Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #101
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
I check in on a regular basis.

Every time I see your username I think of Bob Errey.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #102
samifan24
Pro Starter

I don't understand why Yahoo didn't combine this week (2 days of games) with next week to create a more balanced schedule, like they did with the first two weeks of the season.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #103
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Every time I see your username I think of Bob Errey.

Now that you mention it, I probably will too.

Not that you asked, but when my kids were little I used to improv these long bedtime stories. They would just evolve night after night. One of the more popular ones was about "Pluggy and Boberot," names the kids came up with out of whatever crazy gray matter kids come up with stuff.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #104
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I don't understand why Yahoo didn't combine this week (2 days of games) with next week to create a more balanced schedule, like they did with the first two weeks of the season.

Yeah, kind of curious as well. My work league is weekly lineup changes, and minimum 3 goalie starts, which, maybe 2-3 teams will earn this week.

I sent a msg questioning it, doubt we'll get a (good) explanation.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #105
Travis
Pro Rookie

When I checked my leagues today there was a disclaimer stating that if your league has a goalie minimum that it'd be disregarded this week. One of my leagues is daily changes, the other weekly and both had that disclaimer.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #106
samifan24
Pro Starter

Playoffs, woo hoo!

Congratulations to Travis, who held the top spot in the league for almost the entire season. I surely hope I don't have to play you in the playoffs.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #107
samifan24
Pro Starter

Congratulations to Travis for winning the league title. He led the league for most of the season and it was only fitting that he won out in the playoffs. Congratulations to "French Connection" (boberot?) for a second place finish. I finished third. The only thing that's frustrating about playoffs in a head to head league is that I was second for the entire season and suddenly I lose one week and I'm in third place. Oh well. I had a lot of fun in this league. Perhaps next year we can do a live draft league?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #108
boberot
High School Varsity

Yeah, nice job Travis.

Talk about cruel irony.

I kicked the "'bulin wall" to the curb after he was injured for a while and ineffective in his return.

Dude came back and posted like 7 wins, 2 SOs and a sub 2.0 GAA in the two week championship and pretty much turned the tide.

You had a pretty good club too, Sami.

Pencil me in for next year if you guys are going again.

Hope your teams fare better than mine [Sabres] .
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #109
Travis
Pro Rookie

Thanks guys, it was a really fun season. Would have rather seen the Oilers kick MacT to the curb in January and then make the playoffs, but if they're going to suck then I may as well at least enjoy the fantasy season.