Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #101
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Makes it even better that he went out as a total douche.

"You can give the idol to someone."

"I'm going to take it as a souvenier."
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #102
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Haven't watched the episode yet but all the constant updates makes me think something cool happened
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #103
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Well, I can't say that was a completely satisfying way for this prick to leave the game (had his appendix burst on camera, different story). Now he'll just brag about how unstoppable he would've been but for misfortune. On the other hand, we don't even have to put up with seeing him roll his eyes on the jury every week, so all in all, I'll take it.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #104
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

karmakarmakarmakarmakarma

halfway thru I was dreading another Russel-like season. Remember Russell's first season? When the OTHER Russell was evaced. THere was a commercial before the ep about someone leaving and you heard "Russell can you hear me?" I SOOOO hoped Hantz was leaving the game at that point. Not since then have I felt so happy for someone I thought was leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
This show is just stocked full of morons.

Tarzan is the poster child for why old people should get voted off first. What was his deal? He was being as nasty as Alicia and Colton. He enjoys people that are horrible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Makes it even better that he went out as a total douche.

"You can give the idol to someone."

"I'm going to take it as a souvenier."

I loved that. That meant Alicia doesn't get it. She of course immediately turned on him "Spoiled brat". Her and Tarzan are at this point the worst people to have an alliance with.

Really I totally am a big Christina fan now. She fricking saved that kid's life. If he was left in the middle of the woods, he might have died. The cameraman wouldn't have done a thing about it either.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #105
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yay! Jonas gets balls AND a brain! Pleasepleaseplease Leif! Start thinking for yourself! See that Jonas is a good ally and you should actually stay with him and Christina. Really it is odd what's going to happen now. The alliance of Kim-Alicia-Jay-Troyzan need to find a fifth IMMEDIATELY.

I love it that people are sick of Tarzan's BS. Their original alliance is down to 4 people that can't think for themselves. Jonas-Leif-Tarzan-Troyzan. That's totally weak and I think Troyzan is definitely going to stay with the girls. They MIGHT bring Mike in. They MIGHT bring um...Sabrina or JOnas in. Alicia is going to run back to the girls. I hope Christina spills the beans about her and the ousting of MOnica.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #106
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Well, I can't say that was a completely satisfying way for this prick to leave the game (had his appendix burst on camera, different story). Now he'll just brag about how unstoppable he would've been but for misfortune. On the other hand, we don't even have to put up with seeing him roll his eyes on the jury every week, so all in all, I'll take it.

This is why I wished he was voted out rather than taking a medical leave...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #107
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

How do they have a guy with nominal aphasia on the show when one of the most important parts of said show requires putting someone's name on a piece of paper? I'm waiting for the episode when Tarzan goes up and puts 'Victor' or 'Fiona' on his ballot.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #108
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Funny "in game" editing Survivor did last night. I just re-watched the episode and when Colton was laying on the ground he didn't have the idol around his neck. As the tribe members came to say their goodbyes he still didn't have the idol around his neck. When Probes asked Colton if he had any last words - Colton replied, "Idol is out of play" and the idol was around his neck

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #109
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Saw a "Secret Scene" from last night's episode wherein Colton and Alicia are privately mocking Christina with "slanty eyes" and laughing.

Colton is like an actual real-life flaming adult version of Cartman.

I hope Survivor casting has figured out that you can push the envelope too far and realize their mistake, but I doubt it.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #110
Suicane75
Coordinator

Didn't Jeff say at one point they were gonna get the Idol? Or maybe he just asked about the idol. I dunno. In any event, I'm surprised that when they showed up to tribal and saw the Colton was gone, nobody from the other team asked who beat the crap out of him.

The reason it's hard for me to enjoy this season is not just Colton, but that nobody has stood up to him, and worse, they seem to be making excuses for or following him blindly. They've all seen the way he treats people and not one of those fuckers stood up to him. No matter what happens from this point out, they wont redeem themselves to me.

I guess my rooting interests are down to the asian or the black girl but not so much so that I'm excited to watch or root for them. I kind of wish they would all get appendicitis actually.

And for fans of Survivor who are glad the asshole is gone, enjoy the rest of the season, cause I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts he's back next year in some sort of blank vs blank or specialty game.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 03-22-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #111
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
The reason it's hard for me to enjoy this season is not just Colton, but that nobody has stood up to him, and worse, they seem to be making excuses for or following him blindly.

Totally agree. At some point, even a million dollar prize isn't worth letting that behavior go on without standing up to it. If it costs you the game, fine. Unacceptable.

Quote:
And for fans of Survivor who are glad the asshole is gone, enjoy the rest of the season, cause I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts he's back next year in some sort of blank vs blank or specialty game.

It's a stone cold lock. I envision Colton's tearful remorse at the reunion show, which will actually be calculated to ensure casting on a future season for a "redemption arc."

As has been noted several times on Rob Cesternino's podcast, this is exactly the sort of thing Russell needs to make a serious run at it in a future season. A few seasons need to go by, another few notorious assholes pass through the game, and you put the Coltons of the world on a tribe with Russell and suddenly nobody's going to even be paying attention to Russell.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #112
korme
Go Reds

So glad they merged. It's going to make this season interesting. Lots of things up in the air, huge crowd of individuals now.

My only fear is Colton comes back on the next Survivor returning players season
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #113
Suicane75
Coordinator

I doubt he'll even be remorseful, he'll just go on and on about how he would have won. I don't think remorse is in his soul.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm probably in the minority but I don't think they would have Colton back given the backlash about him.

Even is he does come back in a reuinon show I think people who have played before won't put up with him and he would be gone quickly.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #115
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm probably in the minority but I don't think they would have Colton back given the backlash about him.

Even is he does come back in a reuinon show I think people who have played before won't put up with him and he would be gone quickly.

Agreed 100%

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #116
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't think remorse is in his soul.

Oh, it's not. I just think he might fake it, as a strategy for landing his vile racist ass on a future season.

The little troll knows his Survivor, you have to give him that. I think he uses the reunion show strategically. Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #117
Thomkal
Head Coach

That was my favorite episode of the season because it got rid of that worm. He'll definitely be back at some point because Survivor won't be able to resist it.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #118
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
How do they have a guy with nominal aphasia on the show when one of the most important parts of said show requires putting someone's name on a piece of paper? I'm waiting for the episode when Tarzan goes up and puts 'Victor' or 'Fiona' on his ballot.

Francsquesca!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #119
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Funny "in game" editing Survivor did last night. I just re-watched the episode and when Colton was laying on the ground he didn't have the idol around his neck. As the tribe members came to say their goodbyes he still didn't have the idol around his neck. When Probes asked Colton if he had any last words - Colton replied, "Idol is out of play" and the idol was around his neck

Speaking of editing. When Christina was rubbing his temples during his headache/stomache ache, he was giving voxpops in a clean green shirt somewhere in the jugnle and he looked chipper as could be. And again when he was on the ground they intercut with talking heads of him. Makes me think that ALL of those were filmed in LA on a "Jungle" set. And thus makes me wonder if half of the show is actually filmed here and not there.

Quote:
As has been noted several times on Rob Cesternino's podcast, this is exactly the sort of thing Russell needs to make a serious run at it in a future season. A few seasons need to go by, another few notorious assholes pass through the game, and you put the Coltons of the world on a tribe with Russell and suddenly nobody's going to even be paying attention to Russell.

I noticed something on Rob's blog about Kim's alliance. He said it was a 5-way of Kim-Chelsea-Jay-Troyzan, and SABRINA! I don't recall Sab being brought into it. Did I miss something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
So glad they merged. It's going to make this season interesting. Lots of things up in the air, huge crowd of individuals now.

My only fear is Colton comes back on the next Survivor returning players season

Wow a split, then a merge at the top 12. That certainly IS a twist and I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner. Like it a lot. For sure makes the ousting of Bill an even stupider move.

I'm thinking back before the split. Alicia was going to possibly be voted off by her own alliance for her attitude. Jonas already doesn't like her and obviously Christina doesn't either. 'm just really hoping that she becomes a man without a planet. Obviously she won't stop badmouthing people and lying about them. Just hate it when people make this game that personal. Tarzan is also starting to do that. Talking badly about someone just because they aren't in your alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I totally agree. They haven't really ever invited someone back that left that early, especially if they left for medical reasons. Mike Skupin (season 2 falling in the fire), Ed (intestinal blockage season ?), Jonathan (Fans vs Favs, hole in leg...well that was already an allstar show), The "Other Russell" (Exhaustion and passing out) Is that it? Didn't someone break a bone at one point?
Oh yeah...ha...this season!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #120
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Speaking of editing. When Christina was rubbing his temples during his headache/stomache ache, he was giving voxpops in a clean green shirt somewhere in the jugnle and he looked chipper as could be. And again when he was on the ground they intercut with talking heads of him. Makes me think that ALL of those were filmed in LA on a "Jungle" set. And thus makes me wonder if half of the show is actually filmed here and not there.

yeah, this raised a huge flag in my mind as well. he also looked like he had lost some weight and gotten more tan in those pics.

there's no chance they allowed him back into the game. right? right?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #121
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
there's no chance they allowed him back into the game. right? right?

His appendix burst so that means he's out for 2 weeks at least.
So no way he can come back.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #123
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I'm pretty sure they did not confirm that his appendix burst
Old 03-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #124
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they did not confirm that his appendix burst

sorry I thought someone said that it happened. Even if it didn't though. He's out a week at least then. THey wouldn't bring back anyone who was eating food and resting outside the game.

And did you see when he was talking about Christine helping him, that he was STILL badmouthing her. Not even thanking her in the least bit.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #125
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

He's not coming back.

It all makes sense for why he was the "main character" the past few weeks. I was hoping for blindside but I'll take this.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #126
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Fun article here: (various things we've been talking about are also pondered)

Deus ex appendix: Colton's body deprives Survivor of a worthy exit for One World's villain + reality blurred
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #127
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Should I feel bad for yelling "Burst! Burst! Before the helicopter gets there, dammit, burst!"?

Because I don't.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #128
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Colton is possibly the most evil character ever in Survivor. Even Johnny Fairplay kept most of his evilness off camera.

I'm sad to see him go as well because I really wanted to see him get voted out.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #129
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Easily. Johnny Fairplay was evil in a wrestling heel kind of way (fitting). Russel was evil in a manipulating kind of way. Colton was evil in a spawn of Hitler kind of way.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #130
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The all-star version of Johnny Fairplay was arguably worse than Colton, but he was out after one episode.

If they bring back Colton for a season a la Hantz/Ozzie/etc I'm not watching. Couldn't handle it.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #131
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
The all-star version of Johnny Fairplay was arguably worse than Colton, but he was out after one episode.

I don't remember much from that season. I can't see how it could have been much worse that Colton short of organizing a lynching or burning a cross in front of the camp.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #132
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't remember much from that season. I can't see how it could have been much worse that Colton short of organizing a lynching or burning a cross in front of the camp.
He was basically trying to play a pro wrestling character. It was unwatchable.

Imagine if Colton was invited back, and before going he decided "You know what, I think I was too subtle last time around".
Old 03-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #133
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
sorry I thought someone said that it happened. Even if it didn't though. He's out a week at least then. THey wouldn't bring back anyone who was eating food and resting outside the game.

And did you see when he was talking about Christine helping him, that he was STILL badmouthing her. Not even thanking her in the least bit.

which actually explains the interview stuff. He took a few days to recover, then they took him out into the jungle to film a couple of interview scenes before sending him back to whatever rock he crawled out from under.

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 03-22-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #134
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Fairplay wasn't evil. He was an annoying little shit and the first person to play a winning-quality game that I was rooting hard against. But not evil. And I actually found the grandma lie to be inspired strategy, if clumsily executed.

Colton is an absolute sub-human abomination. Like Maple Leafs I was pretty much rooting for a burst. I don't even feel slightly bad about that. Anybody who flinches, go watch his slanty eyes video at CBS.

I'd actually say the closest comparison to Colton is Corinne from Gabon. Stylistically, they're similar, but he is much worse.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 03-22-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #135
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the part that frustrates me about Colton was that he had absolutely NO strategy but touted himself as some mastermind. if there were even a handful of competent players, he would have been gone weeks ago
Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #136
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the part that frustrates me "the most" I should have said.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #137
kingfc22
Head Coach

So glad that jackass is gone. Too bad he didn't pass out and fall into the fire. That would have been some great irony there following his diatribe towards Christina.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #138
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

which actually explains the interview stuff. He took a few days to recover, then they took him out into the jungle to film a couple of interview scenes before sending him back to whatever rock he crawled out from under.

That article is pure nonsense. Not necessarily about the medical stuff but everything else.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #139
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Fairplay wasn't evil. He was an annoying little shit and the first person to play a winning-quality game that I was rooting hard against. But not evil. And I actually found the grandma lie to be inspired strategy, if clumsily executed.

Colton is an absolute sub-human abomination. Like Maple Leafs I was pretty much rooting for a burst. I don't even feel slightly bad about that. Anybody who flinches, go watch his slanty eyes video at CBS.

I'd actually say the closest comparison to Colton is Corinne from Gabon. Stylistically, they're similar, but he is much worse.

Quote:

Fairplay's Allstar appearance was absolutely boring. Pfff! He wasn't evil at all. That was the problem. He actually told the others in camp and in tribal to go ahead and vote him off because he didn't care about the game anymore since he and his wife just had a baby. I thought it might be some kind of weird scheme but no...they all voted him off and he was happy to go. Just like that. So boring in fact was his appearance that Burnett hasn't brought him back since especially for the "Heroes vs villains" season.

As far as his first appearance....really I d id not find him evil at all. In fact he was one of the few people that season to actually be PLAYING. I found Rupert so boring and childish yet everyone loved him. It was actually cool that he managed to vote him off. Yeah I do agree that he was kind of playing a character. More cartoony than evil though. And the dead grandmother thing was classic. Not really evil or attacking people like Russell and Colton did.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #140
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Too bad he didn't pass out and fall into the fire. That would have been some great irony there following his diatribe towards Christina.

That would have been GREAT!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #141
Kodos
Resident Alien

Watched this tonight. Thank GOD he is gone!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #142
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
As far as his first appearance....really I d id not find him evil at all. In fact he was one of the few people that season to actually be PLAYING.

I agree with you 100% there. All of his evil moments were off camera, he was leading all the contestants to believe one thing, and then in his interviews he'd be laughing and letting us know that he was playing them all.

With Colton he was coming right out and telling that Billy guy or Christine right to their faces and all kinds of personal insults. He was a bully that would definitely have gotten it back really soon.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #143
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Didn't really see that coming. It's a shame. Another likable person off the show. Not sure what the heck Jay is talking about with that last decision. Getting a bit tired of him. I never realized how much Mike and Leif look alike until tribal council.

I'm almost thinking that Leif could go final 4 at this point.
There are so many more threats/dislakable people they want to vote off ahead of him.

They had no hope for a guys alliance anymore. Jay and MIke can't stand the rest. I have no idea why Troyzan was telling Jonas/Tarzan/Leif stuff. Perhaps leaving his options open. I dislike the idea of an all-girl thing.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #144
Atocep
Coordinator

Doesn't make sense to vote Jonas off there. I know there isn't a guys alliance, but the guys making the call there needed to realize they have to keep numbers in their favor. An all girls alliance is way too easy to pull off after sending Jonas home. Alicia should have been the one sent home tonight.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #145
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
the part that frustrates me about Colton was that he had absolutely NO strategy but touted himself as some mastermind. if there were even a handful of competent players, he would have been gone weeks ago

I agree with the last part, but disagree somewhat with the first part. Colton did get the immunity idol from Sabrina. He also manipulated his whole tribe into going into tribal council when they won. While I detest the sight of him, his bias towards others, and the general piece of shit that he is, I also have to say that from an unbiased point of view, he made shit happen that he wanted to happen. If that's not a mastermind (albeit with weak players), then I don't know what is.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #146
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Doesn't make sense to vote Jonas off there. I know there isn't a guys alliance, but the guys making the call there needed to realize they have to keep numbers in their favor. An all girls alliance is way too easy to pull off after sending Jonas home. Alicia should have been the one sent home tonight.

Concur, Alicia should have been gone. Course, Tarzan is getting on my nerves and feels like a loose cannon to me.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #147
Suicane75
Coordinator

Coltons manipulations get less impressive the more we see of these players without him. They are a sorry gaggle of geeks.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #148
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Coltons manipulations get less impressive the more we see of these players without him. They are a sorry gaggle of geeks.

Agree here. Coulton seemed to just have a lot of Charisma and the ability to make a decision and make up his mind and talk people forcefully into it. aka a bully.

He never had a master plan. If he did he wouldn't have been stupid enough to weaken the guys an extra member. Although he kept saying he was going to jump in with the girls during the merge but that never would have worked. A totally foolish idea.

It is sad that people aren't making good decisions even when they know what's happening. Christina definitely could have called Alicia out to Jonas AND Sabrina for jumping in with the guys and playing both sides. Alicia is still a broken record of getting rid of Christina when she really doesn't have an alliance. Tarzan is selfishly playing his own game. Somehow Coulton cast a spell on him to follow his orders even after his death in the game. He absolutely thinks the best of Coulton and ALicia, even when they are on the surface horrible people.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #149
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I disagree that Tarzan or Alicia would have been better targets this round. Neither of those younger guys on the stronger mixed tribe had any allegiance to the other guys (aside from maybe Troyzan). It made sense for those two to vote with the girls and vote off one of the stronger threats from the other alliance which in this case was Jonas. Tarzan and Alicia are both dead weight and not really threats.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote