sndvls has a better chance of being good than bad here.

Sun voted for Bek three days straight...no flinch...that's impressive...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #1484
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You dont think a necro could have scanned him? Your talking mystic, im talking necro

I think I side with barkeep on this one.. and here is why.. We have to assume there were at least 4 necros on night 1, and without anything else going on, have to assume at least 3 if not all of them were scanning people. I find it hard to believe now after 3 nights, that all of the necros would not have hit on some other person who was good who would have had the same message as Lathum.

So I don't think Lathum's message is from the necro scan.

Either he is making it up, or the seer scanned him

Now why no one else has been scanned by the seer since then.. either its the avatar thing like people have been mentioning or once again Lathum is making it up
Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #1485
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Path just said he ordered to guard dubb last night...i dont like that...path is meddling in places he shouldnt be meddling if you ask me...

Why not? I don't have a problem with him keeping the EG honest. It's not like the necros are killing anyone as a result.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #1486
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Why? I shouldn't make sure the soothsayer is protected???? Blade, you are really starting to ping my radar.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #1487
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why would you say that, when path said he had the EG on dubb?

Because its what path told us yesterday that he hadn't been giving the EG any other orders. Obviously I am mistaken about last night since I was not privy to that info!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #1488
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Why? I shouldn't make sure the soothsayer is protected???? Blade, you are really starting to ping my radar.
You dont think the EG can do things on his own and make the best decision? The fact, past night one when we agreed it was ok, you are using the power is unsettling. The fact attacks are occuring on targets outside of your order is more unsettling.

I think bullet is the right move to make today, but if you want to distrust me im sure the seer has already scanned me or will tonight
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #1489
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Fair enough.

Anyway, I'll come clean about the dagger: it doesn't do a damn thing. I was hoping to make the necromancers think it would help defend me, so that they wouldn't attack me, but it's no biggie. They probably have better targets at this point, anyway.
Yeah I thought it was clear from the start based on how you described it that the dagger doesn't do you any good. But I'd still like you to pass it tonight. Then when the person recieves it we can verify your story and thus you as a good guy.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #1490
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You dont think the EG can do things on his own and make the best decision? The fact, past night one when we agreed it was ok, you are using the power is unsettling. The fact attacks are occuring on targets outside of your order is more unsettling.

I don't know who the damn EG is -- what if it's Tangle who hasn't been around? It is part of my ability to be able to place the EG and I decided to make sure that the one person besides myself that has revealed was protected. If you have a problem with that so be it. If people don't want me to move the guard around I won't. But don't sit here and try to tell me that it was a bad move. Who would you have protected?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #1491
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah I thought it was clear from the start based on how you described it that the dagger doesn't do you any good. But I'd still like you to pass it tonight. Then when the person recieves it we can verify your story and thus you as a good guy.

I honestly can't pass it. It's just a token to inform me that a necromancer was behind the attack.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #1492
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I honestly can't pass it. It's just a token to inform me that a necromancer was behind the attack.
Well then I have to tell you this is sounding more and more like your "reveal" in the yak game. Trust but verify is what I say and you're giving us no way of verifying a story that has other parts that don't add up.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #1493
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know who the damn EG is -- what if it's Tangle who hasn't been around? It is part of my ability to be able to place the EG and I decided to make sure that the one person besides myself that has revealed was protected. If you have a problem with that so be it. If people don't want me to move the guard around I won't. But don't sit here and try to tell me that it was a bad move. Who would you have protected?
Not Dubb, as his role is almost all used up if not entirely. I would go after someone i felt was hinting at a more powerful egyptian role, be it EG or mystic or whatever. I dont know who they are, but dubb would not have been my choice.

The problem for me is not you guarded dubb, its that i thought we had all agreed you would do night 1 only, and yet here you are. Maybe im mistaken, so feel free to ignore me.

I will likely spend the rest of the day pushing to get my suspect lynched, complaining about US soccer, and sleeping after not doing the latter last night due to the WC
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #1494
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So I'm confused: Pass you said you had the knife and hinted it might have powers so that you would get attacked again? You were really wililng to play 50/50 with your life?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #1495
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, the more i think about it the more i like bullet as a bad guy. Qwik, you said you were following my actions. Want to back me up and see if im right on my first real suspicion this game. Even if we dont lynch him, hopefully we can get a response since he was here post my vote and didnt say a thing.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #1496
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Nevermind. He was trying NOT to get attacked. I got it.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #1497
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Blade, this is a big FUCK YOU. I am so sick of your fucking elitist comments about everyone who you don't consider to be a "vet". I was the first person lynched in the first ever game so if that doesn't make me a vet I don't kow what does. I'm sorry some of us don't print out every page then highlight certain statements and cross reference them with a chart made on a dry erase board set up in their parents basement.

Every single game you feel the need to seperate yourself from the "common" people and remind everybody about the upper class of the werewolf world. I am so fucking sick of it and so are a number of other people. You want to know why so many people don't play anymore, it's because of you and your elitist, condesending attitude towards everyone who you don't consider worthy.

I had some usefull information but I'll just keep it to myself and let all the "vets" and "master strategists" win the game for us.

And in case I forgot.

FUCK YOU BLADE YOU FUCKING JERKOFF
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #1498
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola, the more i think about it the more i like bullet as a bad guy. Qwik, you said you were following my actions. Want to back me up and see if im right on my first real suspicion this game. Even if we dont lynch him, hopefully we can get a response since he was here post my vote and didnt say a thing.

Unvote Tangle
Vote Bullet

This statement stands for itself. I'll follow Blade's lead.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #1499
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yep, it feels like werewolf now!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #1500
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

....wow we need to chill out.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote