Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 PM   #101
Coop
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yeah, it seems very interesting as far as the numbers go. Maybe the 5 Cylons are actually Humanity's Gods in Cylon form?

Oh, and I agree with the poster who said Baltar seems to be the "prophesied one" the Cylon basestar captain thing was talking about. Though those hints could have just meant to throw us for a loop and it is actually Chief.. or Adm Adama, or whoever.

I remember reading a theory that said the 12 cylon models are the reincarnation of the 12 gods of kobal. Ill have to look for it because it was a good read.

Quote:
Well, it was not only that...iirc #6 wrote parts of Baltar's software that was installed on pretty much all the Battlestars/Vipers, it was by making a backdoor into that which allowed the Cylons to so easily destroy the Colonial navy.

In the mini-series Six said she wrote a majority of the software..that's how the cylons were able to infiltrate the network,etc.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #102
Bad-example
College Starter

Heads up!

Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #103
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe I was just in a bad mood last night, but I found the new episode to be kind of meh.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #104
Synovia
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Same thing with dog tags -- there is a history of dog tags going back to at least ancient Rome. If those things are bothering, I think you're just looking for things to be bothered by.

C'mon...my dog doesnt even have tags anymore. He's got an implanted RFID. You can lose tags.. you can't lose an implant.
Synovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #105
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Maybe I was just in a bad mood last night, but I found the new episode to be kind of meh.

I enjoyed it. I thought it handled the various plot lines going on pretty well and it sets up a rather interesting situation with the traitorous president returning to the humans.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #106
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

baltar coming back was a good plot point. starbuck and apollo in love...not so good.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #107
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
C'mon...my dog doesnt even have tags anymore. He's got an implanted RFID. You can lose tags.. you can't lose an implant.

Good lord let it go already, the props have little to nothing to do with the story, follow the story already.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #108
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I could do without the love plotline. Actually, the mythology stuff annoys me a bit too.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #109
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Nah, the mythology stuff is a major part of the fun. It allows the story to go somewhere rather than just cat and mouse until everyone gets tired and takes their ball and goes home.

And I like the differing religions and how both groups deal with successes and setbacks taking that into account.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #110
amdaily
College Prospect

I dunno, maybe its the long layoffs mid-season, or maybe the show has gotten worse since the beginning, but not something I just *have* to see anymore.
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #111
Bee
Pro Starter

I agree with Kodos, the whole love plotline is something I could do without. I think it has really taken away from my enjoyment of the show.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #112
John Galt
Pro Starter

I don't mind the love story too much. It is a distraction sometimes, but I actually liked the boxing episode, so it doesn't really disturb me. My guess is that they are moving away from it a bit (or they could combine it into the mythology stuff with Starbuck now having some sort of destiny). I love the myth elements of the story and without those, I probably wouldn't watch at all. Overall, it is still one of the few shows on TV that I consider "must see" (Lost, House, and strangely, Top Chef, being the others).
Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #113
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/02/09/si...ttlestar_game/
Old 02-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #114
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Is it blasphemy to wish the show would return to the New Caprica formula? I really haven't liked it much at all since they left.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #115
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Is it blasphemy to wish the show would return to the New Caprica formula? I really haven't liked it much at all since they left.

yes that was a terrible plot path and the episodes it created during the exodus from new caprica were the best episodes of sci -fi ever created.

BLASPHEMER!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #116
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Not sure what happened, but I missed the episode from last sunday. Tivo didn't grab it for some reason.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #117
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread back up. Not that anything was spoiled for me, I just have no idea what is being talked about.

I just started watching the show, and have not seen anything from seasons 2 and 3 yet. In fact I just finished going back and watching the pilot episode/movie. Getting close to the end of season one though. Love the show.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #118
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Not sure what happened, but I missed the episode from last sunday. Tivo didn't grab it for some reason.

Don't worry. It appears they didn't want to compete against the SuperBowl so didn't have a new ep.

Unless you meant the 11th.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #119
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Don't worry. It appears they didn't want to compete against the SuperBowl so didn't have a new ep.

Unless you meant the 11th.

Did I miss an episode where they move all of the Sagatarians to the Galactica? I don't remember seeing that, but it was on the preview.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #120
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Looks like I didn't miss anything...although I feel like I did.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #121
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Looks like I didn't miss anything...although I feel like I did.

I feel the same way. But then again, even though I feel as though I missed something I guess I didn't. This Sagitarian episode seemed like an hour-long "filler" episode to me.

At least things look to get more interesting in the coming weeks.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #122
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Anyone who saw the sagitarian episode, I swear to god Helo actually says "fuckin'" instead of "frackin" in one scene. It's the scene where his wife tells him he simply needs to do his job.

"Yeah, you know what... you're right. it's me. it's all in my fuckin head."

I rewound like 5 times and hear absolutely no trace of an "R" in there at all....
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 AM   #123
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. It was one of the rare times where it could earn accolades like "Best show on television". Such episodes have been rare, in my opinion, and this one has probably lured me back into watching the show on a regular basis. I'm hopeful for more of this, and less of pretty much all other story lines we'd been seeing this season.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #124
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Last nights episode was strong. Very nice to see some background on Adama. The high drama was cookie cutter, but still strong overall.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #125
watravaler
High School JV

I'm not a big fan of the soap-opera-ish storylines. The show has lost some luster.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #126
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I really liked the episode as well. The backstory on Adama was pretty good and his ex-wife yelling at him was pretty fun. With Chief and Cally seemingly good now (I'm assuming that's the upshot), I'm guessing they move on to other things after playing in the personal lives. Lee and D have made up and now Lee has lost a drinking partner .

It seems next week will involve Chief again, but this time in a sort of mutiny. And did I catch that right, or did it seem that Cally was influenced by something Baltar said?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:08 AM   #127
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Another weak episode. We're firmly in the filler zone of this season.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #128
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Wholly frackin' crap. I'm still sitting here stunned. I'm writing someone vaguely on the offhand chance that someone wanders in here and doesn't want a spoiler, but I didn't see this one coming at all. There's a couple of articles online that deal with tonight's episode -- one confirming that what we just saw did indeed happen, and other from the actor involved saying they were shocked when they read the script for this episode.

I don't know what to say. Ballsy, but I'm not sure a good thing. I'm sure this will generate speculation since there was a scene earlier in the episode setting up the possibility that what we saw may not be what happened, and there will be plenty of conjecture about whether there are Cylon possibilities involved (I doubt it).

I'll give them credit for both keeping this under wraps and doing it in the first place. I just don't know what this makes of the show now. Just ... damn.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 03-04-2007 at 10:11 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #129
SFL Cat
College Starter

Haven't watched this season. Still prefer the original, cheese and all, over this one.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #130
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I really don't have a problem with it. The character was pretty well written into a box. I hope this is actually good for the series. It has been pretty uninspiring, one good episode out of eight doesn't cut it. Oh, and this wasn't one of the one out of eight.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #131
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I'll give them credit for both keeping this under wraps and doing it in the first place. I just don't know what this makes of the show now. Just ... damn.

This plot twist was leaked in early December. Tv Guide even reported on what would happen and later printed an interview with the creators that discussed this episode(and future ones).

After it was leaked this character apparently reported it on their website as well. I havent looked so I dont know if thats true or not.

As for what actually happened.....I think it is VERY open ended. There was at least 3 possible results I can see. I dont want to get into it yet until everyone has a chance to see it, but it should be interesting.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #132
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Spoiler - you've been warned

well, this obviously could be the "main character is a cylon" promise that they made for this season and she pops back up next week in the vat-o-goo. I can't imagine that this is the end for Starbuck.

I would love if they'd get rid of her for good since I've grown to really despise her character. The sexual conflict between her and Lee is so not interesting and I remember when she got off the raptor on Galactica after they were freed from New Caprica and the little girl's mother came up to claim the child I think they were hoping to jerk some tears from my eyes but I don't think Starbuck deserves it. Her character, to me, has zero redeeming qualities and I think they could've made her at least somewhat sympathetic. Even the childhood abuse thing doesn't register with me.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #133
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Spoiler as well

I'm with those that didn't like the direction Starbuck's character arc had taken. I had hopes they would blow things up and get her back to where she was before this season.

I've done a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers, so I didn't know much. I did read an interview last night with Sackhoff where she said she didn't like where her character was going, but she didn't see this coming. She had a five-season contract, so she's still signed with the show. I couldn't tell from her tone -- which was bitter -- whether she was done with the show or just didn't like what they did.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #134
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

They may somehow pull it off with Starbuck (a character I liked in the first season) but I doubt it. I liked how she was a pain in the ass but did her job well. I even liked how she was always against the grain, but something happened that just made me wish she would get put out an airlock.

Also, the whole Baltar thing is a little hard to fathom. I think they would've torn him limb from limb when he returned. How is it that he isn't a beaten piece of table scraps by now?

I like how they've positioned Chief as the "Man of the People" guy and I can't wait to see Laura do her first shift on the refinery ship.

The show has definitely taken a turn for the worse and has become boring to watch for the most part. I think Moore should've taken the approach of - we are going to do 5 seasons and it will end after 5 no ifs ands or buts - and leave it at that. Find earth or not and give us something to look forward to. As it stands now, who knows where the hell this is going and they are going to write themselves out of a show.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #135
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Link

Last week it was reported that only 13 episodes of BSG will air next season. IF the episode load is increased to the typical 22, then those episodes would be used to wrap up the series.

I dont understand the possible series wrap up. Stargate is ending, The Lost Room wasnt picked up as a full time series, Dresden Files ratings are roughly the same as BSG. The only positive is Eureka from last summer. It appears that Sci Fi has no real direction. Only a few months ago NBC was considering airing BSG on its broadcast channel. I would hate to see this show cancelled.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #136
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I thought it was a really good episode, frankly (even if I'm in a minority and generally liked this season for buidling up the backgrounds of the big players). There wasn't much to do with Starbuck anymore and the great thing with Moore is that he's willing to change everything up. This will definately have an impact on a lot of things and it'll be interesting to see if the 'destiny' continues. Is Starbuck a Cylon? Or will she come back in another form? Interesting questions, IMO.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #137
Easy Mac

I was under the impression that Starbuck left because she got the lead in the Bionic Woman pilot on NBC.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #138
chris3627
n00b

I thought this was the best episode of this mini-half season, proof is that I've watched it again on the 2nd replay right now. Some observations.......I'm not a huge fan of courtroom shows but I'm enjoying it now. I enjoy the scenes with the defense attorney, I look forward to seeing him on the screen. Other than the courtroom cross examination by Lee, the Adama's had some heavy scenes that just seem rushed, and too many snap judgments involved....Tigh's drinking was a bit too much, but one drink never hurt anyone. I think it's just showing his downward spiral but I think it's valid because it leads to the big teaser, who are the 5 cylons? After viewing it again I think the radio and who hears the music has something to do with it. I've counted 2 (Tigh and Starbuck's ex) and maybe a 3rd (president's assistant) who hear the music, it might be some kind of cylon beacon? Everyone thinks Tigh is a drunk, but instead he's a cylon. Hopefully we'll find out soon.
chris3627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:40 PM   #139
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

The prosecuting attorney was a moron for letting a drunk witness take the stand.

A MORON.

Other than that the courtroom stuff was pretty good. And I'm sure Lee feels like a bit of an ass now.

But yeah, the whole Adama family rift was very abrupt, and seemed a contrivance designed solely to generate drama. I could've done without that, and it isn't entirely clear to me how it is going to advance the plot any better than simply having daddy begrudgingly let his son play lawyer for a while. I guess we'll see.

Spoiler
Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #140
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3627 View Post
I thought this was the best episode of this mini-half season, proof is that I've watched it again on the 2nd replay right now. Some observations.......I'm not a huge fan of courtroom shows but I'm enjoying it now. I enjoy the scenes with the defense attorney, I look forward to seeing him on the screen. Other than the courtroom cross examination by Lee, the Adama's had some heavy scenes that just seem rushed, and too many snap judgments involved....Tigh's drinking was a bit too much, but one drink never hurt anyone. I think it's just showing his downward spiral but I think it's valid because it leads to the big teaser, who are the 5 cylons? After viewing it again I think the radio and who hears the music has something to do with it. I've counted 2 (Tigh and Starbuck's ex) and maybe a 3rd (president's assistant) who hear the music, it might be some kind of cylon beacon? Everyone thinks Tigh is a drunk, but instead he's a cylon. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

i thought it was more interesting that the music picked up when the president's assistant was in the bar.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 AM   #141
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm a bit confused here, what the hell does hearing music have to do with being a cylon? And why only now are they hearing the music?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #142
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I'm a bit confused here, what the hell does hearing music have to do with being a cylon? And why only now are they hearing the music?

The following is total speculation...

I assume the music is representing some sort of "awakening" of the Final Five and (again a guess) it is happening now because Starbuck was one of the Five and her death/ressurection is causing the activation of the Final Five.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #143
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
The following is total speculation...

I assume the music is representing some sort of "awakening" of the Final Five and (again a guess) it is happening now because Starbuck was one of the Five and her death/ressurection is causing the activation of the Final Five.

That's an interesting thought. I've heard other speculation that the Final Five are hearing this music because they are getting closer to the nebula/Earth - and presumably their role has something specific to do with Earth.

Spoiler
Old 03-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #144
Easy Mac

Old 03-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #145
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well then.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #146
watravaler
High School JV

What did Starbuck say to Adama?
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #147
Easy Mac

I actually went through the first 3 seasons in the past 2 weeks, so having to wait until 2008 is going to suck for me. The spoilers were correct, though
Spoiler

I'll wait until tomorrow for any discussion for our left coasters.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #148
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post
What did Starbuck say to Adama?

Spoiler
until 2 am est.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:31 AM   #149
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I actually went through the first 3 seasons in the past 2 weeks, so having to wait until 2008 is going to suck for me. The spoilers were correct, though
Spoiler

I'll wait until tomorrow for any discussion for our left coasters.

Spoiler

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #150
Easy Mac

Spoilers Galore at the included link from the creator

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/03/26/ye...season-finale/