Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #101
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I've officially changed my mind on Jonathan... he's annoying, sure, but he's actually playing the game. It's been a while since we had two players who were thinking about the game as much as he and Yul are.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:56 AM   #102
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Great episode. I would have liked to see Adam get voted off because Candace's reaction would have been great. I can't believe that Raro didn't think the Yul had the idol. I think the only people that have been to exile island are Candace, Jonathan, Adam, and Yul. If no one on Raro had it how can they assume that Yul didn't have it especially when they were talking about how smart he is. It looked like Jonathan was trying to get them to consider Yul had the idol so he could them tell them but they're idiots. I hope the five make it to the final five. My order on who I think should win is Yul, Ozzy, Jonathan, Becky, and Sundra.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #103
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Absolutely brilliant strategy bu Yul to convince Jonathan to flip. You'd think Yul would have to at the very least offer the idol to Jonathan for his vote, if not outright give it to him. Instead, he just waves it in front of Jonathan's face like a hypnotist's pocketwatch and Jonathan is helpless. Fantastic strategy.

As usual however, one completely worthless chump will make the final 2 - it always happens - so just prepare yourself now for a Yul/Parvati final pair.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:25 PM   #104
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Absolutely brilliant strategy bu Yul to convince Jonathan to flip. You'd think Yul would have to at the very least offer the idol to Jonathan for his vote, if not outright give it to him. Instead, he just waves it in front of Jonathan's face like a hypnotist's pocketwatch and Jonathan is helpless. Fantastic strategy.
But you're leaving out the best part -- the threat that they'd cast their votes for Jonathan if he didn't agree to join them. It was basically "join us now or you're going home". Blackmail. Brilliant!

Jonathan's only other option was to tell his tribe what happened and arrange to vote for one of the girls instead. But I doubt he has the credibility to steer it that way, and I think he's smart enough to know that.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #105
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Great episode tonight. Jonathan held all of the cards and he did the right thing. He can play it off as he was playing the game and he's assured a higher spot than he would have previously. I don't see how Ozzy or Yul will be voted off unless it's by luck. Ozzy will dominate the physical challenges and Yul is adept at the mental challenges.

Next week's preview looked great! Aitu eats while the others don't!

Don't agree with Jonathan move.

He should of told his tribe that Yul has it and just pick off the others on Yul team first.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 AM   #106
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
But you're leaving out the best part -- the threat that they'd cast their votes for Jonathan if he didn't agree to join them. It was basically "join us now or you're going home". Blackmail. Brilliant!

Jonathan's only other option was to tell his tribe what happened and arrange to vote for one of the girls instead. But I doubt he has the credibility to steer it that way, and I think he's smart enough to know that.

Nah, he had more cards to play. Although Yul threatened they would all vote for him if he did not agree, he could have easily said, yes I agree, but then still vote for Yul. This would have rendered the same result with Nate being gone (second highest vote getter after Yul plays immunity). It would have still been 4-4, but he would have the trust of his original tribe still intact.

However, I think he realized he was no better than 4th in his original tribe, so that would not have helped him - he isn't going to win any individual immunity. He hade to shake it up and try something else. I actually Yul is being honest about telling him he wants him in the final two with him because he knows he will beat him. As Jonathan, I would try to work that angle and then somehow screw Yul and get him voted out near the end.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:56 AM   #107
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post

He should of told his tribe that Yul has it and just pick off the others on Yul team first.

Actually, on second thought this might have been the better play, however, I still don't think he was any better than 4th on his tribe. He has to try and develop something else I think.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #108
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

He did try to tell his tribe. He felt them out and they were too stupid to realize what he was saying. Once he concluded they wouldn't believe him, why go that route?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #109
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
He did try to tell his tribe. He felt them out and they were too stupid to realize what he was saying. Once he concluded they wouldn't believe him, why go that route?
Correctamundo!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #110
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Nah, he had more cards to play. Although Yul threatened they would all vote for him if he did not agree, he could have easily said, yes I agree, but then still vote for Yul. This would have rendered the same result with Nate being gone (second highest vote getter after Yul plays immunity). It would have still been 4-4, but he would have the trust of his original tribe still intact.
So it would be 4-4, he's a clear #4 in his own tribe and now has a huge target from the other tribe. Doesn't sound like a very good option for him.

The way he played it, at least he's on the right side of a 5-3 split. Even though he's a clear #5 he's better off than he would have been.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #111
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I thought it was kind of a risk to show Jonathan the idol so far removed from TC - Jon could have easily blown up Yul's plan, but doing so most likely would have guaranteed Jon getting voted out next TC. Yul shoulda whipped it out on the way to TC to minimize the chance for betrayal, but it worked out. However, unless Yul starts winning immunity, he's gonna be a vote magnet when the numbers start to dwindle.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #112
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
However, unless Yul starts winning immunity, he's gonna be a vote magnet when the numbers start to dwindle.
Will he? There's now seven other players left, and he as an alliance with four of them. The other three view Ozzy as a bigger threat and seem to want to vote for him first. And the four that are on his side know he has the idol, so they may not bother targetting him.

If he plays it right, he could just skate into the final four.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #113
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

True, But his tribe should of just believe him and voted Ozzy or one of the girls on the other tribe off first.

They would have the numbers 5-3 still and they can continue to pick the other tribe off one by one.

There was no reason to voter off Yul that fast yet.

Then on next tribal council they could feel out Yul and vote him out to see if its true he had the immunity. The worse that can happen will be Jonathan voted out and will still have the numbers 4-3. Plus Yul won't be able to use the immunity that he found anymore.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #114
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
True, But his tribe should of just believe him and voted Ozzy or one of the girls on the other tribe off first.

They would have the numbers 5-3 still and they can continue to pick the other tribe off one by one.

There was no reason to voter off Yul that fast yet.

Then on next tribal council they could feel out Yul and vote him out to see if its true he had the immunity. The worse that can happen will be Jonathan voted out and will still have the numbers 4-3. Plus Yul won't be able to use the immunity that he found anymore.

a couple things are wrong with that line of thinking.

- Jonathan has little credibility, or at least I would think, with his new tribe after having turned his back once on his other team.
- Ozzy had the immunity necklace, can't vote him off
- Yul is a much bigger threat than any of the two girls, that is very clear, as much with the intellectual challenges as the strength ones
- You can say "worse that can happen will be Jonathan voted out" when talking about the best course of action for Jonathan. If he ends up being voted out in three days, it would obviously not be the best course of action for him...

FM
Old 11-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #115
Jas_lov
College Starter

I don't think Yul or Ozzy is going anywhere soon barring a crazy twist. I think Yul was telling the truth that he wants Jonathan in the final 2 with him because he's backstabbed everyone and they council probably wouldn't overlook that even if he's played the game better. As others have said, this was the best choice for Jonathan because at the worst he's #5 and at the best he's #2. If he had stayed with his alliance with Raro he was at best #5 because I don't think Raro was smart enough to think that Jonathan is a useful guy to go against in the final 2. If they had actually thought a little bit about who they were voting for and picked one of the girls to vote out because Yul had been to exile island and the girls hadn't Jonathan maybe stays put but he saw them as idiots and made the right switch. I do think as soon as it gets down to 5 that Ozzy needs to run the table in the immunity challenges or he will be gone. Then it would become interesting to see if the girls figure out Yul and Jonathan's pact or not.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #116
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Yul's final two story to Jonathan was brilliant because it gave him a reason to flip. But if he has a choice I doubt he takes him to the final two. He has a friendship with Becky, and if he makes the final two he's winning no matter who he takes. He's managed to dominate physically and intellectually without annoying a single person. If he makes it to the end, he's gold even if it's the pope sitting next to him.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #117
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Yul's final two story to Jonathan was brilliant because it gave him a reason to flip. But if he has a choice I doubt he takes him to the final two. He has a friendship with Becky, and if he makes the final two he's winning no matter who he takes. He's managed to dominate physically and intellectually without annoying a single person. If he makes it to the end, he's gold even if it's the pope sitting next to him.

You know, the 4 people on Yul's tribe would all have a chance to win to make it to the final two and if Ozzy keeps winning immunity, he still has a chance to be there. In fact, I don't mind if anyone from those 4 win it. Jonathan doesn't have any chance to win because he screwed over too many people in the council.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #118
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
You know, the 4 people on Yul's tribe would all have a chance to win to make it to the final two and if Ozzy keeps winning immunity, he still has a chance to be there. In fact, I don't mind if anyone from those 4 win it. Jonathan doesn't have any chance to win because he screwed over too many people in the council.

Jonathan absolutely has a chance to win it. Survivor history shows that in the end, people will vote for whoever played the game the best, regardless of their alliance. I believe Jonathan has a chance to win against anybody but Yul or Ozzy, and his chances are very good against any of the women who get carried to the end. When compared to them, the scheming and playing of the game Jonathan has done will prove (more) favorably.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #119
Jas_lov
College Starter

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before in this thread, but by my count there will be 10 jurors. There's gotta be some kind of special twist where they make it an odd number right? And why did they start compiling the jury before the merge? This just doesn't make any sense unless in a special twist they bring back a former survivor to cast the deciding vote! Possibly Bobby Jon or Stephanie!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:05 PM   #120
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe they'll let the public vote.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:10 PM   #121
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I doubt the public will vote. Maybe there will be a special stipulation or something in case of a tie. Maybe if there is a tie, there will be a live re-vote...the only difference this time is that all of the jurors will have seen a "complete" show and gain insights into how each player played the game.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #122
jbmagic
Pro Starter

or maybe at some point the survivors will get to vote for one jury to come back into the game.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:51 PM   #123
Tyrith
College Starter

Jonathan sadly made the right move, because his team was too flaky to ever be trusted to carry him into the end game. They just aren't thinking at all, how are they ever going to outsmart Yul? And they were going to dispose of him the first chance they got. I honestly think, like many of you have been saying, Yul might take Jonathan along rather than Sundra and Ozzy in the end because Jonathan has angered so many people. Jonathan has been screwed in a corner for some time now; this was lose/lose for him, but he took the better of the two options.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #124
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Just watched last weeks episode. I'm a little upset Nathan is gone, I did like him, especially more than Adam. I think Jonathan made the right move, and I like Yul's thought of bringing him to the end, thinking that he has backstabbed too many people to win. Tonight's episode looks fun, esp. the Jonathan/Candice duel of words. Updated "Want to Win List":

1a. Ozzy
1b. Yul
3. Jonathan
4. Becky
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #125
Raiders Army
Coordinator

"If he really loved you, he would have given you the immunity necklace."

LOL.

I would've voted out Parvarti and sent Candice back to Exile Island as much as possible before I voted her out.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #126
Joe
Pro Starter

lol they're all bitches.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #127
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think they had a shot at convincing Yul and the group to get rid of Jonathan, but Candice's temper-tantrum and tattle-taling at the dinner did them in. Revenge is a dish best served cold, sweetheart.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #128
Jas_lov
College Starter

best episode in a while. Jonathan is a great character and Raro acts like he isn't even playing the game when he's the one that will advance the furthest. They're really hypocritcal especially about the whole fish thing. I think either Candice or Pavarti said something about how they should be fed when others catch fish or something like that and it's like Raro isn't capable of doing anything for themselves. Very entertaining tribal council.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #129
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I love how childish some of the people get on that game. I know it can stir up emotions but you have to realize that you are playing a game and that everyone else there is too.

Very glad to see Candace go so I don't have to see her cry about exile island again (I can't believe these people that I turned against don't like me). Yeah Jonathan did too but he can at least use the excuse that he was afriad to be on the wrong end of that jump after she left.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #130
Ironhead
College Prospect

You want to know why Jonathan is interesting? Because he isn't a freaking model that has been cast for the show as eye candy. He knows that game and is willing to make decisions within the realm of the game. For once a player was faced with a tough decision and they made a difficult decision. Yes everyone hates him, but at least he is still in the game and a prime person to take to the final 2.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:05 AM   #131
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I would've voted out Parvarti and sent Candice back to Exile Island as much as possible before I voted her out.

Same. Although I would have liked to have seen Becky choose Parvarti to go to exile at the auction because I wanted to hear Jeff tell her to put down the cake because leaving now means leaving now. I can't believe so many people held onto their money, Jonathan played the auction well. I also can't believe Adam won the immunity challenge. It looked like something that would be up Yul's alley.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #132
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was liking Jonathan until last night's antics. Almost makes me wonder if he purposedly acted like an ass so everybody wanted to bring him to the Final 2.

Was a bit surprised Candice went instead of Pavrati. She would have been another good person to take to the Final Two with her betrayal of her old tribe. And gods how can she feel so awful that they keep picking her to go to Exile Island given what she did to them? She should be expecting it. Though it would have been fun to see Pavrati go with just one bite of cake.

Adam might have to win every immunity challenge from now on if he wants to stay in the game. Though it will be interesting to see when and if Yul's gang breaks down and tries to vote one of their own out.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #133
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Same. Although I would have liked to have seen Becky choose Parvarti to go to exile at the auction because I wanted to hear Jeff tell her to put down the cake because leaving now means leaving now. I can't believe so many people held onto their money, Jonathan played the auction well. I also can't believe Adam won the immunity challenge. It looked like something that would be up Yul's alley.

I'm set on the fact that he just miraculously chose the right boxes accidentally. I really can't see anyone beating Ozzy in the physical challenges, except the strength ones, and I can't really see anyone beating Yul in the mental challenges. Then again it is Survivor, much stranger things have happened.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #134
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

I hope Pavarti gets to take a bath in each of the remaining episodes.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #135
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Over on Survivor Sucks, they noted that Pavarti's bikini bottoms were laying face-up on the tray above the bath. There were some...markings on them. Don't want to post the pix. You can find them easily on a search on Survivor Sucks.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #136
Joe
Pro Starter

well, the finale is next sunday, so I'm guessing they are doing a 3 person final, or they will have to do 4 eliminations in the 2 hours leading up to the final vote.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #137
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Idiots.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #138
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
well, the finale is next sunday, so I'm guessing they are doing a 3 person final, or they will have to do 4 eliminations in the 2 hours leading up to the final vote.

I think with 6 survivors left, they will eliminate 2 next Thursday and 2 on Sunday.

That will make your final 2?

But why is their an extra jury member? hmmmmm
Old 12-08-2006, 05:58 AM   #139
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Idiots.

that was possibly the dumbest move I've ever seen
Old 12-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #140
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
that was possibly the dumbest move I've ever seen

I think it was a smart move for Yule, but not necessarily for their whole group...

Yule has the idol, so he has a free pass... and he now may have gained some votes from the jury by making this move...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #141
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think was a dumb move to get rid of Jonathan now. Leaving Adam in the game, especially after he won an immunity in the last episode, was not smart. He's a physical threat, and liked by everybody but Jonathan. Smart move would have been to get rid of him, then Jonathan next round, leaving only Ozzy as a physical threat to Yul.

Looks like from the previews this move is going to come back to bite him in the butt. Both Yul and Ozzy should be cozying up to Becky and Sundra right now. Taking either one of them to final two is a guaranteed win for them.

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-08-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #142
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think the girls had had enough of Jonathan, but that was not the smart move. You HAVE to dump Adam to keep your 4 together. And dump Pavrati next before the girls all cozy up.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #143
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jonathan was entertaining.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #144
Kodos
Resident Alien

I would have dumped Adam first. Maybe Yul gained some jury votes here, but Jonathan was perfect to take along to the final 2.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #145
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I would have dumped Adam first. Maybe Yul gained some jury votes here, but Jonathan was perfect to take along to the final 2.

I don't see how Yul gets Jonathan to the final two though without betraying some folks and losing more votes than he'd gain by taking Jonathan...

Plus.. at what point does Jonathan start going to groups and saying.. "come on, would you rather go against me or Yul in the final two?!"

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #146
Tyrith
College Starter

They should probably have gotten rid of Adam first, yeah. I'm going to miss Jonathan. It really irritates me how they focused on the unwarranted name calling Adam/Parvati/Candace were giving him these last couple of eps. Personally, I think he was playing pretty good but was kind of screwed between the other white folks perception he was a "player" and the reality of being smashed between the two groups. Last night I think Yul/Becky was starting to get concerned of Jonathan getting the other players together and doing some crazy stuff, and Ozzy/Sundra don't really care between all the people outside of their foursome. So it wasn't a terrible vote, but it wasn't what I would have done.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #147
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
They should probably have gotten rid of Adam first, yeah. I'm going to miss Jonathan. It really irritates me how they focused on the unwarranted name calling Adam/Parvati/Candace were giving him these last couple of eps. Personally, I think he was playing pretty good but was kind of screwed between the other white folks perception he was a "player" and the reality of being smashed between the two groups. Last night I think Yul/Becky was starting to get concerned of Jonathan getting the other players together and doing some crazy stuff, and Ozzy/Sundra don't really care between all the people outside of their foursome. So it wasn't a terrible vote, but it wasn't what I would have done.

Now wait a minute...

You're trying to defend that Jonathan was "stuck" in a bad situation when he created it himself? He screwed himself the second he mutiny'd. He dug his grave and now he has to lie in it. If he sticks with Aitu the whole time, he's still in the game and Adam is gone.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #148
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Jonathan was entertaining.

Agreed. What I liked about him was that he usually got a feel what was going on and was never completely confident that he was going to make it to the next vote. Sure, he seemed annoying at times, but he did work his arse off to try to stay in the game and that was definitely entertaining.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #149
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The scene where Jonathan tried to talk to Becky and Sundra and they gave him the complete cold shoulder was the catalyst for an interesting discussion between my wife and I about the difference between how subtle a woman acts when she's mad and how subtle she thinks she's acting.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:04 AM   #150
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Yul needs to order a hit on Jeff.

Fire Ron Lee.