Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #101
cuervo72
Head Coach

Just wanted to state that "Fucky McPirate" was my brainchild, lest Subby get complete credit for it.

*shurg*
Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #102
RendeR
Coordinator

C'mon Subby, tell us what you really feel
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #103
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Just wanted to state that "Fucky McPirate" was my brainchild, lest Subby get complete credit for it.

*shurg*

Et Tu Cuervo?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #104
cuervo72
Head Coach

Props to Subby though for thinking what many of us were thinking.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #105
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Et Tu Cuervo?

Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but since becoming a dad cavorting with pirate booty while a clinically depressed wife who may also be on the road to alcoholism is left alone to deal with a couple of kids doesn't seem like such a good idea as it once might have.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #106
RedKingGold
College Starter

I smell lockdown approaching.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #107
Telle
College Starter

*sigh* Well that'll teach me to post while tipsy...

I've been dealing with depression my entire life. RendeR has been more than supportive for the over-a-decade that we've been together.. but if he did nothing but take care of me 24/7 he would have burnt out long long ago.

And he's not really leaving me alone with the kids.. I made it clear to him that if he was going away for the weekend he had to make arrangements for me to have help, and he has. He's worked with my family and his to make sure that the kids and I would have support the entire time.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #108
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Can I still come to the draft party?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #109
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but since becoming a dad cavorting with pirate booty while a clinically depressed wife who may also be on the road to alcoholism is left alone to deal with a couple of kids doesn't seem like such a good idea as it once might have.

Then please rest assured that depressed is ont on the road to alcoholism (Been there, I watch over that quite strongly) and we have family members lined up and set to take care of the kids and Telle for the entire weekend.

So yes, your idea of things would be a horrible and assholish thing to do.

luckily I'm not doing ti that way.

As for cavorting with pirate booty, its not pirate booty if everyone involved knows and accepts it, now is it? We live a certain lifestyle, its not for everyone and lots of people disagree that it works, but for us, it does. please keep your judgments of our persons to yourself regarding that, thank you =)
Old 04-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #110
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Getting back on track before this spirals to insanity.

Which freakin' Morton's?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #111
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
please keep your judgments of our persons to yourself regarding that, thank you =)

When you deliberately whore for attention, you're pretty much obliged to take what you get. I'm sure that's not a problem, right? Lots of people here are (again) talking about you. That was the real goal here, obviously.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #112
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh and I get the Pirate thing now...DOH I had ntirely forgotten I posted the photo of Liz in her costume!!

Sorry bout that =)
Old 04-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #113
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
When you deliberately whore for attention, you're pretty much obliged to take what you get. I'm sure that's not a problem, right? Lots of people here are (again) talking about you. That was the real goal here, obviously.

Ok #1, I was not whoring for attention, I was making a joke. get over yourself.

#2 thank you for reopening the thread, if it was you who did so.

I take the comments I get as give, i have no problem with how people feel about how I live my life, they have everyright to their opinion, they do not however have the right to judge me based on less than ALL the facts, and since they will never have ALL the facts, they shouldn't be jugding me at all, now should they?

have a nice day
Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #114
cuervo72
Head Coach

Kudos for giving her backup and for keeping an eye out for warning signs then.

As far as judgements go, I am less concerned about the actual moral issues concerning your arrangement as I am for the well-being of your wife and family. I'm not a doctor*, but my guess would be that as part of her depression (and I might have guessed this before this admittal) Telle has dealt with self-esteem issues. Agreeing to a relationship where she allows her husband to have a relationship with a young, thin, attractive female (I still have a hard time - knowing women - thinking that this was mainly her idea) while she accepts the role of "mom" wouldn't seem to help this, though that's just an opinion, one given from a detached viewpoint. And I'm only giving these opinions after this latest bit of information and as the topic has already been broached in a public forum.

* I did satisfy the requirements for a degree in Psychology though!

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-10-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: I seem to use the word "concern" way too often, edited to swap some out
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #115
Telle
College Starter

Actually, the whole polyamory thing was ENTIRELY my idea. You have no idea how against it he was.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #116
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I take the comments I get as give, i have no problem with how people feel about how I live my life, they have everyright to their opinion, they do not however have the right to judge me based on less than ALL the facts, and since they will never have ALL the facts, they shouldn't be jugding me at all, now should they?

It is human nature to judge.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #117
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
It is human nature to judge.

I know, but that doesn't make it right to do so when less than fully informed on a subject =) I'm judgemental, I know this about myself, but I try to not post such things until I THINK I know enough to not make an ass of myself in public (yes I know, I fail at that sometimes )
Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #118
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Actually, the whole polyamory thing was ENTIRELY my idea. You have no idea how against it he was.

I probably shouldn't go here...but my question (which I don't expect you to answer) would then be if this is because you were looking for gratification outside of the relationship, or if you had some feelings of guilt that you were not providing your spouse with the gratification that he required/deserved, and as a method of making him more happy you proposed that he look for other sources for this gratification (or as some sort of "release" from whatever perceived burden you had put on him by needing his help and support with your depression).

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-10-2008 at 10:23 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #119
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Well, a picture is worth a 1000 words...so 100 pictures would be......ok u do the math.

And a video on YouTube....priceless.

I don't think I have ever seen you post before, but I'm enjoying it so far!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #120
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I probably shouldn't go here...but my question (which I don't expect you to answer) would then be if this is because you were looking for gratification outside of the relationship, or if you had some feelings of guilt that you were not providing your spouse with the gratification that he required, and as a method of making him more happy you proposed that he look for other sources for this gratification (or as some sort of "release" from whatever perceived burden you had put on him by needing his help and support with your depression).

Ok, I guess I need to delve into the history of all this...

Very early on in my relationship with RendeR, I found myself getting very close to a male friend of mine and falling in love with him. This obviously put a lot of strain on my relationship with RendeR.. eventually leading us to break up while I explored "other options". After some time, I chose to get back together with RendeR.

Then a couple of years later, I found myself getting close with another male friend and falling in love with him! And I was like "What the hell? Is this going to keep happening to me?!" While I was trying to sort through my feelings and what it all meant, I came upon the topic of polyamory. It was like a lightbulb going off. There ARE other people who love more than one person at a time.. and I learned that you DON'T have to choose.. it's actually possible to have a relationship with more than one person at a time! I presented the idea to RendeR.. and he was understandably less than pleased. We talked, and we talked, and we talked some more.. we had numerous crying sessions. And in the end, we decided to give it a try.. taking small baby steps at a time into it, while continuing to talk and talk and talk some more.

And here we are, about six years later I think.. and both very happy with our marriage and with continuing to be polyamorous. And yes there ARE times when my depression is really kicking my butt and stress from our unique relationship adds to it.. but so does the stress of being a mom, the stress of our opposite work schedules, the stress of only having one car, and a million other things. And I've been trying really hard lately to work on identify when there are tangible things that are bothering me and I communicate with RendeR to try and help.

Any more questions?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #121
Subby
lolzcat

I apologize for being so judgemental, particularly before all of the information was available to me.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #122
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I apologize for being so judgemental, particularly before all of the information was available to me.

Thank you Subby.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #123
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
You would think we would get a good crowd down here, but I've tried several times without much success...

Yeah you did and I sorta killed it: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...hlight=rangers
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #124
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well it turned out to be a fairly small group, but I think a good time, and good meal, was had by all.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #125
RendeR
Coordinator

Bk has it right, excellent time had by everyone!!

Morton's is fracking AMAzing, oh my lord the food was out of this universe. Thanks again on that one BK!!!

I have to say, I really HATe big cities, but I think I'm crushing hard on Chicago. The place is clean, its well organized and easy to navigate. There are simply butt-loads of things to do and see.

Friday Liz and I hopped the Blue line into the city at 4pm, spent hours simply wandering downtown from store to store (that Macy's simply rocks the world) found this really quaint little diner for dinner and the shopped till nearly 9pm and hopped the train back to Rosemont. I can't do that as easily as that here in Buffalo!

Saturday we went downtown again and walked from the train stop to the waterfront park where that huge-mongous fountain is and then turned east and walked to the Field museum. Great time there, though i was underwhelmed by the fantastic creatures exhibit. It was rather poor. 1 star out of 5. The rest of the Museum was outstanding and well worth spending an entire day wandering through.

We went back to the hotel to change for dinner. The weather turned cold so Liz opted for jeans instead of her new dress (damnit) but it was better as it was seriously nasty weather.

met Pass and BK at the train stop and walked to mortons. After cavorting with them we all headed back to our domiciles =)

Really can't say enough how awesome this trip was and its always kewl to be able to put a face and a personality behind the names I see on here =) pass and BK are two outstanding gents, quick with the jokes and full of great insights!!

Can't wait to do it again!

Oh and just FYI::

barkeep is NOT a huggy person
Old 04-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #126
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I had a lot of fun, too! You coming back in two weeks for the draft party, Render?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #127
RendeR
Coordinator

HAH, I wish I coulod man =) this trip tapped my vacation funds for the year though. Gotta put some money into house upgrades and paying down credit cards now =)

Liz is really excited about the warhammer hobby after seeing it this weekend and we're thinking about a week long visit next year when the tournament is on again.

Talk to me in january '09 =)

Was really awesome meeting you !!!! You and BK rock =)
Old 04-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #128
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
HAH, I wish I coulod man =) this trip tapped my vacation funds for the year though. Gotta put some money into house upgrades and paying down credit cards now =)

Liz is really excited about the warhammer hobby after seeing it this weekend and we're thinking about a week long visit next year when the tournament is on again.

Talk to me in january '09 =)

Was really awesome meeting you !!!! You and BK rock =)

So that means she wasn't excited by our thrilling explanation of werewolf? Ah, well.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

We're still on for the draft?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #130
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yep.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #131
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So that means she wasn't excited by our thrilling explanation of werewolf? Ah, well.

Actually liz was thrilled with the idea of playing WW, but that requires dedicated "on the computer time" and she just does't have any of that available.

If I had to juggle her weekly schedule I'd go nutty. Thank god I have a quiet boring job where I can play on the laptop all night =)