Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #101
bob
College Starter

Ok, this made me laugh (Sorry Jon).

Missouri 51, Tennessee 48 (4OT). What do you do when you’ve got a little less than a minute to play in the fourth quarter, a tie game, two timeouts and Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson and Mychal Rivera on offense? If you answered “run the clock out, sillypants!” you win an officially licensed Tennessee football that deflates into the shape of a sad clown’s mouth.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #102
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So who's next undefeated to go down?

This would have made an interesting playoff season. Top 4? Oregon. KSU. Notre dame. Then bama again?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
On a cold snowy night in CO, it warms my heart and soul to see Saban lose. Don't get to see it often, but when it happens, I savor it.

Loved seeing it too.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #104
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
No way. He's shorter then Russel Wilson.

He's listed as 6'1" -- Russell is less than 5'11".
Old 11-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #105
cuervo72
Head Coach

He struck me as being pretty small.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #106
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
So who's next undefeated to go down?

This would have made an interesting playoff season. Top 4? Oregon. KSU. Notre dame. Then bama again?

The SEC Champion, either Georgia (#5 coming into today) or Alabama (probably dropping to #4 after this week). So probably Alabama.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #107
cuervo72
Head Coach

Romanowski still seems well-adjusted.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #108
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

Missouri 51, Tennessee 48 (4OT). What do you do when you’ve got a little less than a minute to play in the fourth quarter, a tie game, two timeouts and Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson and Mychal Rivera on offense? If you answered “run the clock out, sillypants!” you win an officially licensed Tennessee football that deflates into the shape of a sad clown’s mouth.

No worries about the laughter. I've been making fun of the gutless useless sack of shit coaching staff for quite a while now.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #109
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

From the Teams That Are Pretty Much Irrelevant These Days file:

The Vols became the first team in SEC history to allow 38 or more points in six consecutive games.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #110
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

Two conference wins and keeping Florida within one touchdown?

I think that eclipses my expectations for Missouri's first year in the conference, as completely depressing as I know that sounds.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #111
MrBug708
Head Coach

Good riddance to WSU
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #112
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Shucks.

Stay classy. Like your coach.

Gonna enjoy OSU beating the ever-living shit out of your team.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #113
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

He didn't run up shit last year. He threw one pass in the second half of both games. Indiana just stinks man.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #114
lungs
Pro Rookie

Kodos, as much as I dislike Bielema, what's he supposed to do, take a knee the whole second half? Good grief, it's not my problem that the third and fourth string steamrolls over IUs defense.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #115
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Osu won't steamroll the badgers at camp Randall. The badgers have lost three games this year by a combined 9 points.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #116
Kodos
Resident Alien

IU has lost a lot of close games this season too. This was the first blowout. IU's biggest weakness is run defense, so this was a bad matchup for us.

IU's final score against OSU will be a lot closer than Wisconsin's (assuming Braxton Miller is playing and healthy).

Last edited by Kodos : 11-11-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #117
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

OSU is severely overrated this year. I'm hoping Wisconsin wins big but I do think it will be a close one with the Badgers hopefully eking one out. With the Badgers losing Stave just killed any sort of honesty a defense will give Wisconsin here on out.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #118
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here's an idea. Have more than one QB who can pass on your team. But way to build in an excuse for your inevitable loss.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #119
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal Carolina is somehow still alive for a playoff spot in the Big South after Liberty upset Stony Brook yesterday while CCU crushed Presbyterian. Liberty, Stony Brook, and Coastal are in a three way tie and if it remains that way after a Coastal and Liberty win next week (Stony Brook is done playing), the Chants get the Big South playoff spot.

That would be quite the story with Business CEO turned Head Football Coach Joe Moglia at the helm in his first season. But they have a potential land mine in the traditional last game of the season against rival Charleston Southern. CSU knocked the Chants out of the playoffs before, and with a much better Coastal team than this one. And Liberty has to beat VMI to preserve the three way tie, or Stony Brook gets the spot due to head to head with Coastal.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #120
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Jesus kodos. Relax.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #121
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
From the Teams That Are Pretty Much Irrelevant These Days file:
UMass won its first FBS game ever, and then proceeded to embarrass everyone involved by giving the coach a gatorade bath after beating 1-9 Akron.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #122
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
UMass won its first FBS game ever, and then proceeded to embarrass everyone involved by giving the coach a gatorade bath after beating 1-9 Akron.

There wasn't even an ESPN upset alert on it.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #123
molson
General Manager

Well that was kind of fun - Syracuse rewarded its shrinking fan base's persistence and continuing willingness to watch them fumble and commit silly penalties week after week with a total beat-down of #9 Louisville. Ya, Louisville probably shouldn't have been ranked that high, but whatever, it's officially a win against a top-10 team. If the Cuse can manage to beat either Missouri or Temple they'll end up in the Pinstripe Bowl. I think they're going to end up in that bowl every year they're bowl eligible.

Last edited by molson : 11-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #124
TroyF
Coordinator

I just watched the Tuberville thing, doesn't he have to be fired for that? I understand it's football and sports, but a full fledged slap (no, I don't buy his excuse) on an employee? this has lawsuit all over it. Call me part of the nanny state, but taht just wasn't acceptable under any circumstance.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #125
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I just watched the Tuberville thing, doesn't he have to be fired for that? I understand it's football and sports, but a full fledged slap (no, I don't buy his excuse) on an employee? this has lawsuit all over it. Call me part of the nanny state, but taht just wasn't acceptable under any circumstance.

His excuse was so lame, I think they do need to dump him. I'm guessing a suspension that leads to a firing is what we will see.
Swaggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #126
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Here's an idea. Have more than one QB who can pass on your team. But way to build in an excuse for your inevitable loss.

As a Maryland fan, I would suggest having at least 5 quarterbacks on the roster who can pass.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #127
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Badgers lost Budmyer, Stave, Houston to injuries and O'Brien unfortunately can't cut it. Two of those could have helped this year, but I'm not sure any team could win consistently with their backups to the backup but we just slaughtered your weak ass team with said backup.

Last edited by mauchow : 11-12-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #128
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Well that was kind of fun - Syracuse rewarded its shrinking fan base's persistence and continuing willingness to watch them fumble and commit silly penalties week after week with a total beat-down of #9 Louisville. Ya, Louisville probably shouldn't have been ranked that high, but whatever, it's officially a win against a top-10 team. If the Cuse can manage to beat either Missouri or Temple they'll end up in the Pinstripe Bowl. I think they're going to end up in that bowl every year they're bowl eligible.

Yeah I have to admit with my low knowledge of the Big East and Syracuse I had this marked down as a pretty certain win at the beginning of the year on Mizzou's schedule but it looks like it is going to be a good game now.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #129
Swaggs
Coordinator

Doug Marrone is a really good coach (and apparently a really likable guy). I just think Syracuse is in a tough spot, despite their tradition and the quality of the school, because they are so geographically isolated and do not have much a recruiting base to draw from. Maybe the increased funds from the ACC will allow them to expand their recruiting base. I think he could probably do good things at a school that could attract more talent, but he is very loyal to Syracuse (and good for him and them for it).
Swaggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #130
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So after Mizzou beat Kentucky, they had a Caged the Cats t-shirt made up. This time, will it be Paid the Volunteers?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #131
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So after Mizzou beat Kentucky, they had a Caged the Cats t-shirt made up. This time, will it be Paid the Volunteers?

The funny part is that someone actually was fired for that shirt debacle. It wasn't on sale long either.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #132
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Doug Marrone is a really good coach (and apparently a really likable guy). I just think Syracuse is in a tough spot, despite their tradition and the quality of the school, because they are so geographically isolated and do not have much a recruiting base to draw from. Maybe the increased funds from the ACC will allow them to expand their recruiting base. I think he could probably do good things at a school that could attract more talent, but he is very loyal to Syracuse (and good for him and them for it).

Ya, they used to have something of a geographic advantage being the only major college football program northeast of Penn St. Not that the northeast was ever a hotbed of football talent, but owning that region kept them competitive. It's probably less of an advantage now with the improvement of Rutgers, occasionally Boston College, and even UConn. I don't think you can have a national championship program in Central NY, but you can still have a relevant one and I haven't given up hope that Marrone can do that. They were looking pretty good last year until they crapped the bed at the end,
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #133
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
There wasn't even an ESPN upset alert on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
As a Maryland fan, I would suggest having at least 5 quarterbacks on the roster who can pass.

IF all 3 undefeated teams win out, can we put the "Notre Dame gets a competitive advantage from the media" to rest? They'll be undefeated and out of the title game in favor of Kansas State and an Oregon team with a weaker schedule, while having the highest computer average.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #134
britrock88
Pro Starter

Remember that the BCS computer rankings aren't allowed to account for margin of victory, though. So ND's overtime thriller of a win against Pitt counts as a win in the same way that Oregon's 77-7 thrashing of some unfortunate Pac-12 team counts as a win. Factor margin of victory into the discussion and Notre Dame drops behind Oregon and K-State again. (And guess who is #1 by that measure? ... Alabama. )
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #135
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Badgers lost Budmyer, Stave, Houston to injuries and O'Brien unfortunately can't cut it. Two of those could have helped this year, but I'm not sure any team could win consistently with their backups to the backup but we just slaughtered your weak ass team with said backup.

Congratulations. We also were without our starting QB (Roberson). Your team's biggest strength matched up with our team's biggest weakness (run D). Way to crow about your team being better than one of the historic doormats of college football. Yay for you. Enjoy your loss this weekend. I will.

Coach Wilson has things heading in the right direction. We're certainly not where we want to be yet.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #136
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

IF all 3 undefeated teams win out, can we put the "Notre Dame gets a competitive advantage from the media" to rest? They'll be undefeated and out of the title game in favor of Kansas State and an Oregon team with a weaker schedule, while having the highest computer average.

You should be upset at Bill Snyder. He's the reason you guys could miss the title game.

That said, I dont think Notre Dame beats USC so it likely won't matter
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #137
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Alright, which FOFC poster is this??????? The first minute or two starts slow, but the last four minutes are golden.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #138
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Remember that the BCS computer rankings aren't allowed to account for margin of victory, though. So ND's overtime thriller of a win against Pitt counts as a win in the same way that Oregon's 77-7 thrashing of some unfortunate Pac-12 team counts as a win. Factor margin of victory into the discussion and Notre Dame drops behind Oregon and K-State again. (And guess who is #1 by that measure? ... Alabama. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
You should be upset at Bill Snyder. He's the reason you guys could miss the title game.

That said, I dont think Notre Dame beats USC so it likely won't matter
I'm not upset about it at all - I'd probably take Oregon and K-State straight up too (although the 17 point win at Oklahoma would give me pause). I just find it amusing that it comes when so many people say that the voters overrate ND every time.

I also agree it probably won't matter - ND/Wake Forest is the only thing close to a certain win left for the 3 teams. Somewhere between K-State @ Baylor/vs. Texas, Oregon vs. Stanford/@ Oregon St./USC rematch and ND @ USC we'll probably see at least one team lose, if not 2, which would give the Alabama/Georgia winner a spot.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 11-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #139
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not upset about it at all - I'd probably take Oregon and K-State straight up too (although the 17 point win at Oklahoma would give me pause). I just find it amusing that it comes when so many people say that the voters overrate ND every time.

I also agree it probably won't matter - ND/Wake Forest is the only thing close to a certain win left for the 3 teams. Somewhere between K-State @ Baylor/vs. Texas, Oregon vs. Stanford/@ Oregon St./USC rematch and ND @ USC we'll probably see at least one team lose, if not 2, which would give the Alabama/Georgia winner a spot.

Wait a sec, let's not be presuming that just yet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #140
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I don't understand what is the new playoffs system and the role of the Gang of Five based on the recent agreement. Can someone clarify?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #141
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If this actually happens, it ought to disqualify the ACC from ever having a guaranteed bid to anything again.

Georgia Tech as Coastal champion? Yep, it could happen | Mark Bradley

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote