Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #101
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

wtf? Kubiak passes out from shock at whats happening?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #102
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I did. And I'm still losing. To a team that didn't start a 2nd QB. I want to die.

Ya, I got caught by the Thursday game with my backup. Thankfully Brady and Andre Johnson are picking up the slack
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #103
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
wtf? Kubiak passes out from shock at whats happening?

Pretty concerning.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #104
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

4th and 11 from mid-field sucks, but you can't kick it away with less than two minutes left and only two timeouts. Feels like they just conceded the game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #105
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like they will get the ball back anyway, but make a stop either way and you get the ball back. I take the shot on 4th there.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #106
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Twas super wrong. Keenum did well to get them in it at the end.

Last edited by dubb93 : 11-03-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #107
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Keenum is a gunslinger, man. Very Favre-esque out there.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #108
bhlloy
Coordinator

I just can't make any sense of what is a catch any more - having to control it all the way to the ground even 5 feet out and after you've controlled it for a couple seconds is nonsensical. Houston got very hard done by there.

And yah, punting it away in that situation and wasting the two minute warning as well was Wade Phillips all over. If you were going to punt, at least do a better job with the clock so you get the two minute warning and the two timeouts. Just awful clock management.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #109
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Wade Phillips cemented the opinion that he should never again be an NFL head coach. It was a tough position for him to be thrown into tonight, but blowing a 21-3 halftime lead probably didn't get him put on any short lists.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #110
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

It's amazing how many favorites struggled in the first half this week, only to turn it on and pull out the game in the second half.

KC down 10-3 at half, win 23-13
Dallas down 10-6 at half, win 27-23
Seattle down 21-7 at half, win 27-24
Indy down 21-3 at half, win 27-24
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #111
Radii
Head Coach

Insane stat from r/nfl on reddit:

For the fourth time this year, Tampa Bay has lost despite having a 95% probability of winning at some point in the game

Based on Advanced NFL Stats' probability charts.
Week 1 @ NYJ - 98% after NYJ spikes the ball at their own 45, TB up 17-15, 0:15 left in the fourth quarter
Week 2 NO - 99% after gaining a first down to NO 36, up 14-13, 2:36 left in the fourth quarter
Week 4 ARI - 95% after Arizona punts, TB up 10-3, 4:12 left in the fourth quarter.
Week 9 @ SEA - 96% after going up 21-0, 2:23 left in the first half.

Sorry, Tampa fans. :/
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #112
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
Wade Phillips cemented the opinion that he should never again be an NFL head coach. It was a tough position for him to be thrown into tonight, but blowing a 21-3 halftime lead probably didn't get him put on any short lists.

Absolutely. His coverage of TY Hilton was horrendous.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #113
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I did. And I'm still losing. To a team that didn't start a 2nd QB. I want to die.

My opponent did, and is going to beat me without even starting a 2nd WR.

Fuck you, Oakland.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #114
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Absolutely. His coverage of TY Hilton was horrendous.

britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #115
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Karl Dorrell was calling plays for Houston in the second half.

Now you know why Karl Dorrell is no longer at UCLA.

(Although he appears to be a heck of a nice guy, otherwise...)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #116
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Karl Dorrell was calling plays for Houston in the second half.

Now you know why Karl Dorrell is no longer at UCLA.

(Although he appears to be a heck of a nice guy, otherwise...)

I thought Rick Dennison was the offensive coordinator in Houston? Seems like he should have been the one calling plays in Kubiak's absence?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #117
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I thought Rick Dennison was the offensive coordinator in Houston? Seems like he should have been the one calling plays in Kubiak's absence?

I am relaying what I heard from the commentators on the radio. They said they were informed Karl Dorrell was calling plays in Kubiak's absence.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #118
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This is just flat-out awesome. 9-0 heading into the bye week with plenty of room to improve. Really, KC's season is all but set at this point. Even if they were to post a 4-3 record down the stretch, they'd be 13-3 and likely playing the worst division winner in the 4-5 game. If things go better and they can split with Denver, they've got a very good shot at winning the division.

The game at Denver is a total opportunity game. Win, and the division and first seed are looking great. Lose, and you still have the game at home to make things right. Not only that, but the coaching staff has two weeks to plan for it.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #119
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Right now the Bengals look likely to be the four seed. I'd MUCH rather they play the Chiefs than the Broncos.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #120
Desnudo
Coordinator

Joining list of Aaron Hernandez award winners for not understanding how mobile technology works.

Richie Incognito of Miami Dolphins used slurs in messages to Jonathan Martin - ESPN
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #121
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
This is just flat-out awesome. 9-0 heading into the bye week with plenty of room to improve. Really, KC's season is all but set at this point. Even if they were to post a 4-3 record down the stretch, they'd be 13-3 and likely playing the worst division winner in the 4-5 game. If things go better and they can split with Denver, they've got a very good shot at winning the division.

The game at Denver is a total opportunity game. Win, and the division and first seed are looking great. Lose, and you still have the game at home to make things right. Not only that, but the coaching staff has two weeks to plan for it.

They don't figure out how to get more than nine offensive points against an average defense, they'll be going home from the playoffs in the first-round.

Brady or Manning or Dalton may toss you a pick six, but they're also going to score more than seventeen points.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #122
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Joining list of Aaron Hernandez award winners for not understanding how mobile technology works.

Richie Incognito of Miami Dolphins used slurs in messages to Jonathan Martin - ESPN

I'm a Dolphins fan. If the locker room is this out-of-control, they need to fire both Philbin and Ireland. Incognito should've been released the moment the Dolphins heard those voice messages.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #123
Butter
Coordinator

Also saw the Deadspin report today that Incognito's father (or someone carefully impersonating him) is on a Dolphins message board trying to assassinate Martin's character. This shit just gets weirder and weirder.

Last edited by Butter : 11-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #124
miked
College Starter

I'm not sure what's going on, as the Dolphins say there has been nothing reported, but another article I read said the NFL/Dolphins were aware of some of this behavior during the spring.

Hazing is one thing, but forcing rookies to pay for $30,000 dinners and vacations is stupid and probably a reason most of these vets are broke.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #125
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:

KC has been a lot of smoke and mirrors to me. Their only win against a .500 team was 17-16 at home to Dallas. Their road games are Jax, Vick's Philly in week 3 under Kelly, Tennessee without Locker and Buffalo on their 4th QB. I could see them easily making 13-3 with this schedule, but I can't see them staying within 2 TDs of Denver in Denver.

It's been a nice story, but the combined record of their opponents is 27-49 and they've actually faced a *worse* version of those opponents as they've gone against backup QBs in most of their games. I need to see them beat a team with a pulse and this Denver game will be their chance.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #126
Arles
Grey Dog Software

BTW, small sidebar, if Washington beats Minnesota on Thursday night, they will be one game back of the division going into the weekend. That's crazy to me.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #127
nol
Banned

As always, PFTCommenter chimes in with the strongest take on the Miami situation.

Is Forcing Someone To Give You $15,000 Bullying? Richie Incognito Doesn't Think So. | Kissing Suzy Kolber
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #128
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Every minute Incognito is still a Dolphin they look worse
Everyone knows what's coming so the longer they wait the worse
It looks.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #129
gstelmack
Pro Starter

On KC, the beauty of this debate is we'll have a pretty good idea soon if they are paper tigers or the real deal. Unlike, say, the debate between Alabama/FSU/Oregon/Ohio State/Baylor.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #130
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
BTW, small sidebar, if Washington beats Minnesota on Thursday night, they will be one game back of the division going into the weekend. That's crazy to me.

If?

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #131
spleen1015
Coordinator

What word comes to mind when you read the list of teams below?

Jacksonville
Dallas
Philadelphia
New York Giants
Tennessee
Oakland
Houston
Cleveland
Buffalo
Old 11-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #132
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What word comes to mind when you read the list of teams below?

Jacksonville
Dallas
Philadelphia
New York Giants
Tennessee
Oakland
Houston
Cleveland
Buffalo

BETTERTHANPITTSBURGH
?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #133
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

a combined 2 super bowl titles in the last 15 years
Old 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #134
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

I am fully expecting WAS to rebound from another crappy start to take the division at 8-8. And the 980 callers and local media will be oh so easy to listen to.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #135
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I am fully expecting WAS to rebound from another crappy start to take the division at 8-8.

Its too bad Minnesota couldn't hang on to beat Dallas yesterday, I think if that had happened there would be a legit chance that 7-9 would be good enough.

Last edited by Radii : 11-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #136
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
KC has been a lot of smoke and mirrors to me. Their only win against a .500 team was 17-16 at home to Dallas. Their road games are Jax, Vick's Philly in week 3 under Kelly, Tennessee without Locker and Buffalo on their 4th QB. I could see them easily making 13-3 with this schedule, but I can't see them staying within 2 TDs of Denver in Denver.

It's been a nice story, but the combined record of their opponents is 27-49 and they've actually faced a *worse* version of those opponents as they've gone against backup QBs in most of their games. I need to see them beat a team with a pulse and this Denver game will be their chance.

The Denver team has been a 'nice story', but it's nothing to brag about. Their only win against a .500 team is a 3 point win against Dallas at home. The combined record of their opponents is 26-40. KC has outscored their opponents by 104 while Denver has outscored their opponents by 125, but Denver has a loss and KC does not. The only point I'd agree on is that I'd like to see Denver beat a team with a pulse and this KC game will be their chance.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #137
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Also saw the Deadspin report today that Incognito's father (or someone carefully impersonating him) is on a Dolphins message board trying to assassinate Martin's character. This shit just gets weirder and weirder.

Yeah, Incognito didn't think anyone would be able to detect his identity.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #138
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Every minute Incognito is still a Dolphin they look worse Everyone knows what's coming so the longer they wait the worse
It looks.

Eh, I think the legalities of collective bargaining/contracts/etc give the team adequate cover with regard to an immediate cut. Suspending him satisfies that portion of their responsibility for the time being IMO.

Now as to whether they enabled his alleged behavior, well, cutting him today (or yesterday for that matter) doesn't cover that.

edit to add: Noting here, just ftr, that I responded prior to seeing the latest accusations about the voice mails & texts and such. If there's physical evidence in hand, that could change the team's ability to react/respond.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-04-2013 at 03:32 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #139
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Dobson is starting to come around it looks like. I may be wrong about him.
Interesting how quickly things have flipped between him and Thompkins (healthy scratch this week, 14 snaps week before). That's always been where he should have been - as the outside receiver and big-play threat along the sideline where his inconsistency doesn't make or break the game. Being the primary receiver on a 4th and 4 or running slants over the middle is not really his skillset, so it really helps him to have Amendola and Gronk back drawing attention in the middle. Thompkins is more of an inside guy, so I haven't given up on him, but I don't expect to see much of him (more than 20-30 snaps in a game) the rest of this year unless Amendola/Edelman gets hurt.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #140
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
The Denver team has been a 'nice story', but it's nothing to brag about. Their only win against a .500 team is a 3 point win against Dallas at home. The combined record of their opponents is 26-40. KC has outscored their opponents by 104 while Denver has outscored their opponents by 125, but Denver has a loss and KC does not. The only point I'd agree on is that I'd like to see Denver beat a team with a pulse and this KC game will be their chance.
Actually, the Broncos beat Dallas on the road. If you think KC is better equipped to win right now than Denver, you should go to Vegas. I'm sure a ton of people would love to take your money. There's a reason Denver is 3-1 and KC is 12-1. KC isn't going to win anything in the playoffs with Alex Smith at QB. It's fine to put up 20ish points against teams with QBs named Tuel, Fitzpatrick, Campbell, Pryor and Keenum. But when you face Peyton, Andrew Luck and Brady - you will need more than the 300 yards of total offense KC has been averaging.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #141
TroyF
Coordinator

Lightbulb

Quote:

We have went through this before, and To me, the thing that separates Denver from KC is when the games are over. KC opponents have been within striking distance in the final three minutes in all but two of their games. Denver opponents have been finished with over 8 minutes left in the game all but twice.

While KC has had little injury trouble, Denver has had their top two defensive players out for most of the year. In the Dallas game, they played without 5 of their starting 11 defensive players in the second half. In the Colts game they played without their starting two offensive tackles. (And no, I'm not counting a Clady as one if them).

Luck WILL run out on the Chiefs. They were utterly dominated by the Bills this week, something that hasn't happened to Denver all year. Two defensive tds are nice, but that was against a bad football team. Let's see the Chiefs not only play someone, but let's see them have their first major injury and well talk about things. As it stands, I see them losing both games to Denver and San Diego.

If they beat the Donkies or Chargers, I will give them their due.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #142
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually, the Broncos beat Dallas on the road. If you think KC is better equipped to win right now than Denver, you should go to Vegas. I'm sure a ton of people would love to take your money. There's a reason Denver is 3-1 and KC is 12-1. KC isn't going to win anything in the playoffs with Alex Smith at QB. It's fine to put up 20ish points against teams with QBs named Tuel, Fitzpatrick, Campbell, Pryor and Keenum. But when you face Peyton, Andrew Luck and Brady - you will need more than the 300 yards of total offense KC has been averaging.

This is pretty much how I feel.

I love the Chiefs defense, but you can only ask it to do so much. The good teams are putting up mad points. In the Broncos only loss, they put up 33 points. Have the Chiefs put up 33 points in a game yet this year?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #143
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rogers hurt, looks like.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

watching without sound. Any speculation on Rodgers?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #145
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nothing yet.

Didn't look all that bad.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-04-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #146
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Looks like a shoulder injury. He threw a couple passes on the sidelines after it happened then they took him to the locker room.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #147
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That was an incredible throw and catch.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-04-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #148
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And left shoulder injury for Rodgers, return questionable.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #149
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Now Green Bay finds out how lucky they've been at the QB position over the last two decades.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #150
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
...KC isn't going to win anything in the playoffs with Alex Smith at QB...

While I wholeheartedly agree with your larger point, don't forget that the Alex Smith led 49ers were a muffed punt away from the Super Bowl back in 2011.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote