Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #101
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

He does have a slow delivery, so all the listeners will have adequate time to hear what he is saying.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #102
mckerney
Coordinator

Cleveland has no kicker, Oakland has 4 QBs and 2 punters, Goodell fix roster AI plz.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #103
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Cleveland has no kicker, Oakland has 4 QBs and 2 punters, Goodell fix roster AI plz.

Cleveland doesnt need one..They might not cross the 50 yard line until their opponents bye week
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #104
Danny
Head Coach

Considering the awful depth the Raiders have, they will probably cut a QB and P with some waiver claims. In general I expect they add 4-5 players and make a couple more cuts.

Last edited by Danny : 08-31-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #105
whomario
Pro Starter

Are the box scores misleading or have Keenum and Yates really been this good for Houston ? do they have a shot at starting somewhere down the road ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #106
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Yates probably could start now, IMO. He seems like a prime candidate to be dealt for picks at some point.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #107
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, I'll withdraw my thoughts about Atlanta/Tebow. I didn't realize until I saw a note in an article this morning that he's no longer practice squad eligible.
I have to think that makes it extremely unlikely he ends up with any NFL team this season.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #108
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Never fear, Cards fans! J'marcus Webb is now available! (And before anyone says he's not a guard...he's not really a tackle either).

Yaaaay, the Vikings claimed him.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #109
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Yates probably could start now, IMO. He seems like a prime candidate to be dealt for picks at some point.

TJ! One of my 2 favorite players from the 7 years I spent in Chapel Hill. (Gio Bernard's the other--remember the State game last year? )

ahem... Yates certainly has the making of a starting-caliber NFL quarterback, I think. If Schaub regresses for some reason, Houston could just roll the dice with Yates and see what happens. He's already done well when Schaub has been hurt in previous seasons.

Last edited by britrock88 : 09-01-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: to add substance
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #110
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Woohoo!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #111
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

I feel sorry for Vikings fans if he actually has to play.

He has a lot of physical talent, but I think the guy is just too nice. It's like he's afraid he's gong to hurt someone out there.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #112
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Detroit fans, any thoughts on Joe Fauria making the Lions? He was a terrific mismatch at UCLA with his size and terrific hands, and I was surprised he wasn't drafted. I heard he's making it difficult to cut him and that the Lions may end up cutting Scheffler instead of Fauria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
An update on this. Fauria had a pretty good game tonight. He did get hit with a chop block penalty, but he ended up with 3 catches for 44 yards and a touchdown. This was all in the second half with the first stringers were out, but it was a positive sign.

Also, the third string TE, Michael Williams, injured his hand. Not sure how serious.

Fauria ended up making the team. The Lions put Williams on IR for the year and kept three tight ends: Pettigrew, Scheffler and Fauria.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #113
Danny
Head Coach

2007 QB Draft Class

Jamarcus Russell, LSU, Jr.
Brady Quinn, Notre Dame
Trent Edwards, Stanford
Drew Stanton, Michigan St.
Troy Smith, Ohio St.
Chris Leak, Florida
John Beck, BYU
Kevin Kolb, Houston
Jordan Palmer, UTEP
Tyler Palko, Pitt
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Fauria ended up making the team. The Lions put Williams on IR for the year and kept three tight ends: Pettigrew, Scheffler and Fauria.

Yes, I saw that. That's terrific. He will probably hardly play, but I hope he gets a chance. If scheffler is on the roster to catch passes (and I believe he is), I think Fauria can be just as good doing that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #115
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yes, I saw that. That's terrific. He will probably hardly play, but I hope he gets a chance. If scheffler is on the roster to catch passes (and I believe he is), I think Fauria can be just as good doing that.

Schefler has the ability to make some spectacular catches, but disappears for long stretches. Given Fauria's size, I think the Lions would love to look for him in the red zone. Given Stafford's accuracy issues, it never hurts to have his receivers to have as much range as possible.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #116
Radii
Head Coach

http://whatshotdjroomba.minus.com/uploads

Game of Thrones style backgrounds for every NFL team.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #117
molson
General Manager

I was thinking about this thread where we were debating whether the NFL would be able to continue to exist after the implementation of the running back crown of the helmet rule. Was this penalty even called once in the preseason?

NFL Football, we hardy knew ye - Front Office Football Central

Last edited by molson : 09-04-2013 at 07:06 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #118
samifan24
Pro Starter

Is there a FOFC NFL pick 'em game on Yahoo this year? I know I've participated in a league here in years past.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Made a Survival Fantasy League - Front Office Football Central
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #120
samifan24
Pro Starter

Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #121
Thomkal
Head Coach