Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #101
Daimyo
College Starter

I still like it a lot. I was worried that were done after Hail and Thom's solo effort (Hail eventually grew on me -- The Eraser not so much).

OK Computer is clearly their best in my mind and I don't think that will ever change. I'd probably put The Bends ahead of it as well, but I think In Rainbows fits me so much better at this stage in my life, if that makes sense, that I listen to it a lot more often.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #102
Pyser
Pro Rookie

yorke has 3 gigs this weekend in la with his new band (flea is in it too). clusterfuck to get tix all 3 tiems, and being scalped at like 300 a pop now. fuckers.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #103
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
So... pricing scheme and bitrate controversy aside, this album has come up twice for me in album shuffle mode recently, and a single popped up this morning on the radio. I am probably inching this album upward on my personal rankings of their material... I might have it slotted third behind the gold standard OK Computer and the poppy but pleasing The Bends. It is a much more "mature" sound than any of the intervening albums, I'd say, and I like the place where they landed with it, a good deal.

Still moving up my rankings.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #104
Butter
Coordinator

For a one-two opening punch, it doesn't get any better than "15 Step" and "Bodysnatchers".
Old 09-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #105
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Still moving up my rankings.
As great as "OK Computer" is, I think "In Rainbows" is now my favorite Radiohead record - it feels like the ultimate distillation of the band they have become.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #106
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
As great as "OK Computer" is, I think "In Rainbows" is now my favorite Radiohead record - it feels like the ultimate distillation of the band they have become.

I feel substantially the same way, though putting it like that is basically heresy. But I too might settle on the great/favorite split here.

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-05-2013 at 05:41 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #107
Groundhog
Coordinator

In Rainbows took some time to grow on me but I eventually ended up liking it just fine. I listen to it more than OK Computer these days, but that is mostly because I've heard OK Computer 1 billion times. OK Computer will always rank higher for me because of the impact it had on my musical tastes back when it came out - I was at just the right age.

Kings of Limbs however... I haven't listened to that record since not long after it was released. Did not grab me at all.

Last edited by Groundhog : 09-05-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #108
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
OK Computer is clearly their best in my mind and I don't think that will ever change. I'd probably put The Bends ahead of it as well, but I think In Rainbows fits me so much better at this stage in my life, if that makes sense, that I listen to it a lot more often.

Its definitely passed The Bends for me and I listen to it more than OK Computer. Still not ready to say its "better" than OK Computer. Definitely a lot closer than I expected.

Last edited by Daimyo : 09-07-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote