Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #101
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

The Cowboys are 10th in ypg.... I look at that more than Pts/G because of all the other factors involved... the only one that a defense is solely responsible is YPG.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #102
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Special team affects YPG in a big way.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #103
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Blocked punts that are recovered in the end zone effect PPG in a big way.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #104
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Taking out the 1 blocked punt, the 1 KR for TD, and the 1 fumble for a touchdown, the Cowboys are giving up 20.3 PPG.

Here is a chart of only the defensive PPG given up. It removes all points given up on special teams and offense.

Rank Team DPPG
1 Tennessee 11.2
2 Carolina 13.2
3 Pittsburgh 14.2
4 Baltimore 15.0
5 Tampa Bay 15.2
6 New York (N) 15.6
7 Washington 16.5
8 Indianapolis 16.6
9 Minnesota 16.8
10 Chicago 17.2
11 Cleveland 17.2
12 Philadelphia 18.5
13 New Orleans 19.2
14 Miami 19.4
15 Dallas 20.5
16 Buffalo 20.8
17 San Diego 20.8
18 Atlanta 21.2
19 Jacksonville 21.3
20 New England 21.8
21 Green Bay 22.8
22 Cincinnati 23.0
23 Arizona 23.0
24 New York (A) 23.6
25 Denver 24.3
26 Kansas City 25.0
27 San Francisco 25.8
28 Oakland 27.0
29 Seattle 27.8
30 Detroit 27.8
31 Houston 29.2
32 St. Louis 30.4
Old 10-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #105
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Here is the Defensive Rank (by PPG) for each Super Bowl Champion

Year Team Def Rank (Points)
2007 NY Giants 17
2006 Colts 23
2005 Steelers 3
2004 Patriots 2
2003 Patriots 1
2002 Tampa Bay 1
2001 Patriots 6
2000 Ravens 1
1999 Rams 4
1998 Broncos 8
1997 Broncos 6
1996 Green Bay 1
1995 Dallas 3
1994 49ers 6
1993 Dallas 2
1992 Dallas 5
1991 Redskins 2
1990 NY Giants 1
1989 49ers 3
1988 49ers 8
1987 Redskins 6
1986 NY Giants 2
1985 Bears 1
1984 49ers 1
1983 Raiders 13
1982 Redskins 1
1981 49ers 2
1980 Raiders 10
1979 Steelers 5
1978 Steelers 1
1977 Dallas 8
1976 Raiders 12
1975 Steelers 2
1974 Steelers 2
1973 Miami 1
1972 Miami 1
1971 Dallas 7
1970 Colts 7
1969 Kansas City 1
1968 NY Jest 4
1967 Green Bay 3
1966 Green Bay 1

2000-2007 6.8

1990-1999 3.8

1980-1989 4.7

1970-1979 4.6

1966-1969 2.3
Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #106
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This thread has become lame.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #107
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

I am the Ross Perot of message boards. I just love charts and graphs.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #108
MikeVic
Head Coach

You guys can't ignore special teams. I have felt that shitty special teams resulted in multiple Steelers losses the last few years. It's a big part of the game.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #109
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur View Post
So, unless Roy Williams is going to start at CB, the Cowboys are in big trouble.

That's just crazy talk. Everyone knows Roy Williams plays safety.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #110
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
I am the Ross Perot of message boards. I just love charts and graphs.

that is excellent stats, don't feel bad. so essentially, aside from a couple Super Bowl winning teams - unless you have a top 5 Defense (and in practically most of the cases its more like top 3) you aren't likely to win a Super Bowl.

funny thing about the '07 Giants is they won largely with the defense taking much of the accolades, yet they ranked as an average defense in the regular season (17th).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #111
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
that is excellent stats, don't feel bad. so essentially, aside from a couple Super Bowl winning teams - unless you have a top 5 Defense (and in practically most of the cases its more like top 3) you aren't likely to win a Super Bowl.

funny thing about the '07 Giants is they won largely with the defense taking much of the accolades, yet they ranked as an average defense in the regular season (17th).

I would slightly modify that to a single digit rank. A lot of teams up there have 6/7/8

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #112
RendeR
Coordinator

Youknow, the vast majority o the time when I se multiple Anthony posts its almost assured to be utter shyte, but today I have to say:

Listen to this man, He speaks truth.

Great analysis all around Anthony.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #113
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
That's just crazy talk. Everyone knows Roy Williams plays safety.

Dallas Cowboys Dream Roster:

QB: Roy Williams
RB: Roy Williams
FB: Roy Williams
TE: Roy Williams
FL: Roy Williams
SE: Roy Williams
LT: Roy Williams
LG: Roy Williams
C: Roy Williams
RG: Roy Williams
RT: Roy Williams
P: Roy Williams
K: Roy Williams
LDE: Roy Williams
NT: Roy Williams
RDE: Roy Williams
LOLB: Roy Williams
LILB: Roy Williams
RILB: Roy Williams
ROLB: Roy Williams
LCB: Roy Williams
RCB: Roy Williams
SS: Roy Williams
FS: Roy Williams

Am I missing anybody?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 AM   #114
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Last edited by IMetTrentGreen : 10-17-2008 at 05:40 AM.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #115
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Lions traded their best WR and, according to John Kitna, benched their best QB with more than half the season to go. Hmmm....

Just saying.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #116
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Dallas Cowboys Dream Roster:

RB: Roy Williams
TE: Roy Williams
LT: Roy Williams
C: Roy Williams
K: Roy Williams
LDE: Roy Williams
LOLB: Roy Williams
RILB: Roy Williams
LCB: Roy Williams

Am I missing anybody?

I think you're slighly off base here. About half of those guys should be a 'Jones', so it would look more like:

RB: Ray Jones
TE: Ryan Jones
LT: Roland Jones
C: Jeffrey Jones
K: Jack Jones
LDE: John Jones
LOLB: Roy Jones
RILB: Larry Jones
LCB: Sammy Jones
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #117
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The Lions traded their best WR and, according to John Kitna, benched their best QB with more than half the season to go. Hmmm....

Just saying.

Many would argue about calling him their best WR. Nobody seems to mention the sheer number of passes he drops either. Kitna might be their best QB, but no matter how good he plays he is always due for a turnover. He's like a lesser talented version of Favre. The Lions fully understand they are going nowhere this season and they fully know what they have in Kitna. They need to find out what they have in thier backups. They could easily go out and grab a QB cast off, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, etc. and then work on having a little extra time to find a better solution if those don't work out.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-17-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #118
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

Just saying.

The NFL isn't like the NBA; if you tank in the NFL you get hit with a 60 million dollar player that totally fucks up your salary cap.

Kitna is a 36 year old QB, it isn't like he is 26 and a clear cut #1 starter. Whoever the new GM will be needs to see if the kids, Orlovsky or Stanton, can play. I don't think they can but whatever. As for Roy, well, watch a game, and notice how dominate Calvin can be, and how invisible Roy became.

Just to note as well; on the season Kitna is 68 of 120 for 758 yards, with 5 TD and 5 INT, as well as 3 fumbles.

When this team named Jim Coletto offensive coordinator, now that I could say would be the first sign of tanking.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 10-17-2008 at 10:45 AM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #119
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
The NFL isn't like the NBA; if you tank in the NFL you get hit with a 60 million dollar player that totally fucks up your salary cap.

Kitna is a 36 year old QB, it isn't like he is 26 and a clear cut #1 starter. Whoever the new GM will be needs to see if the kids, Orlovsky or Stanton, can play. I don't think they can but whatever. As for Roy, well, watch a game, and notice how dominate Calvin can be, and how invisible Roy became.

Just to note as well; on the season Kitna is 68 of 120 for 758 yards, with 5 TD and 5 INT, as well as 3 fumbles.

When this team named Jim Coletto offensive coordinator, now that I could say would be the first sign of tanking.

Have the Lions basically given up on this season? Yes. They have. Have they done so to purposely tank the season? No. They just suck and realized that nothing's going to be accomplished this year with this group of players. It was time to start looking towards the future.

Both Williams and Kitna have openly criticized the offensive scheme and coaching staff (not that I blame them really). Between that, the poor team, and many other reasons, it was time to move on.

I think more highly of Roy Williams than most, but for all the reasons I stated above, they had to get rid of him and they did a good job at getting some value (more than most expected) in return.

Kitna sucks. He performed very badly this year and was becoming a bit of a cancer on the team. His blow-up on the sidelines in game one was on example, him taking off his helmet and walking away from the play while the Packers' CB returned his interception for a touchdown was another. Kitna's not the future or the answer for this team. It was best that he was removed from the picture, thus forcing the coaching staff to see if Orlovsky or Stanton can handle it. (Like DeTox, I have serious doubts about both).

The Lions need to do more of this. They need to play young guys like Cherlius, Dizon, and whoever. If they are going to look towards the future, they have to do so consistently across the board. They need to see how these guys perform during games. See if they can develop.

Maybe if there was some superstar, consensus #1 overall pick, maybe the whole Lions are tanking the season thing would make some sense. As far as I know, there is not. (I usually don't start thinking about the draft until after the college season is done.) Between that and the whole financial burden of a high draft pick, purposefully losing games doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Even for the Lions.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #120
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Have the Lions basically given up on this season? Yes. They have. Have they done so to purposely tank the season? No. They just suck and realized that nothing's going to be accomplished this year with this group of players. It was time to start looking towards the future.

Both Williams and Kitna have openly criticized the offensive scheme and coaching staff (not that I blame them really). Between that, the poor team, and many other reasons, it was time to move on.

I think more highly of Roy Williams than most, but for all the reasons I stated above, they had to get rid of him and they did a good job at getting some value (more than most expected) in return.

Kitna sucks. He performed very badly this year and was becoming a bit of a cancer on the team. His blow-up on the sidelines in game one was on example, him taking off his helmet and walking away from the play while the Packers' CB returned his interception for a touchdown was another. Kitna's not the future or the answer for this team. It was best that he was removed from the picture, thus forcing the coaching staff to see if Orlovsky or Stanton can handle it. (Like DeTox, I have serious doubts about both).

The Lions need to do more of this. They need to play young guys like Cherlius, Dizon, and whoever. If they are going to look towards the future, they have to do so consistently across the board. They need to see how these guys perform during games. See if they can develop.

Maybe if there was some superstar, consensus #1 overall pick, maybe the whole Lions are tanking the season thing would make some sense. As far as I know, there is not. (I usually don't start thinking about the draft until after the college season is done.) Between that and the whole financial burden of a high draft pick, purposefully losing games doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Even for the Lions.

I think Roy is a good player, but Lions fans made him out to be something he wasn't. Roy is like Keyshawn Johnson. He doesn't stretch the field. He can, but once Calvin came here, he should've been able to run free over the middle and catch 100 balls. He hasn't shown an ability to do that consistently yet for whatever reason.

I am sure the losing got to him, I don't blame him one bit, but it just irked me how unprofessional he slowly was becoming. Too many hissy fits and what not. Then again, when your QB is screaming at coaches in the first game of the season, and he is your supposed leader, I guess I can't say I am shocked.

As far as clear cut #1 pick, if you took a conesnus from all the draft geeks and what not, it's probably Michael Oher out of Ole Miss. I'd be happy as hell to have a legit LT finally, but ugh, the thought of a 40 million dollar signing bonus scares the hell out of me.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #121
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I think Roy is a good player, but Lions fans made him out to be something he wasn't. Roy is like Keyshawn Johnson. He doesn't stretch the field. He can, but once Calvin came here, he should've been able to run free over the middle and catch 100 balls. He hasn't shown an ability to do that consistently yet for whatever reason.

I am sure the losing got to him, I don't blame him one bit, but it just irked me how unprofessional he slowly was becoming. Too many hissy fits and what not. Then again, when your QB is screaming at coaches in the first game of the season, and he is your supposed leader, I guess I can't say I am shocked.

As far as clear cut #1 pick, if you took a conesnus from all the draft geeks and what not, it's probably Michael Oher out of Ole Miss. I'd be happy as hell to have a legit LT finally, but ugh, the thought of a 40 million dollar signing bonus scares the hell out of me.

I seriously hope Calvin Johnson does reach his potential. He looked unstoppable in the pre-season. He has shown flashes of what he can be, like in the Green Bay game, but he's been wildly inconsistent. He has too many dropped passes and tends to disappear for long stretches at a time.

It will be interesting to see how the loss of Roy Williams affects his game.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #122
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I seriously hope Calvin Johnson does reach his potential. He looked unstoppable in the pre-season. He has shown flashes of what he can be, like in the Green Bay game, but he's been wildly inconsistent. He has too many dropped passes and tends to disappear for long stretches at a time.

It will be interesting to see how the loss of Roy Williams affects his game.

I am willing to bet we both forget what number he even is, because you'll see at least three other guys on him all game now. With the vanillia playbook Coletto has, and the lack of respect our running game gets, teams will load up on Calvin and let the other WR's beat them. Not to mention the guy throwing the ball will be Dan "Safety Dance" Orlovsky, or Drew "Tuck 'n Run" Stanton.

I do think though this will be good for his development, because he will still put up numbers, and I can't see the situation ever getting any worse then it'll be in the upcoming weeks.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #123
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I am willing to bet we both forget what number he even is, because you'll see at least three other guys on him all game now. With the vanillia playbook Coletto has, and the lack of respect our running game gets, teams will load up on Calvin and let the other WR's beat them. Not to mention the guy throwing the ball will be Dan "Safety Dance" Orlovsky, or Drew "Tuck 'n Run" Stanton.

I do think though this will be good for his development, because he will still put up numbers, and I can't see the situation ever getting any worse then it'll be in the upcoming weeks.

I agree. This will be a dark period for the Lions' offense and given what we've seen over the last 8 years, that's really saying something.

I also don't blame Kitna for being frustrated. Coletto's offense sucks. It's terrible. Between that and all the losing, I'm not surprised his pissy and angry. But, then again, his performance this year has been abysmal. The team was 1-11 over the last 12 games in which he started. The injury was a good excuse to bench him, but his benching was equally justified based on his performance and lack of results.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #124
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree. This will be a dark period for the Lions' offense and given what we've seen over the last 8 years, that's really saying something.

I also don't blame Kitna for being frustrated. Coletto's offense sucks. It's terrible. Between that and all the losing, I'm not surprised his pissy and angry. But, then again, his performance this year has been abysmal. The team was 1-11 over the last 12 games in which he started. The injury was a good excuse to bench him, but his benching was equally justified based on his performance and lack of results.

I almost think Marinelli breathed a sigh of relief when he went down because he lets the Vets get away with murder.

My only hope now is Chuck Darby gets benched so we can see Fluellen play a little bit. We have all these kids on the DL and none of them play, it's ridiculous.

I mean, Avril plays some, and has shown flashes, but I want to see the interior guys considering out awful our interior line is.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #125
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I almost think Marinelli breathed a sigh of relief when he went down because he lets the Vets get away with murder.

My only hope now is Chuck Darby gets benched so we can see Fluellen play a little bit. We have all these kids on the DL and none of them play, it's ridiculous.

I mean, Avril plays some, and has shown flashes, but I want to see the interior guys considering out awful our interior line is.

Let's not forget our 2nd round pick from 2 years ago, 5-0! Though, I can see why he's having such a hard time cracking the line-up with all of those great players ahead of him.

The state of the defensive line is an excellent micrcosm of all of Marinelli's many shortcomings as a coach.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #126
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Let's not forget our 2nd round pick from 2 years ago, 5-0! Though, I can see why he's having such a hard time cracking the line-up with all of those great players ahead of him.

The state of the defensive line is an excellent micrcosm of all of Marinelli's many shortcomings as a coach.

Yes. Sigh. Let's just hope the NFL passes the rule allowing anyone in a front office position to be able to interview for another front office job without permission passes, so we can get this started ASAP.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #127
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Guys... Marinelli is a genius when it comes to coaching up a d-line! What this team needs is some firepower on offense. They need a legitimate second option in the passing game, then Harrington will... Um... I mean Kitna... Um... Never mind.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #128
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Youknow, the vast majority o the time when I se multiple Anthony posts its almost assured to be utter shyte, but today I have to say:

Listen to this man, He speaks truth.

Great analysis all around Anthony.

i tip my hat in your general direction. kisses, teddy bear.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #129
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Many would argue about calling him their best WR. Nobody seems to mention the sheer number of passes he drops either. Kitna might be their best QB, but no matter how good he plays he is always due for a turnover. He's like a lesser talented version of Favre. The Lions fully understand they are going nowhere this season and they fully know what they have in Kitna. They need to find out what they have in thier backups. They could easily go out and grab a QB cast off, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, etc. and then work on having a little extra time to find a better solution if those don't work out.

I agree with this. My point is that the NBA seems to be the only place where a team that is not going anywhere in that season can't switch into rebuild mode and find out what they have in their backups while trading talented players who MAY help them win games in that losing season.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #130
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Wait one second... How can the NFL allow teams to just go and trade a player to another team? The NFL has roles about teams changing their jerseys and rules about players switching jersey numbers... They frequently deny players the opportunity to change numbers (Kevin Smith wanted to change from 34 to 24, etc.)

So how can they allow Roy Williams to change teams? What about those unsold Lions #11 jerseys?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #131
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
What about those unsold Lions jerseys?

Hold on now, you're assuming anyone ever buys a lions jersey....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #132
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

They can probably send to the same place that those Pats Super Bowl t-shirts from last year went.

A NBA can try to tank a season. It was widely accepted that teams were trying to do it two years ago. It's still a crap shoot in terms of it panning out for you. The Lions can mail in the season and look like a top three pick. In the NBA, a top 3 pick could suddenly be something in the top 4, 5, etc...
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #133
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I bought a Lions jersey once... That was about 13 years ago. It's a good jersey. I still have it, though I never wear it.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #134
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I bought a Lions jersey once... That was about 13 years ago. It's a good jersey. I still have it, though I never wear it.

It probably looks like the lions jersey I have too? 20?

Hmmm. Although you seem like more of a Scott Mitchell type of guy.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #135
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It probably looks like the lions jersey I have too? 20?

Hmmm. Although you seem like more of a Scott Mitchell type of guy.

Scott Mitchell type of guy? That's a horrible thing to say. That's is easily the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me on a message board. You know who's a Scott Mitchell type of guy? Your mom.

The jersey is actually a 54. Chris Spielman.

It's a great jersey. It's a nice authentic one. I was working at sporting goods store at the time and got at 50% off.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #136
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I've thrown out so many Lions jerseys.

I had a Charlie Batch jersey for Christ's sake. And TWO Harringtons.

*sigh*

Being a Lions fan is AWESOME!

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-18-2008 at 12:06 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #137
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

I think owning a Andre Ware or Chuck Long Jersey is more problematic than a Scott Mitchell one

At least the Lions never F'ed themselves like the Tigers did by drafting a relief pitcher number one overall. In football terms, that's like drafting a kickoff T retreiver..

Another huge upside to the Lions...At least they were not as bad as to have the top overall pick the same year Mr. leaf was available..The temptation would have been enormous.....

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 10-18-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote