Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #101
Icy
Pro Starter

Bought it, played The Show and FIFA a bit and then have not touched it for at least 5 months.

I had big hopes of it becoming a mini Ps3 for sport games, but so far what all the companies do is to update past year games with new rosters. Neither FIFA or Madden have current year features, maybe The show is the only exception.

Also it was announced that you could move your sport games from PS3 to Vita any time ton continue your saves, but it doesn't work (the show) or it's just not an option (EA).

Really disappointed specially at EA. Past year FIFA was rushed so they just took FIFA 11 and ported it with new rosters. For this year they said it would be exactly like the PS3 version, but they just took again the FIFA 11 engine, that is two years old already, and replaced the rosters again, when they had a full year to develop it.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #102
SegRat
High School Varsity

I sold mine.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #103
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Once they start to drop in price, I'll probably grab one. I got a PSP a year or so ago and have enjoyed quite a few games on it. But, man, the limited battery life and load times are just brutal when you stand it up next to something from Nintendo. It sounds like those were fixed in the Vita and I'm sure it looks gorgeous. Just not $280 gorgeous and I'd want the 3G version. Plus, the games I'd want haven't dropped in price at all yet so I can wait.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-17-2012 at 08:55 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #104
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Once they start to drop in price, I'll probably grab one. I got a PSP a year or so ago and have enjoyed quite a few games on it. But, man, the limited battery life and load times are just brutal when you stand it up next to something from Nintendo. It sounds like those were fixed in the Vita and I'm sure it looks gorgeous. Just not $280 gorgeous and I'd want the 3G version. Plus, the games I'd want haven't dropped in price at all yet so I can wait.

SI

Yeah, but once you compare the battery life on the 3DS to the Vita, there just isn't that great a difference. Can be on load times (MLB the Show takes surprisingly long on Vita), but hasn't been much of a difference that I've seen in the other games I've played.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #105
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, but the "already have the 3DS in hand and prefer Nintendo games" trumps shelling out $280 plus a lack of drops in games I want to play for the Vita.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #106
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Picked up my daughter a Vita from cowboom (grade 5 condition) for 119 $ and it was nearly perfect. My daughter won't let me use it though, lol. If they ever get sane about the memory cards, I may grab one. Neat little device that is probably been hindered by Sony being Sony.

Last edited by stevew : 03-21-2013 at 10:52 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #107
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Picked up my daughter a Vita from cowboom (grade 5) for 119 $ and it was nearly perfect. My daughter won't let me use it though, lol. If they ever get sane about the memory cards, I may grab one. Neat little device that is probably been hindered by Sony being Sony.

One thing I'm really happy with is that they're going to continue to integrate it with the new PS4. Really like that you can buy a PSN game and they give you the Vita version at no cost. The cross game saves in The Show are also really nice.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #108
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

So I'm bumping this. I think over my "Christmas break," in addition to finish reading 2 books and read 1 more book, I'm going to break out my launch Vita. I know that there are a lot of decent games that came out this year, at least on PSN. I'm big on RPGs and platformer-type games, and games that require the touch input (front or rear screen) will drive me nuts.

Any thoughts on games I shouldn't miss?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #109
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
So I'm bumping this. I think over my "Christmas break," in addition to finish reading 2 books and read 1 more book, I'm going to break out my launch Vita. I know that there are a lot of decent games that came out this year, at least on PSN. I'm big on RPGs and platformer-type games, and games that require the touch input (front or rear screen) will drive me nuts.

Any thoughts on games I shouldn't miss?

/tk

Persona 4
Dragon's Crown
Soul Sacrifice

Pretty sure that Soul Sacrifice is even still free if you're a PS+ member.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #110
oykib
College Starter

Lumines: Electronic Symphony is really good. It can also be found for $10 or so if you look for a deal. I hear Tearaway is a must too. I haven't tried it yet though. I second the endorsement of Persona 4 Golden. I'd also check out the PS and PSP games that available on the PSN.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #111
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I can't do the Persona games. Maybe 4 is different, I think I grabbed 3 off PSN on PSP a few years ago...I like the RPG part but hate the high school sim part, especially the "find a job" and all that.

I have Tearaway ordered and hopefully soon to be delivered, it was on sale at Amazon recently. That's part of what's had me ressurect my Vita.

Any of you play the Dragon Fantasy II game? I played the original on iOS and the devs were really nice when I met them at PAX East last year. I'll probably get it even if it's not so great, to support cool indie people.

/tk
Old 12-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #112
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Speaking of Tearaway, right now it's 17.99 at PSN store at least in the US: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...rch/q=tearaway

/tk
Old 12-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #113
SackAttack
Head Coach

tk - disgaea disgaea disgaea disgaea
Old 12-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #114
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Disgaea 3 on Vita is IMO the best version of any of the games, gameplay-wise, although Disgaea 1 on PSP has the best story.

Also Disgaea D2 on PS3 has since supplanted Disgaea 3 as 'the best version of any of the games' for me. Story is up there with Disgaea 1, but I'm not sure which I prefer. But all of the mechanics changes from D3Vita made the jump, so.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #115
SackAttack
Head Coach

Also holy shit Batman Origins Blackgate looks gorgeous on Vita
Old 11-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #116
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thought I'd revive this thread. There's so many good games for free on this system through the PS+ program. I just tried out Rainbow Moon last night. Really fun RPG with turn-based combat. This seems like it's right up terpkristen's alley.