Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #101
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Get in line

Sounds like he's pretty infatuated with some SEC schools right now, but he did just visit the UW and his parents apparently love the area.

Bama it is
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #102
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Bama it is
Yeah, not a shocker. UW can now focus exclusively on Troy Williams.

On Davis - I like any kid that knows how to use "synergy" in a sentence.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #103
MrBug708
Head Coach

Why Troy hasnt committed to Oregon, I dont know why. I wish UCLA would recruit him harder, but they seem to like Prinz and we wont take two guys
Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #104
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why Troy hasnt committed to Oregon, I dont know why. I wish UCLA would recruit him harder, but they seem to like Prinz and we wont take two guys
From what I've read, he's not even considering Oregon. Not sure he's got an offer from them.

Biggins seems to think it's a two-horse race between Washington & Arizona, with Washington holding a definite lead.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #105
MrBug708
Head Coach

He should go to Arizona. (No offense) Them missing out on Fuller was curious as he would have slotted right into the starting spot as they have no one to run that offense past Matt Scott and he's here for a year
Old 05-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #106
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Urban Meyer already working his magic......

Quote:
'Smith and alumni association CEO Archie Griffin, a former star running back for the Buckeyes, recorded a personalized video for football recruit Ezekiel Elliott for his official visit to Ohio State on March 31. Recruiting videos are prohibited by the NCAA. Elliott verbally committed to Ohio State as part of the 2013 recruiting class.'
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #107
Cuckoo
College Starter

Couple of days late on this, but OU got a commit from Cody Thomas, 4-star QB out of Colleyville, TX, one of the top pro-style QBs in the country that had offers from USC, Alabama, Florida and about 17 others. There's talk he could be a top pick in the baseball draft next season, but if not, it's a nice consolation for losing out on Max Browne. It would add to what is already a solid QB situation at OU after Landry Jones leaves.

Now if our wide receivers could just stop getting suspended...

Last edited by Cuckoo : 05-19-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #108
MrBug708
Head Coach

Cravens picked USC
Old 06-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #109
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

Ricky Seals-Jones, one of the top 10 recruits in the country, de-committed from Texas yesterday. A lot of rumor$ about why he's now considering A&M, LSU and Baylor on the message boards and Kirk Bohls, the Austin American Statesman sports columnist, gave a lot of 'no comments' in a chat this morning about why RSJ bolted. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cravens picked USC

Another 5 star. This class could end up with the highest average star rating ever.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

QB Anthony Jennings: LSU gets son of ex-UGA player | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Anthony Jennings, a 6-foot-2, 200-pounder from Marietta High School, picked LSU out of his final list of 10 schools, which also included Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Oregon, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. ... Jennings was one of the country’s most-heavily recruited quarterbacks with 39 scholarship offers. Jennings and UGA did not have much contact because the Bulldogs already had a QB commitment from Camden County’s Brice Ramsey.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC got a commitment for 2014 from Junior tackle Jordan Poland who is already 6 foot 8 and 335 pounds.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC got commit #9, WR Steven Mitchell. He is a 4 star from California who had over 20 offers including Oklahoma.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #114
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Washington picked up a big commitment from QB Troy Williams last Friday. He's a 4-star kid out of SoCal. Landing him takes a lot of the sting away from losing Max Browne to USC. Williams is probably a better fit for the UW right now since our OL is still mediocre (at best) - Williams is a lot more mobile than Browne.

Williams is also widely regarded as a very charismatic kid, and he should help Sark, Tosh & Co. in reeling in some more Cali kids. With Mitchell committing to the Trojans, that leaves Washington in a really good spot with Darrell Daniels & Demorea Stringfellow - both 6'3", big, highly-rated WR's. In fact, Biggins thinks Stringfellow is all but committed to the Huskies and is just waiting to publicly announce.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC got their 2nd huge linemen for the class of 2014 in 3 days as Toa Lobendauhn committed to USC. He is a 6'3 275 pound guard who had offers from multiple schools in the Pac-10. He was offered after he dominated the lineman skills camp at USC this past weekend.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #116
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA got a verbal from 4* LB from Oaks Christian, Cameron Judge
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #117
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Greyson, GA 3* DB David Kamara commits to Clemson tonight and agrees to not take anymore visits.

Now anyone who knows me knows I dont get excited much about recruiting especially a 3* CB...but Greyson has 3 D1 players entering their senior seaon. 3/4* borderline running back Wayne Gallman, 3* CD David kamara, and national consensus #1 overall Robert Nekmediche.

All 3 have played together since pop warner and are good friends. In fact David and Rovert actually lived together for 18 months a couple years ago due to some extenuating circumstances. All three have repeatedly said they dreamed of playing college ball together. At this point Gallman and Kamara are both commited to be Tigers....time will tell where big Robert ends up.

But I can definitely promise you this. At the time of his commitment David, Robert and Coach Swinney were in Coaches office together. Just the three of them. When they came out to announce it to the other coaches (this is Clemson's Junior camp week) Robert N had tears in his eyes....

This is a meh clas by our recent standards and we need a whale to anchor it....I hope that whale is Robert Nicantspellyourlastnamebutwetalkedfor45minutesearliertoday....
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #118
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

dola...i need to find that ping drunk guy thread
Old 06-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nkemdiche is a beast.

And at 6'4 270 he runs a 4.6. forty and had 528 yards and 17 touchdowns on 107 carries.

All-class player of the year: Grayson’s Nkemdiche stands out like few others | Prep Zone: High School Sports

edit to add: Best part about him is, according to a guy I know at Grayson, he's about as nice a kid as you'll ever find.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-14-2012 at 12:01 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #120
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I interviewed the young man on site yesterday for my buddy's website I help with. I was AMAZED. I would like to meet his parents, or whomever and shake their hand. Very, very respectful. Very polite. Very focused. Talked about the NFL and how his projection arc should put him there if he worked hard and got lucky, but also realized that he needed to get an education and picked a major that would translate into a job in case something happened.

He also is very advanced physically. He has a 25-26 year old body.
Yesterday evening we went to a dinner deal and the family joined me, one of Clemson's coaches and an old friend rode with us to the room (which was maybe 3 miles away from the stadium) when we brought him back I walked in with him because he had something for my son, we bumped into Robert again then and he acted like he and I were old friends and engaged my son. He got my son to get into a football stance, and actually was genuinely interested in him.

He's all class in my book, and I havent seen him play. I hope he is a Tiger just because he is the type of man I like associated with our program.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #121
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like a great kid.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #122
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Robert N just committed to coach Swinney and agrees to shut down his recruiting and take no further visits.

Marking Clemson's 3rdcommitt of the day.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 06-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #123
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Factoid (for those unfamiliar) Nkemdiche's HS head coach roomed and played football together at Alabama with Clemson coach Dabo Swinney.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #124
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Damn Jon...it sounded cooler without that factoid
Old 06-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #125
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Top prospect Robert Nkemdiche commits to Clemson Tigers - ESPN
Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #126
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Washington got a commitment last night from 4-star WR Darrell Daniels. He's up in Seattle on an unofficial visit. I'm sure Sark will have to work hard to keep him in the fold, but he's a big-time get, right out of the USC mold that Sark likes.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #127
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Clemson continues its awesome camp week landing IN 4* DE Elijah Daniel.
Has to be rare to pull a kid from IN who grew up a ND fan with a ND offer and get him to come to the south to an ACC school no less.
Daniel appears very fast on the hoof, he needs to add some strength and size to be an ideal every down DE on the next level
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #128
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA lands 4* OLB from WA, Myles Jack. He's the second highest ranked kid from the state after #1 QB Max Browne. While the kid isn't in trouble, I heard that it's best for him to get out of the state

Last edited by MrBug708 : 06-20-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #129
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
UCLA lands 4* OLB from WA, Myles Jack. He's the second highest ranked kid from the state after #1 QB Max Browne. While the kid isn't in trouble, I heard that it's best for him to get out of the state
Arguable about him being #2 in the state - strong cases could be made for Sean Constantine and Danny Mattingly too.

I've also heard some talk about him needing to get away from home, though it should be noted that he's only been in the state for the last two years and was originally from Georgia. I've also heard some talk that he has some work to do in the classroom to get qualified.

Sounds like he developed a really good relationship with Mora through Mora's son, a teammate of Jack's at Bellevue H.S.

Kid is a good-looking football player, would have liked to have seen him in purple & gold.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #130
MrBug708
Head Coach

Jake Worthen (spelling) said that the grades thing was an unfounded mb rumor, but I guess we will know in a few months
Old 06-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #131
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jake Worthen (spelling) said that the grades thing was an unfounded mb rumor, but I guess we will know in a few months
Yeah, on the Dawgman boards it's been a battle of sources between Worthen and Eklund regarding Jack's situation.

I was really hoping Sark could make a clean sweep of the in-state LB crew; he got Constantine, but missed on Jack, and Mattingly may be tough to get with Notre Dame being a childhood favorite and programs like Alabama offering.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #132
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA landed another 425er today in Zach LaVine, but in hoops. Now to recruit Cali better haha
Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #133
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Big day for Washington as seven 2013 prospects and one 2014 prospect committed today. All are in town for the UW's Rising Stars camp, and the 2013 guys all decided to announce together publicly during their lunch break. The list includes:

OLB/DE Caleb Tucker
RB Lavon Coleman
DT Elijah Qualls
DE Daeshon Hall
WR Demorea Stringfellow
OL Poasi Moala
DT Andrew Basham

Hall decommitted from Texas, and Stringfellow is generally considered one of the top 2-3 WR on the West Coast; Tucker is from Louisiana. All in all, an impressive group. Hopefully Sark can hang on to all of them through Signing Day...
Old 06-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #134
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Funny quote from a Bruin poster at Scout, about these UDub recruits:

All seven of them were quoted as saying "I grew up dreaming of playing in the Las Vegas Bowl for four straight years and I'm finally going to have that chance."

(Yes, I realize how silly that is coming from a supporter of a school which has sucked even more the past decade)

Seriously, though, great pickups for the Dawgs. It will be interesting to see if they are able to keep the out of staters.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #135
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Seriously, though, great pickups for the Dawgs. It will be interesting to see if they are able to keep the out of staters.
History would say no. Given the quotes from Moala from a few days ago about how his immediate family really wants him at UCLA, I'd guess he's especially going to be a tough one to hang on to. And if the kid from Louisiana blows up his Sr. season, would he turn down an offer from a high-level SEC program?

That said, this is evidence of the impact Tosh Lupoi, Justin Wilcox & Peter Sirmon are having in recruiting for Washington.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #136
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Robert N just committed to coach Swinney and agrees to shut down his recruiting and take no further visits.

Slight revision. Recruiting shut down if Clemson offers a scholarship to another Grayson teammate. Gotta love the bargaining.

CU, how are Mr. Nkemdiche's grades and scores? Will he have any issues with the clearinghouse?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #137
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Slight revision. Recruiting shut down if Clemson offers a scholarship to another Grayson teammate. Gotta love the bargaining.

CU, how are Mr. Nkemdiche's grades and scores? Will he have any issues with the clearinghouse?

What do you do if you're Swinney and you don't think Carter is worth a scholarship?

If you go ahead and offer Carter, you win the battle, but do you lose the war? What does this say about Nkemdiche and his own character issues? There are great players who never come close to greatness because they put themselves first.

I think if I were a Clemson fan, and this story is true, I'd want Swinney to pull the offer to Nkemdiche and use this to motivate the 84 scholarship players still with the program.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #138
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
What do you do if you're Swinney and you don't think Carter is worth a scholarship?

If you go ahead and offer Carter, you win the battle, but do you lose the war? What does this say about Nkemdiche and his own character issues? There are great players who never come close to greatness because they put themselves first.

I think if I were a Clemson fan, and this story is true, I'd want Swinney to pull the offer to Nkemdiche and use this to motivate the 84 scholarship players still with the program.

I agree with you that you can only offer the Carter kid if he would merit a scholarship on his own. With the 85 ship limit, you can't have many misses and can't take too many fliers on non-contributors--this is particularly true if Nkemdiche is as advertised and is only with the program for 3 years. The other kid is almost certainly a red shirt, so you have him for 5, unless you cut him loose, a tactic which brings its own recruiting issues.

I don't think I'd pull the offer to Nkemdiche, but at the same time, you can't capitulate.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #139
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I agree with you that you can only offer the Carter kid if he would merit a scholarship on his own. With the 85 ship limit, you can't have many misses and can't take too many fliers on non-contributors--this is particularly true if Nkemdiche is as advertised and is only with the program for 3 years. The other kid is almost certainly a red shirt, so you have him for 5, unless you cut him loose, a tactic which brings its own recruiting issues.

I don't think I'd pull the offer to Nkemdiche, but at the same time, you can't capitulate.

First, RN is a high 3.8+ guy and scored a 1100 SAT as a Junior....he will full qualify anywhere he wants to play....Ive said before I consider him to be a great kid and this story today which pisses me off doesn't change that.

Now all that said....Michael Carvel of the AJC who wrote this article may be the biggest piece of shit in American journalism...and thats saying something.

The interview was conducted with RN's defacto father in the room, a friend of mine who is a reporter has been in touch with RN and the father figure today. According to both the question was asked like this,

"So it looks like 3 Grayson seniors are going to Clemson and now news that last year's starting QB Nick Schuessler [BTW side note Schuessler's dad, is the aforementioned defacto father, RN has lived with the Schuesster's for 2 years) has left school and a scholarship to walk on at Clemson, it's going to be Grayson north there next year. Any other high school teammates you'd think have a chance at joining you at Clemson."

RN: Well the only other real candidate is my boy Ryan. Man if he could join us at Clemson it would be perfect. In fact if Clemson offers him I can promise I will shut it down I wont answer another phone call, reply to a text or even watch another team on TV. But thats up to the Clemson coaches and Ryan. But it would be great to play with him

Carvel: So that is something that could change your committment, if another school was to offer Ryan and wanted to take all 4 of the Grayson seniors.?

RN: Wow. Yeah I mean we would have to talk about that I know we would all like to play together.

Left out in all this is RB Wayne Gallman and DB Kamara committed to Clemson before RN, and each have said today they are firm and not interested in looking further. So essentially RN is only open to looking if an opportunity comes iup for all 5 to play somewhere together and thats not happening because the other 2 arent leaving. And his defacto parents biological son has enrolled at Clemson.

Clemson's entire coaching staff is on a 3 week vacation, but this will be shut down quickly by coach Con down at Grayson and I've heard he in fact has already had a meeting today with RN about the impact of his words being misrepresented.

Further I am told Carvel is no longer welcome on the HS campus.

Now RN is a kid and a good kid, I'm not 100% confident he doesnt start to look around, especially if Clemson stumbles this year, but this dirt bag's story is a fabrication.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #140
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Dola - Carter is a D2 fringe D1 guy. He would do well at Ga St or ECU. Hes good enough to play beyond HS but would ride the pine anywhere in the ACC....assuming he doesnt grow and such this year.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #141
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Double Dola - RN tweet tonight "Man I don't like ajc twisting up my words.. Go Tigers"
Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #142
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Wait, seriously? The college scholarship is the biggest piece of crap around, a one way contract for 4 years that the school (and I use that word lightly when referring to the SEC) can withdraw at any time. More power to the kid; why on earth is he not allowed to use leverage the way everyone else can? I'm with Staples here.

No. 1 Robert Nkemdiche leveraging Clemson scholarship - Andy Staples - SI.com
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #143
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

BTW one final piece....Carter has a 2.2 GPA with 2 incompletes he is attempting to improve in SS this summer. If not it goes sub mendoza...he isnt even scholly eligible most likely.

So if he were dirty Swinney would offer, accept the commitment and then after signing day apologize because young Ryan couldnt qualify.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC got commit #12 today from 4 star OL Khaliel Rodgers. He is a big nasty linemen who plays with toughness. There are reports that 3 more commits are going to announce in the next few weeks as well. Decent chance the class could be full before the season even starts.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #145
MrBug708
Head Coach

Nico Falah should be committing tomorrow to you guys.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nico Falah should be committing tomorrow to you guys.

Yep. Also, I expect 4 star (probably 5 star soon with his recent camp performances) CB Jalen Ramsey to commit to USC soon. Wouldn't be surprised if Max Redfield pulls the trigger soon too.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #147
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA should land Christian Morris, 4* OT from Tennessee, tomorrow. Nebraska is also in the running
Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #148
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Morris is UCLAs
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #149
bhlloy
Coordinator

Trojans gets Falah as expected but also get Eddie Vanderdoes which is an absolutely huge commitment and not expected at all. If this class sticks, it's an all-timer
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #150
MrBug708
Head Coach

Probably will end up USC's second best class of the past ten years