Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-26-2006, 01:15 AM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Is it All-Conference or All-American that doesn't give any boosts to either team? All-Conference is the middle of 5 difficulty levels, but I seem to remember All-American (4th of 5) being the balanced one, too.

I'm using All-Conference, the 3rd of 5. Everything I remember says that is the balanced one and All-American gives a slight boost to the AI.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #102
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Finally got in some time with the game. First the good.
Used Eaglesfan27's settings which produced a very solid simulation of a game of basketball. Just a very enjoyable experience. Preseason Black and Gold game with my Iowa Hawkeyes. I controlled the first team and ended up losing 90-88. With more experience I think the defense will tighten up and the score, while not unbelievable, will come down to a more realistic total.

Now for the BAD .

If you look at my posts you will see I rarely rant about a game. I have to rant about something in this game though.

First thing is somewhat minor but you can't sort your roster by class. Nor is there a list of how many players from each class you have at each position. Unless I'm just missing it somewhere in the menus? So, you have to look at every card to determine what class your players are in so you can determine your recruiting needs.

Now for the one that just may be a game killer for me. I play with the Iowa Hawkeyes and any team screen (player cards, rosters, etc) the attributes are displayed as white type on a bright yellow background. On my HDTV they are virtually unreadable.

Why would anyone design something like this? Couldn't they have used the Hawkeye black for the background? I opened a player card so I could look at all his attributes on one screen. All the ratings are in nice black numbers on a white background. All the categories are in white on a yellow background. I literally can't read any of the categories, the card is useless. The only way for me to see them is on the full roster screen. Then I have to highlight the player below the one I want to look at creating an underline effect and letting me see his ratings in black on white. It's still not easy as the column headers are? You guessed it white on yellow. Plus you can't see everything at once you have to scroll the screen right to left. What a pain in the ass.

For those thinking about buying the game Iowa is not the only team with this problem. While looking through the Big Ten I see Minnesota has the same problem. I thought about using Iowa State just so I could enjoy the game (not a thrilling thought though) and while looking at the Big 12 I see Missouri also uses the white on yellow.

The hdtv I'm playing on is a conventional tube tv, it's not the latest and greatest but it shows a damn nice hd picture. I can't see where these menus would be any clearer with a different setup (but I could be wrong). The point though is why even design something like this. Why not "dark on light" or "light on dark"?

I'm going to go back and give it another try to see if I can get past this but I really don't see how. And that is a shame because the game itself, from the little I have played, seems to be excellent and one I would enjoy for a long time.

Rant over.

To the guys with nba 2k7, do you see this with the Lakers (specifically) or any other teams in general? If not I may have to trade this game in for nba.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to hear that Sweed. Nicholls State roster is very readable on my HDTV. Whenever, I get a chance (might not be until tomorrow) I'll check out Iowa and see how their roster looks on my TV.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #104
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Sorry to hear that Sweed. Nicholls State roster is very readable on my HDTV. Whenever, I get a chance (might not be until tomorrow) I'll check out Iowa and see how their roster looks on my TV.

Thanks EF27. Sorry, to vent but it's just frustrating when, in a game this good, out of hundreds of teams the one you want to play with has issues. I know I could play with others but driving home, game in hand, I was thinking how much fun it is to have to go into places like Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, etc and face the hostile crowds. Just wouldn't be the same for me playing with anyone else.

I did go back and look at other teams and found that at least Minnesota and Missouri are a shade of yellow that allow you to read the text but it's still not real clear. Even Colorado with white on gold is fairly hard to see but readable.
Iowa is the only one I've found that is just a disaster. Note if you do get the time to look you can read the roster\team card of Iowa though it is hard to see. It's the player cards, at least for me, that are just plain unreadable.

I did find if I went to "team stats" I could click on the team name to get a team card that does have a table showing positions and number of players from each class. It's white on yellow, of course, but can be read like the roster screen. This at least helps some.

I'll give it a few days and see if once I know the team it doesn't bother me as much. If that doesn't work I may see if someone here would want to trade their nba2k7 for it. Bought it yesterday and Gamestop will give me a whopping $25 to trade it for nba2k7, that's not going to happen. I'll keep it first
Old 11-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #105
Icy
Pro Starter

When is going to be released the ps2 version?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #106
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
When is going to be released the ps2 version?

JB, is that you? (grin, duck and Run)
Old 11-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #107
rexallllsc
Banned

This game is HARD on Starter. haha
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #108
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Whew, I just had some tough games vs. Vermont and Tulane. Vermont beat me by 12 or 14 (can't remember which), but I had to come back from being down 20, and I got the deficit to single digits before Vermont put me away. The game against Tulane was back and forth throughout the contest, but I pulled out a 78-71 win.

Next up is Florida State. We're gonna get rocked.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just checked and Iowa also has White lettering on a bright yellow background for the categories on player cards on my TV. It is readable for me, but annoying nonetheless. Sweed, maybe you can adjust tint, contrast, or something to make it more readable?

Anyway, time to see if we can beat the mighty Stephen F Austin Team in our first conference game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-26-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #110
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Just checked and Iowa also has White lettering on a bright yellow background for the categories on player cards on my TV. It is readable for me, but annoying nonetheless. Sweed, maybe you can adjust tint, contrast, or something to make it more readable?
I thought about just trying my shades

I may fiddle with the tv (kind of hate to when everything else looks good)or maybe just make a little cheat sheet with all the categories and keep it next to me. Where there's a will there's a way.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #111
Izulde
Head Coach

Walked into La Crosse Best Buy.

Saw last copy of NCAA College Hoops 2K7 360 sitting there.

Grabbed and bought.

Though I probably won't get a chance to play until this weekend at the very earliest.. and it'd be a test run, since I need to send in my 360 to get it fixed.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #112
jbmagic
Pro Starter

How is coach mode in this year version?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yes! Won my first conference game over Stephen F Austin by running and running a lot. Noticed they had a great C and much more size, but our guys were faster at almost every position and if I played my backup PG along with my starters and took out my PF we had a great speed advantage. It worked well and my guys hit plenty of key 3's. Won 81-77.

Another cool thing - My starting 5 had a unity of 52 at the beginning of the year and it dropped down to about 20-30 if I brought in 3 or more backups. Now, I can bring in 3 backups and it doesn't drop as far as guys are getting more used to playing with each. Also, my starting 5 now has a unity of 62. I think that helped against Stephen A Austin which had an overall rating that was 5 points better but a team unity that was only 44.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-26-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #114
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Ah, team unity. I think I beat Tulane partly because their team unity was only 42 at the beginning of the game, while mine was around 55. I don't know what Florida State's is, but they'll probably wipe the floor with me anyway.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #115
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes! Won my first conference game over Stephen F Austin by running and running a lot. Noticed they had a great C and much more size, but our guys were faster at almost every position and if I played my backup PG along with my starters and took out my PF we had a great speed advantage. It worked well and my guys hit plenty of key 3's. Won 81-77.

Another cool thing - My starting 5 had a unity of 52 at the beginning of the year and it dropped down to about 20-30 if I brought in 3 or more backups. Now, I can bring in 3 backups and it doesn't drop as far as guys are getting more used to playing with each. Also, my starting 5 now has a unity of 62. I think that helped against Stephen A Austin which had an overall rating that was 5 points better but a team unity that was only 44.

This post alone has convinced me to buy this game.

Has anyone seen any posts elsewhere discussing sim stats? I don't know if I'll want to play out every single game.

How much time does it take to play a game where you get realistic stats?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #116
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I'd say that each game takes me about an hour, and I'm playing 20-minute halves. If you don't want to play that many minutes per half, I guess you could keep the game speed up around 50 (mine is at 35 on a scale of 1-100, EaglesFan27's is at 38) or something like that. I'd imagine that your foul numbers would be low, but your other stats could be OK, depending on your style of play.

To go off on a bit of a tangent, I haven't compared my statistics to real NCAA numbers, but I have a feeling that they're reasonable. I probably won't even compare them because I'm having too much fun with the game. I don't really want to overanalyze the numbers and mess with sliders to try to get the stats to be perfect. Unless some statistic jumps out at me as being really bad, I'm going to leave things as they are. I have a feeling that the number of blocked shots is low, so I might mess with that a little bit, but everything else feels great, so I kinda don't want to touch the sliders much more.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #117
Phototropic
Mascot

Is anyone playing good D on MOP? My offense is just right on that level, but my guys are clueless on D. Probably need to adjust sliders, but I'm curious if anyone has done well.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #118
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Spleen t

The good thing about 2k games is you can also set the sims stats minutes the same as your game play mins so the stats will match up on sim games.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This post alone has convinced me to buy this game.

Has anyone seen any posts elsewhere discussing sim stats? I don't know if I'll want to play out every single game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
Is anyone playing good D on MOP? My offense is just right on that level, but my guys are clueless on D. Probably need to adjust sliders, but I'm curious if anyone has done well.

I'm seeing decent stats in my simmed games, although my upset of LSU seemed off with LSU having horrible shooting. However, over the first half of my season looking at all teams, it certainly seems to look good on first glance. However, I haven't delved really deep into stat analysis.

I'm still taking *about* an hour per game with 20 minute halves. Some games with lots of play stoppage are a bit longer, some are a bit shorter.

Just out of curiousity, Phototropic, what defense are you primarily using? My guys were horrendous until I went to a 2-3 which helps cover for our lack of interior size. Of course, we now give up the 3 ball too much, but it seems like our best chance to win until I get some more size and defensive prowess on the team.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #120
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
I'm seeing decent stats in my simmed games, although my upset of LSU seemed off with LSU having horrible shooting. However, over the first half of my season looking at all teams, it certainly seems to look good on first glance. However, I haven't delved really deep into stat analysis.

I'm still taking *about* an hour per game with 20 minute halves. Some games with lots of play stoppage are a bit longer, some are a bit shorter.

Just out of curiousity, Phototropic, what defense are you primarily using? My guys were horrendous until I went to a 2-3 which helps cover for our lack of interior size. Of course, we now give up the 3 ball too much, but it seems like our best chance to win until I get some more size and defensive prowess on the team.
I'm using Marshall who defaults to a 2-3 Matchup Zone which I take to mean is a 2-3 zone initially where my guys then man up to the nearest defender. But I typically run man since I hate giving up those wide open looks for 3. I may go back to zone more and see if that helps. My main issue is I give up a lot of backdoor passes for easy layups.

They have a 3 guard lineup and aren't very good so I may just have to suck it up and give up the looks for 3 like you said.

Last edited by Phototropic : 11-27-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
I'm using Marshall who defaults to a 2-3 Matchup Zone which I take to mean is a 2-3 zone initially where my guys then man up to the nearest defender. But I typically run man since I hate giving up those wide open looks for 3. I may go back to zone more and see if that helps. My main issue is I give up a lot of backdoor passes for easy layups.

They have a 3 guard lineup and aren't very good so I may just have to suck it up and give up the looks for 3 like you said.

I was getting KILLED with back door passes too until I went to the 2-3. I still give them up occasionally, but it is much less frequent. On the plus side, I love how the AI works me over attacking wherever my weakness is. I'm hoping once I move to a bigger program and get some better defenders that I'll be able to play an attacking style of defense.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #122
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
I was getting KILLED with back door passes too until I went to the 2-3. I still give them up occasionally, but it is much less frequent. On the plus side, I love how the AI works me over attacking wherever my weakness is. I'm hoping once I move to a bigger program and get some better defenders that I'll be able to play an attacking style of defense.
Cool, I'll try it. The one game I've won was UNC over Duke, so there is definitely a difference in defense as you get better.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:02 AM   #123
Phototropic
Mascot

I stuck with zone more and lost 49-73 which sounds horrible but it was the best D I've played. They shot 37% overall and I somehow managed to shoot 17% in the 2nd half. I was down 6 at half.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #124
spleen1015
Coordinator

Do the default fictional players have names or are they just numbers? If they are just numbers, can I have the game give them names when I start a legacy?

What's the scoop? Just like to know before I pick up the game today.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #125
TroyF
Coordinator

You have the choice of letting it use numbers or generate fictional names.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #126
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
You have the choice of letting it use numbers or generate fictional names.

Ecellent. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:41 AM   #127
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Got some time to play the game and am really enjoying it. Messed with the tv settings and can at least read the player cards now for my Hawkeyes. Though it's still not easy it's not enough reason quit playing the game.

2-1 with the Hawks beating Citadel and Toledo with the loss coming to 18th rated Alabama (I'm ranked 23) in a close game. Actually had a 5 point lead with about 2 minutes left but increased pressure from Alabama created a couple of steals and they ended up winning the game.

Great game needing little tweaking out of the box (at least so far). Been getting good results using EF27's settings. The game feels good, I have to work to get shots and work on defense to stop the opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
Do the default fictional players have names or are they just numbers? If they are just numbers, can I have the game give them names when I start a legacy?

What's the scoop? Just like to know before I pick up the game today.
Yesterday 12:02 AM

Rather than spend the money for the transfer kit I let the game generate names. It's not a lot of money but couldn't see spending it for this when all the names will be out of the game in four seasons. What I did instead, since I'm Iowa, was take my old usb keyboard and type in the rosters of the Big Ten teams. Took about 15 minutes to copy rosters into notepad and print them. And then another hour+ to type them into the game. Good enough for my world, YMMV.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #128
spleen1015
Coordinator

I got the game yesterday. I think I need to work on my late game strategy. When I first fired up the game, I played a rivalry game between Butler and Ball St. I was leading by 7 with 3 minutes to go and ended up losing by 2.

After getting familiar with the on court play, I started a closed legacy with Univeristy of Maryland - Eastern Shore. Since I'm from that area, I figured I would give them a shot.

I struggled early. I was playing a 2-3 zone and they hit 7 of 12 3 pointers in the first half. I was down by 9 at halftime. So, to start the 2nd half, I came out Man to Man and my team played much better. I ended up tying the game at 65 with 22 seconds left. Then they hit a 3 with 9 seconds left. I didn't have any timeouts, so I hustle up the floor and missed a 3 at the buzzer.

In my second game, Navy just waxed me, 72-45. I don't know what happened. My guys weren't hitting anything. My big men could hit anything inside and Navy dominated the boards on both ends. They switched up defense on me quite a bit. When they were playing Man to Man, I was able to get some open looks. After I scored a couple of times, they switched to the 2-3 and my guys weren't anything outside. This is how they managed to pull away in the middle of the first half. I was down 9 at halftime.

I'm playing on the starter level. This is my first shot at a basketball console game since NBA Live on the Genesis. So, I'll see how I do on this difficulty. I haven't touched any of the sliders either. The AI is taking a lot of 3's when I play the 2-3 Zone. They're open looks, so I can't complain about that. I think I need to adjust how many they are making, though. Both Wagner and Navy shot over 60% on me from 3 point range. That's too high. The guy who hit the game winning 3 against me for Wagner was 8-10 on 3 pointers and he only attempted 12 shots.

I like the free throw mechanism. I don't find myself hitting every free throw. Even when I have an OK release, guys who have bad skills are missing and guys who have good skills are hitting them.

So far, I like the game. I get to play Duke and Virginia in my next 2 games. So, I should get my ass kicked pretty good.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #129
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I just got an email from FK saying his rosters are ready. I do not have the game yet personally, but I thought I would give everyone a heads up about it.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #130
Izulde
Head Coach

Where do you find out your team unity and confidence levels for players?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #131
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Where do you find out your team unity and confidence levels for players?

I believe it is the last option within the Coaching Menu during the game.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #132
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I just got an email from FK saying his rosters are ready. I do not have the game yet personally, but I thought I would give everyone a heads up about it.

Just to add a URL to this:

hxxp://fkrosters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1693

No word on when the original XBox rosters will be out.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #133
spleen1015
Coordinator

I guess Duke isn't very good in my legacy. I beat them tonight 82-73. Taking a look, they are 0-3 after losing to me. I'm wondering why I had such a hard time with Wagner and Navy, but not Duke.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #134
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I just simmed through a season as my Wright State team. We were 13-16, but then won all 3 conf. tourney games to make the NCAA as a #16 seed. Thankfully, we avoided the play-in game. The winner of the play-in game was High Point...who then beat the #1 seed in the opening round. And the #8 seed in the second round. And the #5 seed in the sweet 16. Their dream run was ended by #3 seed Ohio State in the Elite Eight. They only lost by 7. Also in that bracket, #3 seed Ohio State beat #15 seed Florida A&M in the round of 8.

One other weird thing was that Iowa was a #15 seed. I didn't look at their record, but that didn't make sense.

The selection show is fan-freaking-tastic. This may be the coolest thing since the weekly Sportscenter highlights from NFL 2k5. One more year of polish and these shows would be even better. I wish they had an option to watch in-season shows about a particular conference. It's neat to see the nationwide thing, but maybe also the option to watch a show about your conference (no matter how small) would be really cool.

I'm renting this game this week, then I gotta decide if I wanna buy it or not. I already own NBA 2k7, so I don't know if I need this one. Oh the choices!!!

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 11-30-2006 at 01:59 PM.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #135
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I picked this game up on Monday and can't stop playing it. It's pissing me off because I want to play NCAA Football 2007 but I can't!!!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #136
Porscheboy16
n00b

Quote:
I got the game yesterday. I think I need to work on my late game strategy. When I first fired up the game, I played a rivalry game between Butler and Ball St. I was leading by 7 with 3 minutes to go and ended up losing by 2.

After getting familiar with the on court play, I started a closed legacy with Univeristy of Maryland - Eastern Shore. Since I'm from that area, I figured I would give them a shot.

I struggled early. I was playing a 2-3 zone and they hit 7 of 12 3 pointers in the first half. I was down by 9 at halftime. So, to start the 2nd half, I came out Man to Man and my team played much better. I ended up tying the game at 65 with 22 seconds left. Then they hit a 3 with 9 seconds left. I didn't have any timeouts, so I hustle up the floor and missed a 3 at the buzzer.

In my second game, Navy just waxed me, 72-45. I don't know what happened. My guys weren't hitting anything. My big men could hit anything inside and Navy dominated the boards on both ends. They switched up defense on me quite a bit. When they were playing Man to Man, I was able to get some open looks. After I scored a couple of times, they switched to the 2-3 and my guys weren't anything outside. This is how they managed to pull away in the middle of the first half. I was down 9 at halftime.

I'm playing on the starter level. This is my first shot at a basketball console game since NBA Live on the Genesis. So, I'll see how I do on this difficulty. I haven't touched any of the sliders either. The AI is taking a lot of 3's when I play the 2-3 Zone. They're open looks, so I can't complain about that. I think I need to adjust how many they are making, though. Both Wagner and Navy shot over 60% on me from 3 point range. That's too high. The guy who hit the game winning 3 against me for Wagner was 8-10 on 3 pointers and he only attempted 12 shots.

I like the free throw mechanism. I don't find myself hitting every free throw. Even when I have an OK release, guys who have bad skills are missing and guys who have good skills are hitting them.

So far, I like the game. I get to play Duke and Virginia in my next 2 games. So, I should get my ass kicked pretty good.

What part? Grew up in Salisbury.
To keep on topic, got a nice deal on this game for $35. Hoping to play it when it comes in the mail.
Porscheboy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #137
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Anyone else think that blocking fouls on a drive to the hoop end up with the home team getting free throws while the visitor ends up with the foul on the floor and the ball out of bounds?

I've only played out 5 games with 3 on the road so far in my legacy so this admittedly is a small sample. But in a game I just completed, Iowa (I'm Iowa) at VT, I was called three times for blocks when VT drove to the hoop. All three they were awarded either the hoop and one or two FT's. Twice with me in the same situation the foul was on the floor and I only got the ball out of bounds.

In the replays all of the calls looked like close judgement calls that could go either way. I'm not here to argue when a foul is on the floor or not, only commenting that all of the calls seemed to go to the home team and am curious if others are seeing the same. This is not a bad thing IMHO if there is some randomness to it. Just think it is cool if this is part of the homecourt advantage, as long as it's not overdone.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #138
Izulde
Head Coach

So I'm 3-0 with Morehead State (including knocking off Penn State) when I get the lovely red ring. *sigh* It worked out though, because I lost out on the C I really wanted, who went to Evansville of all places and the SG I was going after was superfluous because I had a frosh SG who was playing much better than his ratings.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #139
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So I'm 3-0 with Morehead State (including knocking off Penn State) when I get the lovely red ring. *sigh* It worked out though, because I lost out on the C I really wanted, who went to Evansville of all places and the SG I was going after was superfluous because I had a frosh SG who was playing much better than his ratings.

what is the "red ring"
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #140
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscheboy16 View Post
What part? Grew up in Salisbury.
To keep on topic, got a nice deal on this game for $35. Hoping to play it when it comes in the mail.

My parents live in Willards. I graduated from Parkside in '94.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #141
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I played my game against Florida State last night. They had an 81-56 lead on me with about 12 minutes to go. My wife glanced at the screen, saw the score, and said, "You really need to pick it up!" Well, my Privateers did exactly that. The Seminoles' shooting got ice cold, and my guys started hitting their jump shots. We tore up Florida State for the final 12 minutes of the game. It was great.

We still lost 100-92.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:21 PM   #142
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I played my game against Florida State last night. They had an 81-56 lead on me with about 12 minutes to go. My wife glanced at the screen, saw the score, and said, "You really need to pick it up!" Well, my Privateers did exactly that. The Seminoles' shooting got ice cold, and my guys started hitting their jump shots. We tore up Florida State for the final 12 minutes of the game. It was great.

We still lost 100-92.

How many offensive plays can you assign to your playbook? The same like NBA 2k7?

How is coach mode?
Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #143
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
How many offensive plays can you assign to your playbook? The same like NBA 2k7?
It appears that there are only four plays to assign to the d-pad. I don't see a way to call "alternate" plays by using the left trigger or something. It's mildly annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
How is coach mode?
I don't know. After disliking last year's coach mode, I have no desire to try it again.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #144
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
It appears that there are only four plays to assign to the d-pad. I don't see a way to call "alternate" plays by using the left trigger or something. It's mildly annoying.

I have the 360 version (not sure which you have), but I can assign w/ the left trigger.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #145
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I might pick this up someone this weekend if I can talk the girlfriend into letting me get it somehow.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #146
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc View Post
I have the 360 version (not sure which you have), but I can assign w/ the left trigger.
Yeah, I'm on the 360 version, too. I've seen where you can assign plays to the left trigger+d-pad combination, but I can't seem to actually call the left trigger plays during a game.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #147
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I'm on the 360 version, too. I've seen where you can assign plays to the left trigger+d-pad combination, but I can't seem to actually call the left trigger plays during a game.

Initially, there aren't any assigned to the left trigger. I'm absolutely sure that you can do it.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #148
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Initially, there aren't any assigned to the left trigger. I'm absolutely sure that you can do it.
Thanks. I'll fool with it when I play again.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #149
Porscheboy16
n00b

Quote:
My parents live in Willards. I graduated from Parkside in '94.

Went to Parkside from 2001-2004, transfered to Bennett and graduated in '05.
Porscheboy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #150
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't understand this game sometimes. Maybe I am expecting to much from my sorry ass players.

In my UMES Legacy, I have managed to go 2-8 through the first 10 games. I've beaten Duke and Howard. I've gotten waxed by Navy, Virginia, Wichita St., and Kansas St.

my last 2 games have been to same sorta game. Play even for the first 6 minutes, build at 6-10 point lead going into halftime. Then, maintain that lead untail about 6 minutes to go and have my FG% plummet.

I lost by 13 to Kennesaw St after being up 12 with 6:30 to go. My guys stopped making close shots and layups and they couldn't miss. I lost by 13 because of the fouling at the end of the game trying to get back in it.

In my last game against West Viriginia, I was in the lead from the opening tip. I was up 7-0 before they scored. I was up 13 at the half. I was blown away. I figured I would get blown out like I did against Virginia, 46 points. Coming out in the second half, they switched up on me, but I was able to score without issue. Then, with about 6 minutes to go, same thing happened. My guys stopped hitting shots. My SG, was having a hell of a game. He had 24 points, and was 9/10 from the field, 4/4 for 3 pointers. He missed 8 shots in that last 6 minutes.

Frustrating, to say the least.