Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #101
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Radii, thanks for pointing out where I'd seen Brent Sexton before.

This season is shaping up well with all the threads likely to converge in the last episode. As much as I want to know who Drew Thompson is, I don't want this to end.

And more Constable Bob next week!
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #102
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post

And more Constable Bob next week!

He is money for sure!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #103
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
He is money for sure!

He and his go bag are gonna come up big.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #104
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Seasons 1-3 are free on Amazon Prime. Dammit. I just bought seasons 1-2 on DVD. Oh well.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #105
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

great episode last week - the "Jesus, I sure hope I got that right" line was brilliant
Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #106
Radii
Head Coach

Another spectacular, entertaining episode tonight. Won't say too much that could spoil anything, but I will say that I rewound the DVR 3 times to watch the speech Art made about how awesome Drew Thompson is over and over.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #107
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Another spectacular, entertaining episode tonight. Won't say too much that could spoil anything, but I will say that I rewound the DVR 3 times to watch the speech Art made about how awesome Drew Thompson is over and over.

Agreed. Art killed it with that speech...ha.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #108
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

These are the little off the wall things that completely make this show. Agreed, excellent episode and it was cool to see Limehouse back as well.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #109
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Art and the return of Limehouse made this one, but I do think my favorite line of this season was delivered by Johnny's whore:

"If she (Ella Mae) had someone she could count on, I don't guess she'd be sucking Hill Billy dick for a living."

Boyd and Eva continue to be a great couple. I hope they get better than a Bonnie and Clyde ending for the series wrap-up.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #110
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Seasons 1-3 are free on Amazon Prime. Dammit. I just bought seasons 1-2 on DVD. Oh well.

Damn, I just saw this. I can finally watch the show and get caught up.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #111
Radii
Head Coach

GOD DAMN that was good.

Spoiling lots w/ lots of thoughts about this episode and a few predictions for the rest of the season:

Spoiler
Old 03-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #112
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
GOD DAMN that was good.

Spoiling lots w/ lots of thoughts about this episode and a few predictions for the rest of the season:

Spoiler

Good thoughts and I agree totally.....but you forgot, "Drew Mama"
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #113
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #114
Radii
Head Coach

Spoiler
Old 03-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #115
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Outstanding episode, as others have said. This show does an outstanding job in taking second-rate comedic actors and turning them into villans (Jere Burns, Mike O'Malley, the girl friend from Psych, there were others earlier) or unexpected tough guys--Patton Oswalt as Constable Bob.

Amazing how much cocksucking is getting talked about or shown on F/X. Two episodes ago, it was the joke I mentioned. However, this week it was the brutal way Mr. Antonio(?) denigrated Eva's status in front of Bobby. We know how/why Detroit thinks so little of Harlan County after that speech. Then I caught up on The Americans a bit and saw that female spies give bj's for info a lot. Won't see that on network shows. They won't show that on Covert Affairs.

I hope there is no let down for the last two episodes, however the way each scene topped the next this week gives a lot of hope that the best is yet to come.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #116
BYU 14
Coordinator

Another great episode and it sets up what should be a great finale

Spoiler

This has been a really solid season IMO.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #117
Radii
Head Coach

No surprise, I loved the finale. May have more thoughts later but a couple real quick ones:

Spoiler

That was such a strong season, can't wait to read some reviews and see what others thought.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #118
Bad-example
College Starter

Do we really need spoiler tags in this thread? Really, anyone that clicks on this thread without being caught up should fully expect to be 'spoiled'. Just my humble opinion...

I think this season was the most consistent and entertaining to date. The whole 'who's Drew' story got a little tiresome mid-season but rebounded late. Goggins is crushing the Boyd Crowder role.

I like the whole package. Writing, producing, casting, acting...quality everywhere.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #119
BYU 14
Coordinator

Agreed, this was the best season yet IMO and it sets up some very interesting possibilities for season 5.

Spoiler
Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #120
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Do we really need spoiler tags in this thread? Really, anyone that clicks on this thread without being caught up should fully expect to be 'spoiled'. Just my humble opinion...

I think this season was the most consistent and entertaining to date. The whole 'who's Drew' story got a little tiresome mid-season but rebounded late. Goggins is crushing the Boyd Crowder role.

I like the whole package. Writing, producing, casting, acting...quality everywhere.

Coggins is just plain awesome

For some reason I just feel obliged to follow with my own spoiler tag when there is already one
Old 04-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #121
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post

Yeah I think someone used them once and everyone just followed along. May have been me that used them once b/c I wasn't sure since I jumped into the show late

I'd be happy to not use them next season!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #122
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

great ending to a great season. this show kicks so much ass
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #123
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
great ending to a great season. this show kicks so much ass

Definitely in my top 3 new along with SOA and Walking Dead.

I am really enjoying The Following too, actually kinda surprised it hasn't gotten any love on FOFC.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #124
Brownkeg8
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Definitely in my top 3 new along with SOA and Walking Dead.

I am really enjoying The Following too, actually kinda surprised it hasn't gotten any love on FOFC.

The first 3 episodes of The Following were fantastic, but the stupidity of law enforcement on this show has gone to far.
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #125
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownkeg8 View Post
The first 3 episodes of The Following were fantastic, but the stupidity of law enforcement, except for Kevin Bacon, on this show has gone to far.

Fixed it

I will admit one thing that annoys me is how many times there are only 1 or 2 agents looking into something, when in reality you know there would be 20. Right now what is holding me are the characters, especially the conflict brewing inside the cult.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #126
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Excellent season, great last episode. My favorite scene was Boyd and Raylon driving to meet Augustine and each asking how the other sleeps at night.

Who wins a draw down between Boyd/Eva and Raylon/Winona? That has to be the series wrap-up scene, whenever we get to it.

The parallels between the couples -- going for respectability, losing each other at the end, the closing scenes of both men in the homes they never really had -- keep me watching.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #127
Radii
Head Coach

Review: Justified back on target for final season

Last season Justified chat was just in the tV thread, huh? Hopefully the final season will be good enough again that it deserves its own thread.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #128
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I definitely found last season disappointing, but have high hopes for how it will conclude.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #129
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have high hopes as well, have consistently enjoyed this show since it found it's legs midway through season 1. Season 2 with the Bennett's holds a slight edge as my favorite to date.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #130
Logan
Head Coach

Despite starting this thread 5 years ago, this is only my 3rd post in it. The second was how I missed the original airing of the premiere but planned on catching it soon.

I think I officially gave up on it early last season when I realized that I really had to force myself to watch it. I'm not sure why it never really caught on with me, since I'm generally a fan of the FX dramas and like so much of the cast.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:07 PM   #131
Desnudo
Coordinator

Holy hell what is up with the close up camera
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #132
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Alright, one episode left, any predictions? I don't think they'd do the "Raylan shoots Boyd, but gets punished for it" thing as it'd parallel The Shield too much, but if Raylan was kicked out of the Marshal service and allowed to go live in Florida he'd probably be happy with that (at least initially).

But I'll go with a showdown where Boyd shoots Ava and Raylan shoots him. Then Raylan gets shot by Boone/Markham (who are killed by Loretta) because ending every season with a different rendition of You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive has to mean something.

Finally, if she's not going to show up on the show, Jackie Nevada shows up at my house to watch the finale.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #133
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think Boone's empty round will matter. Beyond that I've got no idea.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #134
Radii
Head Coach

Raylan outdraws Boone

Ava ends up in jail

Boyd dead, but not by Raylan's hand (sniper Tim? I'd love for it to be Art, but I'm going to go with Tim)

A Shield style ending for Raylan makes SO MUCH SENSE, the only reason not to do it is the comparisons to Vic Mackey. I'm going to be vague and say that Raylan lives, does not end up in jail, but does not get a full out happy ending.

Markham dies while going after his money. Uncle Zachariah was a patsy the whole time, he's not getting out alive either.

Loretta ends up the big winner here, all threats/competition removed and she will be the next Mags Bennett.

I mentioned Art already, but I have a bad feeling about this... I don't think Art just stays at HQ and gets to retire. He ends up in the field b/c of Raylan's bullshit, he either ends up the big hero in the end, killing boyd, or he ends up dying because of Raylan's bullshit. I've had the feeling Art is gonna die for a long time now, I think Art dies in a way that puts it entirely on Raylan (not that raylan kills him, but that Art ends up in a bad situation entirely b/c of Raylan's going rogue and its abundantly clear to everyone that its Raylan's fault).

I dunno... the only one I'd put money on is Raylan outdraws Boone in a showdown. The rest, can't wait to find out. Also, that's a lot of loose ends left, isn't it?
Old 04-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #135
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I'll wait for everyone else to watch before posting any details, but the ending was just about perfect for me.

I watched the last three episodes this week and really got back into this. I'll miss JUSTIFIED, however I'm satisfied, perhaps more than the way LOST and THE SOPRANOS ended.

Win Duffy surviving the bloodbath in his trailer and then calling 911, "What is the nature of the emergency? I can't even begin," was great. Jere Burns has become a great villain (Burn Notice, too); I hope he gets more roles in this vein.

Boon (and why he doesn't have an 'e' on the end is odd) was more annoying than interesting for me, however I liked the actor and his work.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #136
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I'll wait for everyone else to watch before posting any details, but the ending was just about perfect for me.

I watched the last three episodes this week and really got back into this. I'll miss JUSTIFIED, however I'm satisfied, perhaps more than the way LOST and THE SOPRANOS ended.

Win Duffy surviving the bloodbath in his trailer and then calling 911, "What is the nature of the emergency? I can't even begin," was great. Jere Burns has become a great villain (Burn Notice, too); I hope he gets more roles in this vein.

Boon (and why he doesn't have an 'e' on the end is odd) was more annoying than interesting for me, however I liked the actor and his work.

I thought the ending was just about perfect, not overdone, very low key but closed the loop. After a shaky first season this show really picked it up, one of my favorites and I am going to miss it as well. Olyphant, Burns, Coggins all were great in their parts and the revolving cast of seasonal villains was solid every season for the most part. Mags Bennett may be my favorite, but Markham and his menagerie were entertaining as well.

The carnage in Duffy's trailer was a very powerful segment, Burns is just one helluva an actor. Again, great show that they didn't milk for an extra season or two, which would have spoiled it.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #137
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I'm not going to worry about SPOILERS.

Solid finale. Didn't really think the 4 years later coda was necessary, would've been fine with Raylan sitting up as Ava pulls away, but at least they ended with Raylan vs Boyd and closing the loop there. I really thought Raylan might bite it during the showdown vs Boon, but I liked how they foreshadowed Boon's miss when he winged Loretta's ex-boyfriend ("That's the risk with going for headshots over shooting center mass, but you never know when someone's wearing a vest.")

With the praise Better Call Saul is getting maybe we can get a Wynn Duffy spinoff!