Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #101
wade moore
lolzcat

I will continue to stand by my thoughts that this is the most "genuine" of these competition shows - which will always make me enjoy it more than the others.

I think the fact that there's really not big money involved here - the biggest money is the 200k or whatever the winner gets - is a big factor in this.

And yes, Nigel seems to deal with people in the right way.

- Very few straight joke acts. When there are, he puts them in their place.

- A number of acts that are up there because of some sort of "issue". Cowell would mock these people. Nigel gives them their time, lets them down easy, and commends their bravery or something similar.

- A number of acts that are one-trick ponies. They are great at what they do, but it won't translate. He let's them have their 2 minutes in the sun, but is honest about them with relation to the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #102
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So this show annoyed me for the first time ion a while. The gay twins were mildly amusing at first, then quickly got irritating, then got to be way over the top. It dragged on way to long then when they said they were to old to audition anyway it seemed like ten really unnecessary minutes.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #103
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So this show annoyed me for the first time ion a while. The gay twins were mildly amusing at first, then quickly got irritating, then got to be way over the top. It dragged on way to long then when they said they were to old to audition anyway it seemed like ten really unnecessary minutes.

I read this prior to watching, but I thought it was a glorious ten minutes. They were hilarious.

I could see them getting annoying if they were actually on the show, though.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #104
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I read this prior to watching, but I thought it was a glorious ten minutes. They were hilarious.

I could see them getting annoying if they were actually on the show, though.

Yeah, I read this ahead of time and warned my wife as well.

After watching it, I didn't think it was that bad. I wouldn't go so far as to say hilarious for me, but I definitely chuckled a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote