Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #101
molson
General Manager

People would be more sympathetic for you if you didn't:

1. Call the officer (who's doing his job) a "son of a bitch"
2. Contend that your minor violation should be ignored and officers should only trouble themselves with "real crime"
3. Claim that you've never seen anyone else get a ticket for this, and your buddy cop friend says he wouldn't have given a ticket.
4. Highlight your flawless driving history

Really, you can't see how this kind of stuff rubs people the wrong way? That you're expressing a sense of entitlement? Nobody cares that you stopped in a fire lane.

Last edited by molson : 06-15-2008 at 04:29 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #102
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
People would be more sympathetic for you if you didn't:

1. Call the officer (who's doing his job) a "son of a bitch"
2. Contend that your minor violation should be ignored and officers should only trouble themselves with "real crime"
3. Claim that you've never seen anyone else get a ticket for this, and your buddy cop friend says he wouldn't have given a ticket.
4. Highlight your flawless driving history

Really, you can't see how this kind of stuff rubs people the wrong way? That you're expressing a sense of entitlement? Nobody cares that you stopped in a fire lane.

I could definitely agree with that. I was a tad miffed when I made the post. That's why it was a rant on a message board, I'd rather express some frustration on a board than express it somewhere else.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #103
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I could definitely agree with that. I was a tad miffed when I made the post. That's why it was a rant on a message board, I'd rather express some frustration on a board than express it somewhere else.

Good point, maybe we shouldn't be tearing apart a brother who wants to rant......
Old 06-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #104
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I don't know about you but at our (and all Meijer's I've been around) store, the fire lane is fuckin' huge and if you slide your car in there you aren't blocking anything but open space... you aren't blocking any type of traffic, just the middle between one of the sliding doors and the other - and still, there's like a ten foot gap between said car and the building for plenty of people to walk by.

I don't know why everyone at FOFC is pretending to be saints and has never done anything wrong... lighten up people.

Maybe some of us have had to work closely with EMT's and emergency personnel and realize that it's not as trivial a thing as those who've never done it seem to think it is.

As for the cop giving a warning it is a bad idea. Cougarfreak already believes he's entitled to break the law if he wants to. A warning just sends the message that it's ok and he'll keep doing it expecting warnings. A ticket just may make him realize there's some risk there and he might rethink his behavior.

For the record I got a speeding ticket a few years ago and one of the cops I worked for asked me why I didn't bring it to him to fix it. I went off on him about that. I didn't want to get the ticket but I did the crime and it doesn't sit well with me to have a system where anyone is above the law. Yep, I've broken some but on this I am very consistent. I would expect the ticket and wouldn't mind a warning for some things but a fixed ticket, never, and I've had the opportunity.

The cop didn't agree with me btw but he was still a good guy.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #105
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, or course not. That's somethink I would expect of from a tough guy like you. I did go in with her (that's why I didn't drop her off to answer one of your previous questions), but the six month old staring going ballistic, so I took him to the car and started it, because the vibration in the car seat makes him go to sleep. But hey........I'm over it, you should get over it too. If I pay an extra $30, will it make you happy?

You really should check on the law though. Most cities have a no parking or standing in fire lane law but Florence doesn't seem to add the standing part so unless they define parking to include standing, which I couldn't verify though again, some municipalities do, then you may legally be entitled to do what you did.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #106
Axxon
Pro Starter

Dola, just remembered you posted that you got out and helped your wife load groceries before he wrote the ticket. That would be parking and maybe the only reason you got the ticket.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #107
Axxon
Pro Starter

Doubla Dola.

That seriously took some stones getting out of the car when you're in a fire lane with a cop running your license. Sounds like you were asking for him to give you the ticket.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #108
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
As for the cop giving a warning it is a bad idea. Cougarfreak already believes he's entitled to break the law if he wants to. A warning just sends the message that it's ok and he'll keep doing it expecting warnings. A ticket just may make him realize there's some risk there and he might rethink his behavior.

wow, this is just...wow.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #109
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

And while I agree (and have in the past done so myself) that its just a rant, You just as I, have to accept the backlash you get here. Frankly you really had no excuse to sit in the firelane, wether it was 20 minutes or 20 seconds. It was wrong. You got a ticket for violating a civil statute. The fact that you had to make a point of your record, called the cop names and really made it out as if you were some sort of victim simply ensured the flaming you got would happen.

While subby is an inconsiderate fucktard most of the time, he has a point. Parking there was simple laziness. Your wife is I'm certain a wonderful person, but she certainly could have managed to walk to a nearby parking space where you could have assisted her and avoided the whole thing.

As someone else said, it was the way you wrote the rant that got you fried here, not the act itself, you simply got what you deserved there.

Quote:
Good point, maybe we shouldn't be tearing apart a brother who wants to rant......

I can agree in principle, but again, its the way he posted it and the tone of his message that earned him the shredding. I've experienced it myself so I know its frustrating to be on the receiving end, but when you sit back and really read what you write and the ensuing shit slinging that you receive or it. Then you start to understand why you got it.

I also want toa gree with the recent comment that you have some serious nuts getting out of a car while a cop is processing you. In most states that is now grounds for arrest. Its a safety issue for the officer(s) involved.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #110
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
wow, this is just...wow.

He admits he breaks the law and then complains because he's given a ticket for it. I don't see any other way to look at it. I've stated this since post one and he hasn't denied it either.

I'm not going to flip flop on this. Lots of people feel entitled to break laws they don't like. I don't see why calling them on it is a bad thing.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #111
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
wow, this is just...wow.

Of course, coming from someone named Draft Dodger, I can see where the defensiveness comes in.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #112
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Since y'all are against cougar so strongly on this one, I am going to threadjack with a story of my own.

A couple of months ago I was dropping off one of my softball players at her apartment (I coach softball at Central High School) I pull into the apartment complex, she sees her mom, jumps out and runs to her. I have to make a three point turn in order to get out of the parking lot of the apartment complex and in doing so I see 2 teenage looking men with guns in the back of their pants. They are literally 5 feet away from my window, which is down and it freaks me out. They see me look at them and they start making cracks, 'hey pretty momma' blah blah. I haul ass out of hte complex, take a left and run a red light that just turned red. Of course a cop is there and he pulls me over. I am shaking, and I point at the complex and tell him that those two men (literally three blocks away, you could still see them) and the cop just laughs at me. He gives me a 150 dollar ticket for running the light, which i admited doing. I called his boss and filed a report against him and I am giong to court July 3rd. I hate cops.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #113
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Since y'all are against cougar so strongly on this one, I am going to threadjack with a story of my own.

A couple of months ago I was dropping off one of my softball players at her apartment (I coach softball at Central High School) I pull into the apartment complex, she sees her mom, jumps out and runs to her. I have to make a three point turn in order to get out of the parking lot of the apartment complex and in doing so I see 2 teenage looking men with guns in the back of their pants. They are literally 5 feet away from my window, which is down and it freaks me out. They see me look at them and they start making cracks, 'hey pretty momma' blah blah. I haul ass out of hte complex, take a left and run a red light that just turned red. Of course a cop is there and he pulls me over. I am shaking, and I point at the complex and tell him that those two men (literally three blocks away, you could still see them) and the cop just laughs at me. He gives me a 150 dollar ticket for running the light, which i admited doing. I called his boss and filed a report against him and I am giong to court July 3rd. I hate cops.

Just out of curiosity. Had someone tboned you and there had been a fatality would you have blamed it on the guys who talked to you but didn't pull their guns on you or otherwise threatened you and were three blocks away on foot?

I can understand being scared and hoofing it but running a red light when you're three blocks away? Not so much.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #114
molson
General Manager

Quote:

He gives me a 150 dollar ticket for running the light, which i admited doing. I called his boss and filed a report against him and I am giong to court July 3rd. I hate cops.

If you bring witnesses that saw the guys with guns, maybe a sympathetic judge cuts you a break....But do you seriously expect the cops to let everyone off the hook that has a story like that? Why should he believe you?

The random hatred of cops really puzzles me....These people would risk their lives for you without blinking, and people bitch about paying tickets...Give me a fucking break.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #115
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Just out of curiosity. Had someone tboned you and there had been a fatality would you have blamed it on the guys who talked to you but didn't pull their guns on you or otherwise threatened you and were three blocks away on foot?

I can understand being scared and hoofing it but running a red light when you're three blocks away? Not so much.

Well he turned the lights on right when i was leaving the apt complex. It just took me two blocks to pull over into a vacant bank parking lot.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #116
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
If you bring witnesses that saw the guys with guns, maybe a sympathetic judge cuts you a break....But do you seriously expect the cops to let everyone off the hook that has a story like that? Why should he believe you?

The random hatred of cops really puzzles me....These people would risk their lives for you without blinking, and people bitch about paying tickets...Give me a fucking break.

Oh I had nothing against cops, until this happened. He basically laughed in my face, and you could still see the guys at the apartment. He didn't bother to call it in or look into it.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #117
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well he turned the lights on right when i was leaving the apt complex. It just took me two blocks to pull over into a vacant bank parking lot.

So he was close enough to see the guys and make a determination on how much of a threat they appeared to be? If they weren't running after you or pulling out the guns then the fear, though understandable, wasn't enough to risk your life for and you did risk your life running a red light. It's a hard call to make on that one.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #118
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh I had nothing against cops, until this happened. He basically laughed in my face, and you could still see the guys at the apartment. He didn't bother to call it in or look into it.

Just curious, but what did you want the cop to do?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #119
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

You must be accustomed to guys having guns 5 feet away from your face. I for one am not and reacted the way any normal female would. I wanted to get the hell away from the situation and disregarded a traffic signal as it was turning red. It wasn't like it was red for 2 minutes. It was yellow as I approached it and turned red as I was turning left.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #120
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I wanted the cop to go to the apartment and check the guys out. I dont think its acceptable for two guys to have guns out in a neighborhood with children. The cop should have at least took my license, to assure I would not run away, then went and frisked the guys or something.

Last edited by LoneStarGirl : 06-15-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #121
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I wanted the cop to go to the apartment and check the guys out. I dont think its acceptable for two guys to have guns out in a neighborhood with children. The cop should have at least took my license, to assure I would not run away, then went and frisked the guys or something.

You are aware of the Second Amendment right?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #122
cougarfreak
College Starter

Maybe I'll just change my views on life. For example, I had 2 kids fail my class this past semester in high school. One had a 68.3, and one had a 67.5. Failing is a 70. Since I teach summer school and I was there a week later than "official" school ran , I called them, and gave them a chance to turn in an assignment to make up a zero on a previous assignment. This allowed them to earn their credit. But hell, a 69.9 technically isn't a 70, so I should automatically fail all kids that get below that grade. No reprieve, no warning shot, no 2nd chance.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #123
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
You must be accustomed to guys having guns 5 feet away from your face. I for one am not and reacted the way any normal female would. I wanted to get the hell away from the situation and disregarded a traffic signal as it was turning red. It wasn't like it was red for 2 minutes. It was yellow as I approached it and turned red as I was turning left.

Hey, I understand the fear but you put your life in worse danger than if you'd waited. If you'd stopped at the light, saw them approaching you still and had a clear road then turn, preferably right if you're in a right on red state. I'd support you in that case if you were pulled over.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #124
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe I'll just change my views on life. For example, I had 2 kids fail my class this past semester in high school. One had a 68.3, and one had a 67.5. Failing is a 70. Since I teach summer school and I was there a week later than "official" school ran , I called them, and gave them a chance to turn in an assignment to make up a zero on a previous assignment. This allowed them to earn their credit. But hell, a 69.9 technically isn't a 70, so I should automatically fail all kids that get below that grade. No reprieve, no warning shot, no 2nd chance.

Totally irrelevant to compromising public safety but hey, it's your class.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #125
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
You are aware of the Second Amendment right?

I am aware of the right to bear arms. But i am not 100% sure that amendment means you can show them off in a setting with children.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #126
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Hey, I understand the fear but you put your life in worse danger than if you'd waited. If you'd stopped at the light, saw them approaching you still and had a clear road then turn, preferably right if you're in a right on red state. I'd support you in that case if you were pulled over.

Now, how in the hell can YOU make that determination? She didn't have an accident, so obviously she didn't put herself in any danger by making the choice she made. If she'd have stayed, no one knows if she would be here typing what she is typing.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #127
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

I can't believe you serious made this post...
Old 06-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #128
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am aware of the right to bear arms. But i am not 100% sure that amendment means you can show them off in a setting with children.

Does tucked into their pants count as conceiled for conceiled weapons permits? I have no idea but I'd imagine this is an important consideration.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #129
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

You gave them a 2nd chance. It still didn't get the job done.

What you should do...is have them go pick up your groceries all summer--keeps them out of trouble, and saves you $30 a trip.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #130
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well it was tucked in their blue jeans, but when you have white wife beaters on, and the guns are on the outside of the wife beaters... they had them to show them off. They werent there to protect themselves. they were trying to be tough.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #131
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Now, how in the hell can YOU make that determination? She didn't have an accident, so obviously she didn't put herself in any danger by making the choice she made. If she'd have stayed, no one knows if she would be here typing what she is typing.

Because no one was chasing her. The cop saw her at the moment she was leaving the apartment. The guys were at least a block from her as she stated she pulled two blocks and at that point they were three blocks away.

I'm taking it that the cop didn't feel they were a threat and running a red light is always a threat even if you don't get hurt this time.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #132
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
You gave them a 2nd chance. It still didn't get the job done.

What you should do...is have them go pick up your groceries all summer--keeps them out of trouble, and saves you $30 a trip.

Touche'
Old 06-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #133
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

*shrugs* From what you wrote in your post, they didn't do anything wrong, so what should the cop do?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #134
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well it was tucked in their blue jeans, but when you have white wife beaters on, and the guns are on the outside of the wife beaters... they had them to show them off. They werent there to protect themselves. they were trying to be tough.

The issue is concealment not intent but that does sound like there wasn't an effort for concealment made in this case. Again, I don't know the laws but I'd agree that the cop should at least have checked them out. Not frisked them but at least talked to them and take a closer look.

You still deserved something though; at least a warning.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #135
molson
General Manager

It's hilarious to me how anti-cops and anti-government people get when they get a freaking traffic ticket.

I used to work in a prosecution office that unfortunately had the duty of traffic court once or twice a week.....everyone has a story, and they're generally the most horrible people I ever met.

What do you think a judge is going to do when you tell him about these mystery people with guns - throw the case out?

Last edited by molson : 06-15-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #136
Logan
Head Coach

I meant to chime in with a "this isn't going to end well" somewhere around post #3, so now that we have a second story, let me go with it this time at post #137.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #137
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It wasn't like it was red for 2 minutes. It was yellow as I approached it and turned red as I was turning left.

In Lawrence, near as I can tell, a light turning red signals it's time for the last 3 cars to go through it

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #138
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Here is why police should continue patrolling parking lots, you never know what they might find....

Quote:
Police investigate sale of tigers in Wal-Mart parking lot
Comments 4 | Recommend 0
June 15, 2008 - 3:51PM
Ryan Holeywell

McALLEN - Police and federal authorities are investigating the sale of six Bengal tiger cubs in a Wal-Mart parking lot Sunday afternoon.

The animals appear to have been bound for Mexico and neither the buyer nor seller had the permits needed to legally transport the endangered species across national borders, a federal agent said.

A group from Spring Hill Widlife Ranch in Bryan was selling the cubs - four white ones and two orange ones - in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart near Jackson Avenue and Expressway 83.

Authorities believe the Spring Hill employees were selling the tigers to a pre-arranged buyer via an intermediary, and that the animals' final destination would be in Mexico.

"The people who were picking up the tigers and taking possession of them... were Mexican nationals in a Mexico-licensed vehicle," said Special Agent Alejandro Rodriguez of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. He said tigers have been smuggled into Mexico through the Rio Grande Valley before.

Rodriguez said some people involved in the transaction said the tigers were to be taken to a Mexico City zoo, while others said they would be going to Roma.

Under federal law, it's illegal to transport an endangered species across national borders unless both buyer and seller have what is known as a CITES permit.

Those involved in the transaction could face federal conspiracy charges if authorities determine the animals were, in fact, Mexico-bound.

Police said ranch employees were selling the white cubs for $5,500 per animal, and the orange ones for $900 per animal. The buyers' vehicle lacked air conditioning, police said, which also raised concern about the animals' safety.

Rodriguez said the cubs are healthy and would be transported to the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville as authorities continue their investigation.

The orange tigers are about 10 weeks old, Rodriguez said, and the white ones are about two weeks old.

Rodriguez said it appears Spring Hill has sold tigers in the Rio Grande Valley at least two other times in the last 18 months.

Police arrested the co-owner of Spring Hill Wildlife Ranch for interfering with public duties, authorities said.

The woman, whose name police have not released, attempted to barricade herself in the truck containing the tigers after Monitor staff began photographing the animals from the parking lot. She is expected to be arraigned Monday.

Two people who had been questioned by the police about the transaction declined to comment on the case to The Monitor.

Police learned of the transaction when a McAllen Police Department patrol officer became suspicious of the truck with Mexican license plates in the Wal-Mart parking lot, police said.

When the officer approached, the group moved to the parking lot of the nearby Mervyn's department store, prompting him to follow and ultimately discover the tiger cubs.

"The basic premise of this transaction in a parking lot - it doesn't seem right," said McAllen Police Sgt. Eddie De La Rosa.

Bengal tigers can grow to 9 feet long and weight more than 550 pounds. There are about 2,000 Bengal tigers living in the wild. The cats can be found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar and Nepal.

Jerry Stones, facilities director at Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, said Bengal tigers are an endangered species. There are thousands of large cats including tigers, leopards and lions owned privately - and legally -in Texas, Stones said.

He said he thinks some tiger owners may not realize the effort that goes into caring for the cats. "They buy them as babies," Stones said. "They don't realize it's going to get to be hundreds of pounds, eat an awful lot of food and become dangerous."
Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #139
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

They were Canadian weren't they. In that case you were justified.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #140
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sitting in the parking lot of a local grocery store waiting for my wife to come out. She has my 2 year old daughter, I have my 6 month old son in the car. She calls me, tell me she's in line to check out, so I pull up to the front of the store (not blocking any doors or anything), but into the "fire lane". My car is running. A local cop pulls behind me, turns on his lights, and walks up to my car as asks me why I'm not parked in the parking lot. I tell him, "I'm waiting on my wife who has a small child, she's on her way out". He takes my license. My wife comes out, while he's running my license (I guess that's what he is doing), and I load the groceries in. The son of a bitch gives me a $30 ticket for parking in a fire lane. I haven't had a ticket in 16 years. I can't fucking believe the SOB gave me a ticket. He even wrote on the ticket that I was waiting on my wife with a small child. What the fuck? With all the god forsaken crime going on in the world, he's giving me a freaking ticket???

Same thing happened to me. I backed my big ass SUV right up to the only exit of the store, so that it tripped the door sensor. I rolled the back window down and hollered for the wife to giddy up. Some folks were close to the door and started to get bent outta shape, but, WTH, they can jump the little metal guardrails around the exit. Or heck, it's a busy store, wait until someone walks into the Enter door and go out that way! I'm only gonna be there for a minute, and my kid's screamin' at me, apparently sick of watching the same damn Backyardigans' DVD, or maybe he dropped a load in his Huggies.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 AM   #141
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
I actually got a ticket for this once. So, I know for a fact that in Michigan if I am behind the wheel of a running vehicle, whether parked or not, I can receive a citation.

In CA, the car doesn't even have to be on. If you're behind the wheel and intoxicated, even sleeping at the side of the road, you can get a DUI ticket. Of course, that may be because it takes a difficult or at least irresponsible set of circumstances to result in someone sleeping in their car, intoxicated, on the side of the road, most of which likely include actually driving said car while intoxicated.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:23 AM   #142
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I would just like to say that I am not anti-cop. I am actually pro-cop, but I don't see things in black and white. That's redonkulous. If someone is sitting a running vehicle in the red zone at a GROCERY STORE...not a hospital, but a grocery store, and no emergency is taking place, why can't you say to the driver "I'm sorry, sir, but you can't wait for your wife and kids here. This is not a loading zone. Please move aside"?

I could understand if the guy had parked there and left his car unattended. I advocate giving him a ticket. Hell, make a car cover with a giant ticket attached to it and drape it over the car.

I actually have thought about going into law enforcement at times. I think firm warnings can work in many situations. "Sir (or Ma'am), you're wasting my time by having me stop to make sure you're not sitting in a fire lane. If you have a life-threatening issue, would you rather the police help you, or the servers and protectors be delayed because they are shooing someone out of a restricted parking area?"

I see both sides of it. I tend to lean towards the less by-the-book vigilance side, but maybe that's because I don't have a badge. I just didn't like the piling on and name-calling in this instance.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:56 AM   #143
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
In Lawrence, near as I can tell, a light turning red signals it's time for the last 3 cars to go through it

SI
in lawrence, 3 minutes after the light turned red, there still isn't any car to come through that intersection making it perfectly okay for those 3 cars to go through.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 AM   #144
Schmidty
Coordinator

This thread is making me feel better about myself. I never realized that there were so many more angry, sanctimonious, uptight people on this board than me.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:55 AM   #145
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
lol thats the most outrageous, stupid fucking response i've ever heard out of anyone here at fofc

Yeah and it was supposed to be. Give me a stupid fucking post to respond to and receive a stupid fucking response in return.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #146
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know why everyone at FOFC is pretending to be saints and has never done anything wrong... lighten up people.

It's not that the people here have never done anything wrongs, it's that most people don't do someone wrong and then bitch when they get a ticket. In most cases laws are in place to protect the public. This is one of those such laws.

Assholes that park like morons are a big pet peeve of mine. It's like these people think they are better then everyone else and just park wherever the fuck they want.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #147
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You know? I can't decide what the Parody thread should be...

So I Pissed a little (Rant about a cock)

or

So I'm a little pissed (Rant about a booze-up)
Old 06-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #148
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

How many month long was the class? Honestly it doesn't matter. If you presented to them at the beginning of the year/semester that under 70 wasn't passing. And you throughout the semester/year you kept them up to date on their overall score, it's their own fault for failing the class (unless you blame yourself instead). I mean why don't just just automatically give everyone a 70 if you don't want to be a dick teacher? The fact that they failed and weren't allowed to get out of it by some BS extra credit that the passing kids didn't get to take might just be the swift kick in the ass they need to change their act when it comes to school.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #149
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dan. It's time to let it go.

Maybe you can start a thread expressing your outrage about people who have 16 items in the 15 or less aisle at the Safeway. That would be sweet. I'd totally comiserate with you.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:39 AM   #150
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Random hatred? I respect the cops that work in rough cities, but it is the rural cops who are on power trips.

How about seeing a local cop parked in a parking lot of a mini golf course sleeping day after day. How do I know he was sleeping? It's a 20 mph zone and he was parked close to the road that you could easily see into the car. After a week of it I decided to call his boss. Did anything happen...nothing to the cop but the sleepy cop tailed me for 2 weeks waiting for me to go 1 mph over the speed limit.

Two years ago my house was getting vandalized. Egged and rocks thrown at my house and my shed was broken into. There were footprints of the assailants, but our townships' finest decided to be careless and step all over the footprints. They were probably mad because I had call 3 times in a 4 day period to get them to finally show up. Same thing happened when a few neighborhood kids stabbed my parents above ground pool with a knife.

Finally, I got an underage drinking at 19 years old, along with 200 other people at a party. The cops ran out of breathalyser tubes for us to use so they just reused them from other people that night. Yes I drank and yes i should've gotten in trouble. I go to court to try to plea so I don't lose my license. I tell the lawyer about having to use a reused tube and he tells the judge. The judge then asks the cop if that is true and the cop says "no we had fresh tubes for everyone." Walking outside to the car I say to the cop "I hope you feel good about yourself lying like that." The cop respond "well I knew the judge would believe me over you so I could basically say what I want." Way to set an example.

There are many great cops out there, but just like everything in life, it is the few bad ones that spoil it for them all and give them a bad name.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote