Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #101
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
If you're in with the Dynamo supporters groups, do a few "Piss on the Fire" chants for us, would ya?

One of our favorite chants to use when the Chitcago boys are in town..

"If I had the wings of a sparrow....
If I had the ass of a crow....
I'd fly over Chicago, tomorrow...
And Shit on those bastards below!

Shit on, Shit On, Shit On those Bastards, belooooww!
Shit On, Shit On, Shit On those bastards below!"

I will actually be sitting right below them, on ground level behind a goal. I expect to get toilet paper on me if they are still using it as much as last season.

I like the chant, though not sure I will be teaching it to my daughter just yet.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #102
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
WTF is going on in DC? (not that i mind)

A backline of McTavish, Boswell, Gros and Namoff instills fear in no one.

Got to say I love the maroon jerseys Houston is sporting.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #103
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There are unconfirmed reports (although there are multiple reports) that in an altercation between Columbus Crew and DC United fans at Columbus's Stadium last night, that a gun was pulled on somebody.

Thank god no one was shot.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-29-2007 at 09:43 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #104
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Terry Vaughn is the worst fucking ref in the fucking league.

If he's not on the take, then he's doing a damned good job of making it seem like he is.

Bullshit PK.

Even worse Red Card to Shalrie (I swear, the fucking league has it in for players who actually want to get out of the league and play in Europe. Last year Dempsey, this year Shalrie).

Revs still get a point, but they might as well fucking give that point in the standings to Terry Vaughn.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-03-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #105
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The PK is arguable. I think it was borderline but correct.

The red card is one of the worst calls I've ever seen, though. What Vaughn thought he saw, isn't what happened.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #106
Easy Mac

The PK was the right call. There's absolutely no reason for Riley to make that charge right there. Just absolutely stupid on his part.

The red was harsh. In full speed, with Joseph coming from behind, it looked like a bad challenge, but it was a yellow card if you just follow the rules.

You want to get more than a point, tell Riley to stop acting like a little bitch and learn to play defense. He should have been red carded for his posturing with Emilio. It was obvious Emilio wasn't even trying to get a call, he got knocked while off balance and fell over. That was a disgrace that Vaughn gave a yellow to Emilio.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #107
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
The PK was the right call. There's absolutely no reason for Riley to make that charge right there. Just absolutely stupid on his part.

The red was harsh. In full speed, with Joseph coming from behind, it looked like a bad challenge, but it was a yellow card if you just follow the rules.

Agreed on both counts. The foul on the PK looked utterly ridiciculous at full speed. And it was totally unnecssary so he really only has himself to blame.

Good overall game by the way. The MLS games I've caught this year have generally been at a pretty solid level of play.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #108
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I still hate Chicago. Bastards.

Houston had so many damn chances on set pieces and coudln't get anything from them. Still enjoyed the game last week since I don't get to go to many, but would have been better to walk away with a win.

I heard several people blaming the maroon jerseys worn by the Dynamo in honro of VT.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #109
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
The red card is one of the worst calls I've ever seen, though. What Vaughn thought he saw, isn't what happened.
I watched the play again, and for some reason, when I saw it originally, I thought Joseph tackled the ball cleanly.

I still disagree with the sending off (strongly), but I do think it was a foul.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #110
Easy Mac

So does anyone know what happened in TOR-Chi? I don't have FSC, so I missed the seat cover throwing and the fisticuffs or biting.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #112
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This?

There was trouble in the 43rd minute when Chicago goalie Matt Pickens objected to the way Dichio challenged for the ball in front of the goal. An enraged Pickens picked himself off the ground and headed straight to Dichio. Shoves were exchanged, drawing a flood of players into the fracas.

When the dust settled, Dichio and Fire midfielder Diego Gutierrez were ejected, with Dichio leaving to a standing ovation. Replays showed that Pickens may have had a legitimate beef with the 6-foot-3 striker, who was using his arms and legs to make a nuisance of himself with the goalie.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #113
Easy Mac

Schellotto is giving COlumbus a very dangerous attack, something they haven't seen there in a while. He and Grabavoy could be a deadly combo. If they can just find a striker...
Old 05-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #114
Easy Mac

Rusty Pierce has a large cut over his eye. Looked like he took an elbow from Galindo.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #116
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Watched a bit of the Toronto/Chicago Game today on FSC.

Looks like Toronto was a fantastic choice for expansion by the MLS, as the atmosphere may already (arguably) be the best in the league. Could Vancouver and/or Montreal be a possibility in the near future?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #117
Easy Mac

Taylor Twellman = God

And if I see James Riley yell at someone and do his little posturing thing, I will personally drive to New England and punch him. We get it, you're angry and you're black... get over yourself.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #118
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Taylor Twellman = God

And if I see James Riley yell at someone and do his little posturing thing, I will personally drive to New England and punch him. We get it, you're angry and you're black... get over yourself.

is taylor putting a pounding on LA? i'm watching something else.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #119
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Mac: That 2nd goal was the best one touch I've seen from the Revs in weeks.

Huge three points, I thought it was a wasted two points when LA equalized
Old 05-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #120
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesKnight View Post
Watched a bit of the Toronto/Chicago Game today on FSC.

Looks like Toronto was a fantastic choice for expansion by the MLS, as the atmosphere may already (arguably) be the best in the league. Could Vancouver and/or Montreal be a possibility in the near future?

No doubt about it. The Toronto crowd is loud and it will make Toronto a very tough place for visiting teams to come play.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #121
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
No doubt about it. The Toronto crowd is loud and it will make Toronto a very tough place for visiting teams to come play.

Yeah, great fans. Showing support for the home team by throwing their complementary seat cushions on the field and at the opponents sidelines/players. Real stand up move.

Things got bad enough that they had to bring on a shielded bench for the visitors at halftime. Kicker is they werent even losing at the time as they normally do (worst team in MLS)

Canadians...

You stay classy, Toronto.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #122
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Yeah, great fans. Showing support for the home team by throwing their complementary seat cushions on the field and at the opponents sidelines/players. Real stand up move.

Things got bad enough that they had to bring on a shielded bench for the visitors at halftime. Kicker is they werent even losing at the time as they normally do (worst team in MLS)

Canadians...

You stay classy, Toronto.

LOL, a shielded bench for foam seat covers. What a bunch of nancys on that Chicago bench. Oh, and brainiac, they are a first year expansion team. You expected them to go undefeated? Though they are good enough to beat the hell out of Chicago. You'd better not come to Toronto for a game. Wouldn't want you running away crying by half-time.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:00 AM   #123
Butter
Coordinator

Re: Toronto-Chicago...

Anything that will give this league some fucking PERSONALITY is more than welcome. Good for the Toronto fans for showing some enthusiasm, misplaced as it might have been.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #124
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Re: Toronto-Chicago...

Anything that will give this league some fucking PERSONALITY is more than welcome. Good for the Toronto fans for showing some enthusiasm, misplaced as it might have been.

I agree. Throwing stuff on the field isn't the smartest thing on earth but it wasn't like they were throwing flares, coins and batteries.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #125
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

LA Galaxy sign another international player, Portugese defender Abel Xavier through this season and next (he had been out of contract at Middlesborough.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-14-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #126
MJ4H
Coordinator

lookin good
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #127
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Man just think of the damage to the Ozone over LA.. David Beckham and Abel Xavier on the same team.. can't Al gore put a stop to it, or at least make them adopt strict hare care product limits?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #128
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola:

The rumor is that this is the precursor to a trade that would send Albright and Jaqua to FC Dallas for Ruiz and Dallas's DP Slot.

(if that works, I will have many many reasons to hate LA)
Old 05-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #129
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ruiz is coming back?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #130
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola:

The rumor is that this is the precursor to a trade that would send Albright and Jaqua to FC Dallas for Ruiz and Dallas's DP Slot.

(if that works, I will have many many reasons to hate LA)

FC Dallas would get ripped on that deal unless they really just had to get rid of Ruiz. Jaqua and Cooper are basically the same player.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #131
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

apparently, Ruiz was two days late coming back from Guatemala, and got sat down for a game, and there's a conflict brewing..
Old 05-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #132
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ruiz was always one of those "If I was only 4 inches taller" kind of player
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #133
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
LA Galaxy sign another international player, Portugese defender Abel Xavier through this season and next (he had been out of contract at Middlesborough.

wow! i once signed Abel for my Carlisle team in FM
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #134
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Just saw a replay of that Toronto v. Chicago game on FSC just now. Boy, that Toronto crowd actually made MLS look like a proper football league.

Awesome.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #135
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yeah I was watching it too. I was trying to nap on Saturday when the game was on live. I saw the first goal and the equalizer then turned it off and went to sleep. The soccer specific stadiums will go a long way towards helping that appearance, too, but yeah, great atmosphere.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #136
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Yeah I was watching it too. I was trying to nap on Saturday when the game was on live. I saw the first goal and the equalizer then turned it off and went to sleep. The soccer specific stadiums will go a long way towards helping that appearance, too, but yeah, great atmosphere.

Agreed, the SSS will help tons. No one can really sound loud in a cavernous ballpark without the fans to go with it.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-14-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #137
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
apparently, Ruiz was two days late coming back from Guatemala, and got sat down for a game, and there's a conflict brewing..

If Ruiz was dealt, FC Dallas would no doubt be my favorite team. I just do not think that Jaqua is who they should get.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #138
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The city of Houston signs a deal with the Dynamo for an exclusive bargaining period with regards to a new stadium (near Minute Maid Park)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4803780.html
Old 05-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #139
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

What's up with the Fire? After starting out 3-0-1, they've lost three straight, including a game last night at home against FC Dallas that they had no business losing.

14 Corners for the Fire to only 1 for Dallas, and they still lose 2-1?

Also it looks like Toronto is going to be a very tough place to get a Win the rest of the way. This may end up being one of those kinds of teams that has a bit of a split personality, home vs. away.

Last edited by MylesKnight : 05-18-2007 at 09:12 AM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #140
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Over the past 6-7 years or so I think the Fire have beaten FC Dallas maybe twice. There is something about them that Dave Sarachan hasn't been able to figure out.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:29 PM   #141
Easy Mac

About 400 people at the NY-CLB game. I've seen more people at battery games in bad weather.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:20 PM   #142
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Weak attendance but great RBNY-Chicago game. We went up 2-0 in 2:16 and cruised from there. Juan Pablo Angel and Jose Altidore together = da shizzle.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #143
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Angel is ridiculous. He is the best player I have ever seen in MLS. The guy can flat out play football. He is not selfish, he works hard, and it defends his teammates. Altidore will learn from him hopefully.

I am not sure what was more pitiful: Chicago or the crowd? The Fire were awful in the attack against a makeshift Red Bulls defense. The only attack they had was to run right at the central defenders. The Fire have no young talent except for Mapp and Rolfe, who are inconsistent. I could see this team sucking badly down the road.

New York, you have a good team with an excellent player. Go out and watch them.

Are the Redbulls in the Superliga this year?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #144
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
New York, you have a good team with an excellent player. Go out and watch them.

ZERO promotion this year relative to last year. I think they're simply waiting for the new stadium, which could backfire because I think they've run into delays.

The offical attendance was 9,357, but I think there was 7K maximum in the place. There was a legit 20K there last night for Ireland-Ecuador, so it was easy to make the relative comparison.

Quote:
Are the Redbulls in the Superliga this year?

No, and they're already out of the US Open Cup. I think that's actually a good thing, as I think being able to focus on nothing but the league gives them a tremendous chance of finishing top 4 and qualifying for the SuperLiga next year, and hopefully making a run at the Supporters Shield (the true fan's title).
Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #145
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
No, and they're already out of the US Open Cup. I think that's actually a good thing, as I think being able to focus on nothing but the league gives them a tremendous chance of finishing top 4 and qualifying for the SuperLiga next year, and hopefully making a run at the Supporters Shield (the true fan's title).

I would have really liked to see them in SuperLiga. I think they are the one MLS team that is playing like they could win it right now. They also have the depth to make a run at it. Galaxy are awful, but you have to get Beckham in there.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #146
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Is it safe to say Eddie Johnson is back? Perhaps Fozzie can answer that for us?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #147
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is it safe to say Eddie Johnson is back? Perhaps Fozzie can answer that for us?

I KEEL HIM NOW!
Old 05-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #148
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

And the defending champs ring up loss number 5 on the season. Not a good way to start a title defense. I hope they wake up and start getting some goals.

Between these guys and the Astros 7 game losing streak, it's a tough start to summer.....
Old 05-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #149
PilotMan
Head Coach

No kidding, there were some real surprises yesterday. The whole Eddie Johnson thing blows my mind. Just proves to you that most of his problems are mental.

18000+ people in Springs to see the Rapids. Yeah for the MLS and US soccer. Let's hope it wasn't get in free day there. Likely they saw Galaxy and thousands of fans thought that Beckham would be there.

It really seems to me that the MLS is more this year. Moire what I don't know. It feels good.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #150
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

It really seems to me that the MLS is more this year. Moire what I don't know. It feels good.

More good players, definitely. Donovan, Beckham, Reyna, Angel - these are proven international players. Don't forget Wales' Carl Robinson in there as well

Surely this has got to be a watershed year for the league with the hype of the Beckham signing and the increase in the quality of the play. I'd have thought if franchises like the Red Bulls are losing money and falling attendance figures at the end of the year it is going to send sponsors running for the hills.

Toronto have been a great addition - I would like to see the Vancouver area considered for any future expansion because the Whitecaps have always been pretty well supported IIRC.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote