Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #101
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
teapot meet kettle...

Nowhere in this thread have I intentionally tried to be witty and then having failed, tried to make like its the other guys fault.

Like I said before, had he just laughed it off and admitted he was being an asshat right off I'd have laughed along with him, he didn't he tried to substantiate his assinine-ness.

No pot/kettle this time, just a kettle head.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #102
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
As long as we're getting pedantic about the "letter of the law" regarding the Vietnam draft, I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the fact that congress never declared war against Vietnam.

Someone did mention it in passing, but I'm too lazy to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
See this is precisely where you lose all credibility with me. You knew exactly what the discussion was about, you understood precisely what was meant by my statement, even if it was worded poorly and you tried to make a smart ass remark to degrade me for whatever reason. THIS is how your comment came across.

You were just trying to be a fucking smartass and you failed, not only in that it was obvious you knew by your own wording and teh fact that you tried to throw in the added commentary of Hawaii's status at the time. Which you totally fucking blew.

How bout you just stfu for awhile instead of trying to tread water in a position you've already failed at.

SOmetimes you make some great posts, then there are times like this when you devolve into a sorry little piss ant trying to one up someone and then getting pissed because you look like an complete fucking imbicile when you do it.

Oh and nice personal shot there asshole, another glaring point maker that you were just being a fuckwit, you had to resort to insulting my wife and lifestyle to get some sort of gratification.

OK, since nobody has stepped up to defend Cam...

You said states, he said Hawaii was not a state at the time. He did not "blow it." You said you would "defend the mainland." He tried to assume what you were saying maybe meant "defend the country." To many people that does not include territories (I would not be particularly upset if Guam were attacked compared to Alaska or Hawaii). He was TRYING to give you some benefit of the doubt for the fact that you said "mainland" and then continued on to state that Hawaii was part of said grouping. As I have said before, get a thicker skin. People find minor grammar mistakes to change the meaning of a sentence and you're all worked up because Cam pointed out that you said "mainland" to mean that you would defend a territory thousands of miles from the US mainland.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #103
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Someone did mention it in passing, but I'm too lazy to find it.

OK, since nobody has stepped up to defend Cam...

You said states, he said Hawaii was not a state at the time. He did not "blow it." You said you would "defend the mainland." He tried to assume what you were saying maybe meant "defend the country." To many people that does not include territories (I would not be particularly upset if Guam were attacked compared to Alaska or Hawaii). He was TRYING to give you some benefit of the doubt for the fact that you said "mainland" and then continued on to state that Hawaii was part of said grouping. As I have said before, get a thicker skin. People find minor grammar mistakes to change the meaning of a sentence and you're all worked up because Cam pointed out that you said "mainland" to mean that you would defend a territory thousands of miles from the US mainland.

Its a matter of perception really, you see him as being the benevolent "hey you said this and this when you meant something else" when if you actually read the post, you can see that he wasn't.

When you're trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt you don't insult them as you do it, you certainly don't follow that up with personal attacks on peoples family.

I'm sure he COULD have done it the way you say, but in this case he didn't. Its sad that its becoming what I expect from him far more than the exception as I have always held his opinions on many topics to a high respect. Just Disappointing.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #104
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Can I just say I have platonic love for lungs?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #105
Autumn
Head Coach

Hopefully this thread has answered your question. The reason Ali was not considered a coward by all is because there are obviously a variety of opinions on whether objecting to the draft was cowardly or not. Clearly you should have made a thread about that instead.

Frankly, I find Ali's story very stirring. To live a life in our country, hated for the color of his skin, hated for his religion, and then be told he had to go fight in a war for the very country who would discriminate against him when he came home. He (and many others) had a powerful truth that our country needed to face. He may not have served in prison, but he certainly was made to suffer to some degree for it. Our country needs more people willing to stand up for the truth (as best as they see it) even if it means being robbed of what has been your life to that point. There are plenty of other people who have led more cowardly lives than Ali.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote