Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #101
Terps
College Prospect

The tuners worked well in NHL. While we're limited in the number of sliders we can change, I remember reading with the tuners for NHL, they could change thousands of things on their end with the tuners.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:08 AM   #102
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Here's an example of a NHL Tuner.

Quote:
Here's an example of what one of the NHL tuner sets did, so you can judge for yourself how it may be applicable to NCAA:

###

All modes

-Poke check effectiveness increased
-Ease of tripping a player when poke check lowered
-Goalie tuning to prevent some exploit shots
-Shot accuracy increased

EASHL/OTP
-Puck control down decreased (still higher than pre-V1.03)
-Acceleration decreased
-Top skating speed increased
-Pass error decreased
-Pass speed increased

Versus
-Acceleration decreased slightly
-Puck control decreased (still higher than pre-V1.03)
-Deflections increased (same as EASHL/OTP now)

Offline (V1.03 only)
-Screen effect increased
-Range of acceleration slider increased. The lowest value is 25% lower than before the highest is the same.
-Deflections increased (same as EASHL/OTP now)

Highlights of the update include:
-Increased variation in goalie positioning
-Rebounds directed further to the side of the net
-Small reduction in goalie reaction times, top speed and acceleration
-Increase in screen effect on goalies (online only)
-Reduced post-whistle time (online only)
-Decreased effectiveness of the pass block (LB/L1) at taking the puck away
-Increased frequency of deflections (EASHL/OTP only)
-Prevent CPU defenders from being easily lured into hooking penalties in EASHL/OTP games
-Improved ability to intercept weak passes
-For EASHL/OTP, the range of the some of the attribute effects has been increased

###
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #103
Kodos
Resident Alien

NCAA 2011 is $39.99 today at Dell.

PS3:

ELECTRONIC ARTS PRE-ORDER NCAA Football 11 for PS3 - Releases 7/13/2010 : Gaming: Console | Dell

360:

ELECTRONIC ARTS PRE-ORDER NCAA Football 11 for Xbox 360 - Releases 7/13/2010 : Gaming: Console | Dell

Not sure how fast their shipping is, but figured I post this for bargain hunters.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-21-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #104
FF
Mascot

with something like this, will they ship it to be delivered on the day it comes out? or will i have to wait a week after to get it?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #105
Kodos
Resident Alien

Guys at OS who have ordered it said they got estimated delivery dates of 7/12 for the 360 version, and 7/9 for the PS3 version.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #106
FF
Mascot

yup, i just went ahead and ordered it and the confirmation email detailed the same thing
Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #107
Logan
Head Coach

Just got a 7/9 delivery date for 360.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #108
Kodos
Resident Alien

I decided to stick with my Amazon preorder, as the shipping is pretty pricey if you want it fast from the Dell offer.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #109
markprior22
High School Varsity

I pulled the trigger too. Seems way too good to be true and I'll probably regret it when the 13th rolls around. I hope not.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #110
Logan
Head Coach

My days of being consumed with having a game ASAP are over, unfortunately. As long as it gets here in a reasonable amount of time, it's worth it.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #111
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah...no way in hell I'm pre-ordering any game evar. I've seen too many games (sports and non) crash and burn with ridiculous bugs.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I read that Heisman was actually very playable at default this year, so I just gave it a try and I'm pleasantly surprised. I think they may have gotten rid of the attribute boosts. I just beat FSU with Florida 14-0 on Heisman and there weren't any bad moments in the game, and the computer did play smart with their run game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #113
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I read that Heisman was actually very playable at default this year, so I just gave it a try and I'm pleasantly surprised. I think they may have gotten rid of the attribute boosts. I just beat FSU with Florida 14-0 on Heisman and there weren't any bad moments in the game, and the computer did play smart with their run game.

I must suck, I had the opposite score but nothing bad happened. I do intend to slow down gameplay at least one notch, the demo is quite fast for me.

An impressive list of things they have fixed since the demo:
hxxp://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=DemoUpdates
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #114
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Great deal, kodos. I chose the free shipping option and it still said delivery for July 9. That sounds off but I'll take it for the price.

Funny item: Missouri WR Wes Kemp has been complaining all day on Twitter about the game rating him 75 for speed. "I run a 4.44, no 80-85 is not good, better than the 70s, this year you will see." Then he said his motivation is get EA to rate him 95 speed next year. Plus QB Blaine Gabbert said he boycotted '10 because they made him too slow.

Gold.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 06-21-2010 at 08:55 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #115
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

For those who liked teambuilder last year, the new site is up. Basically, it's exactly the same as it was last year.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #116
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I ordered the 360 version and it gave me an estimated delivery date of 7/9/2010.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #117
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks for the pre-order link. I, too, succumbed to temptation and pre-ordered, even though UNLV still doesn't have the names on the backs of the jerseys like they used to. I wonder if there's a way to change that in the game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 AM   #118
whomario
Pro Starter

As far as i can see no delivery outside the US (and german dell doesn´t have it)
So if anyone come across an offer that ships to europe

new blog with some good adjustments from demo to retail :

Updates from the NCAA Football 11 Demo : NCAA Football 11 News : EA SPORTS

major omission/bummer of the game in general : No recruiting based on play style, no change of playstyle changed on player personell ... No coaching changes either.

Question : Can you (like in Madden) select multiple teams to controll and then set everything on auto ? Wouldn´t do it for 120 teams, but propably my conference and 10 or so other teams (and just change their playstyle a bit every once in a while)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #119
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

No recruting based on play style or changing of play style is pretty close to a deal breaker. I mean, wtf. We'll have big slow QB's trying to run the Read Option and what not. Christ.

Also, noticed in the demo that my 95 speed rated RB would be easily caught from behind on a screen pass by a 80 speed rated OLB, etc. etc.

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 06-22-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #120
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

For those passing on that preorder... im kind of curious... isn't this actually one of the least essential day-one owns because people need to build the roster files?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #121
Logan
Head Coach

If I had it on Day 1, I'd definitely be playing it but waiting until the rosters become available before starting a dynasty. Even though it's largely the same game, for me at least it takes a few days of solid playing to get comfortable with it again. Some people also like to try a few different teams before figuring out who they'll roll with.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #122
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm definitely in the minority, but when I start a dynasty, I take a small school, sim 4 years ahead, and then take my pick of the worst BCS teams at that point. So rosters are irrelevant to me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #123
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

With so much player turnover in college games I wouldn't even bother with real rosters.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #124
whomario
Pro Starter

me neither really, but then again i propably couldn´t name more than a dozen players as it is and i guess 6 of those would turn out to actually not be in College anymore
On the other hand i´m positive i could name 50 players from my current FBCB save game excluding my own team

Am i correct to assume that you can indeed randomly name all players instead of jersey numbers ?

@ kysrup : Can you choose multiple teams in the beginning ? Can you switch control of team (or at least automatisms) on and off as the game goes on ?

Last edited by whomario : 06-22-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #125
Kodos
Resident Alien

In the past you could give everyone random names. It is probably a safe bet that the option is still in there.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #126
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
@ kysrup : Can you choose multiple teams in the beginning ? Can you switch control of team (or at least automatisms) on and off as the game goes on ?

No, I don't think so. I just pick a small team, load up their schedule with cupcakes, sim 4 years, and usually they've done pretty well, so when my contract ends or I quit my job, pretty much every team wants me to coach them. And certainly the worst teams, which are the ones I target.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
No recruting based on play style or changing of play style is pretty close to a deal breaker. I mean, wtf. We'll have big slow QB's trying to run the Read Option and what not. Christ.

Also, noticed in the demo that my 95 speed rated RB would be easily caught from behind on a screen pass by a 80 speed rated OLB, etc. etc.

I wonder what the acceleration of the LB and the RB was?

As far as the lack of recruiting to play style, I'm not surprised by that at all, but wondering where it was stated that this was the case.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #128
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

While trying out the demo for the first time I had an unusual play. Are the rules for offensive linemen being eligible for forward passes different in college football compared to the NFL?

I called an option play, maybe I waited too long to pitch it to the halfback so when I pressed the pitch button the QB pitched it ten yards past the line of scrimmage to my right guard (who after falling down while trying to block, got up and then made a very skillful catch, turning around to get the ball then continuing up the field in one fluid motion like a good wide receiver would do, then taking it into the endzone). There was no flag and the TD stood.

And on the drive summary the scoring play was listed as something like "QB #11 attempted to pass, but it was incomplete. RG #74 was the intended receiver."

Last edited by Big Fo : 06-25-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #129
FF
Mascot

sounds weird. can you replicate it?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #130
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Whelp, the Dell deal sounds like it's turned south. Just got an e-mail that my delivery date has been revised to July 23.

Earlier they sent an e-mail with a delivery date of July 9, but I thought that might actually be ship date. Usually movies/games are available a few days earlier for ship dates. But if this thing ends up getting here July 23 ... well, I guess you get what you pay for. No wonder Dell's name is mud pretty much anymore.

I blame HornsManiac and Kevin from Dell.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #131
Kodos
Resident Alien

Glad I stuck with Amazon. With Amazon Prime, I should have it on the release day hopefully.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #132
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah I got the same delay to the 23rd. Just hope it shows up before I head out to Vegas.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #133
Logan
Head Coach

I didn't expect to get it on the 9th and don't have a problem waiting for a couple more weeks. I'm only buying for the low price.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #134
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Game Informer Review:

hxxp://gameinformer.com/games/ncaa_football_11/b/ps3/archive/2010/07/06/ea-builds-a-powerful-dynasty.aspx

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 07-07-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #135
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah but the real question is, what does Bill Abner think of it?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #136
Kodos
Resident Alien

Old 07-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #137
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Game Informer Review:

hxxp://gameinformer.com/games/ncaa_football_11/b/ps3/archive/2010/07/06/ea-builds-a-powerful-dynasty.aspx

Are those really FSU uniforms in that pic?

edit: Yep, the Nike Combat ones. Pretty sweet looking colors, surprised I missed it when they played with them.

Last edited by Logan : 07-07-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #138
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #139
Mota
College Benchwarmer

The thing that scares me about this game is the PDLC. It gets worse and worse every year, even though the price of the game doesn't go down. Soon you'll have to put in a quarter every time you want to recruit someone, or put in a quarter to try a pass.

Real money should never give you a competitive advantage in a PAID game.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #140
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would never in a million years be willing to pay up in recruiting micro transactions to land a blue chip recruit. The fact that that is even mentioned in the review is enough to scare me away.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #141
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I would never in a million years be willing to pay up in recruiting micro transactions to land a blue chip recruit. The fact that that is even mentioned in the review is enough to scare me away.

The way he said it made it sound like last year's, where you can get some extra info or scouting reports or something, but nothing that makes a purchase mandatory to land blue chippers.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #142
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
The way he said it made it sound like last year's, where you can get some extra info or scouting reports or something, but nothing that makes a purchase mandatory to land blue chippers.

I guess that wouldn't be too bad. Pointless? Yes, but I guess nothing that would effect me. Now if they were holding that info back to coach you into buying it I would have a problem with that.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #143
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post

Yeah but it's the creeping effect. Once people have gotten used to this and accepted it, they'll take an extra step into being intrusive to the core gameplay.

Imagine if they had put this stuff in the first few games of this generation, there would have been riots. But we're slowly getting used to getting less and less with each version and having to pay for more and more (like needing a code just to go online).

$59.99 isn't enough, they need to "monetize" us at an increasing rate to satisfy the shareholders.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #144
Comey
College Starter

I think, over time, this game will become one giant clusterfuck. With no coaching changes and the inability to recruit for scheme, there will be some horrible combinations on the field. This went from a must-purchase (I skipped '10) to a wait-and-see.

It's so painful to see this happen to what was my second-favorite non-holiday holiday of the year (the other being the NFL Draft). The day NCAA came out was always counted down to and a soon-as-I-can purchase, where the hermiting would begin immediately. Now, well...I'll wait to see what you guys say about it.

I guess it's best to sum it up this way: I'm actually seriously debating Tiger Woods '11 for the Wii instead of this. Seriously. This should not be.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #145
Kodos
Resident Alien

Operation Sports review is up. They love NCAA 2011.

NCAA Football 11 Review (Xbox 360) - Operation Sports

Last edited by Kodos : 07-09-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #146
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Wait wait wait...OS loves an EA game?

I'M SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one!!!!1
Old 07-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #147
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dola.

I find it funny that the first line states that he feels the NCAA line of games has been a disaster for years, however the lowest rating they gave any of the last three games was an 8/10. This year? 9/10.

Awesome. I wonder how many free copies of EA sent them this year?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #148
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I didn't expect to get it on the 9th and don't have a problem waiting for a couple more weeks. I'm only buying for the low price.

Just got an email that my Dell copy shipped today and should be here on the 12th. Not bad at all.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #149
whomario
Pro Starter

more reviews :

Kotaku : NCAA Football 11 Review: A Big Man On Campus

IGN : http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1104873p1.html

my "due date" is the 16th + X via an import store here in germany ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-09-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #150
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Just got an email that my Dell copy shipped today and should be here on the 12th. Not bad at all.

Same here
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote